ADVERTISEMENT

Official DNC covention thread

Nothing wrong with laws to prevent illegal voting. I suggested above we tighten employment where it was illegal, didn't get any comments. We raised chicken processing plants that hired hundreds of illegals. If the companies were fined, their management fined, do you think people would keep doing that?

But we want to punish the poor Brown guy and not the wealthy White guy. Slap those that hired illegally silly and see how fast the message spreads.
That's actually the most effective method of slowing down illegal immigration.

But neither side wants it.

But that doesn't mean we shouldn't enforce illegal immigration laws.

Nothing wrong with laws to prevent illegal voting. I suggested above we tighten employment where it was illegal, didn't get any comments. We raised chicken processing plants that hired hundreds of illegals. If the companies were fined, their management fined, do you think people would keep doing that?

But we want to punish the poor Brown guy and not the wealthy White guy. Slap those that hired illegally silly and see how fast the message spreads.
Agree. I've said for years if you want to stop illegal immigration jail the owners, corporate officers, and board of directors who do the hiring.

A decent summation, but nothing particularly new, and it's from last February. Since then, Biden suddenly found religion and supposedly started implementing Trump-style enforcement policies.

One thing that stands out to me is the 'grand compromise' between Reagan and the Democrats. This is what happens when Republicans 'compromise' on skirting federal law. The go-along-to-get-along style of Republicans, favored by people here like Aloha, always leads to more problems down the road. And they just don't get it. Any Republicans that want to enforce federal law are 'mean' and 'uncaring'.

Feelings are what matter today.
You're an idiot. No one has criticized that compromise more than I have. What happened was that the GOP kept their side of the bargain and Democrats did not. We should have enforced it and that's not because I'm "mean" or "uncaring." I know you can't help being stupid but sometimes it would be nice if you'd try.

We need enforceable laws on this and that can happen. It will NEVER happen without compromise. This is a fact. If you like the current situation continue with your present position.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
91gfhe.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT