ADVERTISEMENT

YUGE QAnon rally in Youngstown Saturday Night...

Desantis is currently a Governor and more relevant than Trump. The MV is newsworthy and a recent event. I do agree he is mentioned a little too much, as well, but you guys/gals have to be scared of something.

If desantis is more relevant than trump then why are GOP politicians still running to Trump for approval? If desantis is more relevant then shouldn't they be asking for his approval?

Yes. That is his wrecking ball. And it is horrific.

Due to his narcissistic inability to accept defeat he has convinced a large part of our population that the election was stolen (without any evidence in spite of a historical number of recounts and scrutinizing). The peaceful transfer of power is a bedrock of our democracy but he has shredded that by not showing up for the inauguration, continuing to lie about the results, calling his vp a pussy for not stopping the lawful certification of the election, inciting the insurrection at the capitol, hiring screwy attorneys that help put together fake electors in swing states, cast doubt on Republican Secretaries of State doing their job, etc etc.

I will admit they I’ll never understand how the cult members overlook virtually anything he does.
Well said.

Yeah those are everywhere man.
Well, of course, Grant actually was a candidate, too. Flags, posters etc. are OK for candidates.

The TDS accusers keep claiming the Trump opponents are obsessed with Trump because they post about him even though he has not formally announced his candidacy.

Nonetheless, the Trump supporters still fly their Trump flags prior to his candidacy but no one claims they have TDS themselves.

Weird. Hypocrisy in politics. Who would have guessed?

Desantis is currently a Governor and more relevant than Trump. The MV is newsworthy and a recent event. I do agree he is mentioned a little too much, as well, but you guys/gals have to be scared of something.
Damn straight I am.

Right now, the sore loser Republicans are doing everything they can to undermine all notions that it's even possible to conduct a valid election anywhere ... unless of course all Republicans win all elections.

Until they speak out strongly against Trump and the other fraudulent election deniers, the following is the type of democracy Republicans are promoting:

5969fca5-0205-428e-9821-78e50dc1f654-GTY_AFP_1QX44Z.jpg

I hope mob rule and chaos are not your idea of a democracy.

Reactions: DCDAVID
That may be true. But blaming Dems because people vote for Trump or Trumper candidates, or blaming posters here for posting Trump related posts is transference that ignores reality. If you're upset that Trump is the topic of discussion blame Trump. He did not have to inspire people to riot, and could have taken his loss like a man instead of a sniveling baby who didn't get his way.

Republicans have a choice when it comes to Trump or pro-Trump candidates. You guys are very quick to blame Dems for reverse promoting MAGA candidates, but it's very easy for GOP voters to defeat that strategy by not voting for MAGA candidates. You people are the ones who let the crazies wrest control of your party, and if Dem voters in primaries vote to nominate someone like AOC then THEY are responsible for those actions as well..

We discussed people like Greitens and Cawthorn when they were people Republicans were voting for. Now that they have lost primaries and aren't getting support from Republican voters I am perfectly content to ignore them and refrain from mentioning them for the most part.

That's how it works, if you aren't part of the news cycle and constantly injecting yourself into the conversation, then I am perfectly content to abstain from discussing you. However if you choose to behave in the opposite manner and in particular engage in conduct and activities that entertain Fascist ideals on a Presidential candidacy level like we haven't seen since Huey Long, then I may start a thread discussing a rally where those factors were on display. And I might even post a Randy Newman song that describes the trajectory from populism to Fascism...

Democrats should not promote or vote for any MAGA candidates in the primaries. I get that we think that they'd be easier to beat but we could be wrong. It's a very dangerous game and we shouldn't be playing it.

Reactions: PhyloeBedoe
Damn straight I am.

Right now, the sore loser Republicans are doing everything they can to undermine all notions that it's even possible to conduct a valid election anywhere ... unless of course all Republicans win all elections.

Until they speak out strongly against Trump and the other fraudulent election deniers, the following is the type of democracy Republicans are promoting:

5969fca5-0205-428e-9821-78e50dc1f654-GTY_AFP_1QX44Z.jpg

I hope mob rule and chaos are not your idea of a democracy.
What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

I keep pointing this out and they keep ignoring it.
Because it isn't true, at least in a broad, general sense.

Trump is very likely quite beatable, yes. His negatives are growing fast.

The problem is that there is no conceivable way that he would admit honest defeat. So even routing Trump likely threatens our democracy. No sane person wants that.

It's far better that he be held accountable for his traitorous misdeeds and not even be allowed to run.

Last edited:
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Did you die and get reincarnated when Biden won and start over? If you seriously think Biden or this administration would do any more for you on a personal one on one basis as your post suggested about Trump and water you are delusional. You should really consider some TDS counseling, Biden is the current President and as much as I despise him I dont spend my entire day obsessing like you and some others on here do about Trump, who holds no political office and hasn't in over a yr and a half.
" Biden is the current President and as much as I despise him I dont spend my entire day obsessing like you and some others on here do about Trump, who holds no political office and hasn't in over a yr and a half."

So are you saying people on here start more threads critical of Trump than Biden? The only reason it's close is because Trump insists on thrusting himself into the news cycle. It's likely that Vance and OZ didn't even invite him to their respective rallies...

If the "he" you're referring to is Trump, and implying that we are scared, I think you misread motivation, at least mine...

Six months ago I was ready to concede that the House and likely the Senate as well would fall to the Pubs. But that was before Roe was overturned and before Trump went on his latest crime spree. Pubs had a double digit lead in the enthusiasm gap, and Biden's numbers were in the tank, at near Trumpian levels.

Part of the enthusiasm gap was that Biden's numbers reflected disapproval not just from Pubs over things he did that they disapproved of, but also from Dems who were upset that his agenda had stalled and to him he hadn't done enough. But the recent success of the Legislative agenda (providing people who voted for Biden action on issues they supported him over in the first place) as well as the GOP's abortion debacle and Trump's illustration to the threat MAGA poses to democratic ideals, has energized Dems. To the point that a poll released today says the TOP issue for Dems in swing states is the threat to Democracy.

Let me ask you- do you think DeSantis sending Venezuelans to MV earns him NEW votes, voters who previously weren't inclined to support him? People who weren't already on the DeSantis train over his attacks on Disney, or his targeting of the LGBTQ community, his open advocacy for teaching that originalism is the way schools should present US History, now all of a sudden they're going to jump on board because for them xenophobia trumps the rest of his bigotry? Don't you think his latest move is far more a case of playing to the choir, rather than causing anyone to see him in a more positive light? Especially Hispanics?

If the "he" you're referring to is Trump, and implying that we are scared, I think you misread motivation, at least mine...

Six months ago I was ready to concede that the House and likely the Senate as well would fall to the Pubs. But that was before Roe was overturned and before Trump went on his latest crime spree. Pubs had a double digit lead in the enthusiasm gap, and Biden's numbers were in the tank, at near Trumpian levels.

Part of the enthusiasm gap was that Biden's numbers reflected disapproval not just from Pubs over things he did that they disapproved of, but also from Dems who were upset that his agenda had stalled and to him he hadn't done enough. But the recent success of the Legislative agenda (providing people who voted for Biden action on issues they supported him over in the first place) as well as the GOP's abortion debacle and Trump's illustration to the threat MAGA poses to democratic ideals, has energized Dems. To the point that a poll released today says the TOP issue for Dems in swing states is the threat to Democracy.

Let me ask you- do you think DeSantis sending Venezuelans to MV earns him NEW votes, voters who previously weren't inclined to support him? People who weren't already on the DeSantis train over his attacks on Disney, or his targeting of the LGBTQ community, his open advocacy for teaching that originalism is the way schools should present US History, now all of a sudden they're going to jump on board because for them xenophobia trumps the rest of his bigotry? Don't you think his latest move is far more a case of playing to the choir, rather than causing anyone to see him in a more positive light? Especially Hispanics?
The he was for Desantis, not Trump. The MV will blow over in a week and won’t make a difference in Desantis numbers. He will get re-elected comfortably in November. People who dislike him will continue to dislike and people who like him will continue to like him.

My overall point is I find Trump conversations boring, irrelevant 99% of the time, and it would be great if there were fewer of them on the board(I know I don’t have to read them and I usually don’t). If I had a magic wand I’d stick every Trumper in a room with anti-Trumpers like you and punish all of you.

As, for midterms, I stated a couple of weeks ago abortion, decreasing gasoline cost, and a slowing of inflation has helped Democrats.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
The he was for Desantis, not Trump. The MV will blow over in a week and won’t make a difference in Desantis numbers. He will get re-elected comfortably in November. People who dislike him will continue to dislike and people who like him will continue to like him.

My overall point is I find Trump conversations boring, irrelevant 99% of the time, and it would be great if there were fewer of them on the board(I know I don’t have to read them and I usually don’t). If I had a magic wand I’d stick every Trumper in a room with anti-Trumpers like you and punish all of you.

As, for midterms, I stated a couple of weeks ago abortion, decreasing gasoline cost, and a slowing of inflation has helped Democrats.
It thru me off when you said "he" is mentioned too often, as that is what some folks complain about regrading Trump.

I'd love for DeSantis to lose (don't think he will), but ultimately I'm much more concerned with the Senate, and getting enough of a majority to bypass Mancin and Sinema and get things done. So I think DeSantis's stunt is another incident that may hurt Pubs with Hispanics- Rubio in FL, but elsewhere as well. Shore up Cortez-Masto vs Laxalt in NV, and maybe some House races in CA and the West.

I also think abortion and the huge influx of women who registered after the Dobbs decision is still not being picked up accurately in "likely voter" polling, since by definition people who just registered don't fall into the category of "likely to vote", esp in a traditional midterm framework, That's why I think bailey and dbm's reliance on Trafalgar and other partisan polls is misplaced- they already missed the abortion issue in Kansas and the 19th House in New York, because huge numbers of "unlikely voters" showed up to vote...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT