ADVERTISEMENT

"White Civil Rights" Rally Approved for D.C. in August

Seriously? SERIOUSLY? Do you think I need to engage in a catharsis of saying I reject KKK and racism to firm up my view of racism for my own good? Maybe for you. But not me. I have strong self awareness. I control what I believe without having to wear the tee shirt or carry the sign.
The above is self-refuting.

You think this flag is a racist tell?

first_navy_jack_flag.jpg

Ummm no. Trump’s election has emboldened the ne’er do wells and the pseudo-conservatives and the other fools. Mostly this includes the Klan and Nazi’s. You can call them non-conservative or whatever other name you want to call them, but they are entirely your issue.
Meanwhile, among other Republican presidential hopefuls ...

Not racist at all. Another good Christian showing his true self.

Not racist at all. Another good Christian showing his true self.

Gotta scare the old white folks into voting.

I think this all boils down to a perceived loss of status for a lot of white people. They remember the good old days when the whole school and whole neighborhood were white. Well, you might have four black kids in your school (maybe...MAYBE one Hispanic or Asian) and maybe one black family in an otherwise all white neighborhood. Everyone you worked with was white except for the one black guy who was good enough to say hello to at work, but was magically never at the cookouts. And back then the gays and trannies knew better than to come out in public. Now the gays and trannies are *gasp* standing up for themselves, coming out in public, and ordering cakes...not to mention running for elected office and winning. Then you have blacks and Hispanics holding high office with a black guy (with a Muslimy name) holding the highest office in the country. A lot of older white folks can’t deal with seeing the world change. A world where white is losing its majority/dominant status.

Reactions: Lucy01
Gotta scare the old white folks into voting.

I think this all boils down to a perceived loss of status for a lot of white people. They remember the good old days when the whole school and whole neighborhood were white. Well, you might have four black kids in your school (maybe...MAYBE one Hispanic or Asian) and maybe one black family in an otherwise all white neighborhood. Everyone you worked with was white except for the one black guy who was good enough to say hello to at work, but was magically never at the cookouts. And back then the gays and trannies knew better than to come out in public. Now the gays and trannies are *gasp* standing up for themselves, coming out in public, and ordering cakes...not to mention running for elected office and winning. Then you have blacks and Hispanics holding high office with a black guy (with a Muslimy name) holding the highest office in the country. A lot of older white folks can’t deal with seeing the world change. A world where white is losing its majority/dominant status.
You’re dead on with this post :rolleyes:

I will even break it down for you.

So what was the initial offense of the Nazis? They announce an event where they are going to share abhorrent views. So basically they are exercising their right to speech and assembly. We do not like their views but it is not a crime for them to hold them or to express them. As to them bringing things to defend themselves from leftist violence, this is kind of chicken and egg as I honestly do not know who threw the first proverbial punch, but there may be some clues....

So thes guys show up to yell their inanities wearing silly medieval cosplay the response from Antifa is not to point and laugh. No, their opinions are so vile that we must split on them and push them (both are battery by the way-spit on someone and push them for talking nonsense to you and see which one of you the police have an issue with) and then there is a violent response back from the Nazi guys. And then Antifa has to escalate and back and forth we go.

"So what was the initial offense of the Nazis? They announce an event where they are going to share abhorrent views. So basically they are exercising their right to speech and assembly. We do not like their views but it is not a crime for them to hold them or to express them. As to them bringing things to defend themselves from leftist violence, this is kind of chicken and egg as I honestly do not know who threw the first proverbial punch, but there may be some clues....

So these guys show up to yell their inanities wearing silly medieval cosplay the response from Antifa is not to point and laugh. No, their opinions are so vile that we must split on them and push them (both are battery by the way-spit on someone and push them for talking nonsense to you and see which one of you the police have an issue with) and then there is a violent response back from the Nazi guys. And then Antifa has to escalate and back and forth we go."

I'll have to look thru your entire post and see if I have any comments to make later on. However, regarding what you've posted here, what strikes me is that while you are gung ho on the rights of the Nazis,you seem to have no concern or even awareness of the rights of the people who lived in a place like Charlottesville,did not want Nazi's in their town,and were never asked if they wanted Nazis coming to their town exercising their rights of "free speech". And the elderly people in the Synagogue that was targeted for the Friday night tiki march- where do their rights fit into the picture?

I'm only commenting on Charlottesville because I'm not really as invested in other examples. Also, Charlottesville despite what Trump said is 100% the fault of the Vanguard/Nazis who invaded a peaceful town where nobody wanted them. The woman that was murdered was a local, protesting against Fascists invading her town. And remember, no one attacked the Nazis when they marched on Fri night. It was only that the 2 camps met the following afternoon and as one group was returning back to their camp an eager Nazi decided to stage his own version of a Kamikaze attack.

Last edited:
Reactions: iu_a_att
Did you ever answer the question of WHY these folks (and apparently YOU) feel the need to rally in support of your Civil Rights (as a white man)? I think that's the question many of us here are perplexed about- who/what exactly is "threatening" your "civil rights"?
You want examples of white people having their civil rights violated? Here's a half century of it. Start way back with Affirmative Action all the way up to last week when Mayor de Blasio proposed to replace NYC's qualifying exam for the city's elite high schools with racial quotas. And of course all of the diversity policies in between.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...n-black-hispanic-students-20180602-story.html

These are the folks terrorizing Central America. Along with another gang (can’t remember the name of it).

This gang was literally born in the US- in Los Angeles area jails/prisons due to their policies of separating inmates based on race (not commenting on that policy- I assume it’s to keep order).

Again, that gang that was created here terrorizes the region. And the countries where they dominate are in a horrible place from a government standpoint because of our policies/meddling in the past. And how do we treat the folks that are fleeing for their lives?

We incarcerate them, and take their children away from them.

And because of Jeff Sessions policy to not use fear from domestic violence/gang activities, we’ve now decided that they can’t stay here- and we’ve permanently damaged their children on top of it.

I’m really ashamed that our country is doing these things. The Trump administrations actions were done strictly to push congress towards negotiating an immigration policy settlement. Folks that fear for their lives (including their children) have been/are literally pawns to push the president’s agenda.

MS-13 gang members are but a minuscule fraction of the asylum seekers. Trump is using his base’s/Fox News viewer’s fear of MS-13 to make people think all of this is OK.

And on top of it, they’re being extremely secretive about all of the details, and aren’t allowing anyone to see the details. And, of course, they have no plan, other than reacting to backlash from their inhuman policies.

It’s sick and twisted on so many levels.

In other words, if you’re using MS-13 as a false equivalency to the refugees, you’re wrong. That narrative is simply a way for Trump supporters to feel better about what the administration has done.

Behind all of this is thinly veiled racism. Or supreme ignorance. I doubt people would react this way of Canadians were pouring over the border during a crisis, and motorcycle gangs were the “bad guys”.

No.

I have no idea about the source of this, or the significance of it. On its face, without knowing more, I don’t think it is.
You are correct, it isn't. However, there are morons that do believe that flag and that phrase of "DONT TREAD ON ME" (no apostrophe in the original, so that's accurate) are indications that the person flying the flag or who has that phrase on something is a racist. What it really indicates is that the people thinking that are totally clueless idiots.

You are wrong. The majority of people who fly that flag are racist idiots. It's true. Period.
So YOU are a moron who knows NOTHING about of what you speak. That flag is flown on the jack staff on the bow of every US Navy ship every single fricking day.

kitty-hawk-fnj-dtom.jpg

It's the First Navy Jack and we've been flying it since 2002 in place of the union jack. Before that it was flown on the oldest ship in the Navy. It was flown over every Navy ship in the Navy's early days too. Learn some history and obtain some common sense, idiot. :rolleyes:

Reactions: MrBing and 76-1
You agree with Marc Thiessen.
The guy who supports your false analogy is a right wing PR hack would worked with Manafort, Roger Stone and Jesse Helms. He makes the same preposterous jumps that you do.
Thiessen has worked in Washington, D.C., for many years, starting with five years at Lobbying firm Black, Manafort, Stone and Kelly. He spent six years (1995–2001) on Capitol Hill as spokesman and senior policy advisor to Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Jesse Helms (R-NC).[3][4]
You are correct, it isn't. However, there are morons that do believe that flag and that phrase of "DONT TREAD ON ME" (no apostrophe in the original, so that's accurate) are indications that the person flying the flag or who has that phrase on something is a racist. What it really indicates is that the people thinking that are totally clueless idiots.
The only clueless morons I know that conflate the DONT TREAD ON ME phrase with racism are actual racists like below
1200px-charlottesville_-unite_the_right-_rally_35780274914_.jpg

So YOU are an idiot too. There is NOTHING racist about the First Navy Jack or the phrase on it. The flag coopted by some white supremacists is not the same flag - it's the Gadsden Flag. However, it's not racist in origin either - it's a patriotic flag used by the Continental Marines during the Revolutionary War. That some racists might use the flag, doesn't make the flag racist. What if some extremist group decided they loved the IU flag and started carrying it around during their demonstrations, does the flag become racist? Of course not - that's idiotic.
No, but the flag could easily become a symbol for that group and anybody who then suddenly started flying the flag because of any common bond with those demonstrations would be reinforcing that notion. It would be fair to note use and symbolism of the flag for those purposes.

Nobody is saying the flag has racist origins.

So YOU are an idiot too. There is NOTHING racist about the First Navy Jack or the phrase on it. The flag coopted by some white supremacists is not the same flag - it's the Gadsden Flag. However, it's not racist in origin either - it's a patriotic flag used by the Continental Marines during the Revolutionary War. That some racists might use the flag, doesn't make the flag racist. What if some extremist group decided they loved the IU flag and started carrying it around during their demonstrations, does the flag become racist? Of course not - that's idiotic.
Sheesh, try reading before flaming. I said the only people I knew who made the mistake of thinking the phrase is racist are actual racists. I never said the phrase or the flag is racist. Peace man!
il_570xN.1344238779_5vi7.jpg

Reactions: MrBing
No, but the flag could easily become a symbol for that group and anybody who then suddenly started flying the flag because of any common bond with those demonstrations would be reinforcing that notion. It would be fair to note use and symbolism of the flag for those purposes.

Nobody is saying the flag has racist origins.
Why would we let any group coopt our symbols? Why would we stop flying our IU flags because some extremist group (left or right) decided they thought it was a cool flag or symbol? I think fighting against the misuse of our symbols and flags is the better option.

Sheesh, try reading before flaming. I said the only people I knew who made the mistake of thinking the phrase is racist are actual racists. I never said the phrase or the flag is racist. Peace man!
il_570xN.1344238779_5vi7.jpg
Sorry, I actually did misread your post. Apologies! :)

Reactions: iu_a_att
Why would we let any group coopt our symbols? Why would we stop flying our IU flags because some extremist group (left or right) decided they thought it was a cool flag or symbol? I think fighting against the misuse of our symbols and flags is the better option.
Where did I say otherwise?

These are the folks terrorizing Central America. Along with another gang (can’t remember the name of it).

This gang was literally born in the US- in Los Angeles area jails/prisons due to their policies of separating inmates based on race (not commenting on that policy- I assume it’s to keep order).

Again, that gang that was created here terrorizes the region. And the countries where they dominate are in a horrible place from a government standpoint because of our policies/meddling in the past. And how do we treat the folks that are fleeing for their lives?

We incarcerate them, and take their children away from them.

And because of Jeff Sessions policy to not use fear from domestic violence/gang activities, we’ve now decided that they can’t stay here- and we’ve permanently damaged their children on top of it.

I’m really ashamed that our country is doing these things. The Trump administrations actions were done strictly to push congress towards negotiating an immigration policy settlement. Folks that fear for their lives (including their children) have been/are literally pawns to push the president’s agenda.

MS-13 gang members are but a minuscule fraction of the asylum seekers. Trump is using his base’s/Fox News viewer’s fear of MS-13 to make people think all of this is OK.

And on top of it, they’re being extremely secretive about all of the details, and aren’t allowing anyone to see the details. And, of course, they have no plan, other than reacting to backlash from their inhuman policies.

It’s sick and twisted on so many levels.

In other words, if you’re using MS-13 as a false equivalency to the refugees, you’re wrong. That narrative is simply a way for Trump supporters to feel better about what the administration has done.

Behind all of this is thinly veiled racism. Or supreme ignorance. I doubt people would react this way of Canadians were pouring over the border during a crisis, and motorcycle gangs were the “bad guys”.

MS 13 started in the Salvadorian and Guatemalan refugee areas of Los Angeles.

We tried to help then by accepting refugees from the violent areas of Central America. See how that worked out?

Reactions: 76-1
Let me clear it up. CoH implies that Guatemalan and Salvadoran refugee programs are responsible for activity by criminal gangs--he provides no evidence for that claim. He implies that the fact of these gangs is a good reason not to have these refugee programs--he provides no evidence for that claim either. He begins his "argument" by reminding people there are members of the group they despise.

Pathetically inadequate jackleg arguments are the common currency of bigots everywhere. The framing of the discussion in terms of despised criminals serves to stimulate people's prejudices. Those who are consciously or unconsciously prejudiced find such absurd jackleg arguments as at least plausible. Everyone else will easily see the hackery.

Huh. I said the most brutal and violent gang existing in the US today sprung from the Salvadoran and Guatemalan refugee communities in LA. That is a true statement.

I don’t know what you mean by “refugee programs,” but I did not mention the programs being responsible. I did not say this is good reason not to have these programs. Nuance is not your strong point. People did this. Not programs.

If you followed the discussion as carefully as you toss around your silly jackleg baloney, you’d note that my post was a response to wiede’s observation that MS 13 started in America as if we had something to do with it. All we did was accept Central American refugees. The refugees took it from there.

Let me clear it up. CoH implies that Guatemalan and Salvadoran refugee programs are responsible for activity by criminal gangs--he provides no evidence for that claim. He implies that the fact of these gangs is a good reason not to have these refugee programs--he provides no evidence for that claim either. He begins his "argument" by reminding people there are members of the group they despise.

Pathetically inadequate jackleg arguments are the common currency of bigots everywhere. The framing of the discussion in terms of despised criminals serves to stimulate people's prejudices. Those who are consciously or unconsciously prejudiced find such absurd jackleg arguments as at least plausible. Everyone else will easily see the hackery.
"Implying" is what CO.H does. He will unambiguously imply all sorts of horrible things, and then when you disagree with them, he will rest on the fact that he didn't actually say any of that explicitly. When you push him to then explicitly state what he intended with his previous implications, he will steadfastly refuse to do so. That is the game he plays, and has been playing for some time.

Reactions: RBB89 and iu_a_att
When you push him to then explicitly state what he intended with his previous implications, he will steadfastly refuse to do so.

You are mind reading again.

You and iu-a-att are doing a helluva lot more inferring than I am implying.

Aren’t you the guy who wants to keep threads on topic? Yet again you post about yours truly.

Reactions: Lucy01
Huh. I said the most brutal and violent gang existing in the US today sprung from the Salvadoran and Guatemalan refugee communities in LA. That is a true statement.

I don’t know what you mean by “refugee programs,” but I did not mention the programs being responsible. I did not say this is good reason not to have these programs. Nuance is not your strong point. People did this. Not programs.

If you followed the discussion as carefully as you toss around your silly jackleg baloney, you’d note that my post was a response to wiede’s observation that MS 13 started in America as if we had something to do with it. All we did was accept Central American refugees. The refugees took it from there.
In your previous post you made no actual argument at all and then capped it off with "see how that works" as if not only had an argument been made but that the argument was obviously true. I responded to that post because it struck me as an exemplar of what I have been calling "jackleg inner lawyering"--transparently fallacious logic combined with laughable empirics in the service of prejudice rather than actual values.

Your post above reinforces my point. You write that "All we did was accept Central American refugees. The refugees took it from there."

Where did "they" "take it"? They took it, you imply, to MS13. It is characteristic of our inner jackleg lawyer to barf up such grotesque libels i.e., to indict Central American refugees for MS13. Vile politicians and despots throughout history have, like Trump and Huckabee do presently, trafficked in such blood libels.

In your previous post you made no actual argument at all and then capped it off with "see how that works" as if not only had an argument been made but that the argument was obviously true. I responded to that post because it struck me as an exemplar of what I have been calling "jackleg inner lawyering"--transparently fallacious logic combined with laughable empirics in the service of prejudice rather than actual values.

Your post above reinforces my point. You write that "All we did was accept Central American refugees. The refugees took it from there."

Where did "they" "take it"? They took it, you imply, to MS13. It is characteristic of our inner jackleg lawyer to barf up such grotesque libels i.e., to indict Central American refugees for MS13. Vile politicians and despots throughout history have, like Trump and Huckabee do presently, trafficked in such blood libels.

Once again showing that nuance is not your strength. Your post is straight outta the school of the composition:division fallacy which the left routinely employs. (Eg “Muslim terrorists” = all Muslims are terrorists).

Your’s looks like a bad faith post to me. Nowhere did I indict all Salvadorans as MS 13 gang members. You constructed that to give yourself something to argue with me about.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Once again showing that nuance is not your strength. Your post is straight outta the school of the composition:division fallacy which the left routinely employs. (Eg “Muslim terrorists” = all Muslims are terrorists).

Your’s looks like a bad faith post to me. Nowhere did I indict all Salvadorans as MS 13 gang members. You constructed that to give yourself something to argue with me about.
Nowhere did I say that you called all Salvadorans MS13 gang members. I say that your juxtaposition of MS13 with Central American refugees is prejudicial in the extreme for the refugees. In effect the jackdog lawyer indicts the entire group for the crimes of individuals. There is a typo in you post above. You mistakenly substitute left for right. The fallacy you mention as well as the example are stock-in-trade of the right.

So YOU are a moron who knows NOTHING about of what you speak. That flag is flown on the jack staff on the bow of every US Navy ship every single fricking day.

kitty-hawk-fnj-dtom.jpg

It's the First Navy Jack and we've been flying it since 2002 in place of the union jack. Before that it was flown on the oldest ship in the Navy. It was flown over every Navy ship in the Navy's early days too. Learn some history and obtain some common sense, idiot. :rolleyes:
I think he’s confusing the Navy Jack with the Gadsden Flag. The Navy Jack is entirely not linked to racism and nationalism. The Gadsden flag assuredly is. The typical flier of the Gadsden flag, in my experiences, fits the narrative of the criticism.

I think he’s confusing the Navy Jack with the Gadsden Flag. The Navy Jack is entirely not linked to racism and nationalism. The Gadsden flag assuredly is. The typical flier of the Gadsden flag, in my experiences, fits the narrative of the criticism.
Further proof he’s a moron.

The Gadsden flag has been coopted by some people I don’t care for, but the flag itself should not be seen as a symbol of racism. I fly the US flag every day with another flag below it. Often it’s a Navy related flag like the Navy Jack, or the Navy flag itself. On game days it’ll be an IU flag. Sometimes it’s a state flag, Reds flag, Dallas Cowboys flag, etc. I might buy a Gadsden flag and fly it occasionally to show it has nothing to do with racism - it’s about patriotism.

Further proof he’s a moron.

The Gadsden flag has been coopted by some people I don’t care for, but the flag itself should not be seen as a symbol of racism. I fly the US flag every day with another flag below it. Often it’s a Navy related flag like the Navy Jack, or the Navy flag itself. On game days it’ll be an IU flag. Sometimes it’s a state flag, Reds flag, Dallas Cowboys flag, etc. I might buy a Gadsden flag and fly it occasionally to show it has nothing to do with racism - it’s about patriotism.
I don’t disagree re: Gadsden flag but in my neck of the woods it’s been so co-opted by the neckbeards that at this point it’s a blatant support of white nationalism. Doesn’t make it right, but it is what it is. Remember the swastika wasn’t a symbol of Naziism - until it was.

I don’t disagree re: Gadsden flag but in my neck of the woods it’s been so co-opted by the neckbeards that at this point it’s a blatant support of white nationalism. Doesn’t make it right, but it is what it is. Remember the swastika wasn’t a symbol of Naziism - until it was.
Anyone that knows me would know I’m flying it in support of patriotism alone. I don’t care what others might think. If some liberal stranger takes offense, that might be a bonus - I hope the UK fans that see my IU flag are offended by it. ;)

"Implying" is what CO.H does. He will unambiguously imply all sorts of horrible things, and then when you disagree with them, he will rest on the fact that he didn't actually say any of that explicitly. When you push him to then explicitly state what he intended with his previous implications, he will steadfastly refuse to do so. That is the game he plays, and has been playing for some time.
The propagandist first stimulates the prejudice and then provides the jackleg lawyering that "rationalizes" it. The introduction of prejudicial evidence accompanied by innuendo rather than argument is well-understood tactic in legal circles. But what is strictly prohibited in the courtroom is the stock-in-trade of the unscrupulous politician/propagandist. The propagandist and his dupe say the same thing making it hard to distinguish between them.

MS 13 started in the Salvadorian and Guatemalan refugee areas of Los Angeles.

We tried to help then by accepting refugees from the violent areas of Central America. See how that worked out?

What’s the ultimate point of this post?

I truly don’t understand. Can you clarify the point for me?

It seems like you’re implying that allowing the victims of MS-13 violence would be a bad thing- because we did it once before, and it didn’t work out.

Did I misunderstand your post?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT