ADVERTISEMENT

This is the Commander in Chief

So it turns out the Lincoln Project guys were douchebags. But you do have to give them credit, they put out some badass ads. I loved them. And it sounded like they got under The Donald's skin, too. Sweet. Yet you want to bludgeon those of us who liked what the LP was doing with the revelations about the founders' behavior.

Lemme ask you this: how different is that from those who claim Trump was a douchebag but they supported him anyway because of tax breaks and deregulation and immigration and China policy and the like?
I’ll tell you how different. I have no problem dropping Schwartz or whatever like a hot potato. He’s dead to me. How about Trump supporters? After all he’s done? Dead to them? I don’t think so.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
So it turns out the Lincoln Project guys were douchebags. But you do have to give them credit, they put out some badass ads. I loved them. And it sounded like they got under The Donald's skin, too. Sweet. Yet you want to bludgeon those of us who liked what the LP was doing with the revelations about the founders' behavior.

Lemme ask you this: how different is that from those who claim Trump was a douchebag but they supported him anyway because of tax breaks and deregulation and immigration and China policy and the like?
Having them implode right now is probably the very best thing that could happen for the Democrats. It's funny to see Republicans gloat over it.

Yeah, too bad some of TLP were scumbags. I liked their ads, as they were direct, truthful, convincing and (I suspect) effective. Hilarious that they got under Orange Turd's skin so easily.

They never got a cent of my money. Grifters? Maybe. To Trump's level? Not even close.

If there was criminal activity, they need to face all of the consequences and criticism fitting the crimes, independent of political views

Reactions: IU_Hickory
"You liked them for being good trolls? The results are out, they were ineffective in swaying voters. You should have known they were douchebags, we told you they're grifters, grifters are douchebags, this isn't Monday morning QB'ing. It was obvious, and you chose to ignore it."

Can you provide some documentation on how it's been determined the LP didn't sway voters? The Man who lost the popular vote by nearly 3 Million in 2016 lost it by over 7 Million in 2020, so I'd say voters were swayed.

Democrats (particularly in WI,MI and PA) stayed home in large numbers in 2016, but in 2020 they turned out in record numbers and helped lower Trump margins in Key GOP-lean districts which allowed him to win those states (and the EC) by pretty slim margins in 2016.

And speaking of grifters, I still get 2 or 3 texts/day from the Trump grift machine.

And you might want to hold off on this ridiculous claim that Trump never did anything "personally harmful" till after all of the outstanding legal troubles he is facing are resolved.

"Trump made fun of people, he never came close to doing anything as personally harmful as these guys."

"Never" is a really long time when you're dealing with a scumbag with as checkered a past as Trump. For a man who claims he never "knew" E Jean Carroll, Trump sure is going to great lengths to avoid having his DNA tested/compared to the DNA sample she's held on to for over 20+ yrs.

So a woman accuses you of rape, presents a DNA sample on a dress, and you call her a liar. She files a defamation suit, and instead of welcoming a DNA analysis that would EXONERATE you, you go to unbelievable lengths to avoid having your DNA tested. And again this is a woman you do NOT know. Now THAT is the legal maneuvering of an Innocent man LOL...

Google is your friend. The ads were ineffective at persuading battle ground state voters.

Last edited:
I’ll tell you how different. I have no problem dropping Schwartz or whatever like a hot potato. He’s dead to me. How about Trump supporters? After all he’s done? Dead to them? I don’t think so.

It is also different because we didn't vote for schwartz. He didn't have any office with power over the country other than the power of the media.

Are we supposed to hate a movie if we find out the actor/actress or director did something bad? I would say no but i wouldn't vote for them to hold office.

Reactions: iuwclurker
I always looked at their stuff and thought...man that would be so much better if they just....

But they were God's around here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT