ADVERTISEMENT

Have to give Painter props

That will be up to the new players to see if they can take any of Mason's minutes. Maybe they do. Maybe they don't. But the competition in the practices should be something to behold.
Gillis isn’t going anywhere. He didn’t agree to redshirt just to bolt after a good showing and lots of minutes as a redshirt frosh. He will likely play minutes at multiple positions next year. Sasha can move to the two guard which allows for Gillis to be on the floor with Kaufman.
Imagine starters Hunter, Newman, Sasha, Gillis, Tre with Thompson or Morton, Ivey, Furst, Kaufman, Edey as second squad. Purdue will be substituting like a hockey squad and beating up on opponents and IU will either have a lame duck Archie Miller on the side lines or a new head coach weighted down with the delusional fans who will be seeing their 6 straight season without a tourney bid.

Reactions: DAG10
Gillis isn’t going anywhere. He didn’t agree to redshirt just to bolt after a good showing and lots of minutes as a redshirt frosh. He will likely play minutes at multiple positions next year. Sasha can move to the two guard which allows for Gillis to be on the floor with Kaufman.
Imagine starters Hunter, Newman, Sasha, Gillis, Tre with Thompson or Morton, Ivey, Furst, Kaufman, Edey as second squad. Purdue will be substituting like a hockey squad and beating up on opponents and IU will either have a lame duck Archie Miller on the side lines or a new head coach weighted down with the delusional fans who will be seeing their 6 straight season without a tourney bid.
You realize only 8 or 9 guys can realistically play decent minutes, right? Purdue will have 13 players on their roster next year. At least 4 players are going to be very unhappy with their playing time.

You all need to get used to this thread trashing. Trojan is an expert at it. He regularly tried to do it over on the GBI board until he was banned. Good luck keeping any thread on track. He has admitted that he only gets on here to argue with people. Oh, and "Trojan" is not his only ID. He's had others - same style, same level of argumentative ignorance and disregard for other's opinions.

Good luck the rest of the way IU.
Ordfan?

Purdue would have missed the tournament last year and likely will this year as well.

We will likely fire our coach after this season. Painter will likely get an extension.
Okay little boy, put some money where your mouth is. I’ve got $50 on Purdue making the tournament. You put $50 on Purdue missing the tournament This bet is for you only. At the end of the season we’ll settle via PayPal or Venmo. Put up or shut the **** up

Reactions: Radio Zero
Okay little boy, put some money where your mouth is. I’ve got $50 on Purdue making the tournament. You put $50 on Purdue missing the tournament This bet is for you only. At the end of the season we’ll settle via PayPal or Venmo. Put up or shut the **** up
Oh look the internet tough guy flexing his muscles.

Pass on the bet, but Purdue will miss the tournament again this year. Year 16.

Oh look the internet tough guy flexing his muscles.

Pass on the bet, but Purdue will miss the tournament again this year. Year 16.
?? What? I’m flexing my muscles? The way you talk I’m basically handing you a $50 bill. Why pass that up? Should I make it $100? Maybe $50 isn’t enough. $1000?

You are a Purdue fan.

Archie is a bad coach, but that doesn’t make Purdue good.
This might be the only intelligent thing you’ve ever said here. Purdue is good because they’re well coached, have a winning culture and are pretty decently talented. Any basketball person knows that. Beating us repeatedly isn’t really a measuring stick anymore.

?? What? I’m flexing my muscles? The way you talk I’m basically handing you a $50 bill. Why pass that up? Should I make it $100? Maybe $50 isn’t enough. $1000?
Lol you seem really angry that I don’t think Purdue will make the tournament in Painter’s 16th year (and would have missed it in year 15 as well).

This might be the only intelligent thing you’ve ever said here. Purdue is good because they’re well coached, have a winning culture and are pretty decently talented. Any basketball person knows that. Beating us repeatedly isn’t really a measuring stick anymore.
Lol you think Purdue is good this year? So you are a Purdue fan and a homer at that.

Lol you seem really angry that I don’t think Purdue will make the tournament in Painter’s 16th year (and would have missed it in year 15 as well).
I’m not angry, I’m trying to make some quick money off of an ignorant person I found on an Internet forum. I’m excited thinking about making some money. And the difference is you can talk all day about how you think Purdue will miss the tourney. I didn’t talk, I immediately put value behind my belief. Faced with the idea of actually putting something behind your words, you cower and dodge the offer.

I’m not angry, I’m trying to make some quick money off of an ignorant person I found on an Internet forum. I’m excited thinking about making some money. And the difference is you can talk all day about how you think Purdue will miss the tourney. I didn’t talk, I immediately put value behind my belief. Faced with the idea of actually putting something behind your words, you cower and dodge the offer.
Lol no you are a classic keyboard warrior that gets triggered easily.

PS: Purdue sucks and won’t make the tournament.

You’re really spiraling out of control, aren’t you? Not sure why you frequent this place since it’s a basketball forum for IU fans. You don’t seem associated with either . . .
See how you dodged my question? Show us your great basketball mind... Do you think Purdue is a good team this year?

See how you dodged my question? Show us your great basketball mind... Do you think Purdue is a good team this year?
Of course Purdue is a good team this year. More importantly, they’re developing, which is something we used to see annually with IU teams under BK. Rough starts weren’t unusual, but we grew and developed throughout the year. Keady’s teams did this, too, and Painter has had quite a few that fit this pattern. I know you’re not able to understand or appreciate this, but it’s one of the hallmarks of a good program.

Last edited:
Of course Purdue is a good team this year. More importantly, they’re developing, which is something we used to see annual,y with IU teams under BK. Rough starts weren’t unusual, but we grew and developed throughout the year. Keady’s teams did this, too, and Painter has had quite a few that fit this pattern. I know you’re not able to understand or appreciate this, but it’s one of the hallmarks of a good program.
Lol only a Purdue fan would claim Purdue is good this year. We might be their best win right now.

Would you be willing to fight him? Like, in real life?

You realize only 8 or 9 guys can realistically play decent minutes, right? Purdue will have 13 players on their roster next year. At least 4 players are going to be very unhappy with their playing time.
Played 10 last night. Whipped your a$$.

That will be up to the new players to see if they can take any of Mason's minutes. Maybe they do. Maybe they don't. But the competition in the practices should be something to behold.
What a dilemma...literally too many good guys...whereas IU is picking up mid-year transfers because they not only have extra available scholarships, but, the guys on scholarship already are not good enough.

I am confident that Gillis is not going anywhere...and, that he will find minutes and have a role, probably a fairly big one again/still...even if not, he does not strike me as the kind of guy to just pack up and leave.

Reactions: BleedinGold
Basketball experts can see it. Speaking of experts, which ones agree with your assessment of Painter?
What basketball experts claim Purdue is good this year? Last time I checked they weren’t receiving ranked votes by either the AP or the Coaches. You are a Purdue fan, and you really aren’t hiding it anymore.

It’s embarrassing that you have posted 3,300 times in 426 days, but it’s even more sad that you are posting that much on your rival’s board. Get a life.

What basketball experts claim Purdue is good this year? Last time I checked they weren’t receiving ranked votes by either the AP or the Coaches. You are a Purdue fan, and you really aren’t hiding it anymore.

It’s embarrassing that you have posted 3,300 times in 426 days, but it’s even more sad that you are posting that much on your rival’s board. Get a life.
Which experts validate your opinion that Painter isn’t a worthy coach? Just need one name . . .

I said decent minutes. Morton only plays like 7 min per game in games that matter.
That’s not a big deal. They will all get an equal shot and if anyone gets less minutes perhaps it’s Edey and Purdue grows small ball for periods? Perhaps it’s your whipping boy Morton? The bottoms line is, Painter will have his most talented team next year. History shows he wins the B1G and coach of the year. After the Tennessee and Virginia games, he moved up a notch on tourney performance and is ready to beaks through.
Meanwhile, IU loses at home to Northwestern.

That’s not a big deal. They will all get an equal shot and if anyone gets less minutes perhaps it’s Edey and Purdue grows small ball for periods? Perhaps it’s your whipping boy Morton? The bottoms line is, Painter will have his most talented team next year. History shows he wins the B1G and coach of the year. After the Tennessee and Virginia games, he moved up a notch on tourney performance and is ready to beaks through.
Meanwhile, IU loses at home to Northwestern.
Lol your team next year will not be Painter’s most talented. Baby Boilers and Swanigan’s second year were both better.

What a dilemma...literally too many good guys...whereas IU is picking up mid-year transfers because they not only have extra available scholarships, but, the guys on scholarship already are not good enough.

I am confident that Gillis is not going anywhere...and, that he will find minutes and have a role, probably a fairly big one again/still...even if not, he does not strike me as the kind of guy to just pack up and leave.
Gillis will absolutely have a role next year and likely a big one. He’s impacting almost every game in a positive way now and gives more effort than anyone else on the roster. Need to keep in mind that these 14 games so far this year are the first games he’s played in well over 2 years. He’s only going to get better.

I don’t know how the minutes work themselves out with the two top 40 forwards but Gillis will always have a spot in the rotation if he continues doing what he is now. Wheeler will have to fight like hell to remain in the rotation. The freshman will have to prove themselves but this is why Kaufman will get some run at the 3.

Gillis will absolutely have a role next year and likely a big one. He’s impacting almost every game in a positive way now and gives more effort than anyone else on the roster. Need to keep in mind that these 14 games so far this year are the first games he’s played in well over 2 years. He’s only going to get better.

How the minutes work themselves out with the two top 40 forwards I don’t know but Gillis will always have a spot in the rotation if he continues doing what he is now. Wheeler will have to fight like hell to remain in the rotation. The freshman will have to prove themselves but this is why Kaufman will get some run at the 3.
Who cares? Take your “discussion” of your team to your own dumb board.

Dude, I’m going to drop a little ciphering on you.

5 players x 40 minutes = 200 minutes
200 minutes / 10 players = 20 minutes/player

Almost seems like magic, right, hillbilly? But I’m no Doug Henning. It’s just 5th grade math.

Who cares? Take your “discussion” of your team to your own dumb board.

Lol, sorry Ohio got agree with him on that one. Your a good poster on our board but no one wants to hear that kind of stuff here. Like hearing somebody sprout out Trey Galloway's high school stats over our site , who cares.

Reactions: OhioBoiler51
Dude, I’m going to drop a little ciphering on you.

5 players x 40 minutes = 200 minutes
200 minutes / 10 players = 20 minutes/player

Almost seems like magic, right, hillbilly? But I’m no Doug Henning. It’s just 5th grade math.
Lol so your players that are currently getting over 20 min per game are going to get pissed when their minutes get reduced. Sasha, Newman, and Williams will all play close to 30 min a game.

This is really a dumb comment. O$U was clearly a better win. O$U is ranked and just beat higher ranked Illinois in Champaign.
Oh look another Purdue fan seeking validation from IU fans.

You beat OSU at Home. You were on the road against IU. Both Q1 wins.

Let me get this straight: you are unhappy with a Purdue fan posting here but you posted regularly over at GBI and there was no problem with that (according to you.) Logical consistency is obviously not your forte.

By the way, not seeking validation but just saw a really foolish comment and pointed it out. OSU and IU may be Q1, but the O$U win is viewed more favorably. Better is a comparative term.

ADVERTISEMENT