ADVERTISEMENT

todays presser some reporter asked trump about his approval rating

Speaking of propaganda efforts, how are you gonna pack the 11,780 current US victims into that tiny gym you were crowing about last week?

Now it's over 18,000 so Assembly Hall is out. Banker's Life holds 20k, so that'll do for few more hours before we need to start putting them in football stadiums. ND Stadium is the state's biggest, but once we're over 80k (I'd guess about a week from now), the Indianapolis Speedway is our last stop. After that I guess we'll resort to cornfields.

I breathlessly await your next post where you commend the President for his commendable work calling for Barack Obama's birth certificate as a brilliant way to fight against the insidious propaganda spread by 9-11 Truthers. :rolleyes:
Actually, I thought Trump was much more persuasive when he torpedoed Ted Cruz's campaign by citing The National Inquirer story about Cruz's father and Lee Harvey Oswald.

LOL. That's because you weren't with me when I watched this morning's presser. He is just being Trump with his use of that word now. It's distracting.

That being said, there shouldn't be an issue with calling this virus "Wuhan" virus or other place name. I read a suggestion calling it "CCP Virus" after the Chines Communist Party.

Lagoda already mentioned place names with illnesses. I'd add Hanta, West Nile, Lyme, Rocky Mountain, as names of viruses and other diseases named for where they originated.

Moreover, this virus is a planet changing event. The evidence and studies are suggesting that a large part of the reason is the deliberate indifference, dishonesty, and blundering incompetence of the Chinese health and political authorities. The whole world and all of the people on it are paying a high price for what China did. I know many here are all about accountability. Now isn't the time for the world to have this discussion, but I don't think it's unreasonable to have a permanent reminder of who and what was responsible.

Long term, I think China is now toast as a world economic and political power. Companies and the public are going invest in factories elsewhere and will come to understand that there is more to thriving commerce and business than cheaper widgets made in China.
Do you agree that it appears China covered up and/or downplayed the initial outbreak for at least a couple weeks, during which travelers were permitted to enter and leave the infected area?

Watching today's presser and i can say that the journalists who have the temerity to repeatedly ask "what message are you sending the world when you berate a reporter" are more despicable than trump. we're trying to get information and they rudely, repeatedly interrupt to garner sensational soundbites. unreal.
Trump provides unlimited "sensational soundbites" all by himself. Posing like you are just trying to "get information" is 1 million percent inconsistent with listening to Trump in the first place.

Trump does not orchestrate these press conferences to provide valuable information to America or to reassure Americans about the current crisis. Instead, he conducts these press conferences just to boost his own ego, and we all know he interrupts his own presentation and wastes time by attacking anyone and everyone (embellished with lying, as needed) when he senses that the other participants are not contributing to his ego inflation.

What would you do, Mr. Expert, to get Trump to have a press conference in which he focused on providing valuable information instead of jacking off his ego?

Exactly. Those “What would say to . . . “ questions are simply another version of a “Some say . . . “ questions. They are bad questions, bad journalism, and are not designed to obtain important information. I also heard the exchange you referred to and I think the reporter was talking about himself.
Wow. You're infinitely onesided when you criticize "some say" statements you don't like.

What do you have to say in defense of the following "some say" statements from you know who?

"“I’ve heard very quick numbers — a matter of months — and I’ve heard pretty much a year would be an outside number. So I think that’s not a bad — that’s not a bad range. But if you’re talking about three to four months, in a couple of cases, and a year in other cases — wouldn’t you say, doctor, would that be about right?”

Trump does this all the time, claims he "heard" something that supports his position. Apparently, you think it's OK when he does it.

Reactions: Bill4411
“Trump peddles unsubstantiated hope in dark times”

Another gem. This time from CNN under the guise of “analysis”.

Wow. You're infinitely onesided when you criticize "some say" statements you don't like.

What do you have to say in defense of the following "some say" statements from you know who?

"“I’ve heard very quick numbers — a matter of months — and I’ve heard pretty much a year would be an outside number. So I think that’s not a bad — that’s not a bad range. But if you’re talking about three to four months, in a couple of cases, and a year in other cases — wouldn’t you say, doctor, would that be about right?”

Trump does this all the time, claims he "heard" something that supports his position. Apparently, you think it's OK when he does it.

I have never criticized “some say” statements.

Nuance!

“Trump peddles unsubstantiated hope in dark times”

Another gem. This time from CNN under the guise of “analysis”.
“Swabs are in abundance States can get them” says Pres
LA got 100 today - just the facts

What are the real names of Ebola and Spanish Flu? Is it racist to use the name of the Ebola River for common identification of a disease that started there?

The only racist function in this event is the left's desperate attempt to attack everything Trump. You people have now fallen in with the Chinese. Be their bedfellow. Make their excuses for them. Be part of the Chinese propaganda effort.
Why did he change the name then? By the time Trump called it "Chinese virus," the world has adopted and been calling it "coronavirus." Trump, the latecomer, decided to change the name to suit his purpose. Anybody who has an IQ over 50 or a non-racist would understand the purpose of the change.

Trump provides unlimited "sensational soundbites" all by himself. Posing like you are just trying to "get information" is 1 million percent inconsistent with listening to Trump in the first place.

Trump does not orchestrate these press conferences to provide valuable information to America or to reassure Americans about the current crisis. Instead, he conducts these press conferences just to boost his own ego, and we all know he interrupts his own presentation and wastes time by attacking anyone and everyone (embellished with lying, as needed) when he senses that the other participants are not contributing to his ego inflation.

What would you do, Mr. Expert, to get Trump to have a press conference in which he focused on providing valuable information instead of jacking off his ego?
Relax. Deep breaths. The president of the US and all the other speakers today are indeed a source of information - no one said I or anyone else views them as the sole source. I want to hear what they say; I can vet the veracity of it myself. I nor anyone else need instigators who are there solely to create a fight - and if you are so jaded in your political bent to not see a portion of the press is there solely for gotcha moments and disruption you’re blind. Criticizing the press isn’t condoning trump....

Relax. Deep breaths. The president of the US and all the other speakers today are indeed a source of information - no one said I or anyone else views them as the sole source. I want to hear what they say; I can vet the veracity of it myself. I nor anyone else need instigators who are there solely to create a fight - and if you are so jaded in your political bent to not see a portion of the press is there solely for gotcha moments and disruption you’re blind. Criticizing the press isn’t condoning trump....

That's interesting, mcmurtry. You are able to wade through the ineffective presenters of information, but you are unable to wade through the ineffective seekers of information. I'm interested in just having effective presenters and seekers.

If you don't need instigators who are there solely to create a fight, you should hold the ineffective presenters of information to the same standard that you wish to hold the ineffective seekers of information.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Our president isn't a complicated fellow. He also likes to name people and things in a self fulfilling way.

So referring to Covid19 as the Chinese Virus serves Trump in two ways.

First, he may have actually forgotten what complicated science may have labelled the virus.

Secondly, consistent with thinking anti China rhetoric has political benefits, calling the virus as the Chinese Virus works for him.

What a guy.

That's interesting, mcmurtry. You are able to wade through the ineffective presenters of information, but you are unable to wade through the ineffective seekers of information. I'm interested in just having effective presenters and seekers.

If you don't need instigators who are there solely to create a fight, you should hold the ineffective presenters of information to the same standard that you wish to hold the ineffective seekers of information.

I'm interested in just having effective presenters and seekers.

i can hold the ineffective presenter accountable with my vote. And if my vote doesn’t carry the day that’s life. I can’t hold the press accountable. And more and more there appears to be no decorum among the press and apparently no way to thwart their lousy behavior or hold them accountable. The lack of standards in behavior has not only become acceptable but encouraged. Trump will be out soon enough - the press won’t change; it’ll just switch sides and songs.

I'm interested in just having effective presenters and seekers.

i can hold the ineffective presenter accountable with my vote. And if my vote doesn’t carry the day that’s life. I can’t hold the press accountable. And more and more there appears to be no decorum among the press and apparently no way to thwart their lousy behavior or hold them accountable. The lack of standards in behavior has not only become acceptable but encouraged. Trump will be out soon enough - the press won’t change; it’ll just switch sides and songs.

The press is no different than any other entity. You cast your vote by consuming or not consuming what they publish. The media is like any other capitalistic enterprise. It offers what sells. And in the same way that you expressed that 40% of the population want to hear what the President bloviates, I'd wager that a similar percentage want to see the President confronted for what they see as egregious behavior on his part. So, if you're okay with your vote not carrying the day for one, I'd humbly suggest you should be okay with your vote not carrying the day with the other.

Serious jobs for serious people led by an unserious man-child. Elections have consequences.

If America manages to reelect this cretin, its really are bereft of all hope.

Reactions: Circlejoe
Besides the exchange with Alexander, Trump also was asked about not having enough tests and people that are ill are not able to get tested. Trump said he hadn’t heard anything about that. Good heavens, I’m not sure why they even cover the lies. These press conferences should be the medical people only.

Reactions: largemouth
Besides the exchange with Alexander, Trump also was asked about not having enough tests and people that are ill are not able to get tested. Trump said he hadn’t heard anything about that. Good heavens, I’m not sure why they even cover the lies. These press conferences should be the medical people only.

John G Trump was a doctor of sorts. So his nephew will be pretty good at this stuff too. No fear.

#Gudjeans

Reactions: zeke4ahs
I can only guess what is being said on the other side, but let us recall 2001. Bush did not tell reporters asking about the safety of flying that those were "nasty" questions. Part of the job of the president is to educatem. Some people are scared. That is a fact. Why do some people think reporters need to ignore that.

Where have you gone Bush 43, our nation turns its lonely eyes to you. In fact, until he invaded Iraq, 43 did an outstanding job.
It's incredible that we've reached the point where the reason shown by Bush 43 has become COMMIE LIBERAL MSM BULLSHIT to the party Bush 43 belonged to.

It's incredible that we've reached the point where the reason shown by Bush 43 has become COMMIE LIBERAL MSM BULLSHIT to the party Bush 43 belonged to.

I do not get it at all, "some people are afraid, what message do you have for them" IS A SOFTBALL QUESTION. He should want that question asked, if it was not asked by someone else the friendly Fox Reporter should have been asked to ask it.

How can anyone have a problem with it. Again, variations of that question around flying where asked after 911. And asked after Katrina. People are hoarding food and guns, sure signs of fear, even panic.

Bush's response after 911 was pretty perfect. There are moments Trump is presidential. But he succumbs to his dark side in these other moments. He needs to make his brief statement and then get off the stage. Does anyone really give a damn about his assessment on whether a drug will work? He is taking up more screen time than all his experts combined. Show up and be presidential and leave because of an important conference call.

A question sure to be asked today, why did most states including the hotspots, get a fraction of their request for emergency equipment while Florida got 100%. Someone should ask the Florida Governor why they put in such a large request AND let Spring Break continue uninterrupted.

ProPublica link

A question sure to be asked today, why did most states including the hotspots, get a fraction of their request for emergency equipment while Florida got 100%. Someone should ask the Florida Governor why they put in such a large request AND let Spring Break continue uninterrupted.

ProPublica link
Dumb question on the 100% since the article explains the rationale. To me the pressing question is where id Trump’s leadership in getting factories to produce the needed equipment? We clearly need a WWII-like reorganization and someone from above needs to coordinate it.

Trump bragged about getting companies to stop offshoring production. Great, exercise your immense skills, guy. This dufalot continues to sleep at the wheel. This is another golden opportunity to swing the election back to him. Heaven’s clearly on his side. :rolleyes:

Dumb question on the 100% since the article explains the rationale. To me the pressing question is where id Trump’s leadership in getting factories to produce the needed equipment? We clearly need a WWII-like reorganization and someone from above needs to coordinate it.

Trump bragged about getting companies to stop offshoring production. Great, exercise your immense skills, guy. This dufalot continues to sleep at the wheel. This is another golden opportunity to swing the election back to him. Heaven’s clearly on his side. :rolleyes:

Maybe I have missed it, what was the reason Florida got 100% and other states 5%?

I do not get it at all, "some people are afraid, what message do you have for them" IS A SOFTBALL QUESTION. He should want that question asked, if it was not asked by someone else the friendly Fox Reporter should have been asked to ask it.

How can anyone have a problem with it. Again, variations of that question around flying where asked after 911. And asked after Katrina. People are hoarding food and guns, sure signs of fear, even panic.

Bush's response after 911 was pretty perfect. There are moments Trump is presidential. But he succumbs to his dark side in these other moments. He needs to make his brief statement and then get off the stage. Does anyone really give a damn about his assessment on whether a drug will work? He is taking up more screen time than all his experts combined. Show up and be presidential and leave because of an important conference call.
The question cited above wasn’t the one that triggered trump. The question that triggered wasn’t about the public being scared it was about whether trump provides false hope and false optimism. How is he supposed to answer that other than to say he is Ian optimistic guy which he said. The question was designed to elicit a fight. Trump is a piece of sh&t. We all know that. That fact doesn’t justify a subset of reporters whose objective is to incite him. And to believe otherwise is to allow your hatred of trump to mask the reality of their behavior.

Reactions: Tacoll
The Fox news effect. Millions of Americans don't follow policy, but they follow Fox news. Liberalism is described, defined, explained, scapegoated, ect. ad nauseam. In the mind of the Fox viewer, this eliminates any alternative to the "conservative" policy.

But what happened when conservative policies failed, and liberals were obviously not in power to be blamed? Well, those conservative leaders weren't conservative enough. This is how conservatives, become neo conservatives, become tea partiers, become freedom caucus', and on and on. When 43's economy collapsed- if you'll recall- he became, "not a true conservative".

Free trade, ACA, Iraq war, austerity, ect. were all conservative propositions. Now we have Trump. All that remains is flag hugging, gun toting, bible thumping, and tax cuts for the rich. Oh, and government bashing...even when it's a "conservative" government.

Reactions: Bill4411
Just admit you made a mistake voting for him. #FreeCOH
The sad thing is, he still doesn’t think so. The economy is going to absolutely tank, so all those people bragging about their portfolios won’t even have that to fall back on. But never fear. They will come up with something else. It’s what cult members do.

Why do you want to hear what Trump says when you know it’s mostly lies. I’d be willing to bet Dr.,Fauci would prefer he not be there.,

Maybe I have missed it, what was the reason Florida got 100% and other states 5%?
Apportioning of 25% of the reserve was done based on state population. Florida requested a very small amount, so their portion was “100%” of their request. Other states asked for far more and thus only got “5%.” Since Florida has upped its request but hasn’t been serviced.

Why do you want to hear what Trump says when you know it’s mostly lies. I’d be willing to bet Dr.,Fauci would prefer he not be there.,
He’s still the president. I want to hear him. And yes I obviously want to hear the doctor infinitely more.

The question cited above wasn’t the one that triggered trump. The question that triggered wasn’t about the public being scared it was about whether trump provides false hope and false optimism. How is he supposed to answer that other than to say he is Ian optimistic guy which he said. The question was designed to elicit a fight. Trump is a piece of sh&t. We all know that. That fact doesn’t justify a subset of reporters whose objective is to incite him. And to believe otherwise is to allow your hatred of trump to mask the reality of their behavior.
A couple of weeks ago Trump said we had 15 cases and it would go down, and soon become zero. A week later, the governor of Ohio(which had 35 documented cases) said, he could have 100k infected people inside his state.

How do you reconcile these two statements? Both may have been false, but which one leads to the most desirable outcome? I guess it depends on what outcome is desired.

Asking the leader of the free world, why he lies, could be a useful endeavor. It could shame the leader into not lying so much, or it could educate people who don't realize he lies so much. To me, it's a fair topic.

Reactions: largemouth
Serious jobs for serious people led by an unserious man-child. Elections have consequences.

If America manages to reelect this cretin, its really are bereft of all hope.
Love how he looks around to see who is laughing at his stupid little joke. The worst possible scenario....we almost made it out of his four years without a major tragedy, but this one, and his lying, covering up to protect his numbers, and lack of preparedness is going to reap consequences on this US and economy for quite some time. It’s going to force small businesses out, put people out of work, and oh yeah, kill people. Great job, 63 million of you for electing a clown!

Reactions: sglowrider
Love how he looks around to see who is laughing at his stupid little joke. The worst possible scenario....we almost made it out of his four years without a major tragedy, but this one, and his lying, covering up to protect his numbers, and lack of preparedness is going to reap consequences on this US and economy for quite some time. It’s going to force small businesses out, put people out of work, and oh yeah, kill people. Great job, 63 million of you for electing a clown!
A couple of weeks ago Trump said we had 15 cases and it would go down, and soon become zero. A week later, the governor of Ohio(which had 35 documented cases) said, he could have 100k infected people inside his state.

How do you reconcile these two statements? Both may have been false, but which one leads to the most desirable outcome? I guess it depends on what outcome is desired.

Asking the leader of the free world, why he lies, could be a useful endeavor. It could shame the leader into not lying so much, or it could educate people who don't realize he lies so much. To me, it's a fair topic.
Matter of opinion. To me it’s simply argumentative. What’s more it’s offensive. It presupposes we need this reporter to be the arbiter of truth and we are too stupid to vet trump ourselves.

Why do you want to hear what Trump says when you know it’s mostly lies.

Lies arn't the same thing as opinions or predictions about future data or events. To be dismissive of differences of opinions because you belive them to be lies is its own form of dishonesty.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
He’s still the president. I want to hear him. And yes I obviously want to hear the doctor infinitely more.
You do hear him. No question ever stopped him from saying what he wants to say. And you know this full well.

You claim your independence from him but your posting actions here tell a different story.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT