ADVERTISEMENT

Too many haters here

If you want to goose step I recommend the 247 peegs pay site. You can’t say anything negative or you get bounced.

Btown banners is a mix but the forum is kinda dead. I hate the organization as well.

The rivals free site is nice because there is significant freedom. I think that is good and bad.

I think this place is great. You have homers and realists. Of course, you have the negative nancies that complain when Archie doesn’t get every 5 star available

Reactions: Lucy01
Each post ends the same way with the same damn posters arguing about the same old crap. I still come here to read certain threads, but find myself on HSN a lot. They actually have informative discussions.

Reactions: Lillyr66
This used to be a great forum but is now overpopulated with trolls and truly negative losers. How come no one moderates this behavior?
I haven’t posted in years but drop in from time to time. Wish someone would get out the rat poison here.
It's the off season. All some people can do is complain during it.

Each post ends the same way with the same damn posters arguing about the same old crap. I still come here to read certain threads, but find myself on HSN a lot. They actually have informative discussions.
I like the HSN culture, but I don't like digging through 6,000 posts in a single thread that began a year ago. If they fix that, I would be there instead of here.

I'm hopeful for the future, I mean how much more positive do you want me to be? Sure there's a few trolls here but I feel like most of us want to see IU be successful.

That doesn't mean criticism isn't warranted from time to time, especially after the last few years.

Last edited:
This used to be a great forum but is now overpopulated with trolls and truly negative losers. How come no one moderates this behavior?
I haven’t posted in years but drop in from time to time. Wish someone would get out the rat poison here.
Always login to read. That way all the morons set to ignore go bye-bye...

Very inspiring words which I am sure will make a huge impact.

Yet, interestingly enough, a total absence of mods.

Why do you care so much? Stop responding to them and crying about mods. If they don’t get attention they will stop.

This is a free board why would it be moderated, why would they care? Wouldn’t they want to make it a bit more appealing to pay money and go premium and have it be moderated?

A free board should tease the user, and want something a bit better. By not moderating they do just that. Very smart actually whether intentional or not.

Why do you care so much? Stop responding to them and crying about mods. If they don’t get attention they will stop.

This is a free board why would it be moderated, why would they care? Wouldn’t they want to make it a bit more appealing to pay money and go premium and have it be moderated?

A free board should tease the user, and want something a bit better. By not moderating they do just that. Very smart actually whether intentional or not.
Why do you care what I think? If you stop responding to me and giving me attention, I'll stop. Please cease from trying to moderate my posts. Put me on ignore, then I won't make you cry. Move to the premium board if I make you so sad.

Or, ESAD...either way.

Why do you care what I think? If you stop responding to me and giving me attention, I'll stop. Please cease from trying to moderate my posts. Put me on ignore, then I won't make you cry. Move to the premium board if I make you so sad.

Or, ESAD...either way.

So sensitive when you are proven to be an idiot. Every day life must be a struggle. Just trying to help out, do my good deed. ESAD is cute. Again sorry I hurt your feelings sweetie.

Reactions: Lucy01
So sensitive when you are proven to be an idiot. Every day life must be a struggle. Just trying to help out, do my good deed. ESAD is cute. Again sorry I hurt your feelings sweetie.
Listen and respond with empathy. Try not to listen with the intent just to respond.

And ban assault weapons, now!

You cried out to me, pal. Sorry it didn't go as you planned.

(And in case you didn't notice, I basically echoed your words, so I guess you just admitted your feelings were hurt.)

This is what I was referring to yesterday. A thread starts with thoughtful responses and then quickly takes a nosedive to name calling in one form or another.
I get it that there’s some serious frustration with IU’s program. I think Coach Miller can return things to where we once were. I try to be positive.
Most likely this “free” sight is not an option for me.

Reactions: alishedobbs
You cried out to me, pal. Sorry it didn't go as you planned.

(And in case you didn't notice, I basically echoed your words, so I guess you just admitted your feelings were hurt.)

I know you are but what am I. That is what you did. You know, like a child. It’s ok, lots of stupid people.
I try to do my part to help. But, of course, the ole saying almost always holds true. Can’t fix stupid.

Listen and respond with empathy. Try not to listen with the intent just to respond.

And ban assault weapons, now!

I own 4 different types of ARs, and carry everywhere I go. That said, ARs should be illegal. They are killing machines.

I know you are but what am I. That is what you did. You know, like a child. It’s ok, lots of stupid people.
I try to do my part to help. But, of course, the ole saying almost always holds true. Can’t fix stupid.

Look, pal...just put me on ignore if your skin is that thin. No one is stopping you. I am encouraging it. You engaged with me, trying to tell me how to post. It didn't turn out how you wanted. I'm sure few things do for you.

No one will judge, or even know if you ignore me. Try it out.

I so agree. I have witnessed so much hate and negativity. I just go to another site that is much more positive and mature.

This is what I was referring to yesterday. A thread starts with thoughtful responses and then quickly takes a nosedive to name calling in one form or another.
I get it that there’s some serious frustration with IU’s program. I think Coach Miller can return things to where we once were. I try to be positive.
Most likely this “free” sight is not an option for me.
It's no better on the pay site, trust me. It's always the same guys, sometimes I wonder if there drinking buddies seeing how much attention they can get.

Reactions: Eurocyldon
Let them hate. The program has sucked. I don’t blame them.

Reactions: IUgradman
Let them hate. The program has sucked. I don’t blame them.
Archie may have just signed his 3rd Indiana Mr. Basketball in a row for 2020 in his first 3 recruiting classes. Inside-Out recruiting is filling the IU roster with fundamental Indiana HS players, including transfer Joey Brunk from Southport HS. The roster now has 4 Bigs that can all actually contribute. Far better than what Crean left behind. And the roster is being built for more consistency with solid 2 to 4 year players which will also improve team chemistry. I can't wait to see the last two recruits Galloway and Leal at IU. Then hopefully Lander, Kaufman, Furst. The foundation is being built. Improvement is almost inevitable.

Last edited:
Archie may have just signed his 3rd Indiana Mr. BB in a row for 2020 in his first 3 recruiting classes. Inside-Out recruiting is filling the IU roster with fundamental Indiana HS players, including transfer Joey Brunk from Southport HS. The roster now has 4 Bigs that can all actually contribute. Far better than what Crean left behind. And the roster is being built for more consistency with solid 2 to 4 year players which will also improve team chemistry. I can't wait to see the last two recruits Galloway and Leal at IU. Then hopefully Lander, Kaufman, Furst. The foundation is being built. Improvement is almost inevitable.
I completely agree. I think this is the groundwork that Davis, Sampson, and Crean did not do. I expect to begin winning this year, and I see us going to the tournament every year indefinitely.

Archie may have just signed his 3rd Indiana Mr. BB in a row for 2020 in his first 3 recruiting classes. Inside-Out recruiting is filling the IU roster with fundamental Indiana HS players, including transfer Joey Brunk from Southport HS. The roster now has 4 Bigs that can all actually contribute. Far better than what Crean left behind. And the roster is being built for more consistency with solid 2 to 4 year players which will also improve team chemistry. I can't wait to see the last two recruits Galloway and Leal at IU. Then hopefully Lander, Kaufman, Furst. The foundation is being built. Improvement is almost inevitable.
I'll be so happy if we get Furst. Because his games were on the internet I watched quite a few of them last season. I knew ahead of time they were going to destroy Barr Reeve who I was for, and they did.

Reactions: ufo33
I'll be so happy if we get Furst. Because his games were on the internet I watched quite a few of them last season. I knew ahead of time they were going to destroy Barr Reeve who I was for, and they did.
Cool story, bro.

Yes this recruiting and this philosophy of recruiting should insulate us from the crazy ups and downs of the crean years. having solid 4 year players is the best way to be consistently decent. now he needs to sprinkle in a difference making 5 star here and there.

Reactions: ufo33
While I don't disagree with anything you said (and I hope you're right). It's all based on optimism, nothing you stated has translated to the court yet. That's where some of the negativity comes in, when they start winning on a consistent basis then those people will shut up.

People have the right to be a bit critical of the coaching last year as it wasn't very good. Like you stated, Archie is starting to fill out the roster with his type of guys so hopefully that translates to success. I definitely like the kids he's bringing in.

Reactions: cryano and ufo33
Furst is a stud recruiting prospect, he would be a great fit in Archie's system at IU! Furst is very skilled as only a HS Sophomore who is 6'10".

Last edited:
Moderators suck. I like the bitching and fighting as long as it stays on topic.

I don't want a numb positive circle jerk...I want opinions and debate.

Now the individual personal fighting gets tiresome. I don't read three pages of PM and whoever having the same who is a personal dumbass fight.

But when someone says that Archie sucks and isn't calling enough time outs, or recruiting enough five stars, or X is another example of why he's in over his head or Fred Glass is the worst thing to happen to IU in its history....I want to read that, debate it and read the reactions.

A mix of opinions/commentaries are what bring the entertainment of a message board to life.

Moderators suck. I like the bitching and fighting as long as it stays on topic.

I don't want a numb positive circle jerk...I want opinions and debate.

Now the individual personal fighting gets tiresome. I don't read three pages of PM and whoever having the same who is a personal dumbass fight.

But when someone says that Archie sucks and isn't calling enough time outs, or recruiting enough five stars, or X is another example of why he's in over his head or Fred Glass is the worst thing to happen to IU in its history....I want to read that, debate it and read the reactions.

A mix of opinions/commentaries are what bring the entertainment of a message board to life.
Its not just not calling enough timeouts...its not calling timeouts at valuable times...and not coming out of timeout effectively...or starting the game, or coming out of halftime...so basically any time he has to talk to or prepare the team.

It is a bad decision if the model is to allow trolls on here to drive people to pay for a more controlled pay board. I don't want to pay to see if it is better.

Allowing trolls weakens the product. Free antivirus softwares don't allow a few infections through to get you to upgrade. They offer more services based on the confidence that they do a great job on the free stuff and will deliver on the upgrade.

I expect they ban a lot more of the trolls than we know. Still, there are some that are allowed to post. They have their reasons for allowing them. It is their sandbox.

I found a website I like that is respectful and doesn't tolerate name calling. If more people went there, I would be here less.

It is a bad decision if the model is to allow trolls on here to drive people to pay for a more controlled pay board. I don't want to pay to see if it is better.

Allowing trolls weakens the product. Free antivirus softwares don't allow a few infections through to get you to upgrade. They offer more services based on the confidence that they do a great job on the free stuff and will deliver on the upgrade.

I expect they ban a lot more of the trolls than we know. Still, there are some that are allowed to post. They have their reasons for allowing them. It is their sandbox.

I found a website I like that is respectful and doesn't tolerate name calling. If more people went there, I would be here less.
The issue, unfortunately, is that you and a few others have defined “trolls” as anyone who takes a position or has a viewpoint contrary to your own and / or someone whom you deem to be “negative” (a non-cheerleader who believes questioning anything about the program as an act of disloyalty).

The mods do act. The egregious offtopic one-post trolls that "joined today", and their threads, do disappear. And if something else is beyond pale in your opinion, there is the "Report" button. Do more, kvetch less.

whats it called - I may join you there...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT