ADVERTISEMENT

I would be all for gun control.....

Which is why we need to be able to have weapons. If our Gov. is willing to arm our enemies we should be able to arm ourselves against our Gov.

I'm not following you logic. I would go the opposite way. But then again, I'm not greedy abd this is more about money then anything else.

The extreme liberal Eisenhower warned us.

The genie is out of the bottle with guns. Too bad we can't do with guns what we have done to cigarette smoking and make it what it is ... a dirty killer of the ignorant and the innocent. Too bad there is so much collateral damage. It shouldn't be easier to get a drivers license then to get a gun permit. That is stupid.

The genie is out of the bottle with guns. Too bad we can't do with guns what we have done to cigarette smoking and make it what it is ... a dirty killer of the ignorant and the innocent. Too bad there is so much collateral damage. It shouldn't be easier to get a drivers license then to get a gun permit. That is stupid.

There's no overnight solution or easy answer, that's what the gun nuts are using on the VPMs of the world.

There are plenty of examples of gun control and reduced homicide/suicide rates.

It may take a couple decades for a significant drop, but an easily and abundantly supplied country clearly isn't working.

Unfortunately there are too many VPMs that buy the BS.

Reactions: MaxCoke
There's no overnight solution or easy answer, that's what the gun nuts are using on the VPMs of the world.

There are plenty of examples of gun control and reduced homicide/suicide rates.

It may take a couple decades for a significant drop, but an easily and abundantly supplied country clearly isn't working.

Unfortunately there are too many VPMs that buy the BS.
The main problem is the NRA has been taken over by manufacturers, whose interests aren't the same as gun owners. 2nd Amendment enthusiasts have largely swallowed the BS they get from the NRA and right-wing politicians on this issue, and have been convinced that, for some strange reason, the best way to protect the right for responsible adults to legally own guns is to make guns as readily available to any random person as humanly possible.

Which is why we need to be able to have weapons. If our Gov. is willing to arm our enemies we should be able to arm ourselves against our Gov.

Having guns in the age of Drones? Yea, that will help. Not saying I don't agree, but that thought is very 19th century. We can't own enough firepower to even make a dent. We would each need a drone. Then we can talk about drone control.

Who said yYou can have m
The main problem is the NRA has been taken over by manufacturers, whose interests aren't the same as gun owners. 2nd Amendment enthusiasts have largely swallowed the BS they get from the NRA and right-wing politicians on this issue, and have been convinced that, for some strange reason, the best way to protect the right for responsible adults to legally own guns is to make guns as readily available to any random person as humanly possible.

Calling you dumb isn't name calling, it's a very accurate fact.
Aren't ALL facts accurate by their very definition?

As far as guns are concerned, we have shown, time and time again, that as a society we cannot handle the responsibly of having guns. And to those who tout the line: "we need guns to protect us from our own gov't"...well, that's dumber than believing that the earth is only 6000 years old.

Having guns in the age of Drones? Yea, that will help. Not saying I don't agree, but that thought is very 19th century. We can't own enough firepower to even make a dent. We would each need a drone. Then we can talk about drone control.

You are correct and the Gov. has automatic weapons which we as Civi's can't even purchase. I still rather be armed than non-armed.. at least I can get killed trying to shoot it out of the sky.

Fear ... is the motivation.

Do you even understand what the last bill for gun control proposed? I'm guessing you don't because your responses show a complete lack of knowledge about the subject.

Di I think that the city of Chicago can pass laws to control gun violence? No, because I'm not really, really stupid.

Now if we look at a place that had free gun laws and passed stringent measures throughout the whole country, then we might have something to go on.

How about this story:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2012/08/02/did-gun-control-work-in-australia/

Or this:

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/05/gun-control-in-australia/

Or this:

Or this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/15/gun-violence-australia-sydney_n_6329158.html

Do I think gun control will end gun related deaths? Of course not, I'm not an idiot.

Now dazzle me with your thoughts on how I'm wrong, that don't included a bit from Fox News.
The City of Chicago had some of the more restrictive gun purchase laws in the nation, but the Supreme Court overturned their purchase law in 2010. The City then passed different legislation, also intending to make it more difficult to buy a gun (fingerprints, a video recording of the purchase, I think) but that law was also recently overturned in the courts.

In the end, it doesn't matter in Chicago, because anyone there who wants to purchase a gun simply needs to come to NW Indiana. Here, they can buy pretty much whatever firearm they want at gun shows held every now and then at places like the Lake Co. fairgrounds, where you can buy a weapon without a background check of any kind.

Ridiculous.

The City of Chicago had some of the more restrictive gun purchase laws in the nation, but the Supreme Court overturned their purchase law in 2010. The City then passed different legislation, also intending to make it more difficult to buy a gun (fingerprints, a video recording of the purchase, I think) but that law was also recently overturned in the courts.

In the end, it doesn't matter in Chicago, because anyone there who wants to purchase a gun simply needs to come to NW Indiana. Here, they can buy pretty much whatever firearm they want at gun shows held every now and then at places like the Lake Co. fairgrounds, where you can buy a weapon without a background check of any kind.

Ridiculous.

Your last paragraph is my point. Chicago could have a zero gun policy and it doesn't matter, just drive a few miles in any direction and buy one there.

VPM doesn't think that broad. If they don't sell bread in his neighborhood he goes without.

Your last paragraph is my point. Chicago could have a zero gun policy and it doesn't matter, just drive a few miles in any direction and buy one there.

VPM doesn't think that broad. If they don't sell bread in his neighborhood he goes without.
Or just have a Mexican grow one.

Ridiculous.
Yeah, but if they limit all those gun sales to just gun shows, at least we don't have to worry about the blacks inner-city urban types getting their hands on them.

This whole states rights baffles me. I live in the United States. I am from the USA. I thought we we all for one and one for all. Indiana we have been subject to a governor is an idiot. he is praised because Indiana has a surplus. For what cost?

Here is what you simply don't understand. A gun in the hand of a good person is a great thing. They can use it for hunting,protecting one's family and property. Are good people shooting each other in Chicago? No, it's bad people. So if you have gun control you are only taking guns out of the hands the good people because by definition bad people don't follow those pesky laws. They will find a way to get guns. Actually your statement about buying in your neighborhood or outside makes my point. Bad people go outside their neighborhood if that is what it takes. Good people will abide by the law. Hence you have criminals with guns and the law abiding without.

Here is what you simply don't understand. A gun in the hand of a good person is a great thing. They can use it for hunting,protecting one's family and property. Are good people shooting each other in Chicago? No, it's bad people. So if you have gun control you are only taking guns out of the hands the good people because by definition bad people don't follow those pesky laws. They will find a way to get guns. Actually your statement about buying in your neighborhood or outside makes my point. Bad people go outside their neighborhood if that is what it takes. Good people will abide by the law. Hence you have criminals with guns and the law abiding without.

I have to think your life is very blissful.

LOL ....

I have to think your life is very blissful.
You simply don't understand.
81584519.jpg

If only life was all butterflys, zebras and moonbeams.
3 years ago, so I would have been 57, my back door was kicked in by 3 young men that sought my treasures. They were 17-18 and had some muscle and pounds on me; and one was just recently released from juvenile detention. If I would not have had a Glock G22 close by, I am not sure what would have happened. What did happen is that they were allowed to flee, and had to clean their own underwear.
I agree that responsible people should be allowed to be armed (obviously that includes me).
BUT we know that you can't fix stupid so we need to control it.
If you ever lose a gun that is not locked so that someone else cannot use it, you should go to jail and can never own another weapon and you get AIDS or something.
For those who have not had a concealed carry course, you might be surprised at how much it is designed to have you NOT shoot a weapon. Much more about thinking ahead about dangerous situations and avoiding them, and how much hell you will go through if you do fire.
I could have capped the SOB's that broke into my house, and threatened me and mine without any problem. I did not, but would have in a second if they had not backed off so quickly.
I don't give a flying F about statistics, feelings, race (if I did, I would have shot), or anything else. I am glad that things turned out the way they did, because who needs the hassle; but there is no question that I was very close to shooting someone and I have no problem with that in the situation I was in.

If only life was all butterflys, zebras and moonbeams.
3 years ago, so I would have been 57, my back door was kicked in by 3 young men that sought my treasures. They were 17-18 and had some muscle and pounds on me; and one was just recently released from juvenile detention. If I would not have had a Glock G22 close by, I am not sure what would have happened. What did happen is that they were allowed to flee, and had to clean their own underwear.
I agree that responsible people should be allowed to be armed (obviously that includes me).
BUT we know that you can't fix stupid so we need to control it.
If you ever lose a gun that is not locked so that someone else cannot use it, you should go to jail and can never own another weapon and you get AIDS or something.
For those who have not had a concealed carry course, you might be surprised at how much it is designed to have you NOT shoot a weapon. Much more about thinking ahead about dangerous situations and avoiding them, and how much hell you will go through if you do fire.
I could have capped the SOB's that broke into my house, and threatened me and mine without any problem. I did not, but would have in a second if they had not backed off so quickly.
I don't give a flying F about statistics, feelings, race (if I did, I would have shot), or anything else. I am glad that things turned out the way they did, because who needs the hassle; but there is no question that I was very close to shooting someone and I have no problem with that in the situation I was in.
Good stuff. The key is that gun ownership should be a privilege earned through training and demonstrated acceptance of responsibly and respect for the awesome power of firearms.

My two cents:

-gun control isn't about abolishing guns, but about finding and indentifying the idiots that shouldnt be having them in the first place. Why this is debatable is beyond me.

-the idea that prescription drugs and their everyday abuse in today's society as it relates to shootings is pretty compelling. The article linked makes this point fairly well.
http://washingtonweeklynews.com/nea...e-one-thing-in-common-and-it-isnt-the-weapon/
-I also approve of the idea that shooters names should never be released to the public in the news. If you remove that little carrot from their crazy effed up minds, I'd wager public shootings go way down.

I think that "gun shows" lack much needed regulation! A lot of guns change hands at "gun shows".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT