ADVERTISEMENT

This is the Commander in Chief

You still wanna buy a trailer park? Mine could use some new ownership. The current ones are letting things go downhill.
Might be time to check with the Kanuckstani spousal unit, to see whether she'd take you in in the north country.

Apparatntly this subject provided the basis for some qustions at the Biden presser this morning. Meanwhile, Trump announces the Serbia-Kosovo deal; the August new jobs report exceeded expectations; and unemployment crashed down through 10%. I guess the "loser" comment being the "A block" topic of the media-Democratic news is actualy good news for Trump. Not many care about that stuff outside of the D.C. Beltway or NYC.
There is some objectively good news in there. Serbia-Kosovo agreement is a very good thing, like the deal with UAE and Israel is good.

You still wanna buy a trailer park? Mine could use some new ownership. The current ones are letting things go downhill.
I actually was doing a small amount of research into that recently. I'll be retiring from my current job in probably 4 years. I'll still be youngish (in my early sixties) and hopefully healthy. I'll need to do something - maybe that. If I do, it will be well kept and I won't be putting up with any shenanigans among the tenants. ;)

You can always tell someone is out of their depth in an argument when they refer to "the media" as if that was a single bad monolith to attack.
Guess what? It is. All media (newspapers, TV, online ) anymore is just propaganda just pushing the narrative for one side or the other. It is the major reason we have such a polarized country.

Objective journalism is dead and there are very few reporters who will objectively report the facts instead of pushing an agenda.

Regarding this specific magazine, The Atlantic, I bet you didn't know the owner is a major Biden donor. I am sure there are no bias in the articles they write.

I actually was doing a small amount of research into that recently. I'll be retiring from my current job in probably 4 years. I'll still be youngish (in my early sixties) and hopefully healthy. I'll need to do something - maybe that. If I do, it will be well kept and I won't be putting up with any shenanigans among the tenants. ;)
Among the tenants? I've got no problem with that. None of them like me and I don't like any of them. Besides, the ol' battleax keeps me on a short leash.

• Haha
Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Guess what? It is. All media (newspapers, TV, online ) anymore is just propaganda just pushing the narrative for one side or the other. It is the major reason we have such a polarized country.

Objective journalism is dead and there are very few reporters who will objectively report the facts instead of pushing an agenda.

Regarding this specific magazine, The Atlantic, I bet you didn't know the owner is a major Biden donor. I am sure there are no bias in the articles they write.
YAWN. You're new here, aren't you?

The idea that journalism is/should be objective has been discussed here ad nauseum over the years, and the primary consensus about "the media" on the board has been that they're just plain lazy . . . whatever brings in the most money for the least amount of effort defines the vast majority of outlets these days. This is not news to me or anybody else who's been on the board for a while.

The chore of the reader is not to cheer along with any bias in the article, it's to discern what bias might be there there and discern what the article - if anything - can tell the reader about the topic of the article read. I can do that . . . and do that quite effectively by reading all sorts of articles about the same topic(s) and then making up my own mind.

That you lump all media together and attack one bias within it just tells me you're either lazy or dumb. Take your pick, I don't care . . . .

You guys are on the wrong side of the trailer park industry see the digs of this guy who has bought a number of them in California, Arizona and Florida:

You guys are on the wrong side of the trailer park industry see the digs of this guy who has bought a number of them in California, Arizona and Florida:

That's Aloha!

My sense is that Americans today are far more transactional and distracted than they were in the past . . . all generations . . . does that sound like someone you know?

Do you remember the conversation we had here when Trump was trying to undo Obamacare, and someone - Thyrsis? - related a story about how he overheard a couple of people talking about how happy they were that Obamacare was being undone . . . one of them asked what the other was going to do about health insurance, and she replied that it was no problem, she'd get a policy under the ACA . . .

. . . I have the sense that Americans don't see the big picture well enough and respond to symbolic speech without realizing the real-life effects of that response . . . for example, my mother (96 this month) lives in an independent living facility where all of the residents are on social security, and they're all applauding Trump's move to eliminate payroll taxes . . . obviously believing that taxes are bad . . . without having a damned clue what that move will have on their personal incomes. They honestly believe they'll continue to get social security and Medicare anyway. The folks I'm talking about here are a few remnants of the Greatest Generation, the Korean War generation, and the vanguard of the Baby Boomer generation . . .

. . . and I see much the same thing among those younger too. They don't understand taxes . . . at all . . . they think that the government is just taking "their money" . . . but believe that the roads should be paved smooth at all times, that the garbage should be picked up on time, and "someone" should remove every inconvenience from their path . . . and if they don't get that then their "rights" - constitutional rights today - have been violated.

It's such crap . . .

. . . I know, I know, I should get the old man yelling at clouds meme out on myself . . . .
Hell no, you shouldn't. You weren't yelling at the clouds. You were yelling at people who have never paid attention to politics in their entire lives but now think they are experts because they think they remember certain buzz words and intelligent-sounding expressions that they think they remember the "smart" people on Fox and Newsmax using that they think apply to every single situation they want to comment about. They'll say there is a "deep state" but will hate you if you ask them to explain what a "deep state" is.

Meanwhile, they remain as smart or stupid as they always were. Hopefully, they won't vote or intentionally raise children.

So even Fox News personnel are confirming this story.

I'd bet it has more teeth than gums at this point.
So does this represent the 5th Avenue shooting that Trump could get away with, or does this cross a line that not even his supporters can forgive?

Does he walk the comments back?

Hell no, you shouldn't. You weren't yelling at the clouds. You were yelling at people who have never paid attention to politics in their entire lives but now think they are experts because they think they remember certain buzz words and intelligent-sounding expressions that they think they remember the "smart" people on Fox and Newsmax using that they think apply to every single situation they want to comment about. They'll say there is a "deep state" but will hate you if you ask them to explain what a "deep state" is.

Meanwhile, they remain as smart or stupid as they always were. Hopefully, they won't vote or intentionally raise children.
Enhh . . . at least I got a free beer from that post . . . it's enough.

Nevertheless, thank you for the kind words . . . you got exactly the message I was trying to convey. 🍻

Does he walk the comments back?

If I could do a GIF from my phone this would be a good spot for the good fellas laughing gif.

Seriously, though he won't walk it back. This might be the line, but there will be staunch supporters (like my in-laws even with my bro-in-law enlisted) who will never abandon him.

The brother in law has wavered though, and this might be the swift kick he'll need.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
We're doing Kentucky jokes now?

I guess it is Friday afternoon . . . .
I'm going for a run now and it's happy hour after. Since I'm doing it on the treadmill today, I could do happy hour and run. There's a thought! Where's that no spill tumbler? 😮

• Haha
Reactions: ovaltine
I'm going for a run now and it's happy hour after. Since I'm doing it on the treadmill today, I could do happy hour and run. There's a thought! Where's that no spill tumbler? 😮
Well, there's this: https://www.rei.com/product/113837/nathan-speedview-insulated-flask-with-phone-case-18-fl-oz

or this: https://www.rei.com/product/141520/osprey-duro-6-running-hydration-vest-phoenix-red.

I vote for the hydration pack . . . but you could run, drink and post on the WC with the flask . . . .

moomin-turquoise-baby-sippy-cup-10.jpg

This is starting to look like a scam. An Atlantic reporter happened to score credentials for this morning’s Biden presser and was called on. Guess what? The Atlantic reporter asked Biden about the Atlantic story. Biden was ready with a canned answer.

There are enough clearly sourced Trump tell-all material out there now to fill a political rally with those sources. The Atlantic “unnamed sources” looks like a crock. The Atlantic is in the bag for Biden, this is pitiful.

This is starting to look like a scam. An Atlantic reporter happened to score credentials for this morning’s Biden presser and was called on. Guess what? The Atlantic reporter asked Biden about the Atlantic story. Biden was ready with a canned answer.

There are enough clearly sourced Trump tell-all material out there now to fill a political rally with those sources. The Atlantic “unnamed sources” looks like a crock. The Atlantic is in the bag for Biden, this is pitiful.
So "Slow Joe" answered to quickly?

Reactions: IU_Hickory

So the Biden campaign strategically makes sure this is asked and that makes it a scam??

Multiple orgs and multiple journalists have confirmed this all across the whole political spectrum.

You might pull something if you stretch any further.

Reactions: Timmy! and hoosboot
So the Biden campaign strategically makes sure this is asked and that makes it a scam??

It doesn't make it a scam. But it is evidence of a scam. There was collusion between the Atlantic and the Biden campaign at the presser and this question. That's not honest on either side of Biden's podium.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT