ADVERTISEMENT

Do you stand with the Cubans who are against communism?

Lol. That doesn’t change anything. People will be returned, in accordance with long standing policy.

His crocodile tears are nothing more than chum in the water for suckers like you.
Interesting that some are so worried from a “humanitarian” view. Haven’t heard much to discourage the illegals from south of whom up to 10,000 have died over the past 25 years…

Very revealing that these organizations are releasing a statement openly parroting the anti-US talking points of the communist regime that the Cuban people are risking their lives protesting against.

Many people on the right have been pointing out that these leftwing organizations (DSA, BLM etc.), which were mainstreamed and normalized over the last year, are openly Marxist and anti-American. They view the Cuban Communist regime as their allies.

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978

Very revealing that these organizations are releasing a statement openly parroting the anti-US talking points of the communist regime that the Cuban people are risking their lives protesting against.

Many people on the right have been pointing out that these leftwing organizations (DSA, BLM etc.), which were mainstreamed and normalized over the last year, are openly Marxist and anti-American. They view the Cuban Communist regime as their allies.
Assata Shakur is a domestic terrorist and cop killer. That they mention her by name should be enough for reasonable people to understand what they’re all about.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Yesterday the President blamed covid craziness for it. Now, today he is saying we must respect their voice and called the for Cuban Government to not do any violence towards them. What say you? Are you for the Cubans? Were you for the Hong Kong folks who were against the communist takeover of their homeland?
Stand all you want. Nobody cares. Cuba has been Communist for over 60 years. It will remain so until Cubans want something else badly enough to do what's necessary to make changes.

...these organizations are releasing a statement openly parroting the anti-US talking points of the communist regime that the Cuban people are risking their lives protesting against.
I don't support the Black Lives Matter organization.

I do strongly believe that black lives matter, like most thinking people.

But the statement you linked cites the right of Cubans to choose their own government, and your take that it is supporting the government that denies the people the right to choose their own government?

That off by precisely 180 degrees.

It does slam US sanctions, over and over again, as being more oppressive to Cuban people than punishing to the evil government. That is arguably true. the language about the US "trying to crush the revolution for decades" is a head scratcher.

But like I said, I don't follow or support that organization, or know anyone who does, even though I know a lot of people who agree with the premise that black lives matter.

Reactions: mainway_toys
Stand all you want. Nobody cares. Cuba has been Communist for over 60 years. It will remain so until Cubans want something else badly enough to do what's necessary to make changes.
I had missed you and your insipid photo, pretty much tells everything needed to be known about you. Why can't 12 year old little boys stay off message boards?

Have a heart for people who want freedom and really are prisoners in their own country. We have freedom here and should want it for others.
We are all sympathetic to the Cuban people but your comment that their main problem is gun control is just stupid. I mean, stupid EVEN FOR YOU.

They don't have enough food to eat, jobs, decent housing, safety from crime, enough access to medicines, crappy infrastructure, no social services whatsoever. Guns and ammo really aren't the issue, unless there are edible guns.

We are all sympathetic to the Cuban people but your comment that their main problem is gun control is just stupid. I mean, stupid EVEN FOR YOU.

They don't have enough food to eat, jobs, decent housing, safety from crime, enough access to medicines, crappy infrastructure, no social services whatsoever. Guns and ammo really aren't the issue, unless there are edible guns.
Well let’s think about this a bit. The Communists took up arms and took control of the Cuban government. It's not an uncommon position that the current government needs to be replaced. Do you think that Cuban citizens’ issues are less important now that the government is communist?

Well let’s think about this a bit. The Communists took up arms and took control of the Cuban government. It's not an uncommon position that the current government needs to be replaced. Do you think that Cuban citizens’ issues are less important now that the government is communist?
No, I am just saying that Cuban Dad and Cuban Mom thinking about what it is that would make my life better would list things like food, shelter, medicines, clothing, schools, etc. before remarking how wonderful it would be if they just had some more guns and ammo.

The communist government blows and needs to be replaced, and I bet it will be, within 10 years.

Reactions: largemouth

Our embassies fly this organization's flag, because Democrats want us to be a country that hates ourselves.

Any government that embraced Robert Mugabe anytime after the mid 90's is a shambles. Oh look, Cuba.

one could say the same about a lot of non communist countries as well.

again though, when a country with the power to do so imposes failure on another country, then saying "look, they failed", becomes a disingenuous statement.

we'll never know to what extent Cuba could succeed if allowed and even facilitated to do so, if that opportunity is never allowed by a power with the might to make sure it doesn't, as it's foreign policy towards that country..
The #1 food exporter to Cuba is....... The U.S.

200 Million dollars worth of medicine and humanitarian supplies flow to Cuba from......... The U.S.

3 Billion dollars worth of the Cuban economy are remittances to Cubans from their relatives in....... The U.S.

Tell me again how it's the U.S. and not the Cuban government who is responsible for the current situation.

Step 1 - Create edible guns
Step 2 - ..........
Step 3 - Profit

China is ahead of the curve

H73b4df36ea7d4e5b86308d126706aaa1D.jpg_.webp

AOC finally releases a statement on Cuba protests after almost a week, and most of it is spent repeating regime propaganda about how US embargo, not the oppressive Communist regime, is responsible for the suffering of the Cuban people.

Also worth noting that AOC suggests The Embargo is a "cruel" method to punish the Communist regime, but has repeatedly defended the anti-Semitic BDS movement aiming to punish everyday Israelis for disagreements with the Israeli government.

The Squad has never been confronted with this inconsistency. Representatives like Omar say it's wrong to have even narrow sanctions against bad actors in places like Venezuela, Iran, and Cuba, but support extensive boycotts against anyone associated with Israel.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

AOC finally releases a statement on Cuba protests after almost a week, and most of it is spent repeating regime propaganda about how US embargo, not the oppressive Communist regime, is responsible for the suffering of the Cuban people.

Also worth noting that AOC suggests The Embargo is a "cruel" method to punish the Communist regime, but has repeatedly defended the anti-Semitic BDS movement aiming to punish everyday Israelis for disagreements with the Israeli government.

The Squad has never been confronted with this inconsistency. Representatives like Omar say it's wrong to have even narrow sanctions against bad actors in places like Venezuela, Iran, and Cuba, but support extensive boycotts against anyone associated with Israel.
when and where do they support boycotting Israel, just asking

No, I am just saying that Cuban Dad and Cuban Mom thinking about what it is that would make my life better would list things like food, shelter, medicines, clothing, schools, etc. before remarking how wonderful it would be if they just had some more guns and ammo.

The communist government blows and needs to be replaced, and I bet it will be, within 10 years.

From Jefferson's Embargo through Trump's tariff wars, our attempts to use trade as a foreign policy stick have been abject failures. You'd think we would have learned our lesson by now.

Literally the topline of her statement is solidarity with the protesters and condemnation of the regime. Please keep that in mind.

Your comment about BDS is well-taken, though.

From Jefferson's Embargo through Trump's tariff wars, our attempts to use trade as a foreign policy stick have been abject failures. You'd think we would have learned our lesson by now.

The Cuban embargo is idiotic. Has accomplished nothing in 60 years. No other nation has any such policy re: Cuba so it's ineffective and preposterous.... and a decent argument could be made that it actually works against our interests and empowers the Cuban govt.

the 60 yr embargo of Cuba has had the exact effect it was designed to have, or otherwise ever could have, so hard to call it a failure.

if your goal is to use your might to impose failure by force on another country, and are successful in doing so, is said policy a failure?

that would be like saying the investor class's takeover of govt to engineer the transfer of wealth from the working class to the investor class has been a failure, when obviously it's been successful beyond belief.

According to my article posted above the Cuban government propaganda does attempt to win the the support of its people. It is safe to say some of the Cubans buy into the propaganda.

The propaganda succeeds to some degree according to the article due to the following..

(1) The government has managed to stay in power because of its ability to make its presence felt on every street, and in every house.

(2) The government promotes itself as instruments for social (and ideally moral) betterment. In Havana the author came across signs encouraging alcoholics to get help at meetings. In one village he say a notice telling people to neuter their dogs. And then, there are the slogans - sayings from Castro and from Che Guevara printed on walls and placards across the country.

(3) The government cultivates a strong sense of national pride and is sustained by the view that its enemies are out to destroy it. In Cuba, the enemy is the United States.
“Bolivian soldier who executed Che Guevara dies”

Hero

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT