ADVERTISEMENT

Ideal IU team and playing style

IndyMitchell

Benchwarmer
Apr 29, 2008
I think back to the strong IU teams and what I would like IU to return to.

First and foremost, I viewed those teams as always being the highest in basketball IQ. Many of Knight's teams lacked the athletes of other teams but they maximized the team and figured out ways to cover the weaknesses. The also figured out what would work in a given game and used it. I loved how they out smarted opponents.

I also loved having a few Indiana guys on the team. Rooting for Alford, Evans, Cheaney, Graham, Lewis, Jeffries, Henderson, Hulls, Zeller, TJD, Galloway, etc is ideal.

Shooters. This year's Achilles heal and it really has been for a long time now. Even Miller Kopp had a slower release. Having dominate guys like TJD, Reneau, Ware should opens things up. However, teams are more than happy to double those guys. I love that Woodson has demanded that the team uses these great bigs but we need shooters to truly take advantage of these guys. A huge frustration of the great Crean teams is that they didn't fully use Zeller to near his potential. They didn't feed him for long stretches. He was awesome but he could have been used even better.

Confident teams. Even during the Knight years, I felt some guys were scared to make a mistake. The more guys that are confident, the more dangerous the team.

Reactions: CriticArisen
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT