ADVERTISEMENT

Woodson should be on the hot seat next year.

he just lost 3 players that were rated higher out of high school than most of the starters in the final 4, everyone can bitch and moan about the 3 of thems short comings which is fine., all 3 sat behind more talented players the last 2 or 3 years in Jordans case, this should have been the time for them to step up with all kinds of playing time available.

what we consider big time programs may lose 3 or 4 guys to the portal but 90 percent of those players averaged about 2 points a game and were clearly over their heads, Duncomb is the only one that may fit that description, but he was basically sick or injured the whole time he was here, so who knows about him

If we don't make the tournament next year Woodson needs to go, a 12 and 20 season next year will basically dry up recruiting for him. hope he proves me wrong but as a betting man I'd put us making the tournament next year at about 20 percent.

and there are way too many advantages at IU to accept a 500 record in the big 10 and making the tournament as a successful season. most of you do but I don't. time will tell maybe he kills it in the portal, and we make a sweet 16 next year. I would be shocked if that happens and will gladly admit I was wrong

this year was a major disappointment, and I'm not talking about the tournament. That happens it's a crap shoot. Kansas has lost as a 1 seed 5 times in the last 20 years without making the sweet 16, the thing is they are a 1 or 2 seed every year. With the experience we had this year and the depth starting the season 10 double digit losses should be unacceptable

we beat Purdue twice. who really gives a shit? that would be something Purdue would brag about 30 years ago while we were winning the big 10 every year Mich st looked like shit when we beat them in early January, they very easily could be in the the final 4 with one of Izzo's weakest rosters in years , they are adding 2 McDonalds aa's

someone tell me what we have to be excited about, Ball States center 2 recruits rated in the 120s. ?
Are you high? Honestly, none of those are surprising given the circumstances. Bates is probably the only one that should've been an IU player in nhe first place. He needs to get closer to his kid. Understandable. IMO, Woody did outstanding after losing a PG and not having a bench.

I've been as hard on Galloway as anybody since he landed in Bloomington.

He played damn good basketball for IU this past season. Sure, he wasn't perfect but Galloway, overall, was really really good.

Trey fixed his jumper. He needs to continue working at perfecting his shot but more than anything, Galloway needs to work on his ball handling. Galloway is not confident using his left hand when dribbling. If Trey improves his left hand and ball handling as much as he improved his jump shot, Galloway could be a very good starter next year for IU.
He was also doing things(more than one) not one person on this board thought he could or would do. He literally played out of position all year.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
The dude was billed as a shooter and shot 8% from 3 point range. Against teams with a pulse, Gunn was not good at all. Not totally his fault but CJ Gunn needs to hit the gym hard. He’s got serious hops and upside, but he’s very spindly. There aren’t many kids that look like CJ Gunn playing in the tourney and that tells me CJ needs to get far stronger before he will be a major contributor at IU.

Again, I think Gunn is a major part of IU’s future but he has one whole helluva lot he has to fix before that happens, starting with a serious strength training regimen.
He was only billed as a "shooter" by the fans here. I'm not a recruitnik but I don't think there was anything that made you believe he was going to be a lights out shooter, other than hopes on here. Think he was a 30 something % 3 pt shooter in HS. Same thing happened with Leal. Wishes become hopes on here and somewhere that transforms to expectations for our fans, and then disappointment. I didn't expect him to shoot 10% on 3s, but never expected he was going to come in and be an assassin. I just liked the awareness and hustle he showed on D. Most freshmen look lost on D in college and he looked good. Yes, the offense kept him off the floor and I don't know why he kept putting up 3s and didn't start to look for hustle baskets.

I've been as hard on Galloway as anybody since he landed in Bloomington.

He played damn good basketball for IU this past season. Sure, he wasn't perfect but Galloway, overall, was really really good.

Trey fixed his jumper. He needs to continue working at perfecting his shot but more than anything, Galloway needs to work on his ball handling. Galloway is not confident using his left hand when dribbling. If Trey improves his left hand and ball handling as much as he improved his jump shot, Galloway could be a very good starter next year for IU.
I'd still use him off the bench..At almost starters min..
We can bang on Trey for this or that.But he brings a bunch of positives when he's on the floor..

Geronimo left because he was upset over lack of playing time, when healthy. Frustrations mount internally until you pout externally. We all witnessed it.

Bates left to be closer to his newly born son. His fatherhood was ill-timed, as if transitioning from the familiarity of home to distant college wasn’t stressful enough. He missed his son and priorities change until it became a distraction to his game. You don’t need a PhD in Psychology to figure this one out.

So basically if we get every top ranked portal player that we're pursuing or is out there? Yeah, good plan! Just give me a lineup of the top 5-8 recruits every year too while we're at it!

And, hard pass on Caleb Love. Very, very few UNC fans are sad to see him go. Having watched quite a few of their games, I understand why. Guy was continually hoisting tough shots, regardless of shot clock or game situation. I think we're better off with him being someone else's problem, despite obvious athletic gifts.
I'm not a fan of Love's game at UNC either. If he comes to IU it's because Coach thinks he can make him play under control with X as the PG.

You need to explain it in a way they'll understand .. like ..

He's a combination of Bracey Wright and Devonte Green ... that was given a full green light.

Not that RJ was any better this year. That team had obvious chemistry problems. Love has the whole skills package, but the IQ is just not there. He would require extensive management ... not sure he would be worth the effort.
Yeah, Hubert seems like a nice guy and I've actually found myself rooting for him more than I'd have expected, but the way this team continued to play while struggling is head-scratching and calls his coaching into question.

I'm not a fan of Love's game at UNC either. If he comes to IU it's because Coach thinks he can make him play under control with X as the PG.
Well, that would certainly be a dynamic backcourt athletically and the type that could get you to an NCAA tourney, or a prescription for an anti-depressent! After watching Love continually hoist bad shots with a player underneath nearly as dominant as TJD, it would be hard for me to believe he's going to be our savior.

Reactions: MrBing
I guess you didn't watch basketball this year? At least the guy who shot 0-13 did it on a team that made the NCAA. I live in NC and as I said, I know damn few UNC fans who are sad to see him go!
Because TJD and JHS carried his butt there.

The portal process is just starting and CMW is on the hot seat? A bit premature, don’t you think?

Give the man a chance to at least establish a roster and then decide whether it is incapable of making the tournament next year. We may all be surprised by what he assembles.

This is the new norm under life with the portal.

Because TJD and JHS carried his butt there.
true, but my real point was that Love did not carry his teammates butt's there; don't you find that odd or concerning? I mean, they returned 80% of their starters and scoring. Manek I think was a huge presence in the locker room and team and they've been underwhelming without him.

true, but my real point was that Love did not carry his teammates butt's there; don't you find that odd or concerning? I mean, they returned 80% of their starters and scoring. Manek I think was a huge presence in the locker room and team and they've been underwhelming without him.
Bacot had a bad year also with injuries.

he just lost 3 players that were rated higher out of high school than most of the starters in the final 4, everyone can bitch and moan about the 3 of thems short comings which is fine., all 3 sat behind more talented players the last 2 or 3 years in Jordans case, this should have been the time for them to step up with all kinds of playing time available.

what we consider big time programs may lose 3 or 4 guys to the portal but 90 percent of those players averaged about 2 points a game and were clearly over their heads, Duncomb is the only one that may fit that description, but he was basically sick or injured the whole time he was here, so who knows about him

If we don't make the tournament next year Woodson needs to go, a 12 and 20 season next year will basically dry up recruiting for him. hope he proves me wrong but as a betting man I'd put us making the tournament next year at about 20 percent.

and there are way too many advantages at IU to accept a 500 record in the big 10 and making the tournament as a successful season. most of you do but I don't. time will tell maybe he kills it in the portal, and we make a sweet 16 next year. I would be shocked if that happens and will gladly admit I was wrong

this year was a major disappointment, and I'm not talking about the tournament. That happens it's a crap shoot. Kansas has lost as a 1 seed 5 times in the last 20 years without making the sweet 16, the thing is they are a 1 or 2 seed every year. With the experience we had this year and the depth starting the season 10 double digit losses should be unacceptable

we beat Purdue twice. who really gives a shit? that would be something Purdue would brag about 30 years ago while we were winning the big 10 every year Mich st looked like shit when we beat them in early January, they very easily could be in the the final 4 with one of Izzo's weakest rosters in years , they are adding 2 McDonalds aa's

someone tell me what we have to be excited about, Ball States center 2 recruits rated in the 120s. ?
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, You are so negative it is not worth the effort for me to convince you to be excited.

And you would have been OK with those guys getting time if it led to more L's?

I do agree that in the BAD losses IU had there wasn't much reason not to get them more time when it was obvious the games were over.
Of course he wouldn’t. ;)

Your post sounded ridiculous when you posted it and it has gotten even more ridiculous every day since then.

lmao ...........

lmao ...........
Uk had a team with way more talent than we will have next year that went 9-16, next year will be interesting. Woodson done a helluva job reconstructing the roster this off season even if we don't add anyone else. Ware and Mgbako all though 5 stars still have to prove it on the court. Ware looked talented but lazy at Oregon and couldn't crack the starting lineup on a below average team. Mgbako left Duke because of competition and went scoreless in the Mcdonalds AA game. could both average 15 next year and be lottery picks very possible. could both disappoint also possible. can Woodson build this roster into a team, or could we have a bunch of talented individuals with their own agendas? last year overall was a disappointment I stand by that. This year will be pivotal for Woodson, and I hope we truly are on our way back to national prominence. winning a major recruiting battle is a good start. hope we see it on the court.

Yep. Bye Felicia. He scurries around the Purdoo board. I saw a couple posts from him when I clicked a link to their board. He’s probably more at home there…
He appears to live there...He is the IU version of Ordfan/Jackskip23 only honest about who he is.

Uk had a team with way more talent than we will have next year that went 9-16, next year will be interesting. Woodson done a helluva job reconstructing the roster this off season even if we don't add anyone else. Ware and Mgbako all though 5 stars still have to prove it on the court. Ware looked talented but lazy at Oregon and couldn't crack the starting lineup on a below average team. Mgbako left Duke because of competition and went scoreless in the Mcdonalds AA game. could both average 15 next year and be lottery picks very possible. could both disappoint also possible. can Woodson build this roster into a team, or could we have a bunch of talented individuals with their own agendas? last year overall was a disappointment I stand by that. This year will be pivotal for Woodson, and I hope we truly are on our way back to national prominence. winning a major recruiting battle is a good start. hope we see it on the court.

Your original post was ridiculous because you spoke too soon. The portal had only been open a couple weeks.

And the season was not a disappointment when you only had 2 players who would start on another B10 team — with no real bench to speak of. Certainly, Bates and Geronimo were disappointing, but considering what Woody had to work with, they probably overachieved.

Your original post was ridiculous because you spoke too soon. The portal had only been open a couple weeks.

And the season was not a disappointment when you only had 2 players who would start on another B10 team — with no real bench to speak of. Certainly, Bates and Geronimo were disappointing, but considering what Woody had to work with, they probably overachieved.
More than two.

Trey and Race would have started on several teams. Kopp on a couple more.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
If Trey were on another team, all we'd hear is IU needs players like that. I understand him being a bench player on this past season's team had X not got hurt but X got hurt. This year's team will be much younger and his experience is invaluable. Then there is the team needs 3 point shooting. I realize he wasn't in the plan to be a 3 point shooter so not a lot of volume but he was 30 for 65 and 46%. Some of those 3's were in important moments of games. I bet that he is working on that shot even more. If he gets beat out then great. That will make team much better but until then he should be the starter. Actually, he might be perfect complement to X who can be a bit of a loose cannon at times. Will he get 5th year option due to COVID?

no it wasn't I stand by it. 2 1st round draft picks

What a person puts on social media never completely goes away.
I guess it's all about what your expectations are. do you want to be Iowa or Duke? original post still is valid. if we have a great season and Ware and Mgambo play to everyone's expectations, Woodson will have us in great shape going forward. recruiting wise and using the portal, if not things can go south quickly. time will tell.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Lucy01
I guess it's all about what your expectations are. do you want to be Iowa or Duke? original post still is valid. if we have a great season and Ware and Mgambo play to everyone's expectations, Woodson will have us in great shape going forward. recruiting wise and using the portal, if not things can go south quickly. time will tell.
Damn Kurt we missed your insight

Woodson has iu in great shape. The original post isn’t valid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT