ADVERTISEMENT

This is what Trump said to his supporters that spurred them to invade The Capitol.

DrHoops

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2001

Just moments before hundreds of his supporters stormed the Capitol and interrupted a step in the peaceful transfer of power to a new administration, President Donald Trump gave them an order.​
“Let’s walk down Pennsylvania Avenue,” he told the mob in front of him, concluding his speech right around 1:10 p.m. ET.​
Some had anticipated the charge: Five minutes earlier, a Washington Post reporter stationed at the other end of Pennsylvania Avenue from Trump noted supporters of his “charging toward the Capitol steps,” struggling to get past police and breach the building.​
The crowd grew. The police line broke. Trump’s forces entered the legislature.​
But it wasn’t just a single command from Trump that resulted in the siege of the Capitol. He spent his entire speech working the crowd into a froth, urging their presence at the legislature to give “weak” Republicans in Congress “the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country.”​
“We’re going to walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and -women, and we’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them,” Trump told the crowd a few minutes after noon.​
“I’ll be there with you,” he noted, sending supporters in a frenzy. “We’re never going to take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong.”​
It was clear who the enemy was: Trump called out members of Congress and the vice president by name, over and over, taking his time to explain to the crowd that the legislators’ choice to certify Biden’s victory would stick with them for life — for “eternity,” as he put it.​
“Right over there — right there! — we see an event, going to take place, and I’m going to be watching, because history is going to be made,” Trump said. “We’re going to see whether or not we have great and courageous leaders, or whether we have leaders that should be ashamed of themselves throughout history.”​
One of the “weak Republicans” who’d accepted the election results, Sen. Mitt Romney (R-UT), would be locked in a secure location in the Capitol within a couple hours.​
“I wonder if he enjoyed his flight in last night,” Trump said of the senator. (Romney was harassed on his flight to Washington, D.C. Tuesday.)​
“When Romney got beat, he stands up like, ‘I’d like to congratulate the victor,’” Trump joked, attempting a stodgy Romney accent recalling his 2012 presidential loss.​
“I don’t know, who’s the victor, Mitt?” the President seethed.​
Trump moved on, his speech sometimes rambling between written remarks about policy and ad-libbing about his fate.​
America’s elections used to be respected the world over, Trump said. Unfortunately, though, his loss meant that was no longer the case: “You know what the world says about us now? They say we don’t have free and fair elections.”​
The President turned up the temperature, comparing his base of supporters to a fighter with his hands tied behind his back.​
“We want to be so nice,” he said. “We want to be so respectful of everybody, including bad people, and we’re going to have to fight much harder.”​
Then, he turned his focus to Vice President Mike Pence.​
After the Capitol had been breached, the New York Times’ Maggie Haberman reported that Trump had been in touch with the vice president before his White House speech. Pence had told Trump, Haberman reported, that he did not have the power to throw out the election results as Trump wanted. Trump was reportedly furious at this.​
But he didn’t let on that he knew what the vice president would do.

“Mike Pence is going to have to come through for us, and if he doesn’t, that would be a sad day for our country,” he said. “Because you’re sworn to uphold the Constitution.”​
The President let slip an inadvertent truth, as his supporters revved their engines and eyed the legislature.​
“Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy,” he said.​

It really is treason. Trump needs to be forcefully removed immediately. Pence can finish out Trump's 2 weeks.

I love how he told them that "WE'RE" going to march to the Capitol and that he'd be right there with him.

There was never a moment where he considered joining that group on the walk to the Capitol. He likes revving them up, but he never in a million years actually wants to rub shoulders or in any way associate with them.

I love how he told them that "WE'RE" going to march to the Capitol and that he'd be right there with him.

There was never a moment where he considered joining that group on the walk to the Capitol. He likes revving them up, but he never in a million years actually wants to rub shoulders or in any way associate with them.
And they fall for it, hook, line and sinker every time.

He's a very sick man.

C'mon man, the bone spurs were acting up.

And they fall for it, hook, line and sinker every time.

I think Shaun King hits the nail on the head as to why:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I need to say the hard thing about Trump&#39;s most devout supporters - from those who stormed the Capitol to those who refuse to wear masks.<br><br>I don&#39;t say this lightly.<br>It&#39;s the elephant in the room.<br><br>They&#39;re just so damn dumb.<br>Uneducated.<br>Gullible.<br>Easily misinformed.<br>And dangerous.</p>&mdash; Shaun King (@shaunking) <a href="">January 7, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reactions: cosmickid

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I need to say the hard thing about Trump&#39;s most devout supporters - from those who stormed the Capitol to those who refuse to wear masks.<br><br>I don&#39;t say this lightly.<br>It&#39;s the elephant in the room.<br><br>They&#39;re just so damn dumb.<br>Uneducated.<br>Gullible.<br>Easily misinformed.<br>And dangerous.</p>&mdash; Shaun King (@shaunking) <a href=" ">January 7, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Agreed. There is plenty of that at the fringes on both sides of the political spectrum.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I need to say the hard thing about Trump&#39;s most devout supporters - from those who stormed the Capitol to those who refuse to wear masks.<br><br>I don&#39;t say this lightly.<br>It&#39;s the elephant in the room.<br><br>They&#39;re just so damn dumb.<br>Uneducated.<br>Gullible.<br>Easily misinformed.<br>And dangerous.</p>&mdash; Shaun King (@shaunking) <a href=" ">January 7, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I do think it's a cult. Think about this for a moment. There is a large percentage of the US population who think there are CANIBAL LIZARD PEOPLE who are PEDOPHILES, led by the Clintons (naturally), Obama, and George Soros who are running the country...and that Trump will be the savior! It would be funny if these crazy nuts weren't so dangerous and heavily armed.

There is no reasoning with these people. They've gone off the cliff.

But less because they’re disgusting and more because he’s just a pure unadulterated chickenshit.

I think he's like a stalker or a malignant narcissist (maybe they are sort of the same) where if he can't have it, no one can. He's ready to burn it to the ground in his wake.

But less because they’re disgusting and more because he’s just a pure unadulterated chickenshit.

Reactions: iuwclurker

I heard he was going to plop his fat ass into a golf cart and ride up PA with the mob - but they told him he couldn't drive onto the green. Plus, he thought about all those steps up to the Capitol and said "fvck it, I'm just going to stay here and gobble a Big Mac and diet coke.'

I heard he was going to plop his fat ass into a golf cart and ride up PA with the mob - but they told him he couldn't drive onto the green. Plus, he thought about all those steps up to the Capitol and said "fvck it, I'm just going to stay here and gobble a Big Mac and diet coke.'

Hahahaha!!!

Just moments before hundreds of his supporters stormed the Capitol and interrupted a step in the peaceful transfer of power to a new administration, President Donald Trump gave them an order.​
“Let’s walk down Pennsylvania Avenue,” he told the mob in front of him, concluding his speech right around 1:10 p.m. ET.​
Some had anticipated the charge: Five minutes earlier, a Washington Post reporter stationed at the other end of Pennsylvania Avenue from Trump noted supporters of his “charging toward the Capitol steps,” struggling to get past police and breach the building.​
But it wasn’t just a single command from Trump that resulted in the siege of the Capitol. He spent his entire speech working the crowd into a froth, urging their presence at the legislature to give “weak” Republicans in Congress “the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country.”​
“We’re going to walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and -women, and we’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them,” Trump told the crowd a few minutes after noon.​
“I’ll be there with you,” he noted, sending supporters in a frenzy. “We’re never going to take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong.”​
It was clear who the enemy was: Trump called out members of Congress and the vice president by name, over and over, taking his time to explain to the crowd that the legislators’ choice to certify Biden’s victory would stick with them for life — for “eternity,” as he put it.​
“Right over there — right there! — we see an event, going to take place, and I’m going to be watching, because history is going to be made,” Trump said. “We’re going to see whether or not we have great and courageous leaders, or whether we have leaders that should be ashamed of themselves throughout history.”​
One of the “weak Republicans” who’d accepted the election results, Sen. Mitt Romney (R-UT), would be locked in a secure location in the Capitol within a couple hours.​
“I wonder if he enjoyed his flight in last night,” Trump said of the senator. (Romney was harassed on his flight to Washington, D.C. Tuesday.)​
“When Romney got beat, he stands up like, ‘I’d like to congratulate the victor,’” Trump joked, attempting a stodgy Romney accent recalling his 2012 presidential loss.​
Trump moved on, his speech sometimes rambling between written remarks about policy and ad-libbing about his fate.​
America’s elections used to be respected the world over, Trump said. Unfortunately, though, his loss meant that was no longer the case: “You know what the world says about us now? They say we don’t have free and fair elections.”​
The President turned up the temperature, comparing his base of supporters to a fighter with his hands tied behind his back.​
“We want to be so nice,” he said. “We want to be so respectful of everybody, including bad people, and we’re going to have to fight much harder.”​
After the Capitol had been breached, the New York Times’ Maggie Haberman reported that Trump had been in touch with the vice president before his White House speech. Pence had told Trump, Haberman reported, that he did not have the power to throw out the election results as Trump wanted. Trump was reportedly furious at this.​
But he didn’t let on that he knew what the vice president would do.​
“Mike Pence is going to have to come through for us, and if he doesn’t, that would be a sad day for our country,” he said. “Because you’re sworn to uphold the Constitution.”​
The President let slip an inadvertent truth, as his supporters revved their engines and eyed the legislature.​
“Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy,” he said.​

It really is treason. Trump needs to be forcefully removed immediately. Pence can finish out Trump's 2 weeks.
We have a process for removing a President. It's called impeachment.

Go for it........ Call your congressman/women/person and tell them to whip their caucus. And what exactly is that gonna accomplish? He's out in 12 days.

But he didn’t let on that he knew what the vice president would do.​

I was actually working and about 2 hours behind the "real time" events. But - truth be told - I wouldn't have watched it anyway. So my reaction to that article is:

THAT's all?

The part about cheering and respect - was that misspelled?

Where was the "go inside and break stuff" part?

I was assured Trump has "incited a riot" and "called for a coup."

Surely there was more.

If that language is thorough and accurate, then (1) anybody who heard "I'm supposed to go get violent at the Capitol" was stupid and/or predisposed to go be violent and looking for a reason, and (2) their stupidity was exceeded only by anybody who believed there was a real coup underway.

Note to the stupid - a coup would be when the military takes over the civilian government. A protest-turned-violent is not a coup. Try to stop being stupid. Open a history book now and then.

Speaking of history - remember the people who cried all the way home from the sectional, which they lost by 30, claiming the refs screwed them? We used to laugh them off the playground. They'd call fouls and tehn take their ball and go home and tell Mommy. But with Twitter, they don't have to even COME to the playground. They sit home and whine aboput how IF THEY HAD GONE to the playground, they'd have taken their ball home to Mommy by now.

History is going to teach us that THOOSE POINDEXTERS are now the hateful folks on both extremes of the political spectrum who have destroyed the last best hope for man on earth with toxic vigilante partisanship.

I hope both sides kill each other down to the last man - and the rest of us decent people will put that one that is left standing in a jail cell on a courthouse square, and live our lives in peace again.

Coup my ass.

A pox on both your houses.

Reactions: FamousShoes22

Go for it........ Call your congressman/women/person and tell them to whip their caucus. And what exactly is that gonna accomplish? He's out in 12 days.
Yep, I was right . . . Ladoga in yet another form.

Uh, I think it will also disqualify him from holding other federal offices. Maybe you should care about that.

Dude, you're fracking clueless. That guy must live rent free in your mind. You've got projection issues.
*snicker*

You've never denied my identification of you as Ladoga. Failure to deny constitutes an admission . . . .

Uh, I think it will also disqualify him from holding other federal offices. Maybe you should care about that.
It might . . . depends on what the sanctions imposed by the Senate are. Removal from office is a separate sanction from disqualification from future office . . . .

...anybody who heard "I'm supposed to go get violent at the Capitol" was stupid and/or predisposed to go be violent and looking for a reason, and (2) their stupidity was exceeded only by anybody who believed there was a real coup underway.
Guiliani was perfectly clear, calling on Trump supporters to settle the dispute over the election right here, right now, via “trial by combat.” That sounds a bit serious to me, don'tchathink?

Reactions: Bill4411

many years ago i worked at united way. a president of the local bank was to this day the most put together, dapper guy i've ever encountered. he carried a shoe box with him and whenever he had to speak he'd hit a button on it and it'd fold out into a podium. he always spoke behind a podium.

well we were at an event for a day care that his bank helped fund to stay open third shift. this woman was giving the most impassioned speech on the other side of the room about how much that day care meant to her that it brought the guy to tears. literally. next to him was his smithers. the bank prez was just getting more and more worked up listening to this woman's story and at the moment that he couldn't take it any more as he was overwhelmed with emotion he turned to his smither's personal assistant and shouted "GO HUG THAT WOMAN!!!" the assistant walked all the way across the room to give her a hug while the prez watched. i had to walk out of the room i was laughing so hard. there wasn't a chance in hell that he was going to touch her.

*snicker*

You've never denied my identification of you as Ladoga. Failure to deny constitutes an admission . . . .
Does that hold true for the Hunter Biden laptop? Asking for a friend...

Do you really think Trump could be elected again? If you ask me, barring him from seeking office again would be a huge gift to the GOP. In fact I'm all for it.

Guiliani was perfectly clear, calling on Trump supporters to settle the dispute over the election right here, right now, via “trial by combat.” That sounds a bit serious to me, don'tchathink?

I did not see that, but as usual it depends on context. I once took a class at Indiana University school of law from a visiting insane Harvard law professor wherein we studied trial by combat. It was not a riot. It was my champion against your champion, winner wins the dispute. I have no idea if that is how Giuliani understood the term, but I bet the crowd understood it differently. Still not a coup by a long shot.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT