ADVERTISEMENT

Have to give Painter props

Congrats on being 9-5 and likely missing the tournament.
If true, it would be the first time in some time...something you certainly are all too familiar with though, and, while it may be "likely" in Purdue's case, it is a given in IU's.

If true, it would be the first time in some time...something you certainly are all too familiar with though, and, while it may be "likely" in Purdue's case, it is a given in IU's.
What’s a given for IU?

BTW, it’s not too far removed from Painter missing the tournament two years in a row and finishing last place in 2013.

An autocorrect is what you are trying to hang your hat on? Lol. Since Archie dominates Izzo, does that make him worthy of taking over for him? Obviously not.

I’m here because I’m an IU fan. You are here because you are a Purdue fan and need validation from IU fans.

As a 60 year old dude it’s sad that you are in an internet message board spat. Embarrassing really. I’m assuming you have no wife or kids since you have so much time to be on here.
It’s not an autocorrect. “Conscious“ doesn’t get corrected, idiot. It’s not knowing the proper word.

And you're no IU fan, since you’ve shown you know nothing about the program. Not. One. Thing. Then there’s your embarrassingly low expectations for the program, your ignorance about Davis, Sampson and Crean, and your lack of insight into Big 10 basketball. Sorry, no one believes you’re an IU fan.

As for Painter, name one basketball expert who would agree with your opinion of him. Just one. We both know anyone would laugh in your face. I’ll wait . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: Radio Zero
It’s not an autocorrect, “Conscious“ doesn’t get corrected, idiot. it’s not knowing the proper word.

And you're no IU fan, since you’ve shown you know nothing about the program. Not. One. Thing. Then there’s your embarrassingly low expectations for the program, your ignorance about Davis, Sampson and Crean, and your lack of insight into Big 10 basketball. Sorry, no one believes you’re an IU fan.

As for Painter, name one basketball expert who would agree with your opinion of him. Just one. We both know anyone would laugh in your face. I’ll wait . . .
Lol it is an autocorrect, but I don’t expect anyone in their 60s to know what an autocorrect is.

What exactly are my low expectations? I haven’t provided my expectations for IU. I’m very familiar on the three coaches you mentioned. Apparently the only thing I didn’t know was that players threatened to leave if they didn’t pick Davis. They should have let people leave and hired an elite coach.

Painter is the best coach Purdue could hope for, so obviously no one nationally is calling for his head you dipsh*t. No one would ever recommend him for the IU job though.

Lol it is an autocorrect, but I don’t expect anyone in their 60s to know what an autocorrect is.

What exactly are my low expectations? I haven’t provided my expectations for IU. I’m very familiar on the three coaches you mentioned. Apparently the only thing I didn’t know was that players threatened to leave if they didn’t pick Davis. They should have let people leave and hired an elite coach.

Painter is the best coach Purdue could hope for, so obviously no one nationally is calling for his head you dipsh*t. No one would ever recommend him for the IU job though.
They’re two distinct words. Did you really not know that? Wow.

As for expectations, you touted Miller’s progress while not realizing that he finished on the same position in the Big 10 in Year 3 as he did in Year 1. You also expressed satisfaction with where are this year, as if we’ve achieved anything. Yes, your expectations are low, though it’s clear why that is so.

You already showed you knew nothing about Davis, that you weren’t aware of the issues surrounding Sampson, you claimed Crean had us as title contenders in 2013 when those of us who followed the program knew that wasn’t the case. You demonstrated your ignorance.

Now, which basketball expert would agree with your view of Painter? Please name just one. I’ll wait while you squirm.

They’re two distinct words. Did you really not know that? Wow.

As for expectations, you touted Miller’s progress while not realizing that he finished on the same position in the Big 10 in Year 3 as he did in Year 1. You also expressed satisfaction with where are this year, as if we’ve achieved anything. Yes, your expectations are low, though it’s clear why that is so.

You already showed you knew nothing about Davis, that you weren’t aware of the issues surrounding Sampson, you claimed Crean had us as title contenders in 2013 when those of us who followed the program knew that wasn’t the case. You demonstrated your ignorance.

Now, which basketball expert would agree with your view of Painter? Please name just one. I’ll wait while you squirm.
You are a dumb*ss. Archie finished in 6th place in year 1 while 10th place in year 3, however you are too dumb to understand the Big Ten was significantly better in year 3 than they were in year 1.

Im very aware of what the issues surrounding Sampson were. He was on probation and violated that probation by contacting Gordon too much (legal now). Crean did have a national title contender in 2013. He had a number 1 seed in the tournament and beat your team by 28 points at assembly hall and by 37 points in Mackey. I was at both games.

Show me one relevant person that says IU should hire Painter. You can’t, because no one is dumb enough to say that (besides you).

You are a dumb*ss. Archie finished in 6th place in year 1 while 10th place in year 3, however you are too dumb to understand the Big Ten was significantly better in year 3 than they were in year 1.

Im very aware of what the issues surrounding Sampson were. He was on probation and violated that probation by contacting Gordon too much (legal now). Crean did have a national title contender in 2013. He had a number 1 seed in the tournament and beat your team by 28 points at assembly hall and by 37 points in Mackey. I was at both games.

Show me one relevant person that says IU should hire Painter. You can’t, because no one is dumb enough to say that (besides you).
You admitted you didn’t know about Davis and that you didn’t know about Sampson lying repeatedly to IU. No one thought we were a contender in 2013 after crashing out of the BTT in the semis. You weren’t watching, obviously, if you were dumb enough to believe otherwise. And your weak “you’re a Purdue fan” garbage only shows you have no factual argument. I seriously doubt you’ve been to any IU game, home or away, with such limited knowledge.

Now, why are you afraid to list even one basketball expert who would agree with your view of Painter? What’s the problem, sport? And where did I say we should hire him? I only said he was better than anyone we’ve hired. Try to pay attention, Clyde. Lol

And you really didn’t know “conscious” and “conscience” are two different words? Seriously?

An autocorrect is what you are trying to hang your hat on? Lol. Since Archie dominates Izzo, does that make him worthy of taking over for him? Obviously not.

I’m here because I’m an IU fan. You are here because you are a Purdue fan and need validation from IU fans.

As a 60 year old dude it’s sad that you are in an internet message board spat. Embarrassing really. I’m assuming you have no wife or kids since you have so much time to be on here.
You went to Ball State. Why are you here?

You admitted you didn’t know about Davis and that you didn’t know about Sampson lying repeatedly to IU. No one thought we were a contender in 2013 after crashing out of the BTT in the semis. You weren’t watching, obviously, if you were dumb enough to believe otherwise. And your weak “you’re a Purdue fan” garbage only shows you have no factual argument. I seriously doubt you’ve been to any IU game, home or away, with such limited knowledge.

Now, why are you afraid to list even one basketball expert who would agree with your view of Painter? What’s the problem, sport? And where did I say we should hire him? I only said he was better than anyone we’ve hired. Try to pay attention, Clyde. Lol

And you really didn’t know “conscious” and “conscience” are two different words? Seriously?
See this shows how big of a Purdue fan you are. I knew everything about Sampson as I’ve shown. We 100% were a contender in 2013. We were the favorites to win the title.

Notice how you can’t provide one credible example saying IU should hire Painter? It’s because no one thinks he deserves a top job.

Time for you to go to bed Purdue Pete.

See this shows how big of a Purdue fan you are. I knew everything about Sampson as I’ve shown. We 100% were a contender in 2013. We were the favorites to win the title.

Notice how you can’t provide one credible example saying IU should hire Painter? It’s because no one thinks he deserves a top job.

Time for you to go to bed Purdue Pete.
You didn’t know anything about Davis, you admitted you didn’t know about Sampson repeatedly lying or about the academic transgressions.

As for 2013, no one who saw that team down the stretch thought we were the favorite to win it all. Were you foolish enough to believe otherwise? Wow. Lol.

And I never said IU should hire MP, only that he wouldn’t have been fired by IU. Even someone like you should understand the distinction. Of course, you didn’t know conscious and conscience were distinct words, so maybe you aren’t capable of comprehending the obvious.

Now, who’s your expert? Lol

You didn’t know anything about Davis, you admitted you didn’t know about Sampson repeatedly lying or about the academic transgressions.

As for 2013, no one who saw that team down the stretch thought we were the favorite to win it all. Were you foolish enough to believe otherwise? Wow. Lol.

And I never said IU should hire MP, only that he wouldn’t have been fired by IU. Even someone like you should understand the distinction. Of course, you didn’t know conscious and conscience were distinct words, so maybe you aren’t capable of comprehending the obvious.

Now, who’s your expert? Lol
You are a Purdue fan, it’s obvious. Sampson did no such thing as you claim which further proves you are a Purdue fan and fall for conspiracy theories.

Many analysts picked IU to win the tournament in 2013, so once again, you are wrong.

You Have been an adamant Painter defender as only a Purdue fan could. No relevant person would suggest Painter for a relevant job. You can’t provide any articles to contradict that.

Good game for Ivey last night, first to admit. Instead of shooting 35% from the field he’s now shooting 38%.

Yep, and he piped in 13 points while your outstanding three freshman popped in 3 and the other sitting on the bench watching another defeat.

Go back to bed Coach Geezer or keep watching your beta tapes of the 76 season.

Reactions: DAG10
Leal and Galloway are better than Ivey and Morton. Franklin is better than Newman.

They absolutely are not better. When you look at last night's stats for example, our freshmen combined for 32 points, 17 boards, and 4 assists. IU's freshmen combined for 3 points, 3 boards, and 4 assists. Just thought I'd come back to this. Leaving this here as I never doubted myself.

They absolutely are not better. When you look at last night's stats for example, our freshmen combined for 32 points, 17 boards, and 4 assists. IU's freshmen combined for 3 points, 3 boards, and 4 assists. Just thought I'd come back to this. Leaving this here as I never doubted myself.

Better players are not the guys with lofty rankings, they are the guys who have winning attitudes, develop everyday into better players, are team players and end up being very good college players.

Reactions: DAG10
What’s a given for IU?

BTW, it’s not too far removed from Painter missing the tournament two years in a row and finishing last place in 2013.
IU last appeared in the NCAA tournament in 2016 and has been owned since that time by Purdue, and you want to point out that Purdue/Painter failed to make it in 2013? Genius...

IU last appeared in the NCAA tournament in 2016 and has been owned since that time by Purdue, and you want to point out that Purdue/Painter failed to make it in 2013? Genius...
Purdue would have missed the tournament last year and likely will this year as well.

We will likely fire our coach after this season. Painter will likely get an extension.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedinGold
Purdue would have missed the tournament last year and likely will this year as well.

We will likely fire our coach after this season. Painter will likely get an extension.
The only people who had IU in the tournament last year were taking heads discussing the season a week before it was over. IU was never selected nor Purdue rejected and that is fact. Purdue was also 20 some spots ahead of IU in the NET rankings and IU was in the 50’s which is bubble, no bid territory.
Congrats on another hot take. If Purdue misses the tourney this year, that will be the first thing you were right about. I doubt that happens as we have already played a lot of the top teams in the league once already.

That’s a pretty good record you have going though. Good luck wishing for Purdue to fail.

The only people who had IU in the tournament last year were taking heads discussing the season a week before it was over. IU was never selected nor Purdue rejected and that is fact. Purdue was also 20 some spots ahead of IU in the NET rankings and IU was in the 50’s which is bubble, no bid territory.
Congrats on another hot take. If Purdue misses the tourney this year, that will be the first thing you were right about. I doubt that happens as we have already played a lot of the top teams in the league once already.

That’s a pretty good record you have going though. Good luck wishing for Purdue to fail.
COVID was the greatest thing to happen to Purdue fans. They get to claim they wouldn’t have missed the tournament last year and claim IU wouldn’t have made it.

I don’t have to wish for Purdue to fail. Failing at Purdue is inevitable.

IU has not made the tournament since '16, and, won't make it again...

I hope that both coaches get extensions...long ones at that.

COVID was the greatest thing to happen to Purdue fans. They get to claim they wouldn’t have missed the tournament last year and claim IU wouldn’t have made it.

I don’t have to wish for Purdue to fail. Failing at Purdue is inevitable.
No, IU repeatedly hiring lousy coaches is one of the greatest thing to happen to Purdue fans actually.

IU has not made the NCAA tournament since 2016, and may never again...
Hmmm what’s more likely, Purdue making a final 4 or IU making the tournament sometime in the future?

Your court is named after a coach who never made a final 4.

Hmmm what’s more likely, Purdue making a final 4 or IU making the tournament sometime in the future?

Your court is named after a coach who never made a final 4.
I say the odds are even...and, if Archie remains, they swing in Purdue's favor.

If Matt Painter keeps winning games at the pace that he has in Assembly Hall, your floor may be named after him...regardless of whether he goes to a FF or not.

I say the odds are even...and, if Archie remains, they swing in Purdue's favor.

If Matt Painter keeps winning games at the pace that he has in Assembly Hall, your floor may be named after him...regardless of whether he goes to a FF or not.
Lol Purdue has no chance at a final 4.

Painter won’t have anything named after him...Well actually the cheerleading coach’s next kid may be named after him.

So Purdue's losing a freshman starter next year? That doesn't sound very logical. Stranger things have happened but I would be very surprised that Gillis would leave when he plays a lot.
Look at their roster, then look at their recruiting class. How many minutes do you think he gets on next year’s team?

Look at their roster, then look at their recruiting class. How many minutes do you think he gets on next year’s team?
A lot based upon his performance. Painter loves guys like Gillis-i.e. Grady Eifert. They may not score a lot but they do all the other things that make a "team" win. Knight always had guys like Mason on his best teams.

A lot based upon his performance. Painter loves guys like Gillis-i.e. Grady Eifert. They may not score a lot but they do all the other things that make a "team" win. Knight always had guys like Mason on his best teams.
So which of his top 50 forwards do you expect not to get much playing time? Painter respects guys like Eifert, but I guarantee you he would rather have Vince Edwards or Hummel which is the type of player Kaufman is.

You all need to get used to this thread trashing. Trojan is an expert at it. He regularly tried to do it over on the GBI board until he was banned. Good luck keeping any thread on track. He has admitted that he only gets on here to argue with people. Oh, and "Trojan" is not his only ID. He's had others - same style, same level of argumentative ignorance and disregard for other's opinions.

Good luck the rest of the way IU.

You all need to get used to this thread trashing. Trojan is an expert at it. He regularly tried to do it over on the GBI board until he was banned. Good luck keeping any thread on track. He has admitted that he only gets on here to argue with people. Oh, and "Trojan" is not his only ID. He's had others - same style, same level of argumentative ignorance and disregard for other's opinions.

Good luck the rest of the way IU.
Oh look GBI’s resident dumb*ss.

Show me where I said I only get on here to argue. You are a liar. Now run back over to your circle jerk on GBI.

So Purdue's losing a freshman starter next year? That doesn't sound very logical. Stranger things have happened but I would be very surprised that Gillis would leave when he plays a lot.
That will be up to the new players to see if they can take any of Mason's minutes. Maybe they do. Maybe they don't. But the competition in the practices should be something to behold.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT