ADVERTISEMENT

Have to give Painter props

Neither your present coach has been to the FF, nor the prior coach who you named your floor after. I don't think PU should ever be talking about the NCAA's. No other program worth a damn would have kept Matt Painter this long.
And yet your program hired a known cheater. You think Bob Knight would have approved that hire? Our program isn't worth a damn but continues to be very successful against you. Do you really think your program is better than Purdue's right now? It was for sure. But I think things have evened out. Iu has had 3 straight classes with a 5 star but it hasn't equated to much success. Right now they may be very close but Purdue has recruited well for next year and has a solid recruit for the year after. Let's hope for solid, clean game tonite. This is a discussion forum and hopefully the response will be civil. Oh and sorry to hear about Radford. Too young to be gone.

Since 2000 the record is 20-17 in favor of Purdue. They have a 3 game lead while winning 11 of the last 12.
I’m not sure that says what you think it says about the direction of the two programs. What it says is, using the arbitrary date you chose, IU jumped out to a sizeable lead only to be lapped like the fat kid in gym. Not very flattering.

I’m not sure that says what you think it says about the direction of the two programs. What it says is, using the arbitrary date you chose, IU jumped out to a sizeable lead only to be lapped like the fat kid in gym. Not very flattering.
What it says is that even though we have had 4 coaches since Knight we are still only 3 games behind Purdue in that time. The difference is that we don’t think the last 20 years have been good, and Purdue fans couldn’t be happier with where they are.

Wait till you find out about his previous handles...

I don't think you want to know....

norman.jpg

You put quite a bit of time into being negative about an underachieving program. 3,273 posts in 424 days about a program you don’t even like. Sad life.
I love the program, I’m just not a fan of the results . . . both are the opposite of where you are.

Reactions: Radio Zero
Hate it? No. Don’t understand or appreciate it? Absolutely.
It’s laughable for you to say I don’t appreciate the program since all you do is sh*t on it. Maybe I would better understand the program if I posted 3,300 times in 424 days. I’d be a loser, but at least I would understand.

Reactions: Radio Zero
It’s laughable for you to say I don’t appreciate the program since all you do is sh*t on it. Maybe I would better understand the program if I posted 3,300 times in 424 days. I’d be a loser, but at least I would understand.
That’s some quality addition you did right there, but I’ll deliver the coup de grace with division (“multiplication’s tricky pal”): 7.78 posts per day.

I’m not bragging on Leal. I’m pointing out how terrible Morton is. It’s exactly what was expected of him after how terrible he was in AAU.

Comparing the performances of freshmen, most of whom have no business playing significant minutes, is absurd. Let’s talk about comparisons as juniors and seniors. As a sophomore Jimmy Rayl averaged 4 ppg and as a
junior averaged 29 ppg. I rest my case.

Reactions: mathboy
You are correct that Morton has no business playing.

I am correct that Lander, Morton, Leal Wouk do be better served learning except the teams are so young they need to get minutes to keep them from getting unhappy given promises that were made during recruiting.

What it says is that even though we have had 4 coaches since Knight we are still only 3 games behind Purdue in that time. The difference is that we don’t think the last 20 years have been good, and Purdue fans couldn’t be happier with where they are.
See, this is what I mean when I say you don’t understand what you are seeing. Yes, Purdue is only 3 games ahead in the head to head but, during that time period how many NCAA tournaments has IU failed to qualify for? How many conference championships between the two? Which school has an upward trajectory right now? Even if you imagine that Purdue missed the tournament last year, Purdue still has the much better results during the time period today’s players were alive. When Painter isn’t winning the league, he is finishing second ans third while IU sits in the cheap seats.

I am correct that Lander, Morton, Leal Wouk do be better served learning except the teams are so young they need to get minutes to keep them from getting unhappy given promises that were made during recruiting.
Leal is playing quite a bit.

What promises were they made during recruiting?

See, this is what I mean when I say you don’t understand what you are seeing. Yes, Purdue is only 3 games ahead in the head to head but, during that time period how many NCAA tournaments has IU failed to qualify for? How many conference championships between the two? Which school has an upward trajectory right now? Even if you imagine that Purdue missed the tournament last year, Purdue still has the much better results during the time period today’s players were alive. When Painter isn’t winning the league, he is finishing second ans third while IU sits in the cheap seats.

Is GBI closed today? I can't imagine living on the opponents board on game day

weird

• Haha
Reactions: B_Town_Buford
Lol during that time period IU played for a national championship. The best Purdue has been able to do in that time is the Elite 8. Since you asked about conference championships, you may be shocked to find out that each team has 3 conference championships during that time period.

Painter finishes 2nd or 3rd when he doesn’t win the league? This year will make the 7th year that isn’t the case.

Lmao only came here to read the meltdown, but holy shit did this thread not age well.

No...we know why you all came.

Your university spent big bucks producing a TV ad for national broadcast that is focused on IU. The most little brother thing ev-er

Let that sink in.

• Haha
Reactions: B_Town_Buford
We should sweep MSU. We’ve had their number, and this isn’t a very good Izzo team. I see us with a big rebounding edge, and they struggle defensively.

Pu is a different matter. Anything goes in rivalry games. I think we are clearly the better team, but there was no excuse for losing to them last year in the RMK return game.
Absolute clown.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT