ADVERTISEMENT

January 6 Question

Because he saw what they did to everyone else and the prosecution promised him total leniency. People plead guilty to crimes they didn't commit all the time. It's Washington DC with a 98% Democrat jury pool. They'd convict no matter what. But you know that.
The prosecution promised him total leniency? How do you know that? Tucker tell you?

Maybe so, and I even believe the shooting was justified by law enforcement standards, that doesn't mean I believe it was necessary.

Could've been detained by any one of those dozen or so security and LEO within arms reach of her, but instead she was shot. Sure, she had her FAFO moment but I'm sorry, I cannot watch that footage without "in cold blood" being my first thought. We'll just have to agree to disagree.
It looked like Santa Anna storming the Alamo and the police officer was the last line of defense...but carry on with your revisionist history.

Reactions: UncleMark
YOu seem to always defend those those who you are repeatably on record for being against, in your new found political identity.
I have said in the past that I didn't understand you. I was wrong.
I defend against stupidity. I do not defend my party (and obviously not the RINO Trump) with stupidity. Just because you guys that are all in on Trump and will defend him even with lies, I'm not going to join you. I see absolutely no reason to defend the idiots that participated in January 6. I've seen very little factual ways to defend them anyway.

None of this should be hard for you to understand. I mean, if you still believe the 2020 election was stolen, than it's impossible for you to understand because you're not intelligent enough.

You posted that video years ago didn't you? Thats an old one me thinks. I've seen a lot of stuff ON VIDEO that all the dems on this board will dismiss. Also you and I posted lots of stuff. It won't matter mk ultra succeeded and those people are already gone man, solid gone. Its the new norm.

On the subject of the January 6th storming of the "People's House", I highly recommend viewing HBO's "The Insurrectionist Next Door’ which is a documentary about ordinary citizens involved who were arrested.

Don't let the fact the documentary was the product of Alexandra Pelosi who happens to be the daughter of Nancy Pelosi prevent you from at least trying to watch the film. She admits her political bias, but IMO Pelosi comes across as rather charming in her own way. Along the same vane, those arrested and found guilty came across as likable folks who sure didn't seem to be criminals in my opinion.
Spot on re the those arrested and pelosi. A credit to her. Humanizing. We need more like her and less msnbc fox etc. well done

Reactions: Spartans9312
Oh I am sure she made her own bones. Zero leg ups. I know you all hate parents giving kids a little help to start their carrier. Right?
No it’s well done. Humanizes the Jan 6 people. In ways you don’t see in the courts and media. She did a great job and she herself is very likable. Watch it.

Reactions: Spartans9312
How many of these people were later indicted?

This Department of Justice is absolutely evil. I don't think any government action has ever angered me to such an extent.

I would like to see Garland drawn and quartered in the town square and I will see you guys in the next life because I'm sure the FBI will show up on my door tomorrow for posting this.

It’s her daughter not her
Did you watch the Doc? I have not. If these are truly good people with little to no criminal history who got swept up in the mob and did something stupid, I assume most of them got off with a slap on the wrist?

Is that the case? Or are some of them serving prison sentences?

Because if they're serving prison sentences something is seriously wrong with our government. A U.S. taxpayer, breaking a tax payer funded window, in the U.S. Capitol that was built with tax payer funds, being sent to jail by a taxpayer funded prosecutor to sit in a tax payer funded prison.

Our government no longer seems to understand who is in charge of who.

• Love
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Did you watch the Doc? I have not. If these are truly good people with little to no criminal history who got swept up in the mob and did something stupid, I assume most of them got off with a slap on the wrist?

Is that the case? Or are some of them serving prison sentences?

Because if they're serving prison sentences something is seriously wrong with our government. A U.S. taxpayer, breaking a tax payer funded window, in the U.S. Capitol that was built with tax payer funds, being sent to jail by a taxpayer funded prosecutor to sit in a tax payer funded prison.

Our government no longer seems to understand who is in charge of who.
I did watch it and I liked it and thought pelosi’s daughter did a great job and was a very likable person. She spent time with these people and as I said humanized them and largely represented the anomalous nature of their actions or even if in keeping then showed they had families and were Americans and people worthy of sympathy. But that’s not how court works. It’s not a human interest story. It’s sterilized distilled facts matched against statutory elements on a crowded docket

I did watch it and I liked it and thought pelosi’s daughter did a great job and was a very likable person. She spent time with these people and as I said humanized them and largely represented the anomalous nature of their actions or even if in keeping then showed they had families and were Americans and people worthy of sympathy. But that’s not how court works. It’s not a human interest story. It’s sterilized distilled facts matched against statutory elements on a crowded docket
"That's not how court works" means different things in different jurisdictions, I'm sure you would agree.

A Federal jurisdiction with an axe to grind against a political opponent, is different than yet another Chicago smash and grab being sent to the DA. Both have more than crowded dockets. One get's charged, one doesn't. Thats politics baby.

Will this country ever recover after that day??
It’s not going to be easy to rebuild. But we will fight and claw our way back. Because we are Americans god darn it. And that’s what we do.

I’m not sure I’m ever going to be able to shake images of people exiting a corridor peacefully from my mind. But I will have to try to sleep easy at night.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
It’s not going to be easy to rebuild. But we will fight and claw our way back. Because we are Americans god darn it. And that’s what we do.

I’m not sure I’m ever going to be able to shake images of people exiting a corridor peacefully from my mind. But I will have to try to sleep easy at night.
This was actually after the Hitler speech given by Trump too… democracy was lost that day! #neverforget

If nothing else these videos should add some much needed context to that day for the uninformed.

There were some violent assholes that showed up that day with the purpose to cause chaos. 99% of them were peaceful yokels who loved Trump. "Insurrection" is such a stupid term. That is not what 1/6 was.

If nothing else these videos should add some much needed context to that day for the uninformed.

There were some violent assholes that showed up that day with the purpose to cause chaos. 99% of them were peaceful yokels who loved Trump. "Insurrection" is such a stupid term. That is not what 1/6 was.
This is what it was...

capitol-police-gty-rc-210108_1610107317802_hpEmbed_25x16_992.jpg

Electoral_College_Riot_2500-1200x800.jpg

20210117-parler-video-essay-1200x630.jpg

This Department of Justice is absolutely evil. I don't think any government action has ever angered me to such an extent.

I would like to see Garland drawn and quartered in the town square and I will see you guys in the next life because I'm sure the FBI will show up on my door tomorrow for posting this.
If they’re leaving peacefully, you let them leave. WTF is hard to understand about that?

This is what it was...

capitol-police-gty-rc-210108_1610107317802_hpEmbed_25x16_992.jpg

Electoral_College_Riot_2500-1200x800.jpg

20210117-parler-video-essay-1200x630.jpg

This goes back to the riots of that summer. It was very clearly what you posted while at the same time also being an orderly protest. "Mostly peaceful" but everyone has more than enough evidence to ask, "Well other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play."

To me it comes down to disparate treatment. Some mostly peaceful protests and protestors are allowed much more latitude, much more often and when you are the wrong side of that, it becomes infuriating after awhile.

This goes back to the riots of that summer. It was very clearly what you posted while at the same time also being an orderly protest. "Mostly peaceful" but everyone has more than enough evidence to ask, "Well other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play."

To me it comes down to disparate treatment. Some mostly peaceful protests and protestors are allowed much more latitude, much more often and when you are the wrong side of that, it becomes infuriating after awhile.
I get your point, but the summer protests/riots have nothing to do with 1/6.

I get your point, but the summer protests/riots have nothing to do with 1/6.

They do and they don't. You can't separate how at least one side views each one of the events without the context of the other.

It is like with kids. You could have two separate acts that you are disciplining for that you may feel are separate but they view as being equally bad. If you come down harder on one than the other one is going to feel aggrieved. And as a parent, sometimes they are right. We think we are being fair but in hindsight that isn't always the case because we get caught in the moment too.

They do and they don't. You can't separate how at least one side views each one of the events without the context of the other.

It is like with kids. You could have two separate acts that you are disciplining for that you may feel are separate but they view as being equally bad. If you come down harder on one than the other one is going to feel aggrieved. And as a parent, sometimes they are right. We think we are being fair but in hindsight that isn't always the case because we get caught in the moment too.
Kids.
Now you are drifting even further off the topic. Everything does not, in fact, equal everything. That's been the GOP strategy for the last few years. You are better than that.

😡

So dumb. He wasn’t charged with anything that happened in that video. I’d also bet that the Trumpster Twitter Twits summation of the story is inaccurate or totally bogus. Most of the twits you link are full of crap.
As far as I know, the prosecution‘s sentencing recommendations are always pinned down before the plea. Sometimes, the prosecution might simply leave it to the judge with no recommendation. If the terrorism enhancement came as a surprise, the defendant did not have effective assistance of counsel, which would be cause to withdraw the plea.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT