ADVERTISEMENT

Goat's POLS thread for election nerds.

I kind of disagree marv. i think the 50/50 evidences just how divided we are, evenly, yet divided, and not in a working together "hey we're close" kind of way but in an evenly polar "we think very differently" kind of way.
The thing no partisan will accept, the country is very much 50-50. In a functional system, the parties would find a way to work together.

The thing no partisan will accept, the country is very much 50-50. In a functional system, the parties would find a way to work together.
Just to piggyback on my own point marv. the silver lining out of this is the conservatives clearly have a candidate for 2024, otherwise this night is hardly the rebuke conservatives were expecting. to goat's point it's kind of disappointing. we are really evenly split

Shapiro called.

Edit: Per 538, Fetterman is running ahead of where he needs to run in most reported votes so far. Notably, he's outperforming Biden in Scranton.

Last edited:
Question, if this is red ripple does it increase the probability Biden runs for reelection? I will say yes, sadly. I really do not want Biden v Trump.

89-year-old Grassley just got projected to win. 95-year-old man will be in the senate with a man who just had a stroke and a football player that was probably stupid even before he got cte, God bless America

Reactions: larsIU
In KY, Paul is running several points ahead of the abortion amendment. Plenty of people voting R but then voting against the amendment. I wonder if, in some cases, having these amendments on the ballot gives the GOP an advantage, because it allows voters who lean R but also support abortion rights a sort of way out of the conundrum?

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I kind of disagree marv. i think the 50/50 evidences just how divided we are, evenly, yet divided, and not in a working together "hey we're close" kind of way but in an evenly polar "we think very differently" kind of way.
There are subjects we agree. For example, ending time change is pretty universal. A pathway to citizenship for dreamers is supported by both parties.

There are subjects we agree. For example, ending time change is pretty universal. A pathway to citizenship for dreamers is supported by both parties.
No, we do not agree. Republicans want permanent DST, Democrats reasonably would prefer permanent Standard Time.

Edit: I don't actually know if that's true, but it should be.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT