ADVERTISEMENT

Goat's POLS thread for election nerds.

TheOriginalHappyGoat

Oct 4, 2010
Margaritaville
Starting this a little early, as I've got a strange schedule today, but I'll be checking in at various points. The rules are the same as every year: no campaigning, no fighting over policy, no insults. The election is here, the die has been cast, and this thread is for people to discuss it in an objective manner.

For a looser discussion, check out McM's thread:

Last edited:
Good luck.... I'll be around part of the day so I'm gonna watch and delete if necessary.

Reactions: larsIU
Starting this a little early, as I've got a strange schedule today, but I'll be checking in at various points. The rules are the same as every year: no campaigning, no fighting over policy, no insults. The election is here, the die has been cast, and this thread is for people to discuss it in an objective manner.
You're an idiot.

I think CD IN 1 is going to be very telling on how bad the Ds night will be. The chatter late has been that Greene will win this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spartans9312
I think CD IN 1 is going to be very telling on how bad the Ds night will be. The chatter late has been that Greene will win this one.
If Green wins CD 1 and Rs get 2 or 3 of the Virginia targets and/or Rs get wins in New York, its a blood bath. I've thought it might be for about 6 weeks now

Reactions: Lucy01
Polls closed in Indiana and Kentucky.

Sullivan county and Ripley county have reported what appear to be their early votes. Young leads McDermott 68-30 with just over 5,000 votes reporting

Polls closed in Indiana and Kentucky.

Sullivan county and Ripley county have reported what appear to be their early votes. Young leads McDermott 68-30 with just over 5,000 votes reporting
I heard some internal poll bull shit a few weeks ago saying that one was close. I didn’t believe a work of it. Young wins by a mile.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Allen County has counted approximately 27,000 votes, likely corresponding to its early votes. Young leads there 49.2-49. Trump won the county in 2020 by a 54-43 margin. Allen County voters cast 127,189 in the 2018 midterm.

In Madison County, Young is up 56-40 with almost 16,000 votes in. If those are the early vote numbers in a working-class, 60-38 Trump-Biden county, the GOP may be heading for a strong night in similarly blue-collar Midwestern counties.

Crist carried the early vote in Broward County by only 62-37, an abysmal performance for a Democrat.

Florida-02 …Neal Dunn beats Al Lawson.
Lawson is the 1st Democratic incumbent of the night to lose.

DeSantis is running about 1.5% ahead of Rubio so far, and that’s with Rubio’s base in Miami overrepresented.

Both will be blowouts but DeSantis will win by a larger margin

Fulton County dropped its early vote, which went Warnock +52 and Abrams +43. Kemp running 5 points ahead of Walker. They will be closer in rural areas, but Walker needs to narrow that gap.

In VA, Cao and Vega are up huge with a very small amounts of votes in. Kiggins is up 58-42 in VA-02 with about 4% counted.

Salazar leads her urban Miami seat, FL-27, 55-44 in the early vote. That margin should grow as Election Day votes skew Republican. Trump barely won it in 2020

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT