ADVERTISEMENT

Too many haters here

Nope, I want IU to be great again. You and IndyRes are pumpers. You know it, I know it. But neither of you are truly IU fans, since being elite doesn’t matter to you. You are, however, incredibly unintelligent.

And for the record, conceding that Archie is already a failure after 2 years with no chance of improving isn't criticism. It's nothing more than an opinion. I have no problem with those who are critical of Archie's coaching tactics but to see he can't or won't ever get better past the age of 40 is lunacy. That isn't being critical, that is being obtuse. There is a difference. You and FPeaugh are in a league of your own.

Reactions: hondo314
How in the world is IU ever going to be great again if they shuffle through 4 or 5 coaches in a 20 year period. Shortened answer is; it's never going to happen. Villanova and Virginia didn't get to where they were at after 2 years. Neither did Duke, neither did Michigan State, neither did a lot of the schools who are now more prestigious than IU.
Where did I say they should do that? Your argument falls apart every time you make stuff up. I realize you have no other recourse, however. But that’s have no doubt you made the same argument about retaining Crean.

And for the record, conceding that Archie is already a failure after 2 years with no chance of improving isn't criticism. It's nothing more than an opinion. I have no problem with those who are critical of Archie's coaching tactics but to see he can't or won't ever get better past the age of 40 is lunacy. That isn't being critical, that is being obtuse. There is a difference. You and FPeaugh are in a league of your own.
And yet again, you attribute things to me that I’ve never said. It’s a common tactic of the ignorant, which you obviously are. Mediocrity is your comfort food. Go get another plate.

Where did I say they should do that? Your argument falls apart every time you make stuff up. I realize you have no other recourse, however. But that’s have no doubt you made the same argument about retaining Crean.

I never made any argument about Crean because I didn't post here when Crean was the coach. And he should have been gone after the 13-14 season with Vonleh.

I never made any argument about Crean because I didn't post here when Crean was the coach. And he should have been gone after the 13-14 season with Vonleh.
Since you’re so willing to make up things and attribute them to me, there’s no reason to believe any of what you say about Crean. Like I said, mediocrity is your comfort food, and the buffet never closes. Enjoy!

Since you’re so willing to make up things and attribute them to me, there’s no reason to believe any of what you say about Crean. Like I said, mediocrity is your comfort food, and the buffet never closes. Enjoy!

Says the person with the least amount of credibility here. Go figure.

ya, giving a coach who did what Archie did at Dayton more than 2 years before losing your shit is really lapping up mediocrity. beyond dumb.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Says the person with the least amount of credibility here. Go figure.
Yet you’re the one who makes things up, as you undoubtedly know. Your posts make it obvious you know little of the history of IU basketball, and it’s equally obvious you’ve never seen the program as an elite one. Your credibility is zero, troll, but you’re certainly in the majority here.

ya, giving a coach who did what Archie did at Dayton more than 2 years before losing your shit is really lapping up mediocrity. beyond dumb.
Who claimed he shouldn’t have more than two years? You get dumber with every post. Ever wonder why you and the pumpers always have to make stuff up to advance your arguments? Doesn’t it ever occur to you that you’re immediately invalidated when you do that? It’s no different than when you posted about the NCAA and KU. You had no idea what you were talking about so you simply made something up, then tried to backfill rather than admit you were FOS. Doesn’t it get old doing that?

Who claimed he shouldn’t have more than two years? You get dumber with every post. Ever wonder why you and the pumpers always have to make stuff up to advance your arguments? Doesn’t it ever occur to you that you’re immediately invalidated when you do that? It’s no different than when you posted about the NCAA and KU. You had no idea what you were talking about so you simply made something up, then tried to backfill rather than admit you were FOS. Doesn’t it get old doing that?

duuuuuumb

“Crean was downtrending, especially recruiting where he lost all kinds of momentum.

Surprise...we had a roster issue that we have to work through.

And good lord we didn't go 3-15 and finish in last for three years. We missed the tourney by one damn win in season 2.”

I will agree that injuries were one reason that we underperformed on the year. I think it’s also very likely that had we won one more game we made the tourney.

It’s all pretty simple IMO. We packed it in for 12/13 games and that cost us the tourney. Had we lost 11 of 13 games we are in. Did we lose 12 of 13 due to injuries?

I’ll say no.

Now, I am not saying injuries weren’t a factor, rather that there was a greater cause, and that had our team played just ok during that span,we should have won at least one of those games with the players we had. Injuries didn’t cost us the Nebraska game. Not caring did. Ironically, Nebraska would show later in the year what is one of the beautiful things about CBB (a team that plays together, with purpose and heart can overcome a lack of players.....at least in the short term). Nebraska played, what was it, a team of 7 players, mostly walk ons or reserves?

If IU had the heart and will to win they should have done better than 1-12 , even if Romeo had 2 casts on his arms and Morgan was 5-11. They looked lost and disinterested.

One other disappointing thing was the number of games where it seemed we played beautifully for a good chunk of the game but were awful for a spell. I wouldn’t blame that on injuries occurring in the middle of the game, it was something else. That Maryland game where we came out looking like a BT champ early on then .....what happened? Several games where we had putrid starts.

Again, injuries WERE a factor in the season. But they are not an excuse for missing the tournament. All we needed to do was go 2-11 instead of 1-12. IMO, has we played just mediocre with the roster we had adjusted for health, we should easily have at least 3 of those games.

The good news is that whatever intangible caused us to not try, pay attention or care is likely exorcized from the team at this point.

It leaves me optimistic. We may not win every home game this year, but I’ll bet we don’t see another loss like that Nebraska game.

You could have just said Romeo is gone from our team instead of "whatever intangible" :).

I was at the Maryland game, right behind the IU bench, could hear Archie word for word in the early time outs. The problem in that game was a lot do to the crowd, and Maryland playing to the crowd while we folded.

Usually do to people working late and traffic, the crowd is almost always very late on week day games at Maryland. Friday at 7, that game was very late filling up. The crowd was non existent in the majority of the 1st half and you could hear my dumbass (got in a few shouting matches with some Maryland fans) from across the court. Then it became very lively very quick. Beer flows at Maryland as well.

We looked like our effort level just disappeared that game, with our Indiana savior leading the way with his patented O face. Mind boggling some one can show no emotion like him. That shit is contagious especially with 18-22 year olds that are finding themselves as men. Thankfully, that cancer is now gone. Thank god.

Reactions: Lucy01 and .Gerdis
You could have just said Romeo is gone from our team instead of "whatever intangible" :).

I was at the Maryland game, right behind the IU bench, could hear Archie word for word in the early time outs. The problem in that game was a lot do to the crowd, and Maryland playing to the crowd while we folded.

Usually do to people working late and traffic, the crowd is almost always very late on week day games at Maryland. Friday at 7, that game was very late filling up. The crowd was non existent in the majority of the 1st half and you could hear my dumbass (got in a few shouting matches with some Maryland fans) from across the court. Then it became very lively very quick. Beer flows at Maryland as well.

We looked like our effort level just disappeared that game, with our Indiana savior leading the way with his patented O face. Mind boggling some one can show no emotion like him. That shit is contagious especially with 18-22 year olds that are finding themselves as men. Thankfully, that cancer is now gone. Thank god.

We talking about the Maryland game where Romeo was 8-14 from the field, 3-6 from the 3 and 9-9 from the Free Throw line and scored 28 points? Surely you weren't at that game or else you wouldn't have posted something so dumb.

That game flipped when Justin Smith picked up his 4th foul early in the second half who was actually doing a decent job of keeping Maryland's bigs off the boards. Maryland had an astonishing rebound advantage in the second half primarily due to Smith being on the bench and Morgan being absolutely gassed. It was the game Davis re-injured himself and was effectively shut down for a few weeks after and Fitzner played almost 20 minutes. A recipe for disaster against one of the best rebounding teams in the county. Your disdain for Romeo has prevented you from being objective.

Last edited:
‘The NCAA will be punishing KU soon - before they make any allegations’. You actually said this, yet you wonder why you’re ridiculed here. Please go away.

wow, you're going full-bore with a semantics argument. dumb, all the way.

The Maryland game was one of Romeo's best games. He wasn't a cancer. Quit calling the kid a cancer. Unlike you he actually attended IU.

Last edited:
“Crean was downtrending, especially recruiting where he lost all kinds of momentum.

Surprise...we had a roster issue that we have to work through.

And good lord we didn't go 3-15 and finish in last for three years. We missed the tourney by one damn win in season 2.”

I will agree that injuries were one reason that we underperformed on the year. I think it’s also very likely that had we won one more game we made the tourney.

It’s all pretty simple IMO. We packed it in for 12/13 games and that cost us the tourney. Had we lost 11 of 13 games we are in. Did we lose 12 of 13 due to injuries?

I’ll say no.

Now, I am not saying injuries weren’t a factor, rather that there was a greater cause, and that had our team played just ok during that span,we should have won at least one of those games with the players we had. Injuries didn’t cost us the Nebraska game. Not caring did. Ironically, Nebraska would show later in the year what is one of the beautiful things about CBB (a team that plays together, with purpose and heart can overcome a lack of players.....at least in the short term). Nebraska played, what was it, a team of 7 players, mostly walk ons or reserves?

If IU had the heart and will to win they should have done better than 1-12 , even if Romeo had 2 casts on his arms and Morgan was 5-11. They looked lost and disinterested.

One other disappointing thing was the number of games where it seemed we played beautifully for a good chunk of the game but were awful for a spell. I wouldn’t blame that on injuries occurring in the middle of the game, it was something else. That Maryland game where we came out looking like a BT champ early on then .....what happened? Several games where we had putrid starts.

Again, injuries WERE a factor in the season. But they are not an excuse for missing the tournament. All we needed to do was go 2-11 instead of 1-12. IMO, has we played just mediocre with the roster we had adjusted for health, we should easily have at least 3 of those games.

The good news is that whatever intangible caused us to not try, pay attention or care is likely exorcized from the team at this point.

It leaves me optimistic. We may not win every home game this year, but I’ll bet we don’t see another loss like that Nebraska game.

I agree. It was a disappointing that the team was as fragile and soft as it was. We were 12-2 at one point but could have easily been something like 8-6, with losses to some crappy teams.

We were young, soft, undersized and pretty stagnant offensively which is a huge debate. How talented were we really?

Archie's Dayton teams were known as tough. Sean Miller's teams at Xavier and Arizona have always been known as tough.

When a soft team meets adversity, it tends to fold. Which we definitely did. Was that a confidence issue, an injury issue, a chemistry issue, an experience issue? I believe it's all of the above, which has been my stand of the post you replied to (while agreeing with you).

It was not a good season for Archie. Every coach has disappointing seasons, even Knight. I argue that it wasn't as disappointing as gets pushed here because his program is still evolving and was simply on the green side (and unfortunate side with injuries).

I've been watching Arizona games this summer and it seems to me like they run almost the exact same style offensively and defensively. Sean's teams are typically led by tough, experienced players like Tarczewski, Ashley, McConnell, Alonzo Trier, Johnson, Gabe York and then lately he's been getting a one and done like Johnson and Ayton (with Ayton being his first #1 pick on a team that disappointed to be honest).

When Arizona was good, it was mainly upperclassmen that played tremendous defense.

That's their brand and we're not quite there yet which is why I'm still optimistic.

While we've been bitching about the lack of one and dones, Archie has turned the roster over with as many four star multi year talent, from Indiana since we've had since the Zeller teams and soon to be since the 93 team and that's something that keeps me optimistic for now.

I do agree with you. I don't want to give the impression that it was a good year that we should be happy about, it wasn't. My point has always been that it wasn't this massive disappointing shit show.

There is absolutely no doubt to me that we were a soft and fragile team. We were what, 12-2, but could have easily been something like 8-6. Once we hit some adversity...it got really bad of course. Not sure what happened, was it confidence, was it injuries taking a toll on the psyche of the team, was it chemistry, was it the low point of a long season for a soft, inexperienced team?

Regardless it pissed the season away, even though we ended up righting it at the end of the schedule when it looked like we were heading for a classic Crean complete off the rails season ended.

So yeah, it was a disappointing season and Archie lost some confidence, but it wasn't this massive underachieving dumpster fi

I agree. It was a disappointing that the team was as fragile and soft as it was. We were 12-2 at one point but could have easily been something like 8-6, with losses to some crappy teams.

We were young, soft, undersized and pretty stagnant offensively which is a huge debate. How talented were we really?

Archie's Dayton teams were known as tough. Sean Miller's teams at Xavier and Arizona have always been known as tough.

When a soft team meets adversity, it tends to fold. Which we definitely did. Was that a confidence issue, an injury issue, a chemistry issue, an experience issue? I believe it's all of the above, which has been my stand of the post you replied to (while agreeing with you).

It was not a good season for Archie. Every coach has disappointing seasons, even Knight. I argue that it wasn't as disappointing as gets pushed here because his program is still evolving and was simply on the green side (and unfortunate side with injuries).

I've been watching Arizona games this summer and it seems to me like they run almost the exact same style offensively and defensively. Sean's teams are typically led by tough, experienced players like Tarczewski, Ashley, McConnell, Alonzo Trier, Johnson, Gabe York and then lately he's been getting a one and done like Johnson and Ayton (with Ayton being his first #1 pick on a team that disappointed to be honest).

When Arizona was good, it was mainly upperclassmen that played tremendous defense.

That's their brand and we're not quite there yet which is why I'm still optimistic.

While we've been bitching about the lack of one and dones, Archie has turned the roster over with as many four star multi year talent, from Indiana since we've had since the Zeller teams and soon to be since the 93 team and that's something that keeps me optimistic for now.

A couple of quick thoughts.

I am a big believer in the importance of intangibles in sports. Especially when we are talking about college athletes and not 30 year old pros. Last year the BIG10 was pretty tough. Alas, we are going on 20 years with no National Titles for our conference, but last year it was pretty solid from top to bottom. So, each game was a fairly decent test. Plenty of those games were narrow margins, and a team needs to learn how to win. I am optimistic that:
1. This Yr we will be better at winning the close ones
2. The adversity that our players went through last year will benefit them
3. We are not going into the season cocky, but rather with a chip on our shoulder.

With the conference looking weaker, and the intangibles pointing in the right direction, I am not afraid to be bullish. Throw in the fact that I can't remember the last time IU vastly exceeded expectations. We are due. I expected Miller to routinely do more with less talent, and we have a solid blend of talent and experience.

Arizona. My best friend is a 'Zona fan and we go way back. Let's just say that he's not a Sean Miller fan, and hasn't been for few years. This isn't a result of the probe (he has felt this way long before that), it's just that he thinks he'll never do anything in the tournament. I suppose as IU fans we can't have much sympathy for fans that watch their program rack up 30 wins every year but get upset in the NCAA's. Still, I am just passing along what my friend, a die hard CBB and "Zona fan thinks.

Last edited:
I could care less what you and a few other posters think of me. I don't speak in absolutes like your buddy Fpeaugh who has been proven wrong time and time again.

It's funny, a little over a month ago you had FPeaugh on here telling everybody how IU had NO recruiting momentum and that NOBODY wanted to play for IU once again speaking in absolutes. Here we are 3 weeks later and IU now has 2 committed players and on the verge of receiving a third commitment possibly from Matt Cross.

If by being a rational person, meaning I'm still willing to give a coach more than 2 years to prove his worth, that somehow makes me a sunshine pumper then so be it. But that's not what it means. I've never said Archie isn't susceptible to criticism and I've been critical of him more than a fair share of times. But determining that he's already a failure with no chance of getting better (even though he's only 40 years old) and not agreeing that he needs to be let go immediately doesn't mean I'm a sunshine pumper? That's nonsense.

I've said since I've posted here that he deserves at minimum 3 years and likely 4 unless year 3 is an absolute disaster. And that's plenty fair and doesn't make me a sunshine pumper. It makes me the opposite as opposed to the insufferable moron that you are on this board.
We landed 2 guys outside the top 100. Iowa wouldn’t even celebrate that. They’re probably great kids but we haven’t received a commitment from a major impact recruit since the beginning of last season. That’s horrible.

Actually they weren’t. Romeo and Morgan played nearly every game. During the meltdown we had almost everyone. You can’t explain it with injuries unfortunately.

*almost, except

-Hunter didn't play a minute
-Thompson missed all but 9 games
-Davis was limited to 10 mpg the first 20 games and missed 5 games during the "meltdown"
-Green missed 4/6 first games (including Arkansas) and was suspended during a crucial 3 game stretch
-Phinisee went almost a month without any basketball activity and took him awhile to get back into playing shape
-Romeo Langford played with torn ligaments in his thumb the entire season

How in the world is IU ever going to be great again if they shuffle through 4 or 5 coaches in a 20 year period. Shortened answer is; it's never going to happen. Villanova and Virginia didn't get to where they were at after 2 years. Neither did Duke, neither did Michigan State, neither did a lot of the schools who are now more prestigious than IU.
Ask UK.

By your logic Illinois would still have John Groce. Great idea.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
We landed 2 guys outside the top 100. Iowa wouldn’t even celebrate that. They’re probably great kids but we haven’t received a commitment from a major impact recruit since the beginning of last season. That’s horrible.

Right, but you said in absolutes IU has NO recruiting momentum and NOBODY wants to play for IU. You were wrong. Again. Period.

You want to make a bet that one of if not both of Galloway or Leal land on an all-conference team by the time they graduate?

Last year was a complete and epic meltdown the likes of which we’ve never seen in IU history. It is what it is. Quit trying to sugarcoat it. Hopefully it was an anomaly but last year was the most underachieving team I’ve seen in 60+ years.

Last year was a complete and epic meltdown the likes of which we’ve never seen in IU history. It is what it is. Quit trying to sugarcoat it. Hopefully it was an anomaly but last year was the most underachieving team I’ve seen in 60+ years.

I think you might mean Crean’s last team at IU. We weren’t even a preseason top 25 team last year. Lol.

Just stop.

It wasn't even the most underachieving team in the past three seasons.

Bring the drama down a couple of notches.

This turned into a mud slinging thread.

I think IU will be a very good basketball team this year, I just think we are on the brink of being very good again. How's that for a SUNSHINE PUMPER fan.

We talking about the Maryland game where Romeo was 8-14 from the field, 3-6 from the 3 and 9-9 from the Free Throw line and scored 28 points? Surely you weren't at that game or else you wouldn't have posted something so dumb.

That game flipped when Justin Smith picked up his 4th foul early in the second half who was actually doing a decent job of keeping Maryland's bigs off the boards. Maryland had an astonishing rebound advantage in the second half primarily due to Smith being on the bench and Morgan being absolutely gassed. It was the game Davis re-injured himself and was effectively shut down for a few weeks after and Fitzner played almost 20 minutes. A recipe for disaster against one of the best rebounding teams in the county. Your disdain for Romeo has prevented you from being objective.

Imagine his stats if he gave 100% the whole game. We might have even won the game!

Unlike Romeo, I graduated. Season ticket holder and donor for a decade. It was one of his best games, and guess what, we lost. Cancer for sure.

Sorry I offended you, did you get the picture framed of you and Romeo after you stood in line for an hour after his HS games to get his autograph? You should put in in your trophy room at your house, I know there is plenty of space!

Laaaaaaa whoooooo zaaaaaaaa herrrrrrrrrr

Pushing the narrative that IU lost the Maryland game because of Romeo is about as laughable as it gets.

Imagine his stats if he gave 100% the whole game. We might have even won the game!

He single handily kept IU in the game you dumb shit? He scored 16 points alone the last 7:30 of regulation. Pitting IU’s failures on Romeo last year just goes to show you didn’t watch a single game.

Reactions: snarlcakes
Unlike Romeo, I graduated. Season ticket holder and donor for a decade. It was one of his best games, and guess what, we lost. Cancer for sure.

Sorry I offended you, did you get the picture framed of you and Romeo after you stood in line for an hour after his HS games to get his autograph? You should put in in your trophy room at your house, I know there is plenty of space!

Laaaaaaa whoooooo zaaaaaaaa herrrrrrrrrr

I'm not exactly a snarlcakes fan, but if anyone is the loser (I assume that's what you are saying in your little child language) in this exchange it's you, and RL is infinitely more mature than you will ever be.

Reactions: snarlcakes
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT