ADVERTISEMENT

Inflation June

The capacity wouldn’t be an issue. Each Bitcoin is divisible by a 100 million sats.
So would that be a one time division of (let’s say) todays quantity, or would that division be a variable and what kind of messed up crap would that cause? If even at all.
this is getting into realm of a light year and space expansion fir my mind to get wrapped around.

Thank you. I will read the book. I’ve read some and been following the price daily for almost a year. Honestly getting the concept through my thick skull has been tough.
No worries. I was in the same spot until I started reading about it. Once it clicks you’ll buy some and won’t sell. I had similar thoughts as twenty02 and JDB before I took time to actual study it. I enjoy their silly takes on it.

Reactions: stollcpa
I would hope that it would encourage him to offer up a cogent response. He is a very defensive person, motivated by any perceived slight, so maybe he will surprise us.
I don't disagree . . . which is why I was thinking that he might be negatively motivated by the slight.

So would that be a one time division of (let’s say) todays quantity, or would that division be a variable and what kind of messed up crap would that cause? If even at all.
this is getting into realm of a light year and space expansion fir my mind to get wrapped around.
No, you can divide it an infinite amount of times. So, for example, I could take 1 Bitcoin and send 1 sat to a 100 million people and they could send it back to me and I could send 1 sat to another 100 million people.

No, you can divide it an infinite amount of times. So, for example, I could take 1 Bitcoin and send 1 sat to a 100 million people and they could send it back to me and I could send 1 sat to another 100 million people.
What's a sat?

My buddy's son just graduated from college with a data science background... had 6 job offers in the $120-140k range.

Either pay up for talent or be left behind.
Or put the money into ways to eliminate people, unfortunately that is the way you will probably see the banking world go in the very near future and I can see other industries following suit. We are kind of an industry leader for Community banks (we are about a 2-3 billion dollar organization) in our market and what we do will usually dictate what others do in that same market.

Job offers and the money are really relative to location, 120k in my market is huge not so much in others, typically those type numbers are products of desperation.

A couple thoughts:

The unemployment/job numbers are a fraud game that has been played for too long now by both sides. If someone just stops looking for a job they are no longer counted in these numbers. Because Dems set up a system where people made more sitting at home on unemployment than working you now have people who don't want to work - even if the extra unemployment goes away. You see this now when your favorite restaurant is closed one day during the middle of the week and when they are open they close off entire sections because they only have a couple servers.

Gas prices are still extraordinarily high and if you consider the current small drop to the rest of the year and last year, it's not good. In June gas prices went up 11.2% (a 60% increase from the same time in 2021), so to see it drop to the point where it is still over $4.60/gal today is better than over $5 but nowhere near good enough.

Today the report came in on inflation and it's 9.1%. Horrible. That will start to hit everything quickly. The Fed will absolutely have to raise interest rates again. This is all going to snowball and once winter hits and the price of heating your home skyrockets it's going to be ugly. So if you hang your hat on some of these "improvements" it's not going to end well and a lot of people are going to suffer.
Heating this winter is going to be a hard hit. You can control AC use at least to a great degree and get by but heat is a lot harder and if we have a rough winter it could be bad. I was surprised that propane wasn't nearly as bad as expected when I checked a week ago. If you use that or fuel oil you can't put 10 gallon a week in like your car. I have a 1000 gal tank and pretty much just heat with wood so never been effected. First yr on my own I was stuck and there was some huge shortage and between prices and being a new customer on an old tank I didn't own it was bad. I used to go walk around at the mall to warm up. Had a woodstove the next yr. I grew up with it and had sworn I never wanted to do that again. 35 years later and really glad to have that independence from worrying about heat, not for everyone . I have good friends in Texas and they at least had a fireplace and some wood never intending to need it but their decorative fire woodpile got them through that mess.

It is going to hit people hard this winter with prices and lots won't be prepared from a money standpoint

Heating this winter is going to be a hard hit. You can control AC use at least to a great degree and get by but heat is a lot harder and if we have a rough winter it could be bad. I was surprised that propane wasn't nearly as bad as expected when I checked a week ago. If you use that or fuel oil you can't put 10 gallon a week in like your car. I have a 1000 gal tank and pretty much just heat with wood so never been effected. First yr on my own I was stuck and there was some huge shortage and between prices and being a new customer on an old tank I didn't own it was bad. I used to go walk around at the mall to warm up. Had a woodstove the next yr. I grew up with it and had sworn I never wanted to do that again. 35 years later and really glad to have that independence from worrying about heat, not for everyone . I have good friends in Texas and they at least had a fireplace and some wood never intending to need it but their decorative fire woodpile got them through that mess.

It is going to hit people hard this winter with prices and lots won't be prepared from a money standpoint
In my area of Central IL, electric bills really spiked this past month. Most of the power suppliers had announced electric rate increases, but hard to appreciate until it hits your bill.

Between high temps and rate increases, most saw a 50-60 percent increase over previous month.

Can I use Bitcoin to buy hookers and blow?

Asking for a friend.

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: larsIU
I don't disagree . . . which is why I was thinking that he might be negatively motivated by the slight.
Don't be fooled Sope. OS instigates and inordinate number of the bitch, piss and moan slap fests around these parts. Someone who consistently mischaracterizes and trolls has no right to call other people defensive. OS doesn't have the self awareness to be characterizing others as much of anything.

The saddest is part is the "Woe is me" victim act he puts on after people call him out.

You're heading down a bad path from what I've seen of your posting lately as well. You better turn it around or risk be written off as 90% of this forum has done to OS.

In my area of Central IL, electric bills really spiked this past month. Most of the power suppliers had announced electric rate increases, but hard to appreciate until it hits your bill.

Between high temps and rate increases, most saw a 50-60 percent increase over previous month.
I haven't noticed much on mine here, N Indiana . My first AC bill wasn't bad , will see what this one is. I have an easier time with it somehow vs gas for heat.

Nah. You can always add more layers and keep your house cooler in the winter. Keeping your house in the upper 70s or higher is terrible for your sleep and health.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Nah. You can always add more layers and keep your house cooler in the winter. Keeping your house in the upper 70s or higher is terrible for your sleep and health.
Totally, I will run the AC ! I cant sleep if I'm sweating but at least pipes don't freeze if you cut that back. I still prefer 50's and a cpl blankets to sleep.

For me and people that aren't on natural gas you have to buy quantities at a time vs the electric meter we all have. I hate hearing a furnace kick on vs the AC . At some point with heat you have to keep a minimum to keep the water in the extremities from freezing. I like having some control, I'm not a gardener so my food I buy and have stuff put back. I am concerned the food issue is going to get worse this winter along with the heating that is going to catch a lot of people.

The great thing with a stove your house can be cool and you cant stand next to it and warm up vs cool air from a radiator.

Don't be fooled Sope. OS instigates and inordinate number of the bitch, piss and moan slap fests around these parts. Someone who consistently mischaracterizes and trolls has no right to call other people defensive. OS doesn't have the self awareness to be characterizing others as much of anything.

The saddest is part is the "Woe is me" victim act he puts on after people call him out.

You're heading down a bad path from what I've seen of your posting lately as well. You better turn it around or risk be written off as 90% of this forum has done to OS.
Thank you for your advice regarding OS . . . I am well aware of his love for all things Tom Brady . . . it makes me cautious about him . . .

. . . regarding your last paragraph, I have no idea what you're referring to. Without specifics I have no reference point to understand your comment. Could you provide specifics/evidence/examples?

TIA . . . .

Been hearing that for over a year now. Meanwhile, I literally can't hire anyone to make 40-50k a year IN AN ENTRY LEVEL (ISH) POSITION. I'm talking no college degree, walk and chew gum, pat your tummy and rub your head kind of qualified.

Okay, if I can come in at 10:00, leave at 3:00, and not do much in between, I'd be willing to talk. Need to make it worth my while, though.

Probably not, especially after the 4% raise I just got.

The Bloomington store has hit it's revenue budget every single month since I've been there. I remind them of that frequently.
As you should.

There is a metric I've used for about 4-5 years to measure my department's performance. It has increased by 78% over that time.

I've been layered twice. Neither of those people understood what that metric is. Both were promoted so at least I don't report to them anymore.

Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT