ADVERTISEMENT

todays presser some reporter asked trump about his approval rating

You’re so full of sh!t you don’t even realize your bias. There was no problem with the question. The problem is lack of leadership. And the more you continue on with your lame arguments the more credibility you lose. #losing
Nah your anger and disdain for the guy color what you see. If you don’t think half the reporters in the room are agenda driven you need a stay in the nervous hospital. Or you’re just dumb? Trump is an ahole. He’s doing an awful job navigating this crisis. These can be truths AND members of the media can be just as low. These things aren’t mutually exclusive. And believe me I don’t have an ounce of bias. I’ve been a pi lawyer most my adult life. Republicans are the sworn enemy of all injury lawyers.

Last edited:
Agreed on all counts. The reporters questions aren’t designed to elicit info, they are politically calculated to get him to look bad and argue. He is too insecure and narcissistic to act presidential and respond appropriately. The combo leads to wasting much of the public’s time.
Here's what you should have posted instead:

"The reporters questions [Trump's answers and other responses] aren’t designed to elicit [provide] info, they are politically calculated to get him to look bad [good] and argue [act like he is a an absolute genius and whoever he is talking to is an absolute idiot]. He is too insecure and narcissistic to act presidential and respond appropriately [so it doesn't matter what questions are asked but I'll criticize reporters anyway.]

Reactions: Digressions
Here's what you should have posted instead:

"The reporters questions [Trump's answers and other responses] aren’t designed to elicit [provide] info, they are politically calculated to get him to look bad [good] and argue [act like he is a an absolute genius and whoever he is talking to is an absolute idiot]. He is too insecure and narcissistic to act presidential and respond appropriately [so it doesn't matter what questions are asked but I'll criticize reporters anyway.]
No again that absolves reporters from having any standards or objectivity. One way street again....

Reactions: Tacoll
Nah your anger and disdain for the guy color what you see. If you don’t think half the reporters in the room are agenda driven you need a stay in the nervous hospital. Or you’re just dumb? Trump is an ahole. He’s doing an awful job navigating this crisis. These can be truths AND members of the media can be just as low. These things aren’t mutually exclusive. And believe me I don’t have an ounce of bias. I’ve been a pi lawyer most my adult life. Republicans are the sworn enemy of all injury lawyers.

There aren't merely half the reporters in the room who are agenda driven. 100% of them are agenda driven because literally everyone is driven by their own personal agenda. However, I think you completely miss the mark with what their agenda is. While there are certainly reporters on both sides who aren't interested in anything other than political spin, the great majority are driven by a ton of other agendas that have precious little to do with the President's election prospects. The fact that you claim that you don't have an ounce of bias (when every human does) shows that you are struggling to understand the room you seek to regulate.

Reactions: Digressions
There aren't merely half the reporters in the room who are agenda driven. 100% of them are agenda driven because literally everyone is driven by their own personal agenda. However, I think you completely miss the mark with what their agenda is. While there are certainly reporters on both sides who aren't interested in anything other than political spin, the great majority are driven by a ton of other agendas that have precious little to do with the President's election prospects. The fact that you claim that you don't have an ounce of bias (when every human does) shows that you are struggling to understand the room you seek to regulate.
The lion’s share of their personal agendas are dictated by who signs their checks or what base they pander to. That’s become patent. On both sides of the ledger. This sensational media has become an industry in and of itself. That Rush received a medal for it is loathsome. It’s tantamount to honoring the first lawyer to advertise.

You again show your lack of interpretation skills. No anger here. You keep digging the hole deeper.

You again show your lack of interpretation skills. No anger here. You keep digging the hole deeper.
Nah you just lack the depth to understand that matters are rarely one-sided; or you just see so much red you see little else.... Don't let anger make you so judgmental that you lose the ability to discern. It's not good for your blood pressure.

Here is the link to the press conference in question. While you're watching it, remember almost a month prior, Senators that were in a closed door meeting, began dumping their investments. That is not the tone I get from the press conference. So either the President was misrepresenting the dangers to the American people, or he was misinformed and inept.

I hope we get to see how the Trump/Kushner families portfolios performed over the last few months. That may shed some light on the lying vs ineptitude debate.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?46974...e-president-pence-charge-coronavirus-response

The president didn’t realize the scope of the problem and said things that are only proven untrue in hindsight. I didn’t see where he said zero cases.

That was yesterday.
I tend to agree. Frankly, I'm ready to reset with Trump to an extent. I've been as critical as anyone of him. But these are new, different times. We can debate his response early on with this crisis, but frankly, what matters is now forward. He's seeming more serious and focused (other than his attacks on the media). It's time now for everyone to pull together and get through this thing, and he seems to have that spirit which I appreciate. I'm giving him some slack.

Going forward he needs to maintain a focused, serious tone and lead the country through this. Maybe he can. He has no choice, if he's up to it. We'll soon see.

The president didn’t realize the scope of the problem and said things that are only proven untrue in hindsight. I didn’t see where he said zero cases.
He said “zero or close to zero”. Either is a gross misstatement of what the intelligence briefings were telling him (oops, that was probably a false assumption that he read the briefings)

I tend to agree. Frankly, I'm ready to reset with Trump to an extent. I've been as critical as anyone of him. But these are new, different times. We can debate his response early on with this crisis, but frankly, what matters is now forward. He's seeming more serious and focused (other than his attacks on the media). It's time now for everyone to pull together and get through this thing, and he seems to have that spirit which I appreciate. I'm giving him some slack...
Kudos for your pollyanna optimism. Trump’s a clueless buffoon, but yeah...

I hear ya. But we have what we have...
Just not how I see it. We have to carry on despite Trump. He’s behaved twice in two days before.

In short, we do the opposite of Murty. Listen to everyone but Trump. Do what we know is right. Then we’ll be fine.

Just not how I see it. We have to carry on despite Trump. He’s behaved twice in two days before.

In short, we do the opposite of Murty. Listen to everyone but Trump. Do what we know is right. Then we’ll be fine.
So what else can we do? Impeachment didn't remove him - he's POTUS - we have to ride this out with him. I'm seeing a change in tone from him. I've been watching his daily pressers. He seems more serious and engaged and focused. That's a good thing. I'm not saying he's on top of everything, but he does clearly recognize the times we're in. I'm hoping for him to do the best job he can, whatever that is. That's all we've got.

Edit: That and the Governors doing what their doing, which cannot be understated. The State's response to this is key.

So what else can we do? Impeachment didn't remove him - he's POTUS - we have to ride this out with him. I'm seeing a change in tone from him. I've been watching his daily pressers. He seems more serious and engaged and focused. That's a good thing. I'm not saying he's on top of everything, but he does clearly recognize the times we're in. I'm hoping for him to do the best job he can, whatever that is. That's all we've got.
I’m saying ignore him. No one needs him. You’re trusting him to continue being serious and engaged but there’s no evidence from his past he will. Waste of time and energy.

We already know what to do. Congress will di something, Trump will rubber-stamp it. Move on.

Theoretically the one thing we really could do is put Trump on ignore. He’d go insane. Maybe within a week.

Reactions: Bill4411
I’m saying ignore him. No one needs him. You’re trusting him to continue being serious and engaged but there’s no evidence from his past he will. Waste of time and energy.

We already know what to do. Congress will di something, Trump will rubber-stamp it. Move on.

Theoretically the one thing we really could do is put Trump on ignore. He’d go insane. Maybe within a week.
I don't disagree with any of that. However, he is POTUS and he does have massive executive powers in a time like this. If he decides to do something, he can. We need him to be on point. I'm hoping he will be.

He said “zero or close to zero”. Either is a gross misstatement of what the intelligence briefings were telling him (oops, that was probably a false assumption that he read the briefings)

A word search shows one "zero" and that is with reference to interest rates.

Or we can not have the temperament of a 12 year old and listen to everyone and decide for ourselves. That’s what adults do.

For what is worth, today's presser was peaceful Everyone was on good behavior and lots of good info came from the experts.

That was a good presser. I think it's worthwhile for him or somebody to call out the press for its unnecessary inflammatory comments. That is of no help and ought to be saved for later debate. The disappointment was palpable in the reporters face with Trump's excellent response to the question about employing war time production powers.

He was given multiple warnings of the scope and he chose to ignore them . Probably because his hunches are always better than the scientists and medical personnel.

I tend to agree. Frankly, I'm ready to reset with Trump to an extent. I've been as critical as anyone of him. But these are new, different times. We can debate his response early on with this crisis, but frankly, what matters is now forward. He's seeming more serious and focused (other than his attacks on the media). It's time now for everyone to pull together and get through this thing, and he seems to have that spirit which I appreciate. I'm giving him some slack.

Going forward he needs to maintain a focused, serious tone and lead the country through this. Maybe he can. He has no choice, if he's up to it. We'll soon see.
You don’t follow him on twitter, do you? But no, he hasn’t really changed and if you watched yesterday you know that. He called Biden Sleepy Joe in the press conference. Dr. Fauci has to step in again when he was talking about the cure they are working on. Good for you for being optimistic, but he’s 73 years old. He’s not changing a damn thing.

Reactions: iuwclurker
This whole debate about who to believe is pretty silly in my book.

Where is it written that we should all believe in an elected president or the so-called free press?

As individuals in the U.S. we are born with the God given right to reject or accept the opinions and information delivered to us by any elected president or by the media.

That was a good presser. I think it's worthwhile for him or somebody to call out the press for its unnecessary inflammatory comments. That is of no help and ought to be saved for later debate. The disappointment was palpable in the reporters face with Trump's excellent response to the question about employing war time production powers.
Oh another mind reader, or body language expert? Lol.

Reactions: iuwclurker
You don’t follow him on twitter, do you? But no, he hasn’t really changed and if you watched yesterday you know that. He called Biden Sleepy Joe in the press conference. Dr. Fauci has to step in again when he was talking about the cure they are working on. Good for you for being optimistic, but he’s 73 years old. He’s not changing a damn thing.
No, I admit that I don't follow him on Twitter. Twitter is too much for me, I don't really use it.

I'm trying to be optimistic because to be otherwise is too overwhelming for me right now.

This whole debate about who to believe is pretty silly in my book.

Where is it written that we should all believe in an elected president or the so-called free press?

As individuals in the U.S. we are born with the God given right to reject or accept the opinions and information delivered to us by any elected president or by the media.
Absolutely. I never intended for this to create a debate/argument. my sole point that obviously missed it's mark with some is that none of us benefit from the patently inflammatory, antagonistic questions from the media that serve no purpose other than to start an argument. The rub is that others don't view those same questions as argumentative. I do. It's just a difference of opinion. It's a shame that we've become so disrespectful as a people of other's opinions. The second someone disagrees it's just insane attack mode.

No, I admit that I don't follow him on Twitter. Twitter is too much for me, I don't really use it.

I'm trying to be optimistic because to be otherwise is too overwhelming for me right now.
Relax. We’re doing pretty well considering tge leadership void. Americans are tough and will do the right thing. Unfortunate are our children with the new $2T.

Reactions: Cream&Crimson
Love how he looks around to see who is laughing at his stupid little joke. The worst possible scenario....we almost made it out of his four years without a major tragedy, but this one, and his lying, covering up to protect his numbers, and lack of preparedness is going to reap consequences on this US and economy for quite some time. It’s going to force small businesses out, put people out of work, and oh yeah, kill people. Great job, 63 million of you for electing a clown!
Did you go some place for spring break?

He was given multiple warnings of the scope and he chose to ignore them . Probably because his hunches are always better than the scientists and medical personnel.

instead if posting your usual BS, perhaps you can tell us how much better off we would be right now if Trump did what you think he should have done. The presser we are talking about was almost a month after he stopped travel from China, for which he was criticized, and after the professionals on the task force were on the job.

The lion’s share of their personal agendas are dictated by who signs their checks or what base they pander to. That’s become patent.

While I'm sure that you are an ace when it comes to practicing law, I'm not very convinced that you really understand media all that well.

instead if posting your usual BS, perhaps you can tell us how much better off we would be right now if Trump did what you think he should have done. The presser we are talking about was almost a month after he stopped travel from China, for which he was criticized, and after the professionals on the task force were on the job.
How is it BS when she’s quoting Trump more or less verbatim?

Note to the clueless: The travel ban on China was relatively trivial in the grand scheme of the corona pandemic.

LOL admittedly i do not. only as a spectator.

Actually you are more correct than you think. There are very few Journalists these days. Today's reporters and certainly show hosts such as Carlson, O'Reilly, Maddow, Cooper and Hayes are simply entertainers pandering to an audience.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT