ADVERTISEMENT

Merry Christmas Coolerites

I got a promise for an Arni's pizza delivery to Charlotte. And a light IU jacket. A.nd a $25 gift card from my 94 year old mother.

Less than an average year, but the Arni's pizza gift is very thoughtful and appreciated.
That’s fantastic!!!!

Reactions: DANC
I got a promise for an Arni's pizza delivery to Charlotte. And a light IU jacket. A.nd a $25 gift card from my 94 year old mother.

Less than an average year, but the Arni's pizza gift is very thoughtful and appreciated.
this is pretty funny. so one of my best buds sends me a food spread every xmas. i mean it's like having tom cruise for a buddy. has to be a couple thousand bucks of steaks and shit. my best gift every year, year after year. so last year i started working with him on his new company. this year i didn't get anything from him :) :) :)

I bet Mom thinks that's a big chunk of money, doesn't she?
No, she knows it's not much, but she buys for my 3 sisters and the grandkids and great-grandkids. She's on a pretty tight budget, but she actually has more disposable income than I think she ever had in her life. She still has her Covid money in a savings account. lol

I told her a long time ago not to buy anything for me, but of course that didn't hold very long.

Wife got me a new pair of dunks and a heated vest. My daughter tried to it and said it worked well. They said it just charges using a USB cable.... pretty cool.

Also got some gift cards and a new putting green/return ball thing plus a couple sleeves of Titleist balls.

Definitely can't complain.

On an unrelated note, my middle child got a ancestry kit, which she's super excited about. I'm convinced she wants proof we're not related. She said this could be her out. 😄 I love this kid.

Wife got me a new pair of dunks and a heated vest. My daughter tried to it and said it worked well. They said it just charges using a USB cable.... pretty cool.

Also got some gift cards and a new putting green/return ball thing plus a couple sleeves of Titleist balls.

Definitely can't complain.

On an unrelated note, my middle child got a ancestry kit, which she's super excited about. I'm convinced she wants proof we're not related. She said this could be her out. 😄 I love this kid.
Sounds like a cool kid. Have you seen your grandson much?

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
what does your husband like?

Nttawwtoc
You callin' Steve McQueen a woman?

cincicard-crop.jpg

Paul Newman?

shawl-collar-cardigan2-500x333.jpg

James Bond?

shawl-collar-cardigan-500x248.jpg

Starsky?????

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F4b5ca9d8-eac1-4e12-b501-6dac73c6ebe5.jpg

'ems fightin' words. :)

On another note, MTIOTF, you hear this comic Nate Bargatze? He's from Tennessee but does a good bit on a wedding he went to outside Louisville:

Last edited:
Sounds like a cool kid. Have you seen your grandson much?

I got to see the little guy yesterday.

He's already got me wrapped around his little finger.

My daughter called just a little bit ago and said that they told her they weren't leaving until Wednesday (were originally told they were leaving today), so my wife has headed up there to see what's going on because as you can expect, she's pretty upset. We'll have to wait a couple more days to do Christmas with them.

I got to see the little guy yesterday.

He's already got me wrapped around his little finger.

My daughter called just a little bit ago and said that they told her they weren't leaving until Wednesday (were originally told they were leaving today), so my wife has headed up there to see what's going on because as you can expect, she's pretty upset. We'll have to wait a couple more days to do Christmas with them.
Probably just being extra cautious, with RSV going around. It's pretty scary for the family when those little ones get sick. Not saying your son is sick, but there may be others in the hospital who have symptoms.

My own grandchildren were in the NICU for a day or two, due to them swallowing ambiotic fluid and having trouble breathing.

I'm sure your grandson is in good hands.

Reactions: BradStevens
Probably just being extra cautious, with RSV going around. It's pretty scary for the family when those little ones get sick. Not saying your son is sick, but there may be others in the hospital who have symptoms.

My own grandchildren were in the NICU for a day or two, due to them swallowing ambiotic fluid and having trouble breathing.

I'm sure your grandson is in good hands.

Yeah, that's what I said, but she's upset because it wasn't relayed until the morning that she wasn't leaving and has to miss our Christmas has her down a bit.

I can understand her being upset. She has her mom there to comfort her for a bit, which always makes things better.

Reactions: DANC
Yeah, that's what I said, but she's upset because it wasn't relayed until the morning that she wasn't leaving and has to miss our Christmas has her down a bit.

I can understand her being upset. She has her mom there to comfort her for a bit, which always makes things better.
Totally understandable.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
I got the gift of a great memory.

Son got Madden for a gift. He’s played at friends but never owned it. He calls me down to play him. Says he’s going to crush me. I’ve never played. He’s the Ravens, I’m the Chiefs and he is abusing me with Lamar Jackson on QB draws.

Dad is down 13 with 3 min left in the 4th and finally figures out how to pass. Mahomes to Kelce 50 yd TD. Kid gets it back drives down and lines up a 40 yd FG to salt it away. He’s doing the gritty dance in front of me. But Dad blocks the kick and returns it 60 yds for the winning TD with 30 seconds left.

Suck it, son!
When I was wee, my parents bought a SNES for Xmas, which we opened a day early, and Dad took us to Toys'R'Us on Xmas Eve to go game shopping. One of the games we bought was the original John Madden Football. I have fond memories of playing that against him. We had a hat on top of the TV with each team written down on a piece of paper (all 28 of them!), and that's how we drew teams.

Anyway, point is, enjoy those moments. Your son will remember them.

When I was wee, my parents bought a SNES for Xmas, which we opened a day early, and Dad took us to Toys'R'Us on Xmas Eve to go game shopping. One of the games we bought was the original John Madden Football. I have fond memories of playing that against him. We had a hat on top of the TV with each team written down on a piece of paper (all 28 of them!), and that's how we drew teams.

Anyway, point is, enjoy those moments. Your son will remember them.
That’s the perfect Xmas for an entire generation. Games weren’t cheap then either

I got the gift of a great memory.

Son got Madden for a gift. He’s played at friends but never owned it. He calls me down to play him. Says he’s going to crush me. I’ve never played. He’s the Ravens, I’m the Chiefs and he is abusing me with Lamar Jackson on QB draws.

Dad is down 13 with 3 min left in the 4th and finally figures out how to pass. Mahomes to Kelce 50 yd TD. Kid gets it back drives down and lines up a 40 yd FG to salt it away. He’s doing the gritty dance in front of me. But Dad blocks the kick and returns it 60 yds for the winning TD with 30 seconds left.

Suck it, son!
Did you tell him to squirt a few?

An Ancestry.com test kit was one of my home runs for the boss. She dove in with both feet and has built out her tree going back to the 1700s in Canada, the colonies, and England. She has also found out that she has relatives no one knew about, or at least no one talked about. She knew her dad was a player, but didn't have proof until now.

Last edited:
An Ancestry.com test kit was one of my home runs for the boss. She dove in with both feet and has built out her tree going back to the 1700s in Canada, the colonies, and England. She has also found out that she has relatives no one knew about, or at least no one talked about. She knew her dad was a player, but didn't have proof until now.
I got contacted by my cousin's illegitimate son a while back. That was a surprise to me, because I already knew he had knocked up another girl, but he married her. This kid's mom was pregnant by him at the SAME TIME.

Playa!

That means my itinerary for Feral Week is decadent and depraved. I use this special time of year to get back in touch with my worst, baseline indulgences, and I encourage you to do the same. I might play video games in my pajamas from sunup to sundown without absorbing a single ray of natural light. Or maybe I’ll read an entire book while soaking in the bath and sipping on a double gin-and-tonic. Perhaps I’ll even eat an enormous weed gummy and slip into a wondrous, nonverbal stupor—digging my fingers into the couch cushions to avoid floating out of Earth’s gravitational pull—while watching, I don’t know, Hader-era SNL highlights on YouTube for hours on end. Of course, all of these degeneracies will be paired with the exact same carne asada burrito—extra guacamole, add sour cream—that I intend to order daily from the counter-service Mexican restaurant down the street. The world is your oyster, baby. Feral Week means never having to say you’re sorry.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT