ADVERTISEMENT

Goat's POLS thread for election nerds.

Don't be an idiot. I have no clue what Warnock is/was doing, and I've not read anything about it. I don't even recall that post about his church, but it's irrelevant. I responded SOLELY to the idea that Senators can't have income other than their Senate salaries. PERIOD. If you continue with this line of crap, you'll prove you're an actual idiot or an obstinate fool - and a liar.

So, continue with the line of crap, or not. I don't care. I'm done. I'll just laugh at your crap if you continue.
It's irrelevant Warnock is taking money from a church he funnels money to? How disingenuous.

You calling me an idiot and a fool and a liar is you proving you have no other rebuttal and have been proved to be a mouthpiece for the Democrat narrative and media - which anyone who reads your posts knows.

You responded to Spartan. Let me refresh your memory:

Warnock taking in over 120k in salary from his “church” as he steers $16.4 million in federal earmarks to the “Church’s” real estate partners is a huge conflict of interest. Stuff like this is why Senators are not supposed to have outside income.
I don’t know enough about Warmock’s issue to comment on it. However, Senators have had income other than their Senate pay since we’ve had Senators. There’s no rule they can’t.

Reactions:UncleMark
Like Quote Reply

Reactions: Crayfish57
It's irrelevant Warnock is taking money from a church he funnels money to? How disingenuous.

You calling me an idiot and a fool and a liar is you proving you have no other rebuttal and have been proved to be a mouthpiece for the Democrat narrative and media - which anyone who reads your posts knows.

You responded to Spartan. Let me refresh your memory:

I don’t know enough about Warmock’s issue to comment on it. However, Senators have had income other than their Senate pay since we’ve had Senators. There’s no rule they can’t.

Reactions:UncleMark
Like Quote Reply
I specifically said I knew nothing about Warnock and his church. There wasn’t even the slightest bit of defense of Warnock in my post. You’re doubling down on your lie, or stupidity. You can choose whether you want to be a liar or an idiot. Those are the only two choices here.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
I specifically said I knew nothing about Warnock and his church. There wasn’t even the slightest bit of defense of Warnock in my post. You’re doubling down on your lie, or stupidity. You can choose whether you want to be a liar or an idiot. Those are the only two choices here.
Dude..... you don't have to know anything about Warnock and his church. All you need to know is he's drawing a salary from a church he's directing government money to.

If you still want to claim your post had nothing to do with the post you responded to.... well, I'm not the stupid lying idiot here.

Reactions: Lucy01
Dude..... you don't have to know anything about Warnock and his church. All you need to know is he's drawing a salary from a church he's directing government money to.

If you still want to claim your post had nothing to do with the post you responded to.... well, I'm not the stupid lying idiot here.
You’re doubling down on stupid. IF Warnock is directing government money to his church, I’m not defending it. It’s wrong. I specifically said I knew nothing about it, because I don’t. I don’t believe everything I read in posts - especially when there are no links.

One final time, I was SOLELY responding to the assertion that Senators aren’t supposed to have an income outside what they make as a Senator. Don’t disappoint me by saying you don’t understand this. I like to think my fellow Republicans aren’t all stupid. That’s getting very, very hard.

Reactions: MrBing
I actually think it's the fact that DANC just can't apply logic to an argument. He's not deliberately lying, and I don't want to call him stupid, but he really seems to have trouble comprehending actual facts, even when they're in black and white in front of him. So maybe he needs to see them in color... ;)

Here is the conversation between you and Spartan, and Spartan clearly says that Senators "are not supposed" to have outside income...

Warnock taking in over 120k in salary from his “church” as he steers $16.4 million in federal earmarks to the “Church’s” real estate partners is a huge conflict of interest. Stuff like this is why Senators are not supposed to have outside income.
And of course this is literally what you said in response. And right there in RED is the sum of your response, which is crystal clear to everyone (except apparently DANC)

"I don’t know enough about Warmock’s issue to comment on it. However, Senators have had income other than their Senate pay since we’ve had Senators. There’s no rule they can’t."

Good to know you're fine with corruption in government, as long as the corrupt are Democrats.

It makes your criticism of Trump's supposed corruption laughable.
So I won't be voting for Warnock, so you can't accuse me of voting for a corrupt politician. Are you two going to vote for DeSantis,? Because his entire war chest, which he'll conduct his campaign with, is built from $$ that was donated to his PAC in exchange for him steering multi $$ Million contracts to appreciative donors...

Herzog Contracting isn't even a FL based firm. They are based in Missouri, and donate to right wingers in MO as well...

"The railroad company, Herzog Contracting, only received $115,000 in contracts under former Republican Gov. Rick Scott and did not donate to his campaign. Since the 2018 gubernatorial race, by contrast, the firm has given $350,000 to DeSantis or his state committee and has so far received $32.7 million in contracts from the Florida Department of Transportation, including work on a commuter rail project."

You’re doubling down on stupid. IF Warnock is directing government money to his church, I’m not defending it. It’s wrong. I specifically said I knew nothing about it, because I don’t. I don’t believe everything I read in posts - especially when there are no links.

The whole contention is stupid. Warnock's church runs a low income housing project, and money is being channeled to an area where it's located. That's the benefit.

One final time, I was SOLELY responding to the assertion that Senators aren’t supposed to have an income outside what they make as a Senator. Don’t disappoint me by saying you don’t understand this. I like to think my fellow Republicans aren’t all stupid. That’s getting very, very hard.
You could have just said it was illegal, but you only did when backed into a corner.

Anyone reading what you wrote knows your intent.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
I actually think it's the fact that DANC just can't apply logic to an argument. He's not deliberately lying, and I don't want to call him stupid, but he really seems to have trouble comprehending actual facts, even when they're in black and white in front of him. So maybe he needs to see them in color... ;)

Here is the conversation between you and Spartan, and Spartan clearly says that Senators "are not supposed" to have outside income...

And of course this is literally what you said in response. And right there in RED is the sum of your response, which is crystal clear to everyone (except apparently DANC)

"I don’t know enough about Warmock’s issue to comment on it. However, Senators have had income other than their Senate pay since we’ve had Senators. There’s no rule they can’t."
There is a rule they can't, if they are taking money from a company that gets money directed to them by the government.

So, the 'no rule' comment was false. I believe that's what your side likes to call a 'lie'.

I don't like to think you're stupid or unintelligent..... wait, yes I do.

• Love
The whole contention is stupid. Warnock's church runs a low income housing project, and money is being channeled to an area where it's located. That's the benefit.
It's not stupid if Warnock is getting a salary from a church getting government money because of Warnock's influence.

"low income housing project"..... you mean the one that evicted tenants?

So I won't be voting for Warnock, so you can't accuse me of voting for a corrupt politician. Are you two going to vote for DeSantis,? Because his entire war chest, which he'll conduct his campaign with, is built from $$ that was donated to his PAC in exchange for him steering multi $$ Million contracts to appreciative donors...

Herzog Contracting isn't even a FL based firm. They are based in Missouri, and donate to right wingers in MO as well...

"The railroad company, Herzog Contracting, only received $115,000 in contracts under former Republican Gov. Rick Scott and did not donate to his campaign. Since the 2018 gubernatorial race, by contrast, the firm has given $350,000 to DeSantis or his state committee and has so far received $32.7 million in contracts from the Florida Department of Transportation, including work on a commuter rail project."

Tell me you're deflecting without saying you're deflecting.

Where is the salary going to Desantis, Mr. Whutabout?

• Haha
There is a rule they can't, if they are taking money from a company that gets money directed to them by the government.

So, the 'no rule' comment was false. I believe that's what your side likes to call a 'lie'.

I don't like to think you're stupid or unintelligent..... wait, yes I do.
"There is a rule they can't, if they are taking money from a company that gets money directed to them by the government."

What the Holy Hell are you talking about? People in Congress literally voted for PPP loans to be allocated to businesses they OWNED. And then later these same Congress people VOTED to allow those businesses (themselves) to have their loans FORGIVEN.

By any definition that is the epitome of taking money from a business that gets money directed to them by the Government.

Why do you always make false claims and then not even back it up with a link? Should we start calling you Mas Jr?

It's not stupid if Warnock is getting a salary from a church getting government money because of Warnock's influence.

"low income housing project"..... you mean the one that evicted tenants?

So you and Sparty seem to have a real hardon over this issue, so I need you to fill in the blanks and answer some questions for me...Warnock was certainly not on my radar as a "religious grifter" prior to now, and when he announced in 2020 that he was going to run he was as far as I know a low key religious figure who was known in GA as a crusader for equality and social justice, but didn't have much of a national profile...To be honest, I had never heard of him...

We can all agree that Warnock was elected on Jan 5 2021, so he has been in office about 1 yr 9 mos. So exactly how has he enriched himself over that time period, in comparison with his situation on Jan 4 2021?

He has been the Sr Pastor at Ebenezer since 2005. I assume that for most of his tenure he has had a "housing allowance", since that seems to be pretty standard with Pastors and their church. So I don't think his $85,000 a year is particularly outlandish for someone who has been with the same church for over 15 yrs, but I'm curious as to how much it has increased over the past year+ when he's been in Congress?

Similarly, exactly what legislation did he sponsor over that time that "directed money to his church"? It seems a little strange that a freshly elected Junior Senator could sponsor the sort of targeted pork you seem to be implying here in a Senate where the VP would likely have to cast the deciding vote. So why haven't we heard about it or even been made aware of GOP opposition to it?

So exactly how has Ebenezer benefited with Warnock as a Senator, compared to how they were doing in Govt allocations prior to that? It's not like he has been an MTG, Boebert or Tuberville, just basically taking up space and not creating any meaningful legislation. He's been involved with bi-partisan veterans affairs issues, and co-sponsored a bill dealing with Gold Star families.

He even joined Cruz in prioritizing funds for a highway project (Interstate 14) connecting Ga cities like Augusta Macon, Columbus (all Military locations) with locations in Texas. Ultimately the proposal that Warnock and Cruz championed made it into the Infrastructure bill. That's one reason it's so odd to have Cruz actively campaigning against him, but a lot of what Cruz does is pretty odd to begin with...

Did this "low income housing project" just emerge when Warnock entered political office? Because he has been an advocate for programs designed to help economically disadvantaged folks since before he ran for office. I know he was a huge proponent of Medicaid expansion, and was arrested at a demonstration over that issue in 2014. So it seems that an interest in providing "low cost housing" would be an issue he was sincere about, and not just a cash grab grift.

"There is a rule they can't, if they are taking money from a company that gets money directed to them by the government."

What the Holy Hell are you talking about? People in Congress literally voted for PPP loans to be allocated to businesses they OWNED. And then later these same Congress people VOTED to allow those businesses (themselves) to have their loans FORGIVEN.

By any definition that is the epitome of taking money from a business that gets money directed to them by the Government.

Why do you always make false claims and then not even back it up with a link? Should we start calling you Mas Jr?
What don't you understand about not being able to show favoritism?

Those PPP loans? They went to EVERYBODY - not just companies they owned.

Are you OK? You're really struggling with this simple concept.

So you and Sparty seem to have a real hardon over this issue, so I need you to fill in the blanks and answer some questions for me...Warnock was certainly not on my radar as a "religious grifter" prior to now, and when he announced in 2020 that he was going to run he was as far as I know a low key religious figure who was known in GA as a crusader for equality and social justice, but didn't have much of a national profile...To be honest, I had never heard of him...

We can all agree that Warnock was elected on Jan 5 2021, so he has been in office about 1 yr 9 mos. So exactly how has he enriched himself over that time period, in comparison with his situation on Jan 4 2021?

He has been the Sr Pastor at Ebenezer since 2005. I assume that for most of his tenure he has had a "housing allowance", since that seems to be pretty standard with Pastors and their church. So I don't think his $85,000 a year is particularly outlandish for someone who has been with the same church for over 15 yrs, but I'm curious as to how much it has increased over the past year+ when he's been in Congress?

Similarly, exactly what legislation did he sponsor over that time that "directed money to his church"? It seems a little strange that a freshly elected Junior Senator could sponsor the sort of targeted pork you seem to be implying here in a Senate where the VP would likely have to cast the deciding vote. So why haven't we heard about it or even been made aware of GOP opposition to it?

So exactly how has Ebenezer benefited with Warnock as a Senator, compared to how they were doing in Govt allocations prior to that? It's not like he has been an MTG, Boebert or Tuberville, just basically taking up space and not creating any meaningful legislation. He's been involved with bi-partisan veterans affairs issues, and co-sponsored a bill dealing with Gold Star families.

He even joined Cruz in prioritizing funds for a highway project (Interstate 14) connecting Ga cities like Augusta Macon, Columbus (all Military locations) with locations in Texas. Ultimately the proposal that Warnock and Cruz championed made it into the Infrastructure bill. That's one reason it's so odd to have Cruz actively campaigning against him, but a lot of what Cruz does is pretty odd to begin with...

Did this "low income housing project" just emerge when Warnock entered political office? Because he has been an advocate for programs designed to help economically disadvantaged folks since before he ran for office. I know he was a huge proponent of Medicaid expansion, and was arrested at a demonstration over that issue in 2014. So it seems that an interest in providing "low cost housing" would be an issue he was sincere about, and not just a cash grab grift.

So Cochise County Arizona has two Republicans on their Board of Elections who are refusing to certify. Lawsuits are being filed to force them to. If they do not, votes in Cochise County will not be counted. That will flip a congressional election from R to D. As much as I find that prospect funny, the people of Cochise County must not lose their vote. Hopefully, the courts intercede and force the certification.

After that story, there was an emergency meeting where the board voted by the same 2-1 to hire the lawyer from Cyber Ninjas. The thing is, they have no money to spend and are legally prohibited from accepting donations. So they would have to pay out of pocket which seems unlikely.

So Cochise County Arizona has two Republicans on their Board of Elections who are refusing to certify. Lawsuits are being filed to force them to. If they do not, votes in Cochise County will not be counted. That will flip a congressional election from R to D. As much as I find that prospect funny, the people of Cochise County must not lose their vote. Hopefully, the courts intercede and force the certification.

After that story, there was an emergency meeting where the board voted by the same 2-1 to hire the lawyer from Cyber Ninjas. The thing is, they have no money to spend and are legally prohibited from accepting donations. So they would have to pay out of pocket which seems unlikely.

So if the votes aren't counted and the congressional seat flips to D, do they get to claim Fraud!???

What don't you understand about not being able to show favoritism?

Those PPP loans? They went to EVERYBODY - not just companies they owned.

Are you OK? You're really struggling with this simple concept.
So where exactly in any of the posts of yours I responded to was the issue of favoritism mentioned? As far as I know, this is the first time the term has ever been raised in your posts. It's like your responding to my question/response by creating a totally different issue than the one I originally responded to...

So let's take this to the logical conclusion and get back to the question I posed. How in less than 2 years of being a junior senator was Warnock able to exert enough political capitol to get some bill that benefits only his church thru a Senate that Harris would have to cast the deciding vote to pass? What SPECIFIC bill are you claiming shows "favoritism" to ONLY Ebenezer Baptist Church, and why did the GOP not object to it publicly?

Show us in your own words proof of whatever nonsense you are claiming?

Warnock was the Sr Pastor at Ebenezer before he ever became involved in politics, since 2005. Vern Buchanon is a multi-millionaire auto dealer who has been in Congress since around 2006. Exactly how is Warnock funneling $$ to Ebenezer, and when did the funneling start?

Unless you can show that Ebenezer is the sole recipient of whatever "Govt money" you're making allusions to, and that it only happened since Jan 5 2021, then it is absolutely no different (and not near as bad) as a multi-millionaire like Buchanon voting to give himself a $3 Million or so PPP loan and then voting to forget it. The most Warnock can do is VOTE on a bill, and I think you'll run yourself ragged before you can find an example of some appropriations bill Warnock and the entire Dem Senate passed that would benefit ONLY Ebenezer Church.

You made he claim of favoritism, now you need to try and explain what the hell you're talking about?

So where exactly in any of the posts of yours I responded to was the issue of favoritism mentioned? As far as I know, this is the first time the term has ever been raised in your posts. It's like your responding to my question/response by creating a totally different issue than the one I originally responded to...

So let's take this to the logical conclusion and get back to the question I posed. How in less than 2 years of being a junior senator was Warnock able to exert enough political capitol to get some bill that benefits only his church thru a Senate that Harris would have to cast the deciding vote to pass? What SPECIFIC bill are you claiming shows "favoritism" to ONLY Ebenezer Baptist Church, and why did the GOP not object to it publicly?

Warnock was the Sr Pastor at Ebenezer before he ever became involved in politics, since 2005. Vern Buchanon is a multi-millionaire auto dealer who has been in Congress since around 2006. Exactly how is Warnock funneling $$ to Ebenezer, and when did the funneling start?

Unless you can show that Ebenezer is the sole recipient of whatever "Govt money" you're making allusions to, and that it only happened since Jan 5 2021, then it is absolutely no different (and not near as bad) as a multi-millionaire like Buchanon voting to give himself a $3 Million or so PPP loan and then voting to forget it. The most Warnock can do is VOTE on a bill, and I think you'll run yourself ragged before you can find an example of some appropriations bill Warnock and the entire Dem Senate passed that would benefit ONLY Ebenezer Church.

You made he claim of favoritism, now you need to try and explain what the hell you're talking about?
So this is a hilarious clip from Michael Steele discussing the GOP's stated aim to conduct a post mortem on why the voters rejected their "message" and why it's just window dressing and they'll ignore the results. The first problem is the "panelists" chosen, and it just goes straight down hill from there...

TL;DR

But regarding your last sentence, does every 'church' get the kind of government money Warnock's church does?

TL;DR

But regarding your last sentence, does every 'church' get the kind of government money Warnock's church does?
I don't know. You haven't pointed out what "special benefit" Ebenezer gets, you've just repeated losing campaign talking points... What "Govt money" are you claiming they get, and more importantly WHEN did they START getting it?

What exactly are you claiming changed for Ebenezer from Jan 4, 2021 (before the runoff) to now? How in the hell is a political organization like Focus on the Family eligible for the religion tax exemption? If you want to complain about churches abusing their tax exempt status, there are a lot more serious cases than whatever you're accusing Ebenezer of that come to mind...

I don't know. You haven't pointed out what "special benefit" Ebenezer gets, you've just repeated losing campaign talking points... What "Govt money" are you claiming they get, and more importantly WHEN did they START getting it?

What exactly are you claiming changed for Ebenezer from Jan 4, 2021 (before the runoff) to now? How in the hell is a political organization like Focus on the Family eligible for the religion tax exemption? If you want to complain about churches abusing their tax exempt status, there are a lot more serious cases than whatever you're accusing Ebenezer of that come to mind...
He’s not complaining about churches being tax exempt. He’s saying Warnock is channeling money to his church, 16 million to exact.

So this is a hilarious clip from Michael Steele discussing the GOP's stated aim to conduct a post mortem on why the voters rejected their "message" and why it's just window dressing and they'll ignore the results. The first problem is the "panelists" chosen, and it just goes straight down hill from there...

Pretty diverse cross-section of America seen in those Trump supporters.

Interesting.

The media reported what his church has received. The media didn’t accuse Warnock. It sure smells like a conflict of interest.

Do you have a link from a reputable source with that $16 million figure?

His church didn't receive $16M. At least get your corruption charge accurate.
Quit your lawyer BS! Warnock steered 16 million to a project that benefited Co-owner of the Church’s controversial apartment complex. Same difference. The projects name is Columbia towers.

Reactions: DANC
Yes, I read the same headline. Did you read the article? Do you know what it means? His church didn't get one cent of that money. Your accusation was false.
Ok. Now I'm confused. Is OHG also Lucy? Is he really spending time arguing with himself just to keep a ruse up on here?

Lucy and OHG: both please post at the same time--2:05 pm EST--the year of your birth.

Ok. Now I'm confused. Is OHG also Lucy? Is he really spending time arguing with himself just to keep a ruse up on here?

Lucy and OHG: both please post at the same time--2:05 pm EST--the year of your birth.
I was also IU curmudgeon?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT