ADVERTISEMENT

Official Trump/Harris debate commentary thread

I hope someone counts the number of times Trump said the word, "Biden," tonight.

To be fair, I doubt that's actually what he was trying to say. He's just so rattled that he can't say what he's trying to say.
That had to be in the 50% where I cringe-muted. What exactly did he say? I thought for sure it was going to happen when she said that the war in Ukraine would be over in 24 hours because Trump would give it up. I could see "You mean like how you gave it up for Willie Brown?" coalescing amidst the rage storm and spittle flying from his mug.

• Haha
Reactions: dr.jb
her closing statement should be

" Thank you, I rest my case"
Haha. I misread that and thought you said "HIS closing statement should be 'Thank you, I rest my case.'"

That would have been epic and gotten him back a few hundred thousand votes.

That had to be in the 50% where I cringe-muted. What exactly did he say? I thought for sure it was going to happen when she said that the war in Ukraine would be over in 24 hours because Trump would give it up. I could see "You mean like how you gave it up for Willie Brown?" coalescing amidst the rage storm and spittle flying from his mug.
When he was asked about race, he said something to the effect of "She wasn't black, then she put out, and now she's black." I think he was trying to say that she suddenly put out there that she was now black. But it's not what he actually said.

Dougie probably went out and bought one when it was announced she was annointed as candidate.
No news article will convince me otherwise. That woman doesn’t know how to handle a firearm. People who believe as much are being sold a bill of goods.

Reactions: DANC
When he was asked about race, he said something to the effect of "She wasn't black, then she put out, and now she's black." I think he was trying to say that she suddenly put out there that she was now black. But it's not what he actually said.
Ouch. It's kind of the worst of all worlds - like a kid who gets suspended from school for throwing a punch they didn't even land.

Did he actually say the reason he didn't have a plan was because he wasn't President yet?
I've been watching on the Bullwark feed, and they were positively giddy at the first break. I guess he'll keep DANC and his other fans, but this performance (besides being hilarious) is going to be anathema to Independents.

I'm actually shocked at how much of a Trump trainwreck this has been for him. She baited him with the crowd size,and from that point on it's just been hilarious to watch him implode...Not just his standard stump speech, but the most comical parts of what he spews at every rally...

Reactions: Fro
No news article will convince me otherwise. That woman doesn’t know how to handle a firearm. People who believe as much are being sold a bill of goods.

Why on earth would a progressive candidate make that up 5 years ago? As you can see by the article I linked, it hurt her with progressives. She did it so she could pull out ownership tonight? If she is that smart she really deserves to win

I've been watching on the Bullwark feed, and they were positively giddy at the first break. I guess he'll keep DANC and his other fans, but this performance (besides being hilarious) is going to be anathema to Independents.

I'm actually shocked at how much of a Trump trainwreck this has been for him. She baited him with the crowd size,and from that point on it's just been hilarious to watch him implode...Not just his standard stump speech, but the most comical parts of what he spews at every rally...
His first ten minutes were fine, but once he started downhill, he went fast, and this was a complete dumpster fire for him.

Did I miss the question about when Kamala knew about Biden's cognitive decline?
Very biased and trump shouldn’t have agreed to it. But that’s separate from his performance which couldn’t have been any worse

Harris: Controlled, professional, self-assured
Trump: Clownish, angry and unhinged

This was as thorough an ass-kicking as anything I’ve ever seen on a debate stage.

• Love
Reactions: cosmickid
That was fun.

Rachel and friends should be a hoot tonight.
Brit Hume spot on. ABC let her off the hook. Didn’t press her on breadth of flops, past record, etc. Then said trump had a bad night and Harris had a very good night. All the things trump shouldn’t do he did.

Reactions: DANC and ribbont
the more trump speaks the worse it is for him, if I was one of his handlers id sneak out there ninja style and cut his mic

the-hook.jpg

Rodney Davis on BBC: "Very much so" disappointed in Trump's performance. "He didn't have a grasp of the facts, he wasn't prepared, etc." "Harris clearly had a better grasp of the facts and issues" "She looked presidential."

Chris Wallace: "I didn't think I'd ever see a debate as bad as Biden's back in June, but this was just as devastating. Harris pitched a shutout."
Trump looked old, acted angry. His not going to shake her hand probably turned off a lot of women voters right off the bat.

But does he convince more alt right to vote? It seems clear he thinks he can win without a single moderate or independent. I doubt it, but it might be possible.

She'd better not agree to another one. After tonight there is absolutely nothing more to gain.
One of the blondes on FNC just now: "If you only watch the first and last answer, Trump did well. I can't believe Harris already came out and offered another debate, because she doesn't need one. She accomplished everything she needed to do."

Reactions: mcmurtry66
One of the blondes on FNC just now: "If you only watch the first and last answer, Trump did well. I can't believe Harris already came out and offered another debate, because she doesn't need one. She accomplished everything she needed to do."
Surely they didn't. Please tell me they didn't.

Gonna set this up now, as I may not be able to watch from the beginning. I'll join as soon as I can. @TheOriginalHappyGoat @stollcpa @NPT let's try and keep this civil and on topic thankyouverymuch.

Gonna set this up now, as I may not be able to watch from the beginning. I'll join as soon as I can. @TheOriginalHappyGoat @stollcpa @NPT let's try and keep this civil and on topic thankyouverymuch.
Cubs/Dodgers or Trump/Tramp

Yamamoto/Ohtani wins

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT