ADVERTISEMENT

The Great Replacement Theory

Your arguments are laughable, Crazy.

On one hand in your first paragraph you baselessly and laughably suggest that I (by that I assume you mean Democrats) can't win arguments on the basis of popular vote and then admit in the second paragraph that Democrats are winning arguments on the basis of popular votes (which you try to smear by calling them "populist votes"). Given your lens on this, I suppose that means you are desperate to preserve minority rule because you are the one who can't win the popular vote.

Maybe if I had a shallow, power-hungry, power-centric view of government like yours, I might attribute my own shortcomings to those I disagree with politically. Thankfully, I don't.
HOw could anyone have anything but a shallow, power-hungry, power-centric view of gov. By definiton that's what it is, and we see it's manifestations daily. The pandemic brought out the worst of it. Our politicians are megalomaniacs. On both sides. It's why they stay until they are 90. Look at the ongoing desire to nationalize industries. The suggested limits on speech via this new goofy agency/board. The free cheese that runs counter to self reliance. Masks. Lockdowns. They are always about a power "elite" controlling what we do and expanding their scope. There will never be a day that an agency will say it's meeting its mission objections and needs less funding. It's going to do reduce staff of its own volition

I will add, France, Germany, Italy, Canada, UK, Norway, and Sweden are all left of the US. If the goal was to have a massive voting advantage we could bring in more from those countries, they would almost certainly be more Democratic and they are mostly White.
OK, let's go with that example. If the theory being proposed here that Republicans hang up is with skin color and not voting preferences, you'd expect them to be neutral to supportive of your proposal.

Do you think that is how that would play out?

Reactions: vesuvius13
If you want to argue Biden's been a shitty president, have at it. But arguing that he "frequently disregards" the Constitution is utter nonsense.

But back to the thread title. What do you think of the Great Replacement Theory? You Trumpers have been uncharacteristically quiet on this issue.
Biden already instructed his DOJ and VP to watch state legislatures for legislation he doesn’t agree with. Biden gives federal immigration law the finger. Biden instructed the CDC to take action that SCOTUS said was beyond its authority. All disregards the constitution and I’m just getting warmed up.

I already posted about GRT.

OK, let's go with that example. If the theory being proposed here that Republicans hang up is with skin color and not voting preferences, you'd expect them to be neutral to supportive of your proposal.

Do you think that is how that would play out?

Trump specifically referenced wanting more immigrants from Norway. So as of a couple of years ago, I think they would be in favor of more Norwegians. Now it may not be racism, it might be culturalism.

I grew up being taught the words the green lady in the harbor of NY had inscribed. It didn't say "send us your CEOs, you entrepreneurs, your idle wealthy". I don't want open borders, but I think immigration of people wanting a better opportunity is what built the US. I don't know why my ancestors came but I suspect they weren't independently wealthy.

Masks. Lockdowns. They are always about a power "elite" controlling what we do and expanding their scope.
That’s a paranoid view. The pandemic was a legitimate pandemic. For better or worse, the masks, lockdowns, and other protocols were meant to protect the health of citizens.

Or how about Republicans try to do something so minorities would be more likely to vote for them? Why do you think they vote mostly democratic? The huge majority of Democrats are not for open borders. It seems a little bit of a stretch to think the reason is to make a bigger voting block.
As for courts, expanding wasn’t discussed until Mitch started his shenanigans to take a seat.
As for electoral college, at some point the majority gets tired of being ruled by the minority. Republican Senators represent over 40 million less people.
Dumb. The city of San Francisco runs the all fiscal affairs of the country through a single senile lush. And you gripe about the senate?

That’s a paranoid view. The pandemic was a legitimate pandemic. For better or worse, the masks, lockdowns, and other protocols were meant to protect the health of citizens.
Targeted approaches would evidence same. They weren't targeted. It was gov acting like gov

Trump specifically referenced wanting more immigrants from Norway. So as of a couple of years ago, I think they would be in favor of more Norwegians. Now it may not be racism, it might be culturalism.

I grew up being taught the words the green lady in the harbor of NY had inscribed. It didn't say "send us your CEOs, you entrepreneurs, your idle wealthy". I don't want open borders, but I think immigration of people wanting a better opportunity is what built the US. I don't know why my ancestors came but I suspect they weren't independently wealthy.
And you would think those who have the initiative to come here and make a better life for themselves through hardwork, etc. would seem to be good targets for the individualism messaging of the Republican Party.

It's interesting that no one on here has brought up the cultural result from immigration. It's certainly a real thing. I think it's a net positive, by far. But I know others who don't like it.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
"When it says Libbys Libbys Libbys on the label label label, you will like it like it like it on your table table table."

People are people, not demographic labels.

Anybody here walk down the street saying, "Hello young black male 18 to 25". "Hello old white male over 60."

No.

HOw could anyone have anything but a shallow, power-hungry, power-centric view of gov. By definiton that's what it is, and we see it's manifestations daily. The pandemic brought out the worst of it. Our politicians are megalomaniacs. On both sides. It's why they stay until they are 90. Look at the ongoing desire to nationalize industries. The suggested limits on speech via this new goofy agency/board. The free cheese that runs counter to self reliance. Masks. Lockdowns. They are always about a power "elite" controlling what we do and expanding their scope. There will never be a day that an agency will say it's meeting its mission objections and needs less funding. It's going to do reduce staff of its own volition

it's not personal, it's just business.

and what "ongoing desire to nationalize industries" are you referring to?

that said, we should have "nationalized" our oil industry long ago.

of course when Iran figured out that same obvious thing, we overthrew the democratically elected govt there and reinstalled the Shah to serve US and Brit big oil.

no doubt it would go no different here.

And you would think those who have the initiative to come here and make a better life for themselves through hardwork, etc. would seem to be good targets for the individualism messaging of the Republican Party.

It's interesting that no one on here has brought up the cultural result from immigration. It's certainly a real thing. I think it's a net positive, by far. But I know others who don't like it.

One thing the book I read on Open Borders suggested an idea I think might help solve our problem. There is nothing that says we can't require a new citizen to live and work in the US for 5 years before being eligible for Medicaid or other safety-net programs.

We don't get Americans to do some jobs, such as migrant farm labor. Most immigrants seem willing to work and to work those types of jobs. I am not sure why it is a problem. Frankly wouldn't it make more sense to have migrants coming in under the work most Americans do than above the work most Americans do? We bring in tens of thousands of programmers who will work cheaper means that American programmers will move off to other fields driving down those wages. This will bump down. Bringing in a migrant worker? How is that going to impact your wage or mine?

I don't think Crazy meant Dems were purposefully trying to make (all) whites a minority. Instead, I think he was referring to conservatives, and if he thought about it, he'd probably eliminate the word "white" in the sentence above. I don't know what CoH said.

I'd bet that if someone proposed a policy that allowed in a giant group of Indians/Nigerians/Cubans who were projected to vote 2-1 Republican, Democrats would be against it and Crazy and most mainstream Republicans for it.

But for you, then, do you see Conclusion 2 above as racist?

Are you saying dems would be against immigrants from India/Nigeria/Cuba if they were known in advance to lean republican?

I really can't see dems changing their stance even if they could somehow figure out political leanings beforehand. Is there any past occurrences that would make one believe they would even ban immigration from specific countries?

One thing the book I read on Open Borders suggested an idea I think might help solve our problem. There is nothing that says we can't require a new citizen to live and work in the US for 5 years before being eligible for Medicaid or other safety-net programs.

We don't get Americans to do some jobs, such as migrant farm labor. Most immigrants seem willing to work and to work those types of jobs. I am not sure why it is a problem. Frankly wouldn't it make more sense to have migrants coming in under the work most Americans do than above the work most Americans do? We bring in tens of thousands of programmers who will work cheaper means that American programmers will move off to other fields driving down those wages. This will bump down. Bringing in a migrant worker? How is that going to impact your wage or mine?
Businesses agree with you. It’s Trumptards who don’t.

I don't think Crazy meant Dems were purposefully trying to make (all) whites a minority. Instead, I think he was referring to conservatives, and if he thought about it, he'd probably eliminate the word "white" in the sentence above. I don't know what CoH said.

I'd bet that if someone proposed a policy that allowed in a giant group of Indians/Nigerians/Cubans who were projected to vote 2-1 Republican, Democrats would be against it and Crazy and most mainstream Republicans for it.

But for you, then, do you see Conclusion 2 above as racist?
No, it's not racist. But it's definitely disingenuous.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
There will never be a day that an agency will say it's meeting its mission objections and needs less funding.
Tell me about all of the large corporations where that happened. Your problem isn't with government. It's with human beings.

Like I said, if I was as jaded as you and Crazy, I might ascribe ill intent to those I disagree with politically, but the two of you are just projecting your own issues on all Democrats. I'm sure there are some Dems who share said shortcoming, but that's not how I look at government.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Tell me about all of the large corporations where that happened. Your problem isn't with government. It's with human beings.

Like I said, if I was as jaded as you and Crazy, I might ascribe ill intent to those I disagree with politically, but the two of you are just projecting your own issues on all Democrats. I'm sure there are some Dems who share said shortcoming, but that's not how I look at government.
There's no projection going on. It's evidenced in policy. Dems seek government intervention to heal economic and social problems. That necessitates larger government and reliance. The largest social safety net in history is what was sought. That's not projection that's fact.

Businesses chase profits and politicians chase power. The latter achieves by way of expansion and intervention imo.

And republicans who become politicians are no different imo. Sarah Palin doesn't want to go back to Washington to sit quietly in a cubicle. Our present politicians aren't happy sitting around quietly repairing potholes and bridges. They are power hungry and in our faces

There's no projection going on. It's evidenced in policy. Dems seek government intervention to heal economic and social problems. That necessitates larger government and reliance. The largest social safety net in history is what was sought. That's not projection that's fact.

Businesses chase profits and politicians chase power. The latter achieves by way of expansion and intervention imo.

And republicans who become politicians are no different imo. Sarah Palin doesn't want to go back to Washington to sit quietly in a cubicle. Our present politicians aren't happy sitting around quietly repairing potholes and bridges. They are power hungry and in our faces
Our safety net isn't close to the world's largest.

Further, Bernie's medicare for all would not be as involved as much of Europe and dwarfed by the UK.

Our safety net isn't close to the world's largest.

Further, Bernie's medicare for all would not be as involved as much of Europe and dwarfed by the UK.
In the US. Our history. I don't care what other countries do

Biden already instructed his DOJ and VP to watch state legislatures for legislation he doesn’t agree with. Biden gives federal immigration law the finger. Biden instructed the CDC to take action that SCOTUS said was beyond its authority. All disregards the constitution and I’m just getting warmed up.

I already posted about GRT.
The evictions moratorium is all you've got. And the ruling on the vaccine mandate in the midst of a global health crisis is hardly reflective of a disregard for the constitution, particularly in light of Jacobson v. Massachusetts and the fact that a portion of the mandate (as it pertains to health care workers) was upheld.

What about a governor who pushes through an "anti-riot" law that is blocked by a federal court judge because it "encourages arbitrary and discriminatory enforcement" and is vague "to the point of unconstitutionality?" The same governor has also had a social media "free speech" law blocked as likely in contravention of the First Amendment, and is on shaky legal ground with respect to retaliatory action taken against a certain corporation (think mouse ears) for exercising its free speech rights. Would you say that governor "frequently disregards the constitution?" I didn't think so.

The evictions moratorium is all you've got. And the ruling on the vaccine mandate in the midst of a global health crisis is hardly reflective of a disregard for the constitution, particularly in light of Jacobson v. Massachusetts and the fact that a portion of the mandate (as it pertains to health care workers) was upheld.

What about a governor who pushes through an "anti-riot" law that is blocked by a federal court judge because it "encourages arbitrary and discriminatory enforcement" and is vague "to the point of unconstitutionality?" The same governor has also had a social media "free speech" law blocked as likely in contravention of the First Amendment, and is on shaky legal ground with respect to retaliatory action taken against a certain corporation (think mouse ears) for exercising its free speech rights. Would you say that governor "frequently disregards the constitution?" I didn't think so.
Since when does the federal executive department get to oversee state government for anything? If states violate the law, the DOJ, brings a case for the courts to resolve. This whole idea that the President assigns overseers to look at the states is crap.

Since when does the federal executive department get to oversee state government for anything?
Did not the voting rights act do exactly that? Even the court that struck it down did not rule it was unconstitutional rather that it was too open ended.

Did not the voting rights act do exactly that? Even the court that struck it down did not rule it was unconstitutional rather that it was too open ended.
The Voting rRights Act is a law. The Act contains specific enfocement processes. That’s not the same thing as Biden appointing overseers of state government outside the law.

No I didn’t.
I must admit, in your case, it was merely implied. You were explicit, however, that the left was giddy about the demographic shift under discussion, and were critical of the left accepting it as a "fait accompli." And, of course, you were quite explicit in making the conflation OP brought up here, by referring to the left's behavior as Great Replacement Theory. But, yes, you were very careful not to explicitly endorse the conspiracy theory that the left was doing all this on purpose. Good on ya.

Reactions: CO. Hoosier
I must admit, in your case, it was merely implied. You were explicit, however, that the left was giddy about the demographic shift under discussion, and were critical of the left accepting it as a "fait accompli." And, of course, you were quite explicit in making the conflation OP brought up here, by referring to the left's behavior as Great Replacement Theory. But, yes, you were very careful not to explicitly endorse the conspiracy theory that the left was doing all this on purpose. Good on ya.
The fait accompli comment is about the political shift, not the demographic shift.

A follow up question to those on the left/liberals/progressives/ left of center/Democrats: since no one has said Theory 2 is racist, are you O.K. with media outlets like MSNBC and NPR casually conflating Theory 1 with Theory2?

Are you OK with it or hesitant to push back because you think it hurts your enemy? Because you're afraid other liberals or Dems will call or think you a racist if you do? Some other reason?

(If anyone feels compelled to write a whatabout in response, I'll stipulate this same phenomena occurs on the Right)

A follow up question to those on the left/liberals/progressives/ left of center/Democrats: since no one has said Theory 2 is racist, are you O.K. with media outlets like MSNBC and NPR casually conflating Theory 1 with Theory2?

Are you OK with it or hesitant to push back because you think it hurts your enemy? Because you're afraid other liberals or Dems will call or think you a racist if you do? Some other reason?

(If anyone feels compelled to write a whatabout in response, I'll stipulate this same phenomena occurs on the Right)
It is about votes and power. Period. I don't give a flying **** what a poster here thinks is happening. They aren't the ones in power. For the politicians, it is 100% a power move whether a Goat or Hoos on this forum thinks there are altruistic reasons or not. If it was a million Republican Africans flowing into the northeast and west coast illegally every year, Democrats would be coming up with every reason possible to stem the tide.

I repeat that it is not the liberal media or Democratic machine making this conflation. It is the right. The conspiracy theorists and people like Crazy who are desperately not racist but still need to repeat all these same nutso narratives for unknown reasons. Stop trying to both sides everything. We all have our own sins. This particular sin is a sin of the right.

Seems almost inanely silly to claim Biden is not a believer in the Constitution when Trump is documented as trying to steal an election- our very democracy is constitutional
You are part of left stealing the election.

You are part of left stealing the election.
Lucy are you educated? It’ll shock you to know that I vote Republican in the main. I didn’t support Trump as he was a man of ill character and appealed largely to folks who aren’t educated nor intelligent- like someone who comes to a message board and throws around silly labels- stay informed or stay away silly person- smoke dope with Danc and the rest of the intellectually lazy Trump cultists- adults need to make decisions when we are staring at 31 trillion in debt- dope smokers and blindly partisan need not apply

Last edited:
Lucy are you educated? It’ll shock you to know that I vote Republican in the main. I didn’t support Trump as he was a man of ill character and appealed largely to folks who aren’t educated nor intelligent- like someone who comes to a message board and throws around silly labels- stay informed or stay away silly person- smoke dope with Danc and the rest of the intellectually lazy Trump cultists- adults need to make decisions when we are staring at 31 trillion in debt- dope smokers and blindly partisan need not apply
You can't depend on the Educated, they worry to much about social issues. I am proud I voted for Trump! The Country was in a lot better shape. Biden and the loony left want to raise taxes . How about not giving 44 billion of tax payer money away.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT