ADVERTISEMENT

Goat's POLS thread for election nerds.

The results are huge. Make no mistake, Arizona isn’t a purple state. It’s conservative. But the crazies took over the party. I said this before, but I moved to Arizona in 2015. There was a Republican Governor, two Republicans in the Senate and Sheriff Joe in office. It has turned upside down mostly because the Republicans ran horrible candidates. Those of you who backed Trump destroyed the Republican Party. Congratulations.

Wasn’t there someone saying this victory would propel her to a presidency run? It’s her own fault. All she had to do was turn down the crazy a notch. She’s going to throw a hissy fit and talk about the steal. Hopefully she won’t incite violence.

Last edited:
Reactions: Circlejoe
Wasn’t there someone saying this victory would propel her to a presidency run? It’s her own fault. All she had to do was turn down the crazy a notch. She’s going to throw a hissy fit and talk about the steal. Hopefully she won’t incite violence.

The contrast between her and Hobbs is striking. From a superficial appearance and political talent standpoint, Lake should have run away with it. It took a lot of crazy on her part to lose this election.

Reactions: MrBing

AZ-06 has looked over for awhile and officially will finish counting tomorrow. But this update makes it just about official. This seat narrowly went for Biden

CA-47 May get interesting. Orange County is starting to count Election Day votes. 90% of votes left are absentee ballots cast in-person or in final drop boxes on Election Day. There might be 36k left. Baugh needs 54% to win. He got nearly 58% today

Seat #211 for Dems. They have a large lead in CA-49 which will likely end up #212 but there’s no guarantee they get any higher. Republicans have realistic hopes in 223 seats if late California returns are friendly.

The contrast between her and Hobbs is striking. From a superficial appearance and political talent standpoint, Lake should have run away with it. It took a lot of crazy on her part to lose this election.
Somewhere I saw a quote about this election, "out of touch beat out of their mind".

The results are huge. Make no mistake, Arizona isn’t a purple state. It’s conservative. But the crazies took over the party. I said this before, but I moved to Arizona in 2015. There was a Republican Governor, two Republicans in the Senate and Sheriff Joe in office. It has turned upside down mostly because the Republicans ran horrible candidates. Those of you who backed Trump destroyed the Republican Party. Congratulations.
Nothing is destroyed. Enjoy your minor victory, but don't get high off your own supply.

So why are all of Spartans twitter links fubar this morning? They were okay last night.

The key for Warnock is to keep Herschel from 50+ %,and force a runoff...

Kelly and Fet look likely to win their respective seats, and Cortez Masto may be a lot stronger than anticipated in Nevada. If dems are +1 before a runoff, how motivated are GOP voters going to be to show up again for Herschel with no Kemp on the ticket?

Just saw an update where Warnock has taken the lead with about 91% in. He's at about 49.1, and it doesn't seem likely he can get to 50% with only 9% outstanding. But after the disastrous showing by Pubs tonight, how much wind will be left in their sails by the time Dec 6 rolls around?
Who is donating to Warnock’s church?
Have lobbyists and people with business before the Senate made tax deductible donations to Warnock’s church as a way to gain influence with Warnock? This is a huge potential conflict of interest.
Do you care?

Have lobbyists and people with business before the Senate made tax deductible donations to Warnock’s church as a way to gain influence with Warnock? This is a huge potential conflict of interest.
Do you care?

LOL. Hadn't even thought of that angle. C'mon, tell the truth, where'd you see that?

I suspect getting a look at Ebeneezer Baptists' books wouldn't be difficult.

I wonder if there are any $10K donations from foreign governments, like the Trump Hotel room rents.

LOL. Hadn't even thought of that angle. C'mon, tell the truth, where'd you see that?

I wonder if there are any $10K donations from foreign governments, like the Trump Hotel room rents.
Probably have to sift through all the 10k donations to UGA football players/recruits. Priorities and all.

Reactions: larsIU
Do you care?
Do you have a link? Google of "lobbyist donations ebenezer church" does not return much and variations lead to a potential issue between the church and foundation.

Have outside entities or people who are not members donated to his church since getting elected? If Warnock is taking outside income from his church he has an obligation to disclose who is donating to the church and underwriting his income.

Reactions: DANC
Have outside entities or people who are not members donated to his church since getting elected? If Warnock is taking outside income from his church he has an obligation to disclose who is donating to the church and underwriting his income.

I wouldn't disagree. Are there any grounds for raising this question, or is it just one of those "Hey, what if..." things?

Politico breaks down flipped house seats.
’Pubs flipped far more seats than Dems.
Makes underperformance claims for ‘Pubs sound more like narrative.

https://www.politico.com/2022-election/results/house/
One might ask how many of those "pickups" were due to gerrymandering? What would New York look like if the NY Dem Legislature had been allowed to use the same sort of "redistricting" that the FL Legislature and even more so DeSantis was allowed to apply in FL?

But console yourself with the notion that somehow it's the Dems or mainstream media that promoted the idea the GOP was going to engender a "Red Tsunami"...The GOP has a problem with the far right media trying to steer the ship, and those morons just plow full speed ahead with no one even casually watching out for icebergs...

Notice how every single one of these "predictions" were echoed by several (MIA) members of this board? That doesn't happen by accident...

Do you care?
Aren't you a DeSantis sycophant? You really think Pubs are going to try and make hay off of this issue, when there are so may dubious ties between DeSantis and agencies conducting govt business in FL? Just that little migrant flight to Cape Cod stunt alone was filled with DeSantis cronies making bucks along every step of the way...

The planes, busses, his private video crew that went along for the filming- it reeked of crony corruption, with taxpayer funds. That's just one example of the scrutiny he'll come under if he announces, which is why I think he ultimately won't...

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT