ADVERTISEMENT

For all the Democracy loving

Democrats who fear Trump is going to take it away. . This seems like a no brainer if you're really concerned with fair, safe and free elections. @dbmhoosier not a chance they'll implenment it. They're to afraid of your boy.

Man that hair. Suit and tie. Chops. Just screams machismo. Guy is the real deal. You see that pic and have no idea what year it is

Democrats who fear Trump is going to take it away. . This seems like a no brainer if you're really concerned with fair, safe and free elections. @dbmhoosier not a chance they'll implenment it. They're to afraid of your boy.

We already have fair, safe and free elections in the United States.

Stop fueling conspiracy bullshit and lies.

The House should pass a bill that does 3 things...ensures abortion is legal in all states for the first 12 weeks, gives Dems much of what they want regarding guns such as bans on assault rifles, strict background checks, etc and finally gives Republicans something that is a ban on mail in balloting in all Federal elections (also voter ID required, election day not election month, and strict signature verification for limited absentee voting).

The Senate would reject this 100% guaranteed and Dems would be completely exposed.

Reactions: DANC
So the Constitution needs to be amended? To take the administration of elections away from the states?
Possibly. But apparently the Constitution doesn't matter in regards to elections as was proven in 2020. Point is there is no way in hell the Dems would ever go for such a thing as it takes away their ability to cheat. Abortions and gun control be damned. They care only about power.

The House should pass a bill that does 3 things...ensures abortion is legal in all states for the first 12 weeks, gives Dems much of what they want regarding guns such as bans on assault rifles, strict background checks, etc and finally gives Republicans something that is a ban on mail in balloting in all Federal elections (also voter ID required, election day not election month, and strict signature verification for limited absentee voting).

The Senate would reject this 100% guaranteed and Dems would be completely exposed.
It's strange the party crying about the end of Democracy are against implementing measures that would strengthen election integrity. Hmmmm.......maybe they are full of sh#t?

It's strange the party crying about the end of Democracy are against implementing measures that would strengthen election integrity.
They’re full of shit. Just trump obsessed while ignoring the decay and dereliction beautifully articulated by a Stanford classicist, military historian, and farmer. In addition to his Stanford ph.d he’ll be receiving an honorary from COH U

Possibly. But apparently the Constitution doesn't matter in regards to elections as was proven in 2020. Point is there is no way in hell the Dems would ever go for such a thing as it takes away their ability to cheat. Abortions and gun control be damned. They care only about power.

Does it snow in Bizarro world?

Democrats who fear Trump is going to take it away. . This seems like a no brainer if you're really concerned with fair, safe and free elections. @dbmhoosier not a chance they'll implement it. They're to afraid of your boy.

If it were a nationally mandated holiday then I'd think most would consider something like that. You can't do away with absentee ballots though. Not possible.

If it were a nationally mandated holiday then I'd think most would consider something like that. You can't do away with absentee ballots though. Not possible.
I'm fine with that but why do you need it? Employers are already required to give you time off to go vote.

• Haha
Reactions: ButHerEmails
Not in Indiana or 20 other states. And several states that require it don't mandate paid time off.
So in Indiana if the polls open at 5 and close at 5 and your shift that day is 5-5 or close to that they aren't required to give you a couple hours off to go vote? If you're correct then yes that should be changed.

Democrats who fear Trump is going to take it away. . This seems like a no brainer if you're really concerned with fair, safe and free elections. @dbmhoosier not a chance they'll implement it. They're to afraid of your boy.

I prefer to examine how the world's second largest Democracy (Brazil) responded to internal threats to Democracy and reacted when their own authoritarian despot attempted to stage a coup. In case you don't remember Bolsanaro tried to pull a Trump and incited his version of MAGA types to storm Brazil's Capitol in an attempt to overthrow the candidate he lost to.

Even the members of his own (right wing) party were horrified at his brazen attempt to overthgrow democracy and as a result they banned him (Bolsanaro) from holding political office until 2030. Consequently Bolsonaro now lives in exile in FL, and the only people who cheer him are the same Pubs who cheer autocrats like Orban and Putin...

So in Indiana if the polls open at 5 and close at 5 and your shift that day is 5-5 or close to that they aren't required to give you a couple hours off to go vote? If you're correct then yes that should be changed.
The only reason MAGA wants to limit elections to a single day is it decreases the amout of people voting. When you're a minority party and can only win by decreasing the amount of people voting for your opponent, you don't want more people voting. Half of MAGA world believes deep down that only landowners should be allowed to vote and elect govt officials charged with looking out for the welfare of everyone else.

It's the same type of benevolent patriarchial crap they used to justify not allowing slaves or women to vote. We know what's best for you, you're too ignorant to know what's god for you...

States where it's less cumbersome to vote, like Utah,CO and OR have MORE participation in the political process. The only people opposed to that are people who know that the more people vote the harder it is for them to win.
Mainly because they advocate for positions that the majority of Americans do not agree with.

The electoral college has allowed the GOP to win elections where they clearly do not enjoy the suport of the majority of voters, like in 2016 when Clinton got 3 Million more votes than Trump. That means a minority of American voters elected Trump in 2016, and provides a prety good reason MAGA has lost basicaly every election since then. That is why MAGA wants to decrease voting participation and revert to nonsense like paper ballots and single day elections. They genuinely believe it should be harder to vote,not easier...

"But apparently the Constitution doesn't matter in regards to elections as was proven in 2020."

Trumpers always allude to this,but never provide anyhting but Trump level lies. Did a single state change their voting procedures from the non-particsan measures they used in the Primaries to their general election procedures?

If you listen to Trump you're always going to sound like an idiot- just ask his "lawyer" who had to make a laughing stock of himself by advocating the preposterous line of "absolute immunity" gobbledy gook he tried to argue yesterday. He sounded even stupider after reading and implementing the points Trump scribbled out and demanded he use, like claiming Trump was far ahead in the polls.

Trump claims that states like PA and MI "changed" their procedure, and people who've apparently never heard of google just ignore the fact that both states enacted bi-partisan legislation regarding mail voting 2 or 3 years BEFORE the 2020 election. MIchigan's rules were adopted after a ballot initiative in 2019 won nearly 2/3 of the vote. It's no wonder Trump loves the uneducated, they just take his lies at face value...

I don't care about voter ID laws. I find them to be a litmus test for partisanship, nothing more.

Ignore which party is on each side of the argument for a second. Logically, does it make sense to request ID verification to vote, when it has to be done in many other circumstances (financial institutions, airports, etc.)?

Ignore which party is on each side of the argument for a second. Logically, does it make sense to request ID verification to vote, when it has to be done in many other circumstances (financial institutions, airports, etc.)?
Voting is different, because it's a right. But, like I said, I don't care. Require all the IDs you want.

What do you mean how? There are literally fewer opportunities.

Option A: You get 300 days to vote

Option B: 1 day

Which of those two options are there more opportunities for coercion and corruption?
I would think the same. We count votes, not days. How do more days provide more opportunities for corruption?

What do you mean how? There are literally fewer opportunities.

Option A: You get 300 days to vote

Option B: 1 day

Which of those two options are there more opportunities for coercion and corruption?
Man some of you guys live in a bizarre world. Trump really has warped a lot of you.

Still waiting for proof of widespread voter fraud. But somehow it never comes. Much like the better healthcare plan.

I would think the same. We count votes, not days. How do more days provide more opportunities for corruption?
I think you would be wrong. Maybe one day you will get an opportunity to run a system that’s allows 300 days of voting and we can compare it to a one day voting system to find out who is correct.

So the question is, how often does someone who has a right not have a valid form of ID that can be presented?
I think we have enough evidence now to know that both sides are worried over nothing: widespread in-person voter fraud doesn't really happen, but neither does widespread voter disenfranchisement from ID laws. So fine, let's require IDs. I don't care.

• Love
Reactions: BradStevens
Voter ID laws are fine. As long as they are extremely easy to get and they are free. Otherwise it's a poll tax on the poor.

Do that first. Then get id requirements passed.

The only reason MAGA wants to limit elections to a single day is it decreases the amout of people voting. When you're a minority party and can only win by decreasing the amount of people voting for your opponent, you don't want more people voting.
And don't forget their gerrymandering - - in a number of states - - that courts have found illegal.

Reactions: BCCHoosier
I didn’t vote for Trump. I notice you used term widespread. Why is that?
Because of course anyone that follows the news have seen that limited cases of voter fraud have occurred.

You pubs love to talk voter fraud. I can only imagine your reaction in a world where you actually won the popular vote yet lost an election. The uproar would be deafening.

Reactions: Bowlmania
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT