ADVERTISEMENT

Why do I feel like Biden is going to lose?

i do not. i knew joe kelley the old iu women's coach. the men's camps at iu are one of the biggest camps in the midwest. i assume the girls' side is the same? kids growing up for school affiliated camps went to iu in the midwest or duke on the coast. duke's camps are phenomenal
Yeah, I did the Yeagley camp back in the early 80's. It's still strong.

Still see the old man out at Bloomington CC in the card room all the time. :D

IU did a Girl's overnight camp back before the current staff, but don't do it anymore. Our's typically has gone South for overnight camps since Covid....Northern schools shut them down. Just starting to see a re-emergence of the major ones for this summer in the North...

but kinda late for her. She's already hitting the College ID camp circuit.

Yeah, I did the Yeagley camp back in the early 80's. It's still strong.

Still see the old man out at Bloomington CC in the card room all the time. :D
ha! He's a great guy! true legend. there's a collection of old coaches of his gen that literally started college soccer. moved it from club or nothing at all to D1. mark berson at south carolina (was there for 45 years); i.m. ibrahim at clemson; yeagley at indiana. so many stl guys filled those early rosters, including indiana. south carolina basically took an entire national championship juco team from stl and used it to start the program

i do not. i knew joe kelley the old iu women's coach. the men's camps at iu are one of the biggest camps in the midwest. i assume the girls' side is the same? kids growing up for school affiliated camps went to iu in the midwest or duke on the coast. duke's camps are phenomenal. how old is your daughter?
So did you play for IU? I don't think I've ever heard you say.

no if i wanted to play in the midwest i'd have played at slu. i liked your neck of the woods for soccer
Nicer weather for sure. Although we had what felt like a hurricane come through here yesterday.

So how did you get to Bloomington?

Nicer weather for sure. Although we had what felt like a hurricane come through here yesterday.

So how did you get to Bloomington?
it's the heart of the country's college soccer scene. the five or six d1 programs unc has, charlotte, davidson, wake, nc state, duke, clemson, sc, virginia, on and on.

bloomington was grad school.

Reactions: ulrey and DANC
it's the heart of the country's college soccer scene. the five or six d1 programs unc has, charlotte, davidson, wake, nc state, duke, clemson, sc, virginia, on and on.

bloomington was grad school.
UNCCharlotte and Davidson are just up the road from me. Wake is only a little more than an hour away.

UNC, Duke, and NCState are a little over 2 hours away. It's amazing how many good colleges are in such a backward state.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I hear you on that one. Mine makes a sport of it. If she's got five things on her list and the price of each is cheaper at five different stores, then she goes to five different stores.
That's why gas efficiency standards are in effect.

Gas money isn't real money, doncha know? It's credit card money.

I've been around here since the old Star Board in the middle 90s and no one has EVER discussed the price of string cheese.

Some mod, please mark string cheese off the unused topic list.
What do you expect? The working class won't delay gratification to get ahead.

Democracy and other such stilted concerns are a luxury when you have tuition, mortgages, braces, health insurance etc. match the price of cars 2020 to today. Homes. Insurance. Groceries. Meds. The data is there. Not stories. Your insulated life leaves you immune to the challenges so many face. (Maybe to your credit). What’s more this is a big ten board. Not quite average. In my nonprofit endeavors people are struggling desperately. Fixed income folks choosing between meds and food. It’s off -putting to hear any support for Biden and ignores what he wanted and what he was prevented from doing. And that is even preferable to the stupidy of Jan 6 obsessions.

Biden made peoples’ lives financially more difficult. That is fact

Oh and Covid setbacks were also gov overreach to the detriment of the economy. That as a crutch or excuse is absurd too. That was more gov f ups
Let us not forget Uncle Joe wanted to pass another round of stimulus that thankfully wiser minds prevailed and Manchin was the vote to shut it down. Had that gone through, the price of goods would be incrementally h if her than they already are. The problem with Biden is he is asleep at the wheel. He is nothing more than a pawn. Not sure who’s running the show, but it most certainly isn’t Joe Biden. More likely than not it’s Obama and a shitload of big money, ie financial firms, financing the debt and these wars and using Biden as a proxy.

Reactions: DANC
Heard on NPR today (short version): On the issue of who is a threat to democracy, Biden wins big, because Democrats and most independents agree with him. He also wins big because among people who are single-issue voters re: protecting democracy, he dominates Trump. It should be easy to see why he wants to keep playing that same song. It's a crowd favorite.

It just feels to me like most voters want more. Maybe we're fickle. Maybe we have a short attention span. But we already did Trump. The nation survived him once. Biden saved us from him once. Maybe the threat just doesn't seem that big anymore. Biden has a record now to run on. I just don't see this as a winning campaign:

What was Biden’s campaign the first go around? From my recollection, his campaign was just as you point out. He wasn’t trump. The rest of the time he was in his basement. How is democracy any different under Biden than it was under trump? What did Biden save us from? What I see is same amount of “us Vs them” mentality if not worse. I see insane prices. I see a border wide open and various large cities in crisis mode where these migrants are at, ie Denver hospital closing, NYC mayor explicitly sounding the alarm, etc. I see a war in Ukraine. I see a war in the Middle East. Is this the democracy Biden provided us or saved us from? Or, is this all Trump’s fault? Would love to see Americans vote for policy over who they “like”. Both Candidates suck.

What was Biden’s campaign the first go around? From my recollection, his campaign was just as you point out. He wasn’t trump. The rest of the time he was in his basement. How is democracy any different under Biden than it was under trump? What did Biden save us from? What I see is same amount of “us Vs them” mentality if not worse. I see insane prices. I see a border wide open and various large cities in crisis mode where these migrants are at, ie Denver hospital closing, NYC mayor explicitly sounding the alarm, etc. I see a war in Ukraine. I see a war in the Middle East. Is this the democracy Biden provided us or saved us from? Or, is this all Trump’s fault? Would love to see Americans vote for policy over who they “like”. Both Candidates suck.
Trump will eliminate the other two branches & name himself der Fuhrer by modifying the Constitution with a sharpie. He will turn the Capital into a Trump hotel & the National Mall into a golf course. Probably move the capital to Palm Beach & make Mar a Lago the residence. He likely would legalize rape & sexual assault, & all of his enemies would be hanged on the gallows built on Jan 6. Buffalo man will the the executioner. And that’s just the first month. At least, this is what some of the chicken littles here would have you believe…

Yes, his campaign was mostly who he wasn't. A return to decency. An end to corruption and incompetence. Etc. I just don't think the same campaign works as well for Biden as an incumbent.

Yes, his campaign was mostly who he wasn't. A return to decency. An end to corruption and incompetence. Etc. I just don't think the same campaign works as well for Biden as an incumbent.
An end to corruption? To decency? Are you serious? If you really believe that, particularly the corruption part, there is really no point in having a discussion with you on this topic.

UNCCharlotte and Davidson are just up the road from me. Wake is only a little more than an hour away.

UNC, Duke, and NCState are a little over 2 hours away. It's amazing how many good colleges are in such a backward state.
What is backward about NC?

You can’t have a discussion with someone who describes a political campaign?
I wasn't referring to the political campaign. If you read the posts, you would know that. That said, to have a discussion with anyone relative to politics, campaign or other, who believes that Biden has "brought back decency" to the office and "is not corrupt" is not a conversation worth having.

I wasn't referring to the political campaign. If you read the posts, you would know that. That said, to have a discussion with anyone relative to politics, campaign or other, who believes that Biden has "brought back decency" to the office and "is not corrupt" is not a conversation worth having.
But I was talking about the campaign, which based on your original response, you clearly understood. If we can't have a conversation, that's a you problem at this point.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
but is the opposite of everything we had anticipated. we were looking for uncle joe. a conciliatory bridge to the next guy and away from trump who would be a moderate. instead he came out entirely divisive, hasn't abandoned his divisiveness, and vowed to be transformative with progressives. worst president in modern history

Reactions: AtlantaCat
but is the opposite of everything we had anticipated. we were looking for uncle joe. a conciliatory bridge to the next guy and away from trump who would be a moderate. instead he came out entirely divisive, hasn't abandoned his divisiveness, and vowed to be transformative with progressives. worst president in modern history
I remember him talking about getting to the bottom of the Covid issue and taking scalps. I was pumped. Eff off Trump, get out of the way, let Biden handle the source. He knows why it existed, he used it to win, now let him stomp out the madness...he doesn't need it anymore.

I figured he was gonna step on China's balls...and mean it, and end the nonsense domestically.

Feckless **** instead IDK'd the lab leak, and started going after dudes like me that had proven antibodies, and didn't want to be a lab rat.

Heard on NPR today (short version): On the issue of who is a threat to democracy, Biden wins big, because Democrats and most independents agree with him. He also wins big because among people who are single-issue voters re: protecting democracy, he dominates Trump. It should be easy to see why he wants to keep playing that same song. It's a crowd favorite.

It just feels to me like most voters want more. Maybe we're fickle. Maybe we have a short attention span. But we already did Trump. The nation survived him once. Biden saved us from him once. Maybe the threat just doesn't seem that big anymore. Biden has a record now to run on. I just don't see this as a winning campaign:

He can always go to this playbook from the last campaign.

• Love
That is a brilliant post. Too bad the leftists here won't bother to read it. Or understand it, if they do read it.
It wouldn’t matter if they did read it. Primarily because their choice for president is predicated on anyone but trump, including a second term for a president who is completely asleep at the wheel and is losing his faculties.

That dream Biden was probably impossible. You guys on the right think he's been a puppet of the extreme progressives. The progressives think he's been a puppet of neoliberal capitalists. I think the landing zone in the middle ground between the two groups is so small as to be nonexistent.

That dream Biden was probably impossible. You guys on the right think he's been a puppet of the extreme progressives. The progressives think he's been a puppet of neoliberal capitalists. I think the landing zone in the middle ground between the two groups is so small as to be nonexistent.
No I think he took office as a fully co-opted far left progressive puppet that cemented his legacy as a god awful president. His people recognized his policies were a disaster so he began to pivot but by then lost the house and hasn’t really done much - thankfully.

Now he’s running on trump bad bc I suspect bidenomics is such a joke his people don’t really know what to do. He’s not talking about progressives bc they are insane but he needs their votes yet he can’t piss off normal people either. So today no one knows what he is other than old and not all there. The Dem party is a disaster - much like the Republican Party, in polar yet similar ways. Bc there are really 4 parties squeezed into two.

No I think he took office as a fully co-opted far left progressive puppet that cemented his legacy as a god awful president. His people recognized his policies were a disaster so he began to pivot but by then lost the house and hasn’t really done much - thankfully.

Now he’s running on trump bad bc I suspect bidenomics is such a joke his people don’t really know what to do. He’s not talking about progressives bc they are insane but he needs their votes yet he can’t piss off normal people either. So today no one knows what he is other than old and not all there. The Dem party is a disaster - much like the Republican Party, in polar yet similar ways. Bc there are really 4 parties squeezed into two.
You start with the word "No," but then immediately agree with me.

Whatever he actually is, what you think he is and what progressives think he is are two entirely separate things, and neither of you like him. That's why I say I don't think he really had a chance. I'm not sure anyone does, to be honest. I think anything short of a major defensive war won't be enough to bring our polity together again.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

Whatever he actually is, what you think he is and what progressives think he is are two entirely separate things, and neither of you like him. That's why I say I don't think he really had a chance. I'm not sure anyone does, to be honest. I think anything short of a major defensive war won't be enough to bring our polity together again.
Again no. I can tell you the policies and rhetoric he backed in year one. He was a far left progressive. It’s not perception it’s reality. As manchin notes. Then at the state of the union he began to pivot. Bc he doesn’t actually stand for anything it’s now impossible to know what he’ll do. Today. He just needs to be voted out.

Last edited:
Reactions: aajohn2000 and DANC

And that would only be temporary.

It is all about winning so even agreeing on policy doesn't matter because politicians think they can't allow the other party to get a win.

Just watch the immigration bill and it's likely death in the house. If voted on solely based on its merits, then it would stand a chance. However, it is much better to keep the dems from passing legislation and to be able to campaign on the scary open border and the hordes of illegal immigrants. Aka the problem existing is more beneficial politically than solving it (at least until a republican is in charge and can take credit)

Don’t worry, Joe issued an unprecedented amount of executive orders in his first 100 days & here we are, so we’ve already survived a “strongman regime”.
Yeah Joe went after everything... washing machines, riding mowers, gas stoves....

An end to corruption? To decency? Are you serious? If you really believe that, particularly the corruption part, there is really no point in having a discussion with you on this topic.
Seriously? Trump is indecency personified. He's undoubtedly corrupt as well - lying is one form of corruption and the man lies all the time. You must be brainwashed.

Last edited:
Yeah Joe went after everything... washing machines, riding mowers, gas stoves....

More hearings for gas stoves.

Must watch television right there.

Lastly, I think people underestimate the reason he won - to get Trump out vs being a really good candidate. Joe was never that good of a candidate. He isn’t that relatable, he was already old af (and white) as a lifetime Washingtonian (doesn’t go as well as it used to, even if you despise trump).
So true...He never was a good candidate and never will be but he's just a puppet for the people behind the scene.

We hit Aldi as soon as it opens. Get 75% of our groceries there. Then go to Meijer or Walmart for the rest. But yeah key to get in and out of those stores at the right time. Any grocery store can be like the 5th level of hell if you go at the wrong time.
I wish all grocery stores would to to the quarter in the cart so all the lazy people would return their cart.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT