ADVERTISEMENT

Israel under attack from Hamas

Trump is the only one accused of inviting a foreign government to interfere directly with a US election. I'm not sure why you need Zeke to explain why that particular difference is relevant.
And water is wet. Anything a candidate does affects the election.

The wrongful act was impounding congressional authorizations. POTUS. lost that authority in the 70’s.

Reactions: DANC
And water is wet. Anything a candidate does affects the election.

The wrongful act was impounding congressional authorizations. POTUS. lost that authority in the 70’s.
You're bad at reading or just being disingenuous. Trump was accused of not just trying to affect the election, but of inviting a foreign government to interfere with it. That is dramatically beyond anything Biden is accused of here.

You're bad at reading or just being disingenuous. Trump was accused of not just trying to affect the election, but of inviting a foreign government to interfere with it. That is dramatically beyond anything Biden is accused of here.
The charge of Withholding congressionally approved aid in exchange for desired action by a foreign state is the same in both cases.

Danc. Is right, whether Ukraine to get a prosecutor fired or Israel withholding military aid is Biden’s MO.

For inexplicable reasons, Biden, Obama, and maybe other Democrats have been conspicuously pro-Iran. Biden’s pre-10/7 conduct is a proximate cause of this conflict. He perpetuates the bloodshed with public and leaked positions contrary to Israeli interests—giving pro-Iranian forces aid and comfort. The on-going pro-Gaza campus violence is partly a result of Biden leniency. His mind isn’t yet so far gone that he doesn’t know what he is doing with Iran and Israel. His positions encourage Hezbollah and Houthis too.

Re-electing Biden is the worst thing that can happen to Middle East peace.

No, it's not remotely the same, and you're being dishonest pretending it is
Of course there are different reasons. Are you saying executive embargoes on congressionally approved deliveries depend on whether you agtree with the reasons? You haven’t attempted to argue what is different about tne arms hold-up. Turning this on me by saying I’m dishonest isn’t an argument either.

Of course there are different reasons. Are you saying executive embargoes on congressionally approved deliveries depend on whether you agtree with the reasons? You haven’t attempted to argue what is different about tne arms hold-up. Turning this on me by saying I’m dishonest isn’t an argument either.
I don’t support this pause, but the President has the authority to halt arms shipments for weapons that have been used in violation of International Humanitarian Law (IHL) or potentially being used in violation of IHL). This has been done many times over the years under many Presidents, including arms to Israel. Reagan did it a couple of times when Israel was fighting in Lebanon. It has been done many times since. Most recently to pause transfers to UAE and Saudi.

The President does not have the authority to halt sales for reasons not spelled out in US law and policy. Trump pausing transfers in order to dig up political dirt on a Presidential opponent wasn’t doing that within law and policy.

There is a legal difference between the cases. That being said, tons of weapons are still flowing to Israel. Not having 2000 lb bombs is unlikely to stymie them much, if at all.

I don’t support this pause, but the President has the authority to halt arms shipments for weapons that have been used in violation of International Humanitarian Law (IHL) or potentially being used in violation of IHL). This has been done many times over the years under many Presidents, including arms to Israel. Reagan did it a couple of times when Israel was fighting in Lebanon. It has been done many times since. Most recently to pause transfers to UAE and Saudi.

The President does not have the authority to halt sales for reasons not spelled out in US law and policy. Trump pausing transfers in order to dig up political dirt on a Presidential opponent wasn’t doing that within law and policy.

There is a legal difference between the cases. That being said, tons of weapons are still flowing to Israel. Not having 2000 lb bombs is unlikely to stymie them much, if at all.
Biden was pretty clear that he based his decision on micromanaging the Israeli Gaza military strategy. He said that at least three times. The post hoc war crimes issue was not part of Biden’s reasons. Besides, the war crimes accusation has all the specificity of a protest sign on scores of college campuses. And is probaby based on as much investigation.

The more Biden publicly creates daylight between his administration and Israel, the longer the war will go on and the longer protests and disruptions will happen here. Biden should be telling Hamas to stop the fighting, stop the rockets, free the hostages, and turnover all the rockets or we will provide Israel with more 2,000 pound bombs to destroy their underground fortifications built with our humanitarian aid funds.

Then I look forward to your apology for calling me a liar.
No apology is deserved. You wrote:

"Trump was accused of not just trying to affect the election, but of inviting a foreign government to interfere with it. That is dramatically beyond anything Biden is accused of here."

The accusation against Trump is not dramatically beyond anything Biden is accused of here.

You owe me an apology for continually downplaying Biden's crimes.

• Haha
Reactions: zeke4ahs
No apology is deserved. You wrote:

"Trump was accused of not just trying to affect the election, but of inviting a foreign government to interfere with it. That is dramatically beyond anything Biden is accused of here."

The accusation against Trump is not dramatically beyond anything Biden is accused of here.

You owe me an apology for continually downplaying Biden's crimes.
Now you're both moving the goalpost and speaking a patent absurdity. All to avoid admitting you got one wrong.

I shall continue to await your apology.

Now you're both moving the goalpost and speaking a patent absurdity. All to avoid admitting you got one wrong.

I shall continue to await your apology.
You may continue to wait.

No, I didn't move the goalpost. You lied when you claimed Trump's situation was worse than Biden's. That's a lie and I'll want an apology from you for lying.

The more Biden publicly creates daylight between his administration and Israel, the longer the war will go on and the longer protests and disruptions will happen here. Biden should be telling Hamas to stop the fighting, stop the rockets, free the hostages, and turnover all the rockets or we will provide Israel with more 2,000 pound bombs to destroy their underground fortifications built with our humanitarian aid funds.

not sure why you are so hung up on this false premise. it makes no sense in any context. every president we've elected since Israel came to be has sought to distance the US from the way Israel run its wars and they all tried to use leverage to end the wars, as this admin is doing.

here Biden is telling Hamas to stop fighting. he's done it a lot, same as we'd expect from any president.

also

Animated GIF

not sure why you are so hung up on this false premise. it makes no sense in any context. every president we've elected since Israel came to be has sought to distance the US from the way Israel run its wars and they all tried to use leverage to end the wars, as this admin is doing.

here Biden is telling Hamas to stop fighting. he's done it a lot, same as we'd expect from any president.

also

Animated GIF
Oh my. If there ever was a time when the President needs to show the world a single minded purpose in the Middle East , that time is now. Hamas changed the game on October 7, and Biden not only doesn’t see that, his Iranian leniency led to it and his micro-managing Israeli military policy in Gaza prolongs the bloodshed.

Biden’s very public rebuke of Israel not only encourages chaos here, it gives Hamas hope to keep up its rocket attacks and keep up resistance.

Reactions: DANC and jet812
Oh my. If there ever was a time when the President needs to show the world a single minded purpose in the Middle East , that time is now. Hamas changed the game on October 7, and Biden not only doesn’t see that, his Iranian leniency led to it and his micro-managing Israeli military policy in Gaza prolongs the bloodshed.

Biden’s very public rebuke of Israel not only encourages chaos here, it gives Hamas hope to keep up its rocket attacks and keep up resistance.

How much of the administration's response (and the world at large) is believing fabrications from known fabricators who also happen to be terrorist assholes?

Almost everything about the modern conception of what "Palestine" and "Palestinians" is and are are complete fabrications of 1960's Arab radicals pissed that Jews bested them. And that lying idea has produced an entire people whose conception of what they are is a complete fabrication. An entire society built on lying to themselves and anyone else who will listen.

As far as Biden holding up the arms, it is being done for domestic political reasons in defiance of Congressional appropriations. Lawyers can argue over the minutiae but the material difference is negligible. People just don't like Trump so everything he does gets blown up into being the biggest "horrible" that could ever befall a country.

The issue that is going to occur is that Biden is in real danger of getting rolled by the person he and his party have been chasing around with lawfare. Trump very well may be taking office in January with a chip on his shoulder, an axe to grind, and 4 years of precedence available to guide his revenge tour.

How much of the administration's response (and the world at large) is believing fabrications from known fabricators who also happen to be terrorist assholes?

Almost everything about the modern conception of what "Palestine" and "Palestinians" is and are are complete fabrications of 1960's Arab radicals pissed that Jews bested them. And that lying idea has produced an entire people whose conception of what they are is a complete fabrication. An entire society built on lying to themselves and anyone else who will listen.

As far as Biden holding up the arms, it is being done for domestic political reasons in defiance of Congressional appropriations. Lawyers can argue over the minutiae but the material difference is negligible. People just don't like Trump so everything he does gets blown up into being the biggest "horrible" that could ever befall a country.

The issue that is going to occur is that Biden is in real danger of getting rolled by the person he and his party have been chasing around with lawfare. Trump very well may be taking office in January with a chip on his shoulder, an axe to grind, and 4 years of precedence available to guide his revenge tour.
There was some guy on Bill Maher over the weekend, might've been Douglas Murray. He said Biden is holding up arms shipments because he still holds out hope for a two state solution. Michigan and Minnesota.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

Huzzah! Only 12K women and children killed. Everyone rejoice!

you keep thinking US interests mirror Israel's.

Huzzah! Only 12K women and children killed. Everyone rejoice!

I am not his biggest fan but his point is accurate. I mentioned it before, there is no such thing as the clean war people are used to seeing from the technologically superior west and our allies. Those green screens with things going boom on the target we designated usually means someone or someones is/are getting blown to bits in 8k down there.

The point stands that Hamas is overinflating death counts to manipulate the world into backing off so they can lick their wounds and prepare for another Oct 7. Quick and brutal is better than low intensity drawn out.

you keep thinking US interests mirror Israel's.
Yes I do. Of course there can never be complete agreement, but we are light years closer to congruence with Israel than we are with the savage Hamas butchers who have made Gaza a total cesspit of hate and violence.

Yes I do. Of course there can never be complete agreement, but we are light years closer to congruence with Israel than we are with the savage Hamas butchers who have made Gaza a total cesspit of hate and violence.

closer but not the same and every president to date has tried pushing Israel into closing that gap.

if you disagree with US policy towards Israel now then you always did

closer but not the same and every president to date has tried pushing Israel into closing that gap.

if you disagree with US policy towards Israel now then you always did
October 7 changed the “always”. The hate, savagery, and barbarism towards Jews reached unprecedented levels. They even killed 33 Americans and kidnapped a dozen more. Obviously the “always” had no affect. We need a substantial change.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT