ADVERTISEMENT

Centralized NGOs behind the "end of progressive intellectual life"?

I don't watch Fox so I don't know, but stories seem to suggest Tucker has bought into whatever Vlad is selling. Are the rest that way?
I avoid Fox like the plague but I did check out some Tucker footage to see how demented he is. He is. But he’s their primetime hero so I think it’s reasonable to equate him with Fox and fox with him.

It’s a one-to-one and onto relationship.

Related

Here is a YouTuber with 25k followers on Twitter defending Ezra Miller - the person who plays Flash in the new DC movies who has been arrested multiple times recently for disorderly conduct and attacking people including women - by ensuring we know that he isn’t really a he and have undertones of it being less bad that he attacked women because he’s identified as Q.

Everything is fine in our society.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Here is a YouTuber with 25k followers on Twitter defending Ezra Miller - the person who plays Flash in the new DC movies who has been arrested multiple times recently for disorderly conduct and attacking people including women - by ensuring we know that he isn’t really a he and have undertones of it being less bad that he attacked women because he’s identified as Q.

What's enby?

Reactions: larsIU
Perfect. I enjoy using these terms and all the latest terms with my very woke daughter when i pick her up from school. "Oh wow. That Enby kid is still masked up?"
The newest one is "mid".

Like, if something's not tremendously good or bad it's just "mid".

How was your day? Mid
How'd you do on your test? Mid
How'd soccer go? Mid

Nearly everything is "mid". Some things are still "bangin" though much less frequently. Even "bussin" rears it's head now and again (i don't know what that means particularly so I just nod). I think those are both in the "good" category.

The newest one is "mid".

How was your day? Mid
How'd soccer go? Mid

Nearly everything is "mid". Some things are still "bangin" though much less frequently. Even "bussin" rears it's head now and again (i don't know what that means particularly so I just nod). I think those are both in the "good" category.
I hear bussin fairly frequently still along with sus. So and so is sus. Mid hasn't caught on here yet

The newest one is "mid".

How was your day? Mid
How'd soccer go? Mid

I enjoy the term "slaps", as in "This food slaps!" (good). Although I do purposefully annoy my younger daughter by misusing it..."This food is slappin' "
That gets the ol' stinkeye. :mad:

I enjoy the term "slaps", as in "This food slaps!" (good). Although I do purposefully annoy my younger daughter by misusing it..."This food is slappin' "
That gets the ol' stinkeye. :mad:
Probably sounds to us like it did my parents when I would say something was "bad" 35 years ago

I hear bussin fairly frequently still along with sus. So and so is sus. Mid hasn't caught on here yet
412.png

I have no idea what any of this means

Perfect. I enjoy using these terms and all the latest terms with my very woke daughter when i pick her up from school. "Oh wow. That Enby kid is still masked up?"
A couple of anecdotes:

My 11-year-old son and I are laying on the couch watching an episode of Welcome to Earth series (produced by Darren Aranofsky!) and starring Will Smith. This is pre-Oscars fiasco.

The episode concerns sharks who show up this small island every year to eat sea turtles. The turtles go there to give birth. Smith, the narrator, makes some comment about how the female turtles are easier to catch because they've just given birth while male turtles more easily survive.

My son says out loud, "Dad, what about the non-binary turtles?"

I just turned my head, looked at him while thinking, "what the f@#k are they teaching him at this school" and said "I don't think turtles care about that, bud."

The second one: my son was telling me about a friend who asked a girl to Starbucks "on a date." These are 6th graders. I asked him "Are there many couples in your grade?" He thought about it for a few seconds, then said he could only think of three: one was a boy-girl couple, the other two were girl-girl couples. He said this like it was the most normal thing in the world, like two 11-year-old lesbians dating was as normal as the sun rising. All of his friends are the same. Meanwhile, in my middle school, circa 1982 northern Indiana, that fact would have rocked the school.

While we teach tolerance in our house, I've never had a specific discussion with my kids about trans, gay, etc. so I don't think I can take credit for that. They've clearly learned this attitude at school.

Make of this what you will. I'm really glad my kid is so accepting and open at a young age. That said, I do worry about some of the underlying stuff I don't even know about that his school may be subtly imparting to him. I guess parents will always have to worry about that.

A couple of anecdotes:

My 11-year-old son and I are laying on the couch watching an episode of Welcome to Earth series (produced by Darren Aranofsky!) and starring Will Smith. This is pre-Oscars fiasco.

The episode concerns sharks who show up this small island every year to eat sea turtles. The turtles go there to give birth. Smith, the narrator, makes some comment about how the female turtles are easier to catch because they've just given birth while male turtles more easily survive.

I just turned my head, looked at him while thinking, "what the f@#k are they teaching him at this school" and said "I don't think turtles care about that, bud."

The second one: my son was telling me about a friend who asked a girl to Starbucks "on a date." These are 6th graders. I asked him "Are there many couples in your grade?" He thought about it for a few seconds, then said he could only think of three: one was a boy-girl couple, the other two were girl-girl couples. He said this like it was the most normal thing in the world, like two 11-year-old lesbians dating was as normal as the sun rising. All of his friends are the same. Meanwhile, in my middle school, circa 1982 northern Indiana, that fact would have rocked the school.

While we teach tolerance in our house, I've never had a specific discussion with my kids about trans, gay, etc. so I don't think I can take credit for that. They've clearly learned this attitude at school.

Make of this what you will. I'm really glad my kid is so accepting and open at a young age. That said, I do worry about some of the underlying stuff I don't even know about that his school may be subtly imparting to him. I guess parents will always have to worry about that.
Fantastic!! My 11 yr old daughter and I watched that Will Smith series too. It was good. Light.

I'm pretty convinced that schools and friends have far more influence on kids than parents.

A couple of anecdotes:

I don't know if we know what dating means to those kids. I suspect that without the stigma, kids are more willing to same-sex "date" at that age. But as they age their natural preferences will take over. But that is just a guess, I doubt anyone knows.

And who knows how much may be taught by the school, how much by friends, how much by interwebs. Most of what I knew at 11 was from friends and a lot was incredibly wrong.

Fantastic!! My 11 yr old daughter and I watched that Will Smith series too. It was good. Light.

I'm pretty convinced that schools and friends have far more influence on kids than parents.
...with friends, schoolmates and internet far dominant to the school’s influence, especially in terms of teaching gender splendor.

I don't know if we know what dating means to those kids. I suspect that without the stigma, kids are more willing to same-sex "date" at that age. But as they age their natural preferences will take over. But that is just a guess, I doubt anyone knows.

And who knows how much may be taught by the school, how much by friends, how much by interwebs. Most of what I knew at 11 was from friends and a lot was incredibly wrong.
Tiktok

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
I found this article, it appears that Florida accepted lower scores on aligning with Florida's math requirement to make sure the spectre of CRT is eliminated. That's fine, it is the state's right, but I would be curious to see how egregious the other examples are. Especially in K-5 where only one publisher was accepted, with a lower rating on alignment and is a corporation that had as it's CEO VA Gov Youngkin.

I assume this mean ostracizing and beating the shit out of them?
Is that preferable?
I tried to imply in my post that I'm happy with this development. So, for me his attitude and that of his school is much preferable.

But I don't even think the toughest, most Backward White Trash JackAsses in my school (and I'd put them up against the worst BWTJA in any Indiana school on most measures) would have beaten up two gay 11 year old girls for being gay in 1982. But maybe I'm wrong.

I tried to imply in my post that I'm happy with this development. So, for me his attitude and that of his school is much preferable.

But I don't even think the toughest, most Backward White Trash JackAsses in my school (and I'd put them up against the worst BWTJA in any Indiana school on most measures) would have beaten up two gay 11 year old girls for being gay in 1982. But maybe I'm wrong.
Well, that's awesome on many fronts.

I just found out what no cap means. My daughter has been saying it to me for months and I've been acting like I've known what she's been saying this whole time like I'm the cool guy.

God, I'm getting old.

I just found out what no cap means. My daughter has been saying it to me for months and I've been acting like I've known what she's been saying this whole time like I'm the cool guy.

God, I'm getting old.
Oh that one drives me crazy! Yes! Daughter says it all the time. Means no lie I think. In one ear out the other with a few hairs standing up when says walking by

Probably sounds to us like it did my parents when I would say something was "bad" 35 years ago
Yeah, stuff like that (children trying to use language their parents didn't understand) has happened repeatedly at least as far back as the 1940's, thanks to popular musicians and Andy Hardy movies (words like "square" and "hip"), and later TV shows like Dobie Gillis/Maynard G. Krebs (using "daddy-o" and "I dig"). I'd bet Jack Kerouac, Shel Silverstein and Hunter Thompson added quite a few others.

Then, in the 1960's a guy named Marshall McLuhan got us all mixed up what "hot, "cool" and "cold" meant. However, I don't think anybody understood him, so it never caught on.

And, there was a very influential guy who (long before Michael Jackson) let us know that "bad" sometimes meant "good."
Cool-Quotes-61442-statusmind.com.jpg

"Dating" as a word was ruined 10-15 years ago.

I then remember young people, say, ages 13-15, telling us they were going on a "date" and, when they elaborated, saying what they were really doing was going separately to a mall at about the same time to hang out with 7-8 of their friends. There's no way that kind of kid had the nerve to have a real one-on-one date with just one person, going skating, for dinner, for a movie or walk in the park etc. I can't imagine this advances their social development.

Now, most of them don't drive until they are about 27, so they don't even know about backseats.

Edit to add: ... or truck beds, either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marvin the Martian
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT