ADVERTISEMENT

Kelly on Trump

It's been cut for years/decades. Spending 3% of GDP on defense is very reasonable.

It isn't happening anyway. Trump will certainly greatly increase it.
NATO target is 2 percent of GDP and there are discussions about raising it to 2.5 or 3 percent. We're already at 3 percent and we might have to maintain it at that although it's already projected to go down to 2.5 percent in 10 years.

NATO target is 2 percent of GDP and there are discussions about raising it to 2.5 or 3 percent. We're already at 3 percent and we might have to maintain it at that although it's already projected to go down to 2.5 percent in 10 years.
Woah. NATO is going to increase the target by 25-50%?

Everyone must be blowing past that 2% to warrant such an increase. Are they?

Yes they are currently at 2.7

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

23 of 32 countries are expected to be 2 percent or more by the end of this year. Russia's invasion of Ukraine lit a fire under their asses. Especially the Eastern countries. Only a minority of the countries are pushing for a change to 2.5 so far and a few of those think it should be 3.

Yes they are currently at 2.7

So long story short, we’re still subsidizing everyone. And Poland and the Baltics have upped their game because they’re scared.

Meanwhile Western Europe sits on their ass.

I don’t have any inclination to leave NATO. I also don’t see it as sacrosanct. If the time ever came where it made sense to leave (like in return for favorable terms in a Russia/ Ukraine ceasefire) I would.

Europe is essentially our trust fund child. We subsidize everything from their defense to prescription drugs. Their economies. In decay. Their cultures. In decay.

Better strengthen our relationship with Modi and Milei so we can have allies that are actually with a shit.

Reactions: snarlcakes
So long story short, we’re still subsidizing everyone. And Poland and the Baltics have upped their game because they’re scared.

I don’t have any inclination to leave NATO. I also don’t see it as sacrosanct. If the time ever came where it made sense to leave (like in return for favorable terms in a Russia/ Ukraine ceasefire) I would.

Europe is essentially our trust fund child. We subsidize everything from their defense to prescription drugs. Their economies. In decay. Their cultures. In decay.

Better strengthen our relationship with Modi and Milei so we can have allies that are actually with a shit.
There's a typically misguided Farva take right there.

No.

You act as if our defense spending is only relevant to Europe.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
No.

You act as if our defense spending is only relevant to Europe.
No. But European defense spending is largely only relevant to Europe. I don’t see much European presence in the South China Sea. Do they not use semiconductors? Of course they do. But they’re content to let us bare that cross.

Subsidization. Playing us for suckers. Trump is right.

No. But European defense spending is largely only relevant to Europe. I don’t see much European presence in the South China Sea. Do they not use semiconductors? Of course they do. But they’re content to let us bare that cross.

“bear”

A lot of generals don't like Biden, didn't like Obama. I invite CO to go back and see how many times I impugned their character.
That depends on the basis for criticism. I don’t want to generalize about generals, but I will say that every general who claims Trump is a Fascist is dumb. That includes Kelly. One even said that Trumps intention to destroy the deep state and engage in mass deportations proves he is a fascist.

Engaging in this kind of exaggerated name calling is not only stupid and petty strategic politics, it shows substantial ignorance about Fascism and Nazism.

We are in the closing days of the campaign and these Generals want to defeat Trump by ignoring the economy, the border, the wars, etc. and tell the public Trump is a fascist? Good grief.

That depends on the basis for criticism. I don’t want to generalize about generals, but I will say that every general who claims Trump is a Fascist is dumb. That includes Kelly. One even said that Trumps intention to destroy the deep state and engage in mass deportations proves he is a fascist.

Engaging in this kind of exaggerated name calling is not only stupid and petty strategic politics, it shows substantial ignorance about Fascism and Nazism.

We are in the closing days of the campaign and these Generals want to defeat Trump by ignoring the economy, the border, the wars, etc. and tell the public Trump is a fascist? Good grief.
A lot more than generals, ask Dan Coats and Mike Pence about Trump's authoritarian tendencies

Heck, ask Mas and DBM, that's what they want.

Trump is very authoritarian.

A lot more than generals, ask Dan Coats and Mike Pence about Trump's authoritarian tendencies

Trump didn’t govern as an authoritarian. All he did was shoot off his mouth, which he does often

On the other hand, the recent suit by the USA vs Virginia is authoritarian in real time.

I'd much prefer us being the one to do it.

This is complete bullshit and detached from reality. Trump had the perfect opportunity to be an authoritarian during Covid and instead deferred to an 80 year old midget. Biden was the authoritarian f#ck wad trying to mandate vaccines.

Be honest. It's not just the generals. It's basically everyone that interacted with him during his 1st admin, including his own VP, Chief of Staff, National Security Advisor, and much of his cabinet.

When this many one time allies tell you he's unfit for office, maybe one would be wise to listen. If this was a business, nobody would rehire such a CEO.

Reactions: BCCHoosier
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT