ADVERTISEMENT

Younger voters

snarlcakes

All-American
Sep 9, 2009

I was pleasantly surprised. It will be interesting to see if it shows up in November.

This does fit my working narrative of the future of Bitcoin. The extremely wealthy and young people will be the main drivers of Bitcoin.

Younger people are the generation who is suffering the most from excessive government spending and money printing; so they’ll adopt out of necessity. The extreme wealthy because they’re very intelligent and will take the time to understand Bitcoin. Most boomers of course will be the last to adopt, because of their hubris 😁

Last edited:

I was pleasantly surprised. It will be interesting to see if it shows up in November.

This does fit my working narrative of the future of Bitcoin. The extremely wealthy and young people will be the main drivers of Bitcoin.

Younger people are the generation who is suffering the most from excessive government spending and money printing, so they’ll adopt out of necessity. The extreme wealthy because they’re very intelligent and will take the time to understand Bitcoin. Most boomers of course will be the last to adopt, because of their hubris 😁
good for them. it should be.

Reactions: snarlcakes
This is way, way deeper than that.
I don’t believe it is to be fair. In part but the consequences of this batch of Dems is profound. You can trace price spikes to policy. Housing in part to Covid remote work. Office issues/commercial etc. business is fine. Economy. We just need gov to leave us alone

I have never in my life seen worse policy than what has come from Dems the last four years

This is way, way deeper than that.
Agree. Biden is awful on just about every level but this wealth disparity has been building for a while.

If you are a very strong student with a marketable degree you will still do well. But if you are just an average Joe going forward life will be hard compared to your parents.

Healthcare costs being pushed to employees, lack of pensions, run away real estate market. Tough time to be starting out as a young adult.

It’s the inevitable outcomes of growing government and money printing. Biden’s administration just did it on a much larger scale.
Extended remote work was a big influence too. There are consequences to policies that are often unintended

Agree. Biden is awful on just about every level but this wealth disparity has been building for a while.

If you are a very strong student with a marketable degree you will still do well. But if you are just an average Joe going forward life will be hard compared to your parents.

Healthcare costs being pushed to employees, lack of pensions, run away real estate market. Tough time to be starting out as a young adult.
Yup. We've been gradually moving this way for several presidents now.

It’s the inevitable outcomes of growing government and money printing. Biden’s administration just did it on a much larger scale.
Compare houses prices From today to pre Biden. Cars. Gas. Insurance. He has exacerbated those challenges young people face.

Reactions: 76-1
Compare houses prices From today to pre Biden. Cars. Gas. Insurance. He has exacerbated those challenges young people face.
Get married. Two incomes.

Not a definite cure but it would help.

Marriage rate has declined by 60% since the 1970’s, per a quick Google searched that referenced CNBC.

You know inflation was worldwide and we now have less inflation than most our G20 friends.

Meanwhile we are expanding, Europe's economy is stagnating. So Europe has inflation and no growth.

In one year our economy roughly grew by the size of South Korea's economy. We grew faster than China, something that hasn't happened in a long time.

You know inflation was worldwide and we now have less inflation than most our G20 friends.

Meanwhile we are expanding, Europe's economy is stagnating. So Europe has inflation and no growth.

In one year our economy roughly grew by the size of South Korea's economy. We grew faster than China, something that hasn't happened in a long time.

you know we don't live in those countries right? you know there are countless variables that influence same right? what we do know is twofold: 1) biden's excessive stimulus exacerbated policy here and those prices have not subsided. we are now stuck with them. the inflation rate has calmed but now the prices are a new norm; 2) biden did this as a matter of policy. not a response to a pandemic. he did it because he wanted to be transformative and provide cradle to grave benefits. what went on in other countries is wholly inapposite to here

"But regarding the exact amount of inflation, the US stands out. And it started to stand out shortly after President Biden took office.

From 2021 onward, what’s known as “core inflation” has been significantly higher in the US than in other wealthy countries. (Core inflation is a common metric that excludes food and energy prices, which tend to be volatile, to try to get a better sense of general price levels and inflation in an economy.)

A recent article published by the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco makes this point. The authors — Òscar Jordà, Celeste Liu, Fernanda Nechio, and Fabián Rivera-Reyes — compare core inflation in the US to the average of eight wealthy countries (the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Canada, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, and Finland). Before 2021, these and the US had similar inflation levels. Then the US’s shot up."

excess unnecessary vote pandering to the far left is why we gave away the house. now it's student loans. if biden wins again and has control we are f'kd. it's an administration run by purple haired social workers behind a cadaver. take florida just by way of comparison. there's zero chance we'd have had the same response with DeSantis in office.

Last edited:
you know we don't live in those countries right? you know there are countless variables that influence same right? what we do know is twofold: 1) biden's excessive stimulus exacerbated policy here and those prices have not subsided. we are now stuck with them. the inflation rate has calmed but now the prices are a new norm; 2) biden did this as a matter of policy. not a response to a pandemic. he did it because he wanted to be transformative and provide cradle to grave benefits. what went on in other countries is wholly inapposite to here

"But regarding the exact amount of inflation, the US stands out. And it started to stand out shortly after President Biden took office.

From 2021 onward, what’s known as “core inflation” has been significantly higher in the US than in other wealthy countries. (Core inflation is a common metric that excludes food and energy prices, which tend to be volatile, to try to get a better sense of general price levels and inflation in an economy.)

A recent article published by the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco makes this point. The authors — Òscar Jordà, Celeste Liu, Fernanda Nechio, and Fabián Rivera-Reyes — compare core inflation in the US to the average of eight wealthy countries (the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Canada, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, and Finland). Before 2021, these and the US had similar inflation levels. Then the US’s shot up."

excess unnecessary vote pandering to the far left is why we gave away the house. now it's student loans. if biden wins again and has control we are f'kd. it's an administration run by purple haired social workers behind a cadaver

And again, Europe had .1% growth for 3 months followed by 3 months of 0. That was the concern coming out of COVID, we would slide into a recession.

We do not live in those countries, but it is a comparison. If almost every country has inflation it is fantasy to think there is something in our water that will block all inflation from the US. I don't care about the other B10 teams, the fact that none have won a basketball championship in 25 years shows that we face a totally uphill struggle, the B10 cannot recruit the talent needed to win it all.

that will block all inflation
for sure. inflation was inevitable to some degree. of course. the excess stimulus exacerbated inflation. it wasn't the sole cause. 1-3 points worse than it should have been seems to be the concensus. as for a recession i'm not sure that wouldn't be preferable to high prices that we're now stuck with

And again, Europe had .1% growth for 3 months followed by 3 months of 0. That was the concern coming out of COVID, we would slide into a recession.

We do not live in those countries, but it is a comparison. If almost every country has inflation it is fantasy to think there is something in our water that will block all inflation from the US. I don't care about the other B10 teams, the fact that none have won a basketball championship in 25 years shows that we face a totally uphill struggle, the B10 cannot recruit the talent needed to win it all.
and all of this misses what's truly germane. if it was a response to a novel occurrence and overshot you could build in some understanding. but this was the biden agenda. to be transformative. to provide cradle to grave benefits. the pandemic was just a useful occasion to promote same. that is what is scary. a fundamental change to the country. we see it today carrying on with student loans

and all of this misses what's truly germane. if it was a response to a novel occurrence and overshot you could build in some understanding. but this was the biden agenda. to be transformative. to provide cradle to grave benefits. the pandemic was just a useful occasion to promote same. that is what is scary. a fundamental change to the country. we see it today carrying on with student loans

Trump wants "up to a 60%" tariff on China, what will that do to inflation.

In2019, oil companies complained of a shortage of workers due to crackdown on illegal aliens.

They make a sizeable number of workers there today, what will that do to oil prices?

Reactions: Ohio Guy
for sure. inflation was inevitable to some degree. of course. the excess stimulus exacerbated inflation. it wasn't the sole cause. 1-3 points worse than it should have been seems to be the concensus. as for a recession i'm not sure that wouldn't be preferable to high prices that we're now stuck with
Didn't we have economists who were warning us because of this quantitative easing? It has to cause inflation. America is addicted to deficit spending and don't think there are ramifications for doing so. Well as Pres Obama's pastor said, "the chickens are coming home to roost".

Reactions: mcmurtry66

In2019, oil companies complained of a shortage of workers due to crackdown on illegal aliens.

They make a sizeable number of workers there today, what will that do to oil prices?

Yup. That will not be good for prices. And terrible timing

Reactions: Marvin the Martian

and who knows if trump understands that. so much is made overseas, whether it's china or elsewhere. hell mlb now "owns" rawlings. they do their manufacturing in thailand. buy string from north carolina and other type stuff but manufacturing takes place in thailand. america's pasttime

Here is a quote from a Kiplinger news letter:

"In fact, real wages for a typical worker stand at about the level expected if there had been no pandemic or recession in early 2020 and if they had kept growing at the same rate as in years prior," it added.​
There are problems, many people haven't been able to keep up. Many have. The growth is terribly uneven. My raise last year was about 2%, I am one that lost ground. So I know the feeling.

Yup. That will not be good for prices. And terrible timing

If terrible timing is a thing, couldn't it be argued that Biden was a product of his timing of becoming president and what was going on in the world?

You are always taking about the free cheese given out, but it's pretty well know that when president, Trump wanted more stimulus then what was given during his term. I would guess he would have given additional stimulus, just like Biden.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
If terrible timing is a thing, couldn't it be argued that Biden was a product of his timing of becoming president and what was going on in the world?

You are always taking about the free cheese given out, but it's pretty well know that when president, Trump wanted more stimulus then what was given during his term. I would guess he would have given additional stimulus, just like Biden.
no re biden because again it was in keeping with his agenda. free cheese wasn't just a bandaid for covid. it's what those who control him wanted anyway. it was their agenda regardless of the pandemic.

as for trump giving additional stimulus i don't know. perhaps. but i never heard expanding government, being transformative, and cradle to grave benefits as part of trump's platform nor have i seen him cozy with the far left. no president is one thing from A-Z. but in the majority biden is a progressive

we can't have four more years of biden pause. this election will be interesting. i trust a lot of voters were like myself when biden was elected and though eh. obama 2.0. whatever. fine. instead we got AOC. and centrists were duped

no re biden because again it was in keeping with his agenda. free cheese wasn't just a bandaid for covid. it's what those who control him wanted anyway. it was their agenda regardless of the pandemic.

as for trump giving additional stimulus i don't know. perhaps. but i never heard expanding government, being transformative, and cradle to grave benefits as part of trump's platform nor have i seen him cozy with the far left. no president is one thing from A-Z. but in the majority biden is a progressive

we can't have four more years of biden pause. this election will be interesting. i trust a lot of voters were like myself when biden was elected and though eh. obama 2.0. whatever. fine. instead we got AOC. and centrists were duped

They both suck. With all the people in our nation, it's amazing that we can't come up with two candidates that aren't knocking on deaths door.

It's because of the economic policies since the 80s. Money has been too cheap for too long. There is no one person or party to blame.

Low interest rates:
- stimulate the economy
-inflate asset prices
-encourage riskier behavior
-encourage increased leverage (fragility)

We had low interest rates for 40 years. That fundamentally changed peoples behavior.

Younger people are the generation who is suffering the most from excessive government spending and money printing; so they’ll adopt out of necessity. The extreme wealthy because they’re very intelligent and will take the time to understand Bitcoin. Most boomers of course will be the last to adopt, because of their hubris 😁
It will probably show up in Nov, but it's not exactly a winning issue for Trump among the young. This poll from 6 days ago shows "Economic Conerns" as a major issue, and Biden leads by 8 with registered voters and by a whopping 19% among likely voters...

Key vs this poll and others is that this poll exclusively polled Younger voters, instaed of including them as a minority subset of polls which include all age groups. The Spring edition of the Harvard Youth Poll talked to 2010 Americans between the ages of 18-29. The poll conducted between March 14-21 shows Biden leading with 50% to 37% among registered voters and when they screen for likely voters the margin grows to 56-37%. Biden leads by 6 points among men and 33 points among women...

The numbers were similar in the Fall 2023 edition of the same poll conducted 10/23-11/6 when Biden's lead among registered voters was 48-33. with Biden leading but under the magic 50% threshold. But the major change from Fall to Spring may have been in those who said they definitely planned to vote. In the fall that number was 49% lagging behind the 57% that answered positively in the same stage of the race in 2020. Actual turnout of the youth vote in 2020 was estimated to be 52-54%...

But as we get closer to Nov, the number who said they would definitely vote has risen to 53%, basically on par with 2020 voting numbers. And a major boon for Biden would be a ceasefire in the Israel/Hamas conflict with a ceasefire being supported by 51% to 10%. They also express support for Israelis and Palestinians as people (52 and 56% resp) but not for their respective Govts (29 and 32%)...

• Haha
Reactions: snarlcakes
as for a recession i'm not sure that wouldn't be preferable to high prices that we're now stuck with

And this is where your shtick about be so concerned about the lower classes and working poor proves to be a charade. A recession puts the least of us out of work and behind the eight ball, but yeah, it might help reduce the price of crab legs and lattes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT