ADVERTISEMENT

Merry Christmas Coolerites

SWMBO is going nuts in the kitchen as we speak. Cookies are cooling (and I've been told to leave them alone) and bread is next. No idea what she'll be doing tomorrow. I'm just staying out of the way. Monday will be the whole freaking spread with a rib roast and Yorkshires and all the sides, just for the two of us. Fvcking stoopid, but she insists. I suggested we dispense with all that this year and she got shitty. Said she didn't care what I thought, that she wasn't doing it for me, she was doing it for her, and that was that.
At least you didn’t suggest just getting a bag of sliders and calling it a day. Right?

I was going to go with Chinese.
dc9421c0fa76c5a515d6de30bcd9d5c1.gif

Congrats dude. I take it you're going to be holding down the fort while Grandma tends to more important things?

Thanks, man.

She's sleeping now.

It was a 37+ hour labor, she was there the entire time with her and didn't sleep at all she said. I had kid duty in the meantime at home, which I was totally fine with... she wanted to be there for the first grand baby.

Mom (my daughter) needs some rest as well, so I've told people no visitation today. Tomorrow will be a big day for them.

Hail the heav'n-born Prince of Peace!
Hail the Son of Righteousness!
Light and life to all He brings,
Ris'n with healing in His wings.
Mild He lays His glory by,
Born that man no more may die,
Born to raise the sons of earth,
Born to give them second birth.

Hope your holidays are filled with family, friends, faith health and peace. A universal wish.
Merry Christmas to you and all the folks here. Jesus is the reason for the season. It's not just a motto. It's real in my heart.

Reactions: Mas-sa-suta
Christmas came early this late morning.

My grandson was born. I'm in love already.
That's awesome!

A little bit nontraditional this year at my house. All three adult kids and my son-in-law are visiting. We moved up Christmas dinner to today, doing presents tomorrow, and all flying to Ecuador on Monday morning. We are going on a 10 day tour of the Galapagos Islands. Sort of a bucket list trip for me and all of us sciencey types.

Hail the heav'n-born Prince of Peace!
Hail the Son of Righteousness!
Light and life to all He brings,
Ris'n with healing in His wings.
Mild He lays His glory by,
Born that man no more may die,
Born to raise the sons of earth,
Born to give them second birth.

Hope your holidays are filled with family, friends, faith health and peace. A universal wish.
Merry Christmas, CoH. May your pronouns always be masculine in 2024.

Oh man the absolute BEST stuff!!! Army helicopters, racetracks, hot wheels tracks, tonka trucks, rc cars. Just all the super fun crap you buy a boy without a filter. Daughter awful. Sephora shit. Perfumes. Lulu crap. Miserable.

What did you get our young Gretzky?

Hockey rebounder, stick handling contraption, PS5 games, go pro camera for his budding YouTube channel.
Just got back from my FIL house for an early Christmas. They got my 2.5 yr old boy like three huge fire trucks, a toddler golf set, and a small banjo. We’re doing our own Christmas in the morning since we’re flying on Xmas day. We got him a tool set/belt, some tiny trains, and a few books so not on the level of FIL gifts.

I’m considering rewrapping one or two of my FIL gifts tonight and hoping my kid forgets.

That's awesome!

A little bit nontraditional this year at my house. All three adult kids and my son-in-law are visiting. We moved up Christmas dinner to today, doing presents tomorrow, and all flying to Ecuador on Monday morning. We are going on a 10 day tour of the Galapagos Islands. Sort of a bucket list trip for me and all of us sciencey types.
I’m going to Galapagos January 20. We’ll need to message when you get home.

Merry Christmas, CoH. May your pronouns always be masculine in 2024.
Ellos will be his pronoun, it is the masculine they. You didn't say ellos' pronouns had to be singular.

I know their is supposed to be "su" in that 2nd sentence, but it is gender neutral so I had to stick with ellos/they to stay masculine.

Reactions: BradStevens
Ellos will be his pronoun, it is the masculine they. You didn't say ellos' pronouns had to be singular.

I know their is supposed to be "su" in that 2nd sentence, but it is gender neutral so I had to stick with ellos/they to stay masculine.
I'm not hip enough to understand this post.

Reactions: Univee2
Alright time to show off. Anyone get anything good? And not babies and hugs. Gifts!!! I’ve got one more round of exchanges to salvage what’s been a bust. Despite a Santa’s sleigh going out the door what has come back my way has been VERY LEAN.

My daughter has her own real money these days. And she’s super into fashion and beauty products. So starting my last bday and carrying into today she’s been giving me these super fancy baskets (which she keeps. They are only for display she says) with toiletries inside like body washes and chapsticks and deodorant etc. shit you’d get on a target run. And she’s very proud of the “ gifts.” It’s totally puzzling.

@UncleMark did you find something good for your bride?

Last edited:
Alright time to show off. Anyone get anything good? And not babies and hugs. Gifts!!! I’ve got one more round of exchanges to salvage what’s been a bust. Despite a Santa’s sleigh going out the door what has come back my way has been VERY LEAN.

My daughter has her own real money these days. And she’s super into fashion and beauty products. So starting my last bday and carrying into today she’s been giving me these super fancy baskets (which she keeps. They are only for display she says) with toiletries inside like body washes and chapsticks and deodorant etc. shit you’d get on a target run. And she’s very proud of the gifts. It’s totally puzzling.

I got a rock.

ed7dd9b36f73e3891bc6c3560bd2e221.gif

Oh hell no. I mailed it in.

I've taken to buying her real authentic Canadian junk food, stuff you don't see down here. For her birthday last month she got Cheezies, Nanaimo bars, and Coffee Crisps.

Today she will be getting Eat-More bars, along with a gift card for Kohls to buy something for herself and one for Red Lobster. Red Lobster used to be her favorite place to go but we haven't been since the Great Recession I believe. And no, I won't be getting crab legs. I like the endless shrimp.

Totally lame. But she doesn't expect much from me, so I should be okay.

I got the gift of a great memory.

Son got Madden for a gift. He’s played at friends but never owned it. He calls me down to play him. Says he’s going to crush me. I’ve never played. He’s the Ravens, I’m the Chiefs and he is abusing me with Lamar Jackson on QB draws.

Dad is down 13 with 3 min left in the 4th and finally figures out how to pass. Mahomes to Kelce 50 yd TD. Kid gets it back drives down and lines up a 40 yd FG to salt it away. He’s doing the gritty dance in front of me. But Dad blocks the kick and returns it 60 yds for the winning TD with 30 seconds left.

Suck it, son!

I've taken to buying her real authentic Canadian junk food, stuff you don't see down here. For her birthday last month she got Cheezies, Nanaimo bars, and Coffee Crisps
those are great presents!!! thoughtful and original. love it!! you better hustle on red lobster tho. they're canceling their endless shrimp. too expensive and not enough of a loss leader.

my little minion was in the middle of playing with all of his toys and stopped, looked up, and goes "thank you dada." that'll be the memory for this xmas.

I got the gift of a great memory.

Son got Madden for a gift. He’s played at friends but never owned it. He calls me down to play him. Says he’s going to crush me. I’ve never played. He’s the Ravens, I’m the Chiefs and he is abusing me with Lamar Jackson on QB draws.

Dad is down 13 with 3 min left in the 4th and finally figures out how to pass. Mahomes to Kelce 50 yd TD. Kid gets it back drives down and lines up a 40 yd FG to salt it away. He’s doing the gritty dance in front of me. But Dad blocks the kick and returns it 60 yds for the winning TD with 30 seconds left.

Suck it, son!
oh man it does not get better than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trump's message of Peace and Joy:

• Sad
Reactions: BradStevens

My daughter has her own real money these days. And she’s super into fashion and beauty products. So starting my last bday and carrying into today she’s been giving me these super fancy baskets (which she keeps. They are only for display she says) with toiletries inside like body washes and chapsticks and deodorant etc. shit you’d get on a target run. And she’s very proud of the “ gifts.” It’s totally puzzling.

I got a promise for an Arni's pizza delivery to Charlotte. And a light IU jacket. A.nd a $25 gift card from my 94 year old mother.

Less than an average year, but the Arni's pizza gift is very thoughtful and appreciated.

those are great presents!!! thoughtful and original. love it!! you better hustle on red lobster tho. they're canceling their endless shrimp. too expensive and not enough of a loss leader.

my little minion was in the middle of playing with all of his toys and stopped, looked up, and goes "thank you dada." that'll be the memory for this xmas.
Makes it all worthwhile, doesn't it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT