ADVERTISEMENT

Too many haters here

Lol... love the Doc Holliday reference in a gambling convo! I'm over-the-top boomer in that I don't do facebook and have never had a paypal thingy. We'll get it figured out when the time comes though... You're a daisy if you do! Bet On!

Booked. I couldn't resist the 2 to 1 odds:)

HA maybe 2% is too low. I just can’t figure out what happened last year with all that talent. Maybe we’ve turned a new leaf. I won’t believe it until I see it though.

But top 8 seed is finishing top 3-4 in the Big Ten most likely and I don’t see any chance of that happening.

FWIW (nothing) I’d put the odds of us making the tournament around 30-40%.

I just looked it up real quick and it looks like 21 B10 teams have been a #8 seed or better in the last 4 NCAA Tournaments. There have been 26 total B10 teams over the last 4 years, with 5 of them getting in with worse than a #8 seed. I'll have to recheck, because something doesn't seem right here, but it looks like a Top 5 B10 finish likely wins the bet.

Booked. I couldn't resist the 2 to 1 odds:)

Don't blame you! I honestly exaggerated the odds a bit just because fpeagh was so adamant about IU's probabilities being so outrageously poor. I probably wouldn't go out hunting this bet, but I don't think the odds are tilted against me either... I just threw away any edge by being cocky:)

Dumb per usual. go away
Hello friend, I don’t believe we have spoken before, it’s ironic our first interaction happens to be in the too many haters thread. I hope in time we can be friends on this great board. There are a lot of great posters here like yourself.

There goes your cut! I actually love these bets. I call it hedging happiness. If I win it's 200 bucks in my pocket. If I lose IU had a much better season than I thought they would have. I win either way.

... and I'll be double bummed out if IU sucks... make that triple bummed! I think not getting at least a #8 in the NCAAT is suckage anyway.

Hello friend, I don’t believe we have spoken before, it’s ironic our first interaction happens to be in the too many haters thread. I hope in time we can be friends on this great board. There are a lot of great posters here like yourself.

Ahhh... and here's Big Blue ready to report back to RR that IU fans are betting over whether or not they can get a crappy 8 seed in the NCAAT:D

Was talking surprise mid-majors with Big Blue the other day and the guy tells me Seton Hall might make a lot of noise this seasono_O

Ahhh... and here's Big Blue ready to report back to RR that IU fans are betting over whether or not they can get a crappy 8 seed in the NCAAT:D
He has to be a kid. I cannot imagine an adult behaving like him - running from one anonymous board to another. bizarre.

I wouldn’t do that I may not be welcomed here but I do respect Archie and what he’s doing at Indiana. It takes time to build a good team and I think Archie is on the right track. I do think Indiana will make the tournament this yr and will be better than last yr. As for being an 8 seed, that doesn’t matter. We were an 8 in 2014 and should of won it all if John Higgins wasn’t the worst referee of all time. In the big dance seeding has little affect. Ask Virginia about that. If Indiana can get there, they could make some noise and hopefully shut up the Archie haters

I wouldn’t do that I may not be welcomed here but I do respect Archie and what he’s doing at Indiana. It takes time to build a good team and I think Archie is on the right track. I do think Indiana will make the tournament this yr and will be better than last yr. As for being an 8 seed, that doesn’t matter. We were an 8 in 2014 and should of won it all if John Higgins wasn’t the worst referee of all time. In the big dance seeding has little affect. Ask Virginia about that. If Indiana can get there, they could make some noise and hopefully shut up the Archie haters

You're fine as far as I'm concerned. I visit a ton of boards mining for informative nuggets that might make me a buck during the season. I'm a lurker except for here, but if you like talking hoops with the opposition... I get it. I do think I sense a lot of tongue-in-cheek mojo, but my best friend is Big Blue and TIC is the only way he knows how to talk hoops... arrogance:)

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
You're fine as far as I'm concerned. I visit a ton of boards mining for informative nuggets that might make me a buck during the season. I'm a lurker except for here, but if you like talking hoops with the opposition... I get it. I do think I sense a lot of tongue-in-cheek mojo, but my best friend is Big Blue and TIC is the only way he knows how to talk hoops... arrogance:)
I appreciate the kind words. I do enjoy talking hoops and having fun. Jimbo doesn’t like me because I trolled a supposed Indiana fan on the main board and came running back over here as though he was Perry mason with evidence that I was a troll. I’m respectful here, I don’t bash the players or the team, and I really do like Archie and feel he will right the ship. I get it, it’s year 5 and things haven’t taken off yet, but we had to endure bad years also. From 2005 to 2010 we had to suck it up from the last years of tubby to the bcg debacle. We lost to teams like vmi and Gardner Webb on our home court. It was a terrible time but we got lucky we hired cal who was already established as a good coach and excellent recruiter. I would give Archie a couple more years and if things don’t continue to improve, then I would go after an established coach and dump the money truck on his lawn. I think thats why some are hesitant of Archie because he’s so young and has only made an elite 8. You guys have some great pieces coming in and a nice foundation to build on. Let’s see how it plays out before Archie is ran out of town.

Reactions: Paterfamilias
I guess so. We're all a bunch of negative Nancy's now because we'd like our program to be above average..lol. Ironic thing is because we don't embrace losing we're actually losers. Who knew?
No. You’re Negative Nancies because you are negative about IU sports pretty much 100% of the time for irrational reasons. I have very high expectations for IU sports and I see a whole lot of reasons to be positive about it, including basketball. I have very high expectations of IU basketball fans too and people like you blow those expectations out of the water. However, I don’t think any of you really are IU fans, so it’s OK.

No. You’re Negative Nancies because you are negative about IU sports pretty much 100% of the time for irrational reasons. I have very high expectations for IU sports and I see a whole lot of reasons to be positive about it, including basketball. I have very high expectations of IU basketball fans too and people like you blow those expectations out of the water. However, I don’t think any of you really are IU fans, so it’s OK.
Someone who considers making the tournament in four of the last eleven years a fulfillment of their “high expectations”, and then claims people who want more than that as non - IU fans? Much higher expectations than yours equals a non-fan? Impossible to take you seriously with such tortured “logic”.

Last edited:
I guess so. We're all a bunch of negative Nancy's now because we'd like our program to be above average..lol. Ironic thing is because we don't embrace losing we're actually losers. Who knew?

Coaches aren't fired because they have a ton of positive momentum.

Crean was downtrending, especially recruiting where he lost all kinds of momentum.

Surprise...we had a roster issue that we have to work through.

And good lord we didn't go 3-15 and finish in last for three years. We missed the tourney by one damn win in season 2.

I'm sorry Romeo had a f'd up wrist and it turned him into a 6'6" power forward. I'm also sorry that Davis had to come back from an achillies injury and left Morgan as the only post, undersized a 6'8".

So a team with an undersized post presence, who's two volume scorers could only score within 10 feet which made us extremely easy to defend missed the tourney by one game (and per some is supposedly the formula for a top 10 team...undersized players who struggled score from the perimeter. Yeah that's the blueprint of a champion) is the most underachieving team in the history of CBB.

Shaking my damn head.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
“Crean was downtrending, especially recruiting where he lost all kinds of momentum.

And good lord we didn't go 3-15 and finish in last for three years. We missed the tourney by one damn win in season 2.”

I will agree that injuries were one reason that we underperformed on the year. I think it’s also very likely that had we won one more game we made the tourney.

It’s all pretty simple IMO. We packed it in for 12/13 games and that cost us the tourney. Had we lost 11 of 13 games we are in. Did we lose 12 of 13 due to injuries?

I’ll say no.

Now, I am not saying injuries weren’t a factor, rather that there was a greater cause, and that had our team played just ok during that span,we should have won at least one of those games with the players we had. Injuries didn’t cost us the Nebraska game. Not caring did. Ironically, Nebraska would show later in the year what is one of the beautiful things about CBB (a team that plays together, with purpose and heart can overcome a lack of players.....at least in the short term). Nebraska played, what was it, a team of 7 players, mostly walk ons or reserves?

If IU had the heart and will to win they should have done better than 1-12 , even if Romeo had 2 casts on his arms and Morgan was 5-11. They looked lost and disinterested.

One other disappointing thing was the number of games where it seemed we played beautifully for a good chunk of the game but were awful for a spell. I wouldn’t blame that on injuries occurring in the middle of the game, it was something else. That Maryland game where we came out looking like a BT champ early on then .....what happened? Several games where we had putrid starts.

Again, injuries WERE a factor in the season. But they are not an excuse for missing the tournament. All we needed to do was go 2-11 instead of 1-12. IMO, has we played just mediocre with the roster we had adjusted for health, we should easily have at least 3 of those games.

The good news is that whatever intangible caused us to not try, pay attention or care is likely exorcized from the team at this point.

It leaves me optimistic. We may not win every home game this year, but I’ll bet we don’t see another loss like that Nebraska game.

“Crean was downtrending, especially recruiting where he lost all kinds of momentum.

And good lord we didn't go 3-15 and finish in last for three years. We missed the tourney by one damn win in season 2.”

I will agree that injuries were one reason that we underperformed on the year. I think it’s also very likely that had we won one more game we made the tourney.

It’s all pretty simple IMO. We packed it in for 12/13 games and that cost us the tourney. Had we lost 11 of 13 games we are in. Did we lose 12 of 13 due to injuries?

I’ll say no.

Now, I am not saying injuries weren’t a factor, rather that there was a greater cause, and that had our team played just ok during that span,we should have won at least one of those games with the players we had. Injuries didn’t cost us the Nebraska game. Not caring did. Ironically, Nebraska would show later in the year what is one of the beautiful things about CBB (a team that plays together, with purpose and heart can overcome a lack of players.....at least in the short term). Nebraska played, what was it, a team of 7 players, mostly walk ons or reserves?

If IU had the heart and will to win they should have done better than 1-12 , even if Romeo had 2 casts on his arms and Morgan was 5-11. They looked lost and disinterested.

One other disappointing thing was the number of games where it seemed we played beautifully for a good chunk of the game but were awful for a spell. I wouldn’t blame that on injuries occurring in the middle of the game, it was something else. That Maryland game where we came out looking like a BT champ early on then .....what happened? Several games where we had putrid starts.

Again, injuries WERE a factor in the season. But they are not an excuse for missing the tournament. All we needed to do was go 2-11 instead of 1-12. IMO, has we played just mediocre with the roster we had adjusted for health, we should easily have at least 3 of those games.

The good news is that whatever intangible caused us to not try, pay attention or care is likely exorcized from the team at this point.

It leaves me optimistic. We may not win every home game this year, but I’ll bet we don’t see another loss like that Nebraska game.

Nebraska really? That’s who you’re going to use? Nebraska was 11-2 to start the year (just like IU), but ranked higher in the polls, and then proceeded to finish the season 18-16, 6-14 in the B10, good enough for second to last place. Why? Because of injuries. There was a 5 game stretch where IU was only playing 7-8 players when guys like Davis and McRoberts were out with injuries and Green was suspended.

Acting like Nebraska overcame their injuries while IU didn’t is a terrible comparison. And Palmer, Watson, and Roby played the entire year.

Nebraska really? That’s who you’re going to use? Nebraska was 11-2 to start the year (just like IU), but ranked higher in the polls, and then proceeded to finish the season 18-16, 6-14 in the B10, good enough for second to last place. Why? Because of injuries. There was a 5 game stretch where IU was only playing 7-8 players when guys like Davis and McRoberts were out with injuries and Green was suspended.

Acting like Nebraska overcame their injuries while IU didn’t is a terrible comparison. And Palmer, Watson, and Roby played the entire year.

You misunderstood.

I was referring to what Nebraska did in the BTT after they had all those players suspended. They had a roster of 7 total players. I don’t recall exactly but didn’t they suspend 4 starters. And they won a few games.

Why is it that they suddenly won a few games after being 2nd to last? Not because they got healthy.

Edit: sounds like Nebraska was down to 7 players due to injuries and 1 suspension.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/recap?gameId=401120730

Last edited:

Don't lump the legit posters who want change in with the two professional trolls. we want differing opinions and views.

You misunderstood.

I was referring to what Nebraska did in the BTT after they had all those players suspended. They had a roster of 7 total players. I don’t recall exactly but didn’t they suspend 4 starters. And they won a few games.

Why is it that they suddenly won a few games after being 2nd to last? Not because they got healthy.

Edit: sounds like Nebraska was down to 7 players due to injuries and 1 suspension.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/recap?gameId=401120730

Congrats, they beat Maryland. They still had Isaac Copeland for 20 games (their only significant injury) and had Palmer, Watson, and Roby the entire year (all upperclassmen) who I considered to be one of the better trio's in the B10. Is beating Maryland really all that different than IU beating Michigan State on the road with Juwan Morgan going down early?

Bottom line, using a one game scenario such as Nebraska in the BTT, doesn't negate or equate to the fact that IU was playing with a limited roster for a large part of the BT season. There were multiple games when IU was running with an 8 man rotation with guys either out injured or suspended.

Don't lump the legit posters who want change in with the two professional trolls. we want differing opinions and views.
PM and feepaw are legit anti-IU trolls, but they aren’t the only ones. Many of us actually want and expect IU basketball and football to be better this season and in the future. All reason and logic points to Miller and Allen as very good coaches that have an excellent chance to do this. The trolls do nothing but denigrate these coaches and have called for both to be fired. Doing this now would doubtlessly ensure more bad seasons for several years to come and the anti-IU trolls would love it. That’s truly what they want and what they enjoy. It’s not possible that many of these posters are actually IU fans. They are absolutely anti-IU trolls.

Reactions: MrBing
PM and feepaw are legit anti-IU trolls, but they aren’t the only ones. Many of us actually want and expect IU basketball and football to be better this season and in the future. All reason and logic points to Miller and Allen as very good coaches that have an excellent chance to do this. The trolls do nothing but denigrate these coaches and have called for both to be fired. Doing this now would doubtlessly ensure more bad seasons for several years to come and the anti-IU trolls would love it. That’s truly what they want and what they enjoy. It’s not possible that many of these posters are actually IU fans. They are absolutely anti-IU trolls.
Just because people have criticism from time to time of poor performance on the court, doesn't mean they would "love more bad seasons from IU," have you lost your mind? I graduated from IU, in no way shape or form do I want to see them do poorly.

People that have criticism will post it and then we can discuss, that's what this board is for. People like you want a board full of sunshine pumpers where everyone agrees with eachother so we can all hold hands and sing Kumbaya.

If you can't handle people being a bit critical of a former blueblood program who has missed 7 of 11 tournaments (2 straight with our current coach) then you need to grow up. This is a big boy program, people have expectations. And thank god for that.

Just because people have criticism from time to time of poor performance on the court, doesn't mean they would "love more bad seasons from IU," have you lost your mind? I graduated from IU, in no way shape or form do I want to see them do poorly.

People that have criticism will post it and then we can discuss, that's what this board is for. People like you want a board full of sunshine pumpers where everyone agrees with eachother so we can all hold hands and sing Kumbaya.

If you can't handle people being a bit critical of a former blueblood program who has missed 7 of 11 tournaments (2 straight with our current coach) then you need to grow up. This is a big boy program, people have expectations. And thank god for that.

There are people who are critical of IU's lack of success (Snarlcakes, Cryano, you) who are legit IU fans that are simply disgruntled and then there are trolls like PM and Fpeaugh who nitpick and piss in everyone's cheerios regardless of what happens. There is a difference. Concluding that Archie Miller is already a failure two years into his tenure and there's no turning back is what people are tired of seeing on this board. That is Fpeaugh's MO. And he'll do anything to distort or discredit anything IU does positive from here on out.

There are very few "sunshine pumpers" on this board believe it or not. Most people are in the, "give Archie his due diligence and let him construct his own roster before a brazen decision is made to fire him" camp, myself included. There are more than enough examples out there that show a coach needs more than 2 years to run a successful program, including argably the two best coaches in college basketball; Tony Bennett and Jay Wright.

HA maybe 2% is too low. I just can’t figure out what happened last year with all that talent. Maybe we’ve turned a new leaf. I won’t believe it until I see it though.

But top 8 seed is finishing top 3-4 in the Big Ten most likely and I don’t see any chance of that happening.

FWIW (nothing) I’d put the odds of us making the tournament around 30-40%.

I figure that a lot of that talent was injured for multiple games. hope that helped...

Everyone here would like us to be better, but most choose not to be whiny little girls.

Dumb, even for you. Uber dumb.

Reactions: fpeaugh
There are people who are critical of IU's lack of success (Snarlcakes, Cryano, you) who are legit IU fans that are simply disgruntled and then there are trolls like PM and Fpeaugh who nitpick and piss in everyone's cheerios regardless of what happens. There is a difference. Concluding that Archie Miller is already a failure two years into his tenure and there's no turning back is what people are tired of seeing on this board. That is Fpeaugh's MO. And he'll do anything to distort or discredit anything IU does positive from here on out.

There are very few "sunshine pumpers" on this board believe it or not. Most people are in the, "give Archie his due diligence and let him construct his own roster before a brazen decision is made to fire him" camp, myself included. There are more than enough examples out there that show a coach needs more than 2 years to run a successful program, including argably the two best coaches in college basketball; Tony Bennett and Jay Wright.
Serious question . . . Why do you believe you’re widely considered to be a sunshine pumper? And why do you and a few others believe anyone who wants IU to be an elite program again are trolls? It makes zero sense.

Dumb, even for you. Uber dumb.

I could care less what you and a few other posters think of me. I don't speak in absolutes like your buddy Fpeaugh who has been proven wrong time and time again.

It's funny, a little over a month ago you had FPeaugh on here telling everybody how IU had NO recruiting momentum and that NOBODY wanted to play for IU once again speaking in absolutes. Here we are 3 weeks later and IU now has 2 committed players and on the verge of receiving a third commitment possibly from Matt Cross.

If by being a rational person, meaning I'm still willing to give a coach more than 2 years to prove his worth, that somehow makes me a sunshine pumper then so be it. But that's not what it means. I've never said Archie isn't susceptible to criticism and I've been critical of him more than a fair share of times. But determining that he's already a failure with no chance of getting better (even though he's only 40 years old) and not agreeing that he needs to be let go immediately doesn't mean I'm a sunshine pumper? That's nonsense.

I've said since I've posted here that he deserves at minimum 3 years and likely 4 unless year 3 is an absolute disaster. And that's plenty fair and doesn't make me a sunshine pumper. It makes me the opposite as opposed to the insufferable moron that you are on this board.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
Serious question . . . Why do you believe you’re widely considered to be a sunshine pumper? And why do you and a few others believe anyone who wants IU to be an elite program again are trolls? It makes zero sense.

He's not. (a sunshine pumper)
You're not. (someone who wants IU to be elite)
You are. (a troll)

You are. (welcome)

I could care less what you and a few other posters think of me. I don't speak in absolutes like your buddy Fpeaugh who has been proven wrong time and time again.

It's funny, a little over a month ago you had FPeaugh on here telling everybody how IU had NO recruiting momentum and that NOBODY wanted to play for IU once again speaking in absolutes. Here we are 3 weeks later and IU now has 2 committed players and on the verge of receiving a third commitment possibly from Matt Cross.

If by being a rational person, meaning I'm still willing to give a coach more than 2 years to prove his worth, that somehow makes me a sunshine pumper then so be it. But that's not what it means. I've never said Archie isn't susceptible to criticism and I've been critical of him more than a fair share of times. But determining that he's already a failure with no chance of getting better (even though he's only 40 years old) and not agreeing that he needs to be let go immediately doesn't mean I'm a sunshine pumper? That's nonsense.

I've said since I've posted here that he deserves at minimum 3 years and likely 4 unless year 3 is an absolute disaster. And that's plenty fair and doesn't make me a sunshine pumper. It makes me the opposite as opposed to the insufferable moron that you are on this board.
And I couldn’t care less what you think of me. I’ve never once called for Miller to be fired, no matter how many times you stupidly say that.

But you’re a sunshine pumper extraordinaire, whether you can see it or not. You offer no criticism whatsoever and have settled into accepting mediocrity. You can push back on that all you like, but no one believes a thing you say.

He's not. (a sunshine pumper)
You're not. (someone who wants IU to be elite)
You are. (a troll)

You're welcome.
Nope, I want IU to be great again. You and IndyRes are pumpers. You know it, I know it. But neither of you are truly IU fans, since being elite doesn’t matter to you. You are, however, incredibly unintelligent.

And I couldn’t care less what you think of me. I’ve never once called for Miller to be fired, no matter how many times you stupidly say that.

But you’re a sunshine pumper extraordinaire, whether you can see it or not. You offer no criticism whatsoever and have settled into accepting mediocrity. You can push back on that all you like, but no one believes a thing you say.

How in the world is IU ever going to be great again if they shuffle through 4 or 5 coaches in a 20 year period. Shortened answer is; it's never going to happen. Villanova and Virginia didn't get to where they were at after 2 years. Neither did Duke, neither did Michigan State, neither did a lot of the schools who are now more prestigious than IU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT