ADVERTISEMENT

Have to give Painter props

Let me get this straight: you are unhappy with a Purdue fan posting here but you posted regularly over at GBI and there was no problem with that (according to you.) Logical consistency is obviously not your forte.

By the way, not seeking validation but just saw a really foolish comment and pointed it out. OSU and IU may be Q1, but the O$U win is viewed more favorably. Better is a comparative term.
I’m simply treating Purdue fans the same way Purdue fans treat IU fans.

Step 1: accuse visitor of seeking validation.
Step 2: tell visitor to go back to their home board.

Notice how I said IU MIGHT be Purdue’s best win? It’s either IU or OSU. Keep in mind OSU didn’t even have their best player for that game.

Might suggests a significant probability. Comparing the perceived quality of the respective wins is not really close. Note: even Dick Vitale in the RMK game last year was commenting on the relative collapse of the rivalry because of the recent streak of games.

Note also that O$U is the only B1G team that has a W/L advantage over Purdue. I believe it is approximately +3. Minimizing/Getting back the advantage makes the O$U win much more important these days. The IU/Purdue rivalry used to make wins over the opponent very satisfying to the respective fanbase. However, the lack of serious competitiveness has dulled the luster.

As for injuries, the injuries to Hummel, Haas and Robinson cost Purdue dearly. I am not aware that the winners of those games felt that their wins were cheapened.

Last edited:
Might suggests a significant probability. Comparing the perceived quality of the respective wins is not really close. Note; even Dick Vitale in the RMK game last year was commenting on the relative collapse of the rivalry because of the recent streak of games.

Note also that O$U is the only B1G team that has a W/L advantage over Purdue. I believe it is approximately +3. Minimizing/Getting back the advantage makes the O$U win much more important these days. The IU/Purdue rivalry used to make wins over the opponent very satisfying to the respective fanbase. However, the lack of serious competitiveness has dulled the luster.

As for injuries, the injuries to Hummel, Haas and Robinson cost Purdue dearly. I am not aware that the winners of those games felt that their wins were cheapened.
Nice strawman.

Let me get this straight: you are unhappy with a Purdue fan posting here but you posted regularly over at GBI and there was no problem with that (according to you.) Logical consistency is obviously not your forte.

By the way, not seeking validation but just saw a really foolish comment and pointed it out. OSU and IU may be Q1, but the O$U win is viewed more favorably. Better is a comparative term.

Treed says HI!

Are players’ moms fair game? Is this where IU fans want to go?

As a Purdue fan, that mom is fair game because she joined in the banter and was extremely opinionated in an open forum. That is much different than someone commenting about a mom that just goes to games or even yells at opponents from the stands like any other fan. Parents should be off limits on message boards if they are just being fans of their kids from the stands or at home. That is one of their most important jobs in life. Being opinionated on a message board is a game changer.

Reactions: BleedinGold
As a Purdue fan, that mom is fair game because she joined in the banter and was extremely opinionated in an open forum. That is much different than someone commenting about a mom that just goes to games or even yells at opponents from the stands like any other fan. Parents should be off limits on message boards if they are just being fans of their kids from the stands or at home. That is one of their most important jobs in life. Being opinionated on a message board is a game changer.
We can draw all types of lines to bring parents into the conversation. Should we do that?

Are players’ moms fair game? Is this where IU fans want to go?

Ask clarifying questions before you make incorrect assumptions.

I am a Treed fan especially after she smacked our little troll arcb here for trashing 19 year old kids he had never met, just because he didn't like the IU jersey they wore.

I have never made a negative personal remark about her.

Apology accepted.

Ask clarifying questions before you make incorrect assumptions.

I am a Treed fan especially after she smacked our little troll arcb here for trashing 19 year old kids he had never met, just because he didn't like the IU jersey they wore.

I have never made a negative personal remark about her.

Apology accepted.
I don’t understand your response. Can we talk about players’ moms or not? How about moms whose past is part of a pretty well established public record? Can we go there?

I don’t understand your response. Can we talk about players’ moms or not? How about moms whose past is part of a pretty well established public record? Can we go there?

IMO we can talk about parents relative to their own involvement in social media or other public expression.

Examples

Treed was a frequent poster on GBI and elsewhere, she got into it with fans similar to what I described here when she scolded arcb10200 for trashing IU players that she liked growing up with her son. She is fair game IMO although personally I only speak positively.

Richard Lagow's Dad posted often defending his son. He is fair game but again...he didn't trash fans so fans should not trash him.

Lavar Ball as stated above...open season and that is on him.

Haas' Mother spread some stories on Twitter about IU student section planning to mock her daughter with special needs. That story was not accurate and she was called out for it and that is on her.

Yogi's Mom got into it with some PU fans who yelled racial crap at her to sit down. She referred to them as "Purdouche" She retweeted a photoshopped photo of a KY player flipping the bird...so she has entered the frey although all I ever talked about is how hot she is.

I can't think of others at the moment.

Reactions: TrojanFan004
IMO we can talk about parents relative to their own involvement in social media or other public expression.

Examples

Treed was a frequent poster on GBI and elsewhere, she got into it with fans similar to what I described here when she scolded arcb10200 for trashing IU players that she liked growing up with her son. She is fair game IMO although personally I only speak positively.

Richard Lagow's Dad posted often defending his son. He is fair game but again...he didn't trash fans so fans should not trash him.

Haas' Mother spread some stories on Twitter about IU student section planning to mock her daughter with special needs. That story was not accurate and she was called out for it and that is on her.

Yogi's Mom got into it with some PU fans who yelled racial crap at her to sit down. She referred to them as "Purdouche" She retweeted a photoshopped photo of a KY player flipping the bird...so she has entered the frey although all I ever talked about is how hot she is.

The dealio with Haas had to do with his sister and it was shared in photographic evidence as a flyer handed out to the Crimson Guard telling them to attack him by making fun of her disability.
I’ve been to many IU Purdue games at assembly hall and I think the worst I ever saw there was directed at Kramer’s mom.

Reactions: Bill4411
The dealio with Haas had to do with his sister and it was shared in photographic evidence as a flyer handed out to the Crimson Guard telling them to attack him by making fun of her disability.
I’ve been to many IU Purdue games at assembly hall and I think the worst I ever saw there was directed at Kramer’s mom.

Well to be fair Chris Kramer is one of the bigger douchebags to come out of Purdue which is a feat in of itself all things considered, and his mom isn’t far behind. Flipping birds to IU fans all while your son dances and spits on the IU logo after barely beating one of the worst fielded IU teams probably warrants whatever she got.

Reactions: Radio Zero

This is inaccurate.

The flyer (I saw it) for the students (a stupid thing, but I digress) indicated his Sister's name was X among a list of other factoids to razz players about. No mention of disability. I suppose they were to chant "X is better" or some lame shit.

Once it became known that the young lady had special needs texts went out informing all of the potential for misunderstanding and the flyers were collected as best they could. Your version is wrong and what Ms Haas got blasted for.

So stop spreading lies.

I saw the Kramer's in action in TAH, they got what they gave. I saw his Dad (or at least who PU folks here said was his Dad when I described this guy) screaming back and forth with the students after the last game.

This is inaccurate.

The flyer (I saw it) for the students (a stupid thing, but I digress) indicated his Sister's name was X among a list of other factoids to razz players about. No mention of disability. I suppose they were to chant "X is better" or some lame shit.

Once it became known that the young lady had special needs texts went out informing all of the potential for misunderstanding and the flyers were collected as best they could. Your version is wrong and what Ms Haas got blasted for.

So stop spreading lies.

I saw the Kramer's in action in TAH, they got what they gave. I saw his Dad (or at least who PU folks here said was his Dad when I described this guy) screaming back and forth with the students after the last game.

I had not heard this about Haas’ sister, but quick Twitter search shows your story checks out. While it may have been in bad taste to include family members names, there’s nothing that alludes to Haas’ sister having a disability or to mock her. Typical Purdue drivel.

Examples

For someone who has claimed multiple times to not even visit Rupp or GBI, you sure know a LOT about what's posted on those sites, lol!

Re Haas, you're 100% wrong (again). There were posts / tweets made from some IU students who apologized for the behavior and promised it wouldn't happen again (well, I guess until they started cheering "f_ck Matt Haarms").

But you keep doing you CS2.

I had not heard this about Haas’ sister, but quick Twitter search shows your story checks out. While it may have been in bad taste to include family members names, there’s nothing that alludes to Haas’ sister having a disability or to mock her. Typical Purdue drivel.

Haha Purdue has been spreading this misinformation for years.

For someone who has claimed multiple times to not even visit Rupp or GBI, you sure know a LOT about what's posted on those sites, lol!

Re Haas, you're 100% wrong (again). There were posts / tweets made from some IU students who apologized for the behavior and promised it wouldn't happen again (well, I guess until they started cheering "f_ck Matt Haarms").

4-9 lol

What happened to the Haas hillbilly and signed the Buford routine. Took this shit serious when talking about UK didn't you kittycat. It has to hurt that as bad as IU sucks, they are still better than UK this year.

What happened to the Haas hillbilly and signed the Buford routine. Took this shit serious when talking about UK didn't you kittycat. It has to hurt that as bad as IU sucks, they are still better than UK this year.

Hey HOSS

too cute seeing you, courtysense and trojansfan get your lil ahem *chat* on, hee hee.

Hey trollboy, thanks for chiming in.

A. You are wrong about me saying i never checked your IU-obsessed cesspools out...oh...and it wa twitter that I was speaking of Cletus.
B. I am 100% right about the stupid flyer and STDboy's sister. You know...the one IU fans helped to buy things she needed for her safety and comfort.

Slither home

Thanks for digging that up. I would not have posted what I did unless I was sure. That is the flyer that Ms Haas made the BS tweets about. The Crimson Guard (God...organized student sections are so lame) sent texts out when they were informed of the young lady's condition and nothing happened in game. But the lie lives on with some.

I am not sure what @boilermelissa was whining about there in that tweet...the painterpool or whatever does the same stupid thing. Fortunately I think the Crimson guard stopped that lame crap.

Last edited:

Your apology will be accepted.

This is inaccurate.

So stop spreading lies.

Why would the flyer include her name if not to chant it during the game. What would be the purpose of chanting her name at all if not because of her disability? Surely you’re not this dense.

Why would the flyer include her name if not to chant it during the game. What would be the purpose of chanting her name at all if not because of her disability? Surely you’re not this dense.
It included his moms name as well. Does his mom have a disability? Surely you’re not this dense.

So, disability is your line? Otherwise, making family members the targets of your jeers is fine. Is that your stance?

Dude, have you ever been to a college basketball game? Chanting names of opposing players parents/siblings/girlfriends etc has been going on for decades. Hell I've probably been to close to 2,000 high school games in the 30 some odd years I've coached and its customary to chant slight digs at opposing players.

This was the first I ever heard of the Haas incident but digging into sounds like once people found out Haas sister had a disability IU did everything in their power to stop it. But to think IU in 2015 was the first and last student section to chant a family member or girlfreind's name at an opposing player is ridiculous.

So, disability is your line? Otherwise, making family members the targets of your jeers is fine. Is that your stance?
Absolutely. It happens all the time at every level. We used to get cardboard cutouts of the opposing star player’s GF in high school.

Should the heads of the student section be encouraging it and setting it up? Eh maybe not. That’s not the point of this though. You Purdouchebags have been spreading the “IU students were encouraged to make fun of Haas’ sister’s disability” garbage for years. It‘s all a lie.

They should have been going at Haas for knowingly spreading herpes around the barnyard at Purdue without informing the heifers first.

Absolutely. It happens all the time at every level. We used to get cardboard cutouts of the opposing star player’s GF in high school.

Should the heads of the student section be encouraging it and setting it up? Eh maybe not. That’s not the point of this though. You Purdouchebags have been spreading the “IU students were encouraged to make fun of Haas’ sister’s disability” garbage for years. It‘s all a lie.

They should have been going at Haas for knowingly spreading herpes around the barnyard at Purdue without informing the heifers first.
Your basketball program is a fvcking dumpster fire.

Maybe because she is a girl and her brother is a big strong pus-oozing athlete?

This is your quote: "a flyer handed out to the Crimson Guard telling them to attack him by making fun of her disability".

Look asshole nice attempt at twisting this to meet your IU-hatred narrative. The kids put the brakes on this when they were informed of her situation. And your quote is dead wrong and proven by the photo.

You were proven wrong...now retract and apologize. Then go back to GBI and tell the rest of the assholes to stop lying about this.

Weak dude...weak.

Dude, have you ever been to a college basketball game? Chanting names of opposing players parents/siblings/girlfriends etc has been going on for decades. Hell I've probably been to close to 2,000 high school games in the 30 some odd years I've coached and its customary to chant slight digs at opposing players.

This was the first I ever heard of the Haas incident but digging into sounds like once people found out Haas sister had a disability IU did everything in their power to stop it. But to think IU in 2015 was the first and last student section to chant a family member or girlfreind's name at an opposing player is ridiculous.
I think the broader point is that it didn’t go on at IU for decades, then it was permitted. We were different, and now we’re not different at all. The argument over whether there’s a line between making fun of specifically identified family members (or not) and doing so when one of them suffers from a disability is nonsensical. It’s all over the line . . . the debate is whether any of it should occur at IU. Many IU fans go bananas when the Purdues say “IU sucks” but turn around and defend shouting out stuff about a player’s mom or sister. It’s a glaring double standard, whether anyone else does it or not.

I think the broader point is that it didn’t go on at IU for decades, then it was permitted. We were different, and now we’re not different at all. The argument over whether there’s a line between making fun of specifically identified family members (or not) and doing so when one of them suffers from a disability is nonsensical. It’s all over the line . . . the debate is whether any of it should occur at IU. Many IU fans go bananas when the Purdues say “IU sucks” but turn around and defend shouting out stuff about a player’s mom or sister. It’s a glaring double standard, whether anyone else does it or not.

I'm not arguing whether it's petty or not. They're drunk 18-22 year old kids, what am I to do?

But Purdue fan's pushing a narrative that IU students actively and purposely targeted Haas' sister due to her disability is wrong. You know that. They know that.

I'm not arguing whether it's petty or not. They're drunk 18-22 year old kids, what am I to do?

But Purdue fan's pushing a narrative that IU students actively and purposely targeted Haas' sister due to her disability is wrong. You know that. They know that.
I think you are misstating the situation:

1. The IU student section was presented with the names of family members of the Purdue team. That is a known fact. Nobody thinks it had anything about the sister's disability. The disability was already pretty well publicized for valid reasons as a human interest story in the sports press. In other words it was not a "secret".

2. The IU student section, probably on their own, began to make fun of Haas' sister and her disability. This was in very bad taste and shouldn't have happened. It is a bit like the racist comments that same student section made to an Asian player earlier that year. Not cool, but not an organized administration sanctioned effort.

I don't think there was any overt plot to do this. It was just bad judgement on the part of 18-20 year old kids that are passionate about their team. I think the IU administration took action to correct this issue. That is what most Purdue posters think, so please try a little harder to get the facts straight and hold your indignation for the next faux pass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT