ADVERTISEMENT

quinn

5 of 8 plus the student trustee are appointed by the Gov. 3 are elected by alums.
Why can’t the freaking governor appoint some random numb nuts who wants to hire a crappy nba coach to coach at Purdue? Seriously, Buckner was 13-69 as a coach. How the hell does that qualify him to be a one-man search committee?

All this talk about former legend players here who are crappy coaches (Woody, Buckner, Wittman, Alford, Dakich, maybe Smart) makes me realize what a genius Knight really was.

Last edited:
Not the standard at all. Everything changed with the portal. The argument used to be coaches needed 4-5 years to get their guys. Hell, coaches can now get their guys in one year. The dude at Penn State did it. Matta has a whole team this year. It’s happening all around with coaches that have a plan. NIL makes it easy. Everyone says we have plenty.
I'm not arguing against your point but I definitely remember the frustration of Crean's 3rd season when I argued on this board that there was no reason he should be that bad in his 3rd season.

I'm not arguing against your point but I definitely remember the frustration of Crean's 3rd season when I argued on this board that there was no reason he should be that bad in his 3rd season.
I think most of us felt exactly the same way. He was acting like the proverbial work crew who’s getting paid by the hour. The longer he drew that deal out and acted like he (and to some extent Dakich) was just cleaning up a nuclear mess. Smart plan actually. He got paid several more years than he should have. Freaking weirdo.

Yea Crean played Indiana he could of kept some of the kids like Bassett, Crawford all kids smoke pot or get caught. Also he could of added more juco kids to help out. I mean between Jurkin, Bawa, and Jobe, Priller what the hell was he thinking.

Yea Crean played Indiana he could have kept some of the kids like Bassett, Crawford all kids smoke pot or get caught. Also he could have added more juco kids to help out. I mean between Jurkin, Bawa, and Jobe, Priller what the hell was he thinking.
Crean definitely brought in some unknowns that remained pretty much unknown.

He did have two broken clock moments with Victor and OG. They weren’t completely unknown but I don’t think anyone thought they’d have NBA careers when they first arrived at IU.

Crean had his share of McDonald’s players too, but RMK, Davis, Sampson, Crean, Miller and now Woodson all prove that if you’re the head coach of IU, you’ll get highly ranked players.

Crean definitely brought in some unknowns that remained pretty much unknown.

He did have two broken clock moments with Victor and OG. They weren’t completely unknown but I don’t think anyone thought they’d have NBA careers when they first arrived at IU.

Crean had his share of McDonald’s players too, but RMK, Davis, Sampson, Crean, Miller and now Woodson all prove that if you’re the head coach of IU, you’ll get highly ranked players.
I agree, but actually a good amount of people on here thought OG could make the league someday before he even stepped foot on practice. Could tell by his body and upside. April, Priller were absolutely dumbfounding. I understand Jobe whej he started and Guy Marc Michel could have been serviceble if it werent for Ncaa saying no.

Not the standard at all. Everything changed with the portal. The argument used to be coaches needed 4-5 years to get their guys. Hell, coaches can now get their guys in one year. The dude at Penn State did it. Matta has a whole team this year. It’s happening all around with coaches that have a plan. NIL makes it easy. Everyone says we have plenty.
Which Penn State or Matta’s player is leaving by first round draft? Do you think JHS would have made a big impact on this team? What about a healthy both mentally and physically X with JHS at 2 and then include the MM, MR and Ware with Galloway as 6th man. How does that team look to you? Now add McNealy and Queen with his point guard in tow for next year. How does that start to look? After two successful classes with draft picks the caliber of interested studs will increase.
My concern that the PTSD fan base will destroy things and take us deeper into purgatory. That’s my 2 cents for what it’s worth
I feel like any signs of improvement or a foundation trending in the right direction should be an absolute must in year 3.

I would have no clue what Woodson could possibly point to to meet those baselines.

It's a goddamn Buckner/Woody/Dolson circle jerk.
what is so odd is there are supposed to be the guys so used to winning they would never except crap play. Yet is seems with them once you turn 65 you turn into a dementia patient or something and just want to pal around now.

You cannot run them up and down stairs like you used to cause they are now paid but damn act like you care.

Quinn may have done a lot right as chairman (I don’t know) but hiring CMW was an unmitigated mistake. We are stuck with a low pragmatism coach who clings to an outdated coaching model. His recruiting philosophy and coaching approach guarantee as many bad seasons as he is allowed to remain.

Note: Bad seasons as determined by lack of real national contention.

Last edited:
Quinn may have done a lot right as chairman (I don’t know) but hiring CMW was an unmitigated mistake. We are stuck with a low pragmatism coach who clings to an outdated coaching model. His recruiting philosophy and coaching approach guarantee as many bad seasons as he is allowed to remain.

Note: Bad seasons as determined by lack of real national contention.
It’s a disaster.

Quinn may have to give up. Donations are going to go down — Bball is our school pride, a 10% drop in donations is $2M. Ticket sales will drop, 10% less and that’s another $2M. Then there is brand and reputation damage on top of that aforementioned $4M, which can’t be quantified but is serious.

I’m sure our NIL sponsors are upset and will pull back for Woody (like football, NIL was there for Cig but not Allen). This means the spring portal, which due to recruiting issues is vital, won’t have the NIL backing. It’s a death spiral on the court.

It’s untenable.

It’s a disaster.

Quinn may have to give up. Donations are going to go down — Bball is our school pride, a 10% drop in donations is $2M. Ticket sales will drop, 10% less and that’s another $2M. Then there is brand and reputation damage on top of that aforementioned $4M, which can’t be quantified but is serious.

I’m sure our NIL sponsors are upset and will pull back for Woody (like football, NIL was there for Cig but not Allen). This means the spring portal, which due to recruiting issues is vital, won’t have the NIL backing. It’s a death spiral on the court.

It’s untenable.
He was like 206-286 with the Hawks so sure he developed PR survival skills during his five years there.

It's ironic that this thread mentions circle jerks....when this thread is essentially that very thing among about 4-6 posters, all of whom pretty much show up to jerk each other off every day, just in a new thread.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT