ADVERTISEMENT

Who are "the elites" and what do they believe?

I used to have a tyrannical boss at a pharma company who would schedule meetings, show up 10 minutes early and then shut the door and start the meeting. He'd glare at anyone who came in after. Cussed people out too, the PhD scientists. Guy was awful.

This economy is so heated and my 401k plans are doing so great... this former cow-milking farm boy is worried about maybe becoming a one percenter. Not many of us elites know how to bale hay, stack it in the barn, detassle corn, deliver a calf, shoe a horse, and so on.
John Malkovich Narcissist GIF by Narcissistic Abuse Rehab

Reactions: DANC
Yeah, that 10,000 people per square mile condition seems like just the opposite to me. The more "elite" you are, the more you want to get away from the crowded areas.

Heck, I just looked it up, and according to this definition, there isn't a single person in Indiana or Ohio who can be considered elite.

This was a narrative in search of statistics, not statistics creating a narrative.

Last edited:
Thank God for post-grad "elites".

Wondering how many on the Committee to Unleash Prosperity including supply side guru Art Laffler are "elites" by their own definition
Trump should be the epitome of an elite, and yet somehow people who claim to despise elites are willing to give the ultimate elite (trump) a free pass.

Rich only because of daddy's wealth passed down. Claims to be incredibly wealthy, but isn't one bit hesitant about grifting to get poor suckers to pay his legal bills and enrich his family's wealth in the process...

Abused both the court system and bankruptcy statutes to accumulate more power and prestige, and didn't care who he trampled underneath along the way.

Lived a completely amoral lifestyle,which hypocritical Evangelicals were willing to ignore to obtain power

Purposely chose to live and build a business empire amidst the type of dense concentration of populace the study refers to

Hired actors to cheer and hold signs when he descended a gold elevator and proclaimed himself a "man of the people"

Has somehow managed to convince the exact same type of people he's treated like refuse in the past that he "cares" about them.

Does being in a cult make you stupid,or is being stupid a prerequsite for being susceptible to cult indoctrination?

I doubt this woman understand how the US Court system functions, or could even give a working definition of what constitutes "treason". But she wants to hang Biden, presumably for committing the crime of fitting her definition of "elite"

Trump should be the epitome of an elite, and yet somehow people who claim to despise elites are willing to give the ultimate elite (trump) a free pass.

Rich only because of daddy's wealth passed down. Claims to be incredibly wealthy, but isn't one bit hesitant about grifting to get poor suckers to pay his legal bills and enrich his family's wealth in the process...

Abused both the court system and bankruptcy statutes to accumulate more power and prestige, and didn't care who he trampled underneath along the way.

Lived a completely amoral lifestyle,which hypocritical Evangelicals were willing to ignore to obtain power

Purposely chose to live and build a business empire amidst the type of dense concentration of populace the study refers to

Hired actors to cheer and hold signs when he descended a gold elevator and proclaimed himself a "man of the people"

Has somehow managed to convince the exact same type of people he's treated like refuse in the past that he "cares" about them.

Does being in a cult make you stupid,or is being stupid a prerequsite for being susceptible to cult indoctrination?

I doubt this woman understand how the US Court system functions, or could even give a working definition of what constitutes "treason". But she wants to hang Biden, presumably for committing the crime of fitting her definition of "elite"

Would it kill you to link a video from a source that is well known and respected? Although I hate them I would be more accommodating if you at least linked AP, NBC, Fox News, WaPo, etc.

You seem to purposely go into the dark corners of the internet to find freaks to share with us all.

This Packman guy I’ve seen before. He’s a complete cuck lowlife.

WHOA, bring that home and mom gentle pulls you to the side....

Son, we need to talk. There's something I've not taught you about women.

• Haha

This survey is going viral and is absolutely fascinating. For the purposes of this study the elites were described thusly:

- at least one post-graduate degree,
- earning at least $150,000 annually
- living in high-population density areas (more than 10,000 people per square mile in their zip code)

Some of the highlights below but give the whole survey a read, it goes quick.

Only about 20% of all Americans say they believe their finances are getting better now. But among the Elite, that number more than triples to 74% who say they are better off. And among the Ivy League school graduates, 88% say they are better off

Climate change is clearly an obsession of the very rich and highly educated. An astonishing 77% of the Elites –including nearly 90% of the Elites who graduated from the top universities – favor rationing of energy, gas, and meat to combat climate change. Among all Americans, 63% oppose this policy.

When Americans are asked if there is too much or too little freedom, Elites are three times more likely to say that there is too much individual freedom in America than all Americans. Almost six out of ten of the graduates from Elite colleges think there is too much freedom.

Perhaps not surprisingly, at a time when President Biden’s approval rating among voters was in the low 40s, his performance earned approval from 84% of the Elites. That’s a 40% swing.

These people truly have no idea what the life of an average American is like. Fascinating to put some parameters and data to the oft used term "elites" and exactly what they believe.
What? Did you actually read it?

You're now admitting by your link that it's beneficial to go to college and become more educated?

So, we can add education deniers to the list of crazy Right-wing conspiracy advocates along with election deniers, vaccination deniers and ancient astronaut/bigfoot theorists. Somehow, the rest of us always knew the conspiracy nuts were full of it.

Last edited:
No joke. These guys almost certainly engaged in a form of p-hacking. They likely played with the variables until they found a subset of the sample they could portray as unsalvageable liberal, and then published that, as if it was some kind of meaningful result.
Not really though clown girl. The urban zip code is an essential variable for capturing out of touch elitist dipshits. A rich guy in Arkansas is more down to earth. Obviously.

You just don’t like that the survey embarrasses the Democratic Party and your leaders. You’re a child.

Not really though clown girl. The urban zip code is an essential variable for capturing out of touch elitist dipshits. A rich guy in Arkansas is more down to earth. Obviously.

You just don’t like that the survey embarrasses the Democratic Party and your leaders. You’re a child.
You're the one acting like an infant, not me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT