ADVERTISEMENT

What will we look like next year without Trace and Race?

Durr and Duncomb at the 5. Geronimo and Kopp can both give minutes at the 4 (assuming Kopp returns). Plus a 4 star rated pf incoming freshman right? I think we are fine.

Every time a good player or two leaves people claim we are screwed. It will be a different team for sure but I envision some combination of Lander, Bates, or Geronimo stepping up and crushing it.

i wonder if Noah Clowney will go thru a bit of buyers remorse.
bama's guards throw up a lot of outside shots without their bigs touching the ball

Race has another year of eligibility left if I’m not mistaken. I would think it’s possible he uses it. Happy to hear why I’m wrong.

• Wow
Reactions: Cavanagh
I was told two stories last year.After the games at Southport..
Duncomb can play..He's equal to Furst.
Duncomb is a project..
Looks like the second is true..
Have to get a couple portal guys ..That are capable of 14 & 8 ..
I can't see Race sticking around..
So imo..Bigs are a must...I'm sure the coaching staff know's this though ..

I was told two stories last year.After the games at Southport..
Duncomb can play..He's equal to Furst.
Duncomb is a project..
Looks like the second is true..
Have to get a couple portal guys ..That are capable of 14 & 8 ..
I can't see Race sticking around..
So imo..Bigs are a must...I'm sure the coaching staff know's this though ..
very few players can average 8 rebounds per game. How about 12 and 5?

Reactions: Hatchets7times
It was painful watching the Purdue/UNC game yesterday, just thinking what Dawson Garcia would look like this year wearing candy stripes. And what this team would look like with him on the court.Best front line in the nation perhaps

It was painful watching the Purdue/UNC game yesterday, just thinking what Dawson Garcia would look like this year wearing candy stripes. And what this team would look like with him on the court.Best front line in the nation perhaps

I didn't see any of the game was traveling, how did Williams get 20 points in 13 mins?

And four or five years from now ALL of the players will be gone!😧😦😧😮
la285zf.gif

Reactions: T.M.P.
After we win banner #6 this year, im sure IU will get a lot more interest from bigs in the portal!

Pretty difficult to accurately project with the transfer portal available to everyone.
We are already talking about next year? I am going to enjoy this year first. Pretty sure we can get bigs in the transfer portal. If we have a good year we should be able to het some good bigs imo.

I didn't see any of the game was traveling, how did Williams get 20 points in 13 mins?

Watch the last 6:42. He comes in at the 6:36 mark and gets half of them to close out the game. He just big-man, bullied UNC (including Garcia til he fouled out).

The above also shows the reason Edey didn't play after that either :) He just can't close out on the perimeter like TW was able to do (against Nova).

But you put these guys together on Offense/Defense like Painter did against Nova and they combine to be the ultimate big man.

Reactions: Cavanagh
Watch the last 6:42. He comes in at the 6:36 mark and gets half of them to close out the game. He just big-man, bullied UNC (including Garcia til he fouled out).

The above also shows the reason Edey didn't play after that either :) He just can't close out on the perimeter like TW was able to do (against Nova).

But you put these guys together on Offense/Defense like Painter did against Nova and they combine to be the ultimate big man.
Thanks! You know it is gonna make it that much sweeter when PU inevitably shits the bed in March? :).

Reactions: hookyIU1990
It's easy answers, most obviously like shit in conference. But we could be a lot of options if we want to go small, it might be much better than either I or you could normally be imagined, still the recruiting wins need to continue

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT