ADVERTISEMENT

Woodson should be on the hot seat next year.

he just lost 3 players that were rated higher out of high school than most of the starters in the final 4, everyone can bitch and moan about the 3 of thems short comings which is fine., all 3 sat behind more talented players the last 2 or 3 years in Jordans case, this should have been the time for them to step up with all kinds of playing time available.

what we consider big time programs may lose 3 or 4 guys to the portal but 90 percent of those players averaged about 2 points a game and were clearly over their heads, Duncomb is the only one that may fit that description, but he was basically sick or injured the whole time he was here, so who knows about him

If we don't make the tournament next year Woodson needs to go, a 12 and 20 season next year will basically dry up recruiting for him. hope he proves me wrong but as a betting man I'd put us making the tournament next year at about 20 percent.

and there are way too many advantages at IU to accept a 500 record in the big 10 and making the tournament as a successful season. most of you do but I don't. time will tell maybe he kills it in the portal, and we make a sweet 16 next year. I would be shocked if that happens and will gladly admit I was wrong

this year was a major disappointment, and I'm not talking about the tournament. That happens it's a crap shoot. Kansas has lost as a 1 seed 5 times in the last 20 years without making the sweet 16, the thing is they are a 1 or 2 seed every year. With the experience we had this year and the depth starting the season 10 double digit losses should be unacceptable

we beat Purdue twice. who really gives a shit? that would be something Purdue would brag about 30 years ago while we were winning the big 10 every year Mich st looked like shit when we beat them in early January, they very easily could be in the the final 4 with one of Izzo's weakest rosters in years , they are adding 2 McDonalds aa's

someone tell me what we have to be excited about, Ball States center 2 recruits rated in the 120s. ?
Hold on, let this transfer season play out. IU is one of very few power 5 teams to have already landed a transfer and have a number of good candidates lined up to be interviewed. Frankly, I don’t give a crap what the kid was ranked out of high school what matters is what he can do at the college level. Bates, Geronimo, and Duncomb didn’t look all that impressive and 2 of those guys had numerous opportunities to showcase their talents.

IU will have X back, I’m confident about that, and I think the remaining freshmen all will show significant improvement and all will be better than the 3 we lost to the portal. Again, let this transfer season play out and let’s see what we have by the end of the summer.

X doesn't go down this year is different. Let's see who Woody brings in. It's obvious we need more athletic guards. It's also obvious we need to recruit the state harder for those guards.
guards and wings. We could use a couple Christian Watfords. Or maybe just one Calbert.

Today is a big day...the staff is meeting with a couple high target portal guys. Snagging even one will produce upward trajectory next yr. We really have little idea of what next yr's team is going to look at right now, so no need to start talking about coaches on hot seats. But one thing is certain- next year's team will be CMW's team. No excuses for CAM players still on the team. It will be a a team compiled solely of Woody's choices.

I said last summer that one of the keys to this past season was to stay healthy. That didn't happen and it had a big impact on the overall season.

And you would have been OK with those guys getting time if it led to more L's?

I do agree that in the BAD losses IU had there wasn't much reason not to get them more time when it was obvious the games were over.
I just wish Gunn had seen more PT. Banks did find his way to the court periodically throughout the season and at times looked very promising. Reneau was in the rotation and by the end was better at not fouling. Frankly, I can see IU having a completely new starting lineup next year than what we saw finish this season. Right now I’d say just X & Reneau are likely starting next year. Galloway maybe, but it depends on whether Woodson lands one of the transfers he’s looking at. Trey at the very least will be our 6th man, which I always liked him in that role.

I just wish Gunn had seen more PT. Banks did find his way to the court periodically throughout the season and at times looked very promising. Reneau was in the rotation and by the end was better at not fouling. Frankly, I can see IU having a completely new starting lineup next year than what we saw finish this season. Right now I’d say just X & Reneau are likely starting next year. Galloway maybe, but it depends on whether Woodson lands one of the transfers he’s looking at. Trey at the very least will be our 6th man, which I always liked him in that role.
Gunn didn't play more because he was utterly terrible when he did play against teams with a pulse.

I like the kid a lot. He has huge, huge upside, but Woody could not play Gunn this past season in games that mattered. He tried in a few games and Gunn was awful.

Reactions: Lucy01 and T.M.P.
X doesn't go down this year is different. Let's see who Woody brings in. It's obvious we need more athletic guards. It's also obvious we need to recruit the state harder for those guards.
You’re right about X. Last season, when X was the PG throughout the regular season, IU had less double digit losses and no losses of 20+. Even though they had more total losses they were more competitive - one reason was X was a better defender, which made the overall defense better. Surround him with some experienced, good portal players, plus improved underclassmen and we might be okay next season.

Hold on, let this transfer season play out. IU is one of very few power 5 teams to have already landed a transfer and have a number of good candidates lined up to be interviewed. Frankly, I don’t give a crap what the kid was ranked out of high school what matters is what he can do at the college level. Bates, Geronimo, and Duncomb didn’t look all that impressive and 2 of those guys had numerous opportunities to showcase their talents.

IU will have X back, I’m confident about that, and I think the remaining freshmen all will show significant improvement and all will be better than the 3 we lost to the portal. Again, let this transfer season play out and let’s see what we have by the end of the summer.
Exactly, I like what I am seeing so far with Woodson. Picking up the Ball State Kid. Sounds like we have a chance at getting Love from NC and the Ledlum from Harvard. Those are quality players.

If Galloway starts we are in trouble.

Why? So he could go 0-30 from 3? Race hit more in his final game. He will get his chance.

Reactions: plaxico80
I think they transferred because they became disenchanted with their own development. now is that on them the coaches or a combination of both, time will tell
If you can't hit one shot out of 13 in 2 games, maybe it's you that is the fault for underdevelopment.

If Galloway starts we are in trouble.
I've been as hard on Galloway as anybody since he landed in Bloomington.

He played damn good basketball for IU this past season. Sure, he wasn't perfect but Galloway, overall, was really really good.

Trey fixed his jumper. He needs to continue working at perfecting his shot but more than anything, Galloway needs to work on his ball handling. Galloway is not confident using his left hand when dribbling. If Trey improves his left hand and ball handling as much as he improved his jump shot, Galloway could be a very good starter next year for IU.

He played damn good basketball for IU this past season. Sure, he wasn't perfect but Galloway, overall, was really really good.

Trey fixed his jumper. He needs to continue working at perfecting his shot but more than anything, Galloway needs to work on his ball handling. Galloway is not confident using his left hand when dribbling. If Trey improves his left hand and ball handling as much as he improved his jump shot, Galloway could be a very good starter next year for IU.
I assume as HOFer you're usually on the premium board? Why you slumming with us cheapskates??? I'm having a hard time taking anything you type seriously with that horrific picture.

• Haha

If Galloway starts, we are in trouble. He isn't a consistent scorer. We need consistent scorers that start and can get there own shot and make them.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
I assume as HOFer you're usually on the premium board? Why you slumming with us cheapskates??? I'm having a hard time taking anything you type seriously with that horrific picture.
I didn't know we were supposed to stay on only one board, sorry.

Oh and I hate Cadet Bone Spurs as much as any human on the planet.

I love this photo because it looks like he's at death's door. Lots of folks on the Premie love Bone Spurs.

Reactions: BCCHoosier

I love this photo because it looks like he's at death's door. Lots of folks on the Premie love Bone Spurs.
that door can't open soon enough, just hope the idiots don't run to donnie coke head to replace him.

If Galloway starts, we are in trouble. He isn't a consistent scorer. We need consistent scorers that start and can get there own shot and make them.
Galloway improves over the summer like he did over last summer he's going to be an outstanding player for IU and I'll be surprised if he doesn't start. He'll get starter like minutes if he comes off the bench. Mark it down.

Galloway improves over the summer like he did over last summer he's going to be an outstanding player for IU and I'll be surprised if he doesn't start. He'll get starter like minutes if he comes off the bench. Mark it down.
Teams that advance in the tournament have players who can create their own shot and make them.

Give me a lineup of X, C Love, Ledlum from Harvard, Reneau, and Shedrick with Battle, Galloway, Banks, and Sparks coming off the bench

Reactions: scottm72
Gunn didn't play more because he was utterly terrible when he did play against teams with a pulse.

I like the kid a lot. He has huge, huge upside, but Woody could not play Gunn this past season in games that mattered. He tried in a few games and Gunn was awful.
I don't know about awful... on offense yes, and I thought he was pressing and trying to force shot attempts, but on defense I thought he looked much more active and aware than the normal freshman and not lost. I hope he gets his shooting stroke back on track and that he also works on his driving and mid range game for the nights when the shots aren't falling!

Teams that advance in the tournament have players who can create their own shot and make them.

Give me a lineup of X, C Love, Ledlum from Harvard, Reneau, and Shedrick with Battle, Galloway, Banks, and Sparks coming off the bench
So basically if we get every top ranked portal player that we're pursuing or is out there? Yeah, good plan! Just give me a lineup of the top 5-8 recruits every year too while we're at it!

And, hard pass on Caleb Love. Very, very few UNC fans are sad to see him go. Having watched quite a few of their games, I understand why. Guy was continually hoisting tough shots, regardless of shot clock or game situation. I think we're better off with him being someone else's problem, despite obvious athletic gifts.

Yeah. We don't want a guy that led his team to the Final 4. We should have kept the guy that shot 0-13 in the NCAA.
I guess you didn't watch basketball this year? At least the guy who shot 0-13 did it on a team that made the NCAA. I live in NC and as I said, I know damn few UNC fans who are sad to see him go!

So basically if we get every top ranked portal player that we're pursuing or is out there? Yeah, good plan! Just give me a lineup of the top 5-8 recruits every year too while we're at it!

And, hard pass on Caleb Love. Very, very few UNC fans are sad to see him go. Having watched quite a few of their games, I understand why. Guy was continually hoisting tough shots, regardless of shot clock or game situation. I think we're better off with him being someone else's problem, despite obvious athletic gifts.
Actually, we are not doing well with Timberlake. He is a top player. We have had good visits with the others. Ledlum only has 1 on campus visit scheduled an it's with us. We have had an in home with Battle and expect c ampus visit with him. Caleb Love's father likes IU. Virtual visit yesterday with Shedrick and our coaches knew he was going in portal before he did. It's not that much of a reach.

I guess you didn't watch basketball this year? At least the guy who shot 0-13 did it on a team that made the NCAA. I live in NC and as I said, I know damn few UNC fans who are sad to see him go!
We'll see how they like their team next year with a bunch of transfers.

We'll see how they like their team next year with a bunch of transfers.
And you think it will be worse than this year? I think Love is a great athlete and could be a great player, but he appeared to me to be the main problem with their team this year and most Carolina fans I know agree.

You need to explain it in a way they'll understand .. like ..

He's a combination of Bracey Wright and Devonte Green ... that was given a full green light.

Not that RJ was any better this year. That team had obvious chemistry problems. Love has the whole skills package, but the IQ is just not there. He would require extensive management ... not sure he would be worth the effort.

I don't know about awful... on offense yes, and I thought he was pressing and trying to force shot attempts, but on defense I thought he looked much more active and aware than the normal freshman and not lost. I hope he gets his shooting stroke back on track and that he also works on his driving and mid range game for the nights when the shots aren't falling!
The dude was billed as a shooter and shot 8% from 3 point range. Against teams with a pulse, Gunn was not good at all. Not totally his fault but CJ Gunn needs to hit the gym hard. He’s got serious hops and upside, but he’s very spindly. There aren’t many kids that look like CJ Gunn playing in the tourney and that tells me CJ needs to get far stronger before he will be a major contributor at IU.

Again, I think Gunn is a major part of IU’s future but he has one whole helluva lot he has to fix before that happens, starting with a serious strength training regimen.

don't be sorry... I appreciate anyone willing to get their hands dirty in the grime of a free board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT