ADVERTISEMENT

Nate Oats

Oats teams remind me of the Kentucky teams of the 90s. I would be over the moon if he ever coached Indiana. He has won everywhere comparing him to Crean is absurd Crean would not of won at Buffalo.

So I can put you down as being good with UVA style as long as we make the tournament every year?

You mean the style that's won 8 ACC titles and a national championship at Virginia of all places? Yes, sign me up.

Winning basketball games > playing a pretty style

You must've loved the Tom Crean era.

Beard's background is a non-starter. It's likely worse than what is out there publicly, and that's a risk IU can't take.
Please stop that. Dude likely hasn't been considered yet, let alone contacted in any significant way regarding a potential future opening. These kinds of rumors do damage to all involved including fans who might want to get on board.

Please stop that. Dude likely hasn't been considered yet, let alone contacted in any significant way regarding a potential future opening. These kinds of rumors do damage to all involved including fans who might want to get on board.

Nothing I say on this board matters -- this is one comment of many on him, and if we pursued him, one of thousands of comments. I'm just passing along what is known about him, take it or leave it.

Tom Crean with a better personality. Fun offense to watch....when they're on, but it's not sustainable.

He just signed a massive contract extension last week anyway so it's all moot anyway.
It is sustainable “IF” he continues to recruit athletes who can shoot.
I also do not like his “jack up 3s as fast as you can”, BUT… IF they have shooters and rebounders, they can be a darn tough out!

Bama did the smart thing and PAID him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT