ADVERTISEMENT

Too many haters here

The 2019 version of Smith needs to be better than the 2018 version of Smith, or we are in big trouble.
if the 2019 version of the team doesn't have the injuries that the 2018 version did, then the 2018 version of Smith can sit the bench. He only averaged 17 minutes a game in the last 11 games last year. It coincides with Davis getting healthier and Thompson being cleared. So, I doubt very much the season relies much on Justin Smith's improvement. You know, considering he's not a primary or secondary ball handler, nor is he a go to shooter, nor is he a post player..... I'm thinking those roles will be much more than the one he fills..

*eyeroll*

if the 2019 version of the team doesn't have the injuries that the 2018 version did, then the 2018 version of Smith can sit the bench. He only averaged 17 minutes a game in the last 11 games last year. It coincides with Davis getting healthier and Thompson being cleared. So, I doubt very much the season relies much on Justin Smith's improvement. You know, considering he's not a primary or secondary ball handler, nor is he a go to shooter, nor is he a post player..... I'm thinking those roles will be much more than the one he fills..

*eyeroll*
Would you not admit that we look to be weak at the wing position? The front court looks solid, the backcourt has some guards that should improve. Smith was a starter last year and looks to be a starter this year, especially if Hunter can’t go more than 10 minutes a game. (I still have my doubts he’ll play at all until Archie actually says so)

I don’t care if he’s the primary ball handler or not, we need more production from the wing position for this team to be successful. 2018 Smith isn’t going to cut it at the 3 spot, that’s all I was saying. Bottom line, If Smith doesn’t improve, who starts at that spot?

*eyeroll* lol cute

I chose Sagarin because it was the metric that gave you the greatest chance to win. IU was ranked like an NCAA Tournament team by Sagarin last season. IU was 52nd in Kenpom. I would do the $200 vs $100 that IU gets at least a #8 seed in the NCAA Tournament if you'd prefer to go that way.

I don’t gamble but I’ll gladly admit I was wrong if we finish as an 8 seed or better this year. That seems like about a 2% chance to me right now.

He won’t bet. He and others have flatly stated that IU won’t make the tournament, but none of them will back up their predictions with a bet on it. I’ve offered to bet $5 (for the cheap trolls) to $200. No takers.

Not gambling is a good thing! Sorry for tempting:) An admission along with a message board flogging is good enough for me!

I just can't fathom the 2% though. Most all power conference schools have at least a 2% chance of making the NCAAT. 49-1 is pretty crazy odds against IU dancing... you really have made up your mind about Arch

Edit... My bad.. your 2% is on IU getting at least a #8 seed. Reading comprehension is not my friend today. Just finished with a grueling series of texts just because I didn't read the original text correctly. Today may be the day to make a bet with me after all:D
Bump.

How do you guys continue to be so bad year after year?

Reactions: Radio Zero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT