ADVERTISEMENT

Those voting fraud allegations... What you got??

Dude, chill...it was one of the songs they played over the low-power radio station for the Christmas light display at the fairgrounds. The lights are synched to the music. I'm not a fan of country music, especially ersatz bullshit like Lee Greenwood. Give me a little more credit than that.
It's my crusade ... vbg

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
It's my crusade ... vbg
game-of-thrones-come-at-me-bro.gif

I think I like the PA Lt Governor:

The Hill- Fetterman: "This idea that saying that Pennsylvania was 'rigged' or that we were 'trying to steal the election' - that's a lie. And you do not have the right, that is not protected speech."
Fetterman may want to google the 1st Amendment & actually read it before he runs for Senate. In America people have constitutional right to believe & spout whatever insane conspiracy theories they want regardless what elected officials like Fetterman think.

The Hill- Fetterman: "This idea that saying that Pennsylvania was 'rigged' or that we were 'trying to steal the election' - that's a lie. And you do not have the right, that is not protected speech."
Fetterman may want to google the 1st Amendment & actually read it before he runs for Senate. In America people have constitutional right to believe & spout whatever insane conspiracy theories they want regardless what elected officials like Fetterman think.

This seems to be a mental disconnect for a lot of Democrats, especially the last couple weeks. People are allowed to say and believe things that aren’t true.

I think they’re too shortsighted to understand the ramifications of shutting down all speech that isn’t 100% factually correct.

PS: What a despicable snake that PA Lt. Governor is.

Believe, yes . . .

. . . spout, maybe . . .

. . . and maybe you're chewing on a cotton candy notion of what Freedom of Speech means. I'm not sure of the extent to which the First Amendment protects speech that someone knows to be false in the context of seditious activities. There certainly is a limit on speech when someone says something about someone else that is both wrong and malicious . . . I foresee some furiously fought litigation over these issues.

Can a state - or state officials in charge of elections - sue for libel/slander when they're accused of rigging an election falsely and maliciously? Hmmmm . . . .

Reactions: IU_Hickory
This seems to be a mental disconnect for a lot of Democrats, especially the last couple weeks. People are allowed to say and believe things that aren’t true.

I think they’re too shortsighted to understand the ramifications of shutting down all speech that isn’t 100% factually correct.

Not so fast my friend . . . see my post above in response to Spartan. I think there may be more of an issue than you're giving the Lt. Governor credit for . . . .

AOC is talking about some commission to make those determinations. To hell with the constitution. The woke Dems know best. I wonder if AOC, Pelosi and Schumer are going to consult with China on their social credit system? Seems like that should be at the top of the list. Social Media giants and Hollywood already know how to keep China happy.

AOC is talking about some commission to make those determinations. To hell with the constitution. The woke Dems know best. I wonder if AOC, Pelosi and Schumer are going to consult with China on their social credit system? Seems like that should be at the top of the list. Social Media giants and Hollywood already know how to keep China happy.
Seriously dumb, Rube.

Quit the cult now!

Reactions: outside shooter

But are they allowed to disseminate that false information that leads to angry mobs who take matters into their own hands in a violent or threatening manner?

Your side’s mental disconnect is not recognizing the ramifications of a leader telling a pack of lies that leads to what we have now - the US Capital city on lockdown for the first time since the civil war and years of potential terrorism from within. Trump has unleashed America’s version of Isis.

But are they allowed to disseminate that false information that leads to angry mobs who take matters into their own hands in a violent or threatening manner?

Your side’s mental disconnect is not recognizing the ramifications of a leader telling a pack of lies that leads to what we have now - the US Capital city on lockdown for the first time since the civil war and years of potential terrorism from within. Trump has unleashed America’s version of Isis.
I gotta believe that the First Amendment doesn't protect lies in support of seditious behaviors. Oliver Wendell Holmes in essence said in the Schenk v. US opinion (1919, in which a defendant's speech in opposition to the draft in WWI was in question) that you can't shout "Fire!" in a crowded theater when there isn't a fire . . . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shouting_fire_in_a_crowded_theater.

Apparently, "[t]he case was later partially overturned by Brandenburg v. Ohio in 1969, which limited the scope of banned speech to that which would be directed to and likely to incite imminent lawless action (e.g. a riot)."

Hmmm . . . sounds familiar . . . .

Fetterman stole that from me. I posted about that case in another thread and was actually imagining a way to claim the Million bucks as soon as I saw the offer from Patrick...

In an aside, Fetterman's wife recorded a verbal assault from a Trumpster on her,and that was even before the election.It's a repost from earlier,but I thought now it would have a little more context...

Gisele Fetterman will not be pressing charges against a woman who had harassed her using racial slurs while she was out grocery shopping, Pennsylvania’s second lady said Thursday.

Ms. Fetterman, wife of Lt. Gov. John Fetterman, was at the Aldi grocery store in Forest Hills to buy some kiwis Sunday when she said a woman verbally harassed her inside and outside the store. Ms. Fetterman recorded part of the encounter on her cellphone.

The woman’s identity is known to authorities but has not been released.

On Thursday, Ms. Fetterman said she decided not to press any charges because she wanted to take a “compassionate approach.”

John Fetterman racially profiled an innocent black man, chased him down with his truck & pointed a shotgun at his chest. It's always good when these progressive heroes run for senate.

John Fetterman racially profiled an innocent black man, chased him down with his truck & pointed a shotgun at his chest. It's always good when these progressive heroes run for senate.
This is a way old story that’s been vetted several times since it happened seven or eight years ago. I thought you cons didn’t like to live in the past. And you cons definitely don’t like to bring race into everything.

This is a way old story that’s been vetted several times since it happened seven or eight years ago. I thought you cons didn’t like to live in the past. And you cons definitely don’t like to bring race into everything.
You guys always want to impart a purity test except when it's not convenient for Democrats.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT