ADVERTISEMENT

Walz first speech as VP pick

As much as I giggle about Bush getting bounced, I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't voice concern over outside money influencing a congressional election, any localized election actually. I
AIPAC money is really not any different than the "Soros money" we here about.

This is money that shouldn't be in play.
I wish I could give you a thousand Reaction Score bump.

If it's just coincidence, easy to prove.

If not, quit the "this was debunked years ago" BS.

The guy that picked up the baton when he Balz dropped it says no.
The problem with that argument is that you are relying upon an oral history of someone who claims to have remembered things from 2005. Well I'm demanding that JD Vance prove that he did not bang his couch over and over. i read it, ergo it must be true. If he can't prove that he did not bang his couch, then it must be true that he did bang his couch.

Why are all the Vetern groups coming out and supporting Walz on this issue? "Tim submitted his retirement request to the U.S. Army National Guard months prior to the notification of his unit's deployment," they explained. "His unit was fully sourced (staffed), and his request was approved. He retired in May 2005."

"A National Guard article on his unit’s deployment states that it received alert orders to deploy to Iraq in July 2005, two months after Walz retired. The unit first mobilized in the fall of 2005 to Camp Shelby Mississippi to prepare for deployment, according to the unit’s history, and then deployed in March 2006 for 22 months, which the Guard said was the longest continuous deployment of any military unit during US operations in Iraq."

Hyperlinked to the article are the source documents

It still isn't good enough. "He shoulda stayed and fought no matter what"; "He was a coward" and on and on.

Last edited:
As much as I giggle about Bush getting bounced, I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't voice concern over outside money influencing a congressional election, any localized election actually.
AIPAC money is really not any different than the "Soros money" we hear about.

This is money that shouldn't be in play.

Edit for horrible grammar
No tears over her leaving, but foreign money and influence interferring or meddling in elections--regardless of side, ought to be a major no no. Have to be careful the end doesn't justify the means.

I wish I could give you a thousand Reaction Score bump.
Completely off topic-

I'm at my FiL house. Got in yesterday and a little sleep deprived. I'm past due for a hair cut and beard trim, because I like his barber and wanted to wait and go to him. I go get the cut and pass on the beard trim, cause "I can do it myself".

I'm trimming my beard and his demon cat runs in, pounces on my leg, claws and teeth doing work, and I flinch totally ****ing up and putting a bald spot on my chin. Currently rocking a mustache like our 90s, new balanced, jort wearing, grill dad.

Completely off topic-

I'm at my FiL house. Got in yesterday and a little sleep deprived. I'm past due for a hair cut and beard trim, because I like his barber and wanted to wait and go to him. I go get the cut and pass on the beard trim, cause "I can do it myself".

I'm trimming my beard and his demon cat runs in, pounces on my leg, claws and teeth doing work, and I flinch totally ****ing up and putting a bald spot on my chin. Currently rocking a mustache like our 90s, new balanced, jort wearing, grill dad.
Can’t. Stop. Laughing.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Completely off topic-

The stache is back bro. It's ris and mid. Or some other weird shit my kid said.

I just read that he submitted his military retirement papers in February of 2005, submitted paperwork to run for Congress that same month, officially retired from the military in May 2005, then his unit was called up in July of 2005.

If that timeline is correct then a lot of people owe him an apology. And no wonder he doesn't justify their bullshit with a response.
You realize there are months of advance notice before deployment, right?

You think orders are given and everyone just packs up and goes? lmao

Go watch another war movie.

The problem with that argument is that you are relying upon an oral history of someone who claims to have remembered things from 2005. Well I'm demanding that JD Vance prove that he did not bang his couch over and over. i read it, ergo it must be true. If he can't prove that he did not bang his couch, then it must be true that he did bang his couch.

Why are all the Vetern groups coming out and supporting Walz on this issue? "Tim submitted his retirement request to the U.S. Army National Guard months prior to the notification of his unit's deployment," they explained. "His unit was fully sourced (staffed), and his request was approved. He retired in May 2005."

"A National Guard article on his unit’s deployment states that it received alert orders to deploy to Iraq in July 2005, two months after Walz retired. The unit first mobilized in the fall of 2005 to Camp Shelby Mississippi to prepare for deployment, according to the unit’s history, and then deployed in March 2006 for 22 months, which the Guard said was the longest continuous deployment of any military unit during US operations in Iraq."

It still isn't good enough. "He shoulda stayed and fought no matter what"; "He was a coward" and on and on.
I'm demanding that Walz prove he did not have sex with a traffic cone over and over. I read it so it must be true. If he can't prove he didn't bang a traffic cone, then it must be true that he did bang a traffic cone.

Last edited:

Honesty is not one of your attributes.

I can guarantee you that, as acting Command Sergeant Major, Walz knew well in advance of the initial notice that his unit was being sent to Iraq. Guaranteed.

• Haha
Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

Right they got the orders in July and left in the fall. I believe the article says that. Or I read it in another.

Right they got the orders in July and left in the fall. I believe the article says that. Or I read it in another.
That's what was in the article, yes.

What wasn't in the article is when Walz knew the order was coming. And I'm saying that, as Acting CSM, Walz knew well before his retirement when the order was coming down.

These movements are planned months, and probably, years, in advance. They have to do that for manpower, training, and requisitions, and a million other details to move a unit from the US to an active war zone. As Acting CSM, Walz had to be in on the advance planning.

• Haha
I had heard that Walz retired in May aand the unit was deployed in Sept. That would fit your July//Sept timeline...

The man has been in Minnesota politics for nearly 2 decades, inluding 12 yrs of being in the House from a Red district. Are some people really stupid enough to think this hasn't been brought up at numerous points before?

Reactions: mrhighlife
Minnesota's population is very healthy and active relative to its neighbors, which I find interesting. The best comparison is Colorado - similar lifestyle and dynamics with different topography. Minnesota is very blue, carried by Minneapolis and St. Paul (used to be Iron Range b/c of unions, but that is probably shifting some with Trump's appeal to union workers), but it gets red quickly (30 mins into the suburbs in any direction).

Lots of hiking, camping, boating and water activities, hunting, fishing. Summers are among the best in the country. Winters are among the worst.

One thing is for sure... they aren't doing those quality of life studies in February!
No, but quality of life isn't necessarily about weather unless it's debilitating. I have a friend who lived in Fargo for five years and who now lives in North Carolina. Without question, he likes the weather in NC better, more fitting what he likes to do, but he didn't mind living in Fargo.

Fargo was built for cold weather, and while I don't know how extensive their network of connected buildings was when he lived there, but he said he could easily get everything he needed to get done without having to go outside.

I was in Toronto for five days in June, 1986. I was permitted to travel on my own in the city using the train system. Back then you could walk much of downtown without having to go outside, and from there it was easy to take the train to other parts of the city, which for me, a teenager in the 80's, was finding their best mall.

I can guarantee you that, as acting Command Sergeant Major, Walz knew well in advance of the initial notice that his unit was being sent to Iraq. Guaranteed.
You guarantee that? You are totally full of crap. You’ve never been in that kind of leadership position. You’re pulling this straight from your bunghole.

Reactions: UncleMark

What wasn't in the article is when Walz knew the order was coming. And I'm saying that, as Acting CSM, Walz knew well before his retirement when the order was coming down.

These movements are planned months, and probably, years, in advance. They have to do that for manpower, training, and requisitions, and a million other details to move a unit from the US to an active war zone. As Acting CSM, Walz had to be in on the advance planning.
There is several people from his unit saying they didn't know. They were told that their was a possibility about a month or two after he already submitted his paperwork. Rumors as one guy put it. Walz was already headed out the door. Retired in May. Deployment orders in July. Deployment in September.

This and the Harris Indian/Black line of attack is going to lose Trump this election.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66

There's basically zero chance he hadn't made his decision to retire and enter politics well before the February date that he started the formal filings for retirement. Because that's not how it works.

Whether he knew about the deployment or not when he started thinking about and discussing retirement, or then at any point before his retirement was official...might be impossible to ever know that.

The possibility that he's the type of person that had he known about the deployment before being officially retired, that he'd have stayed in and pushed back his retirement, for the sole reason of wanting to be with his unit... That's equally as plausible as him knowingly ducking out because he didn't want to get deployed. I would say probably more plausible for a man that had committed as many years of service as he already had. Nearly ALL people, that I know, that were in the National Guard actively for that long...they carry the "band of brothers" feelings and attitudes pretty strongly with them.

Having said all this...its not to say that knowing whether he ducked or dodged deployment wouldn't be important information. But then, if its important enough to turn someone off on him...what does that person do with the Trump "bone spur" information?

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
There's basically zero chance he hadn't made his decision to retire and enter politics well before the February date that he started the formal filings for retirement. Because that's not how it works.

Whether he knew about the deployment or not when he started thinking about and discussing retirement, or then at any point before his retirement was official...might be impossible to ever know that.

The possibility that he's the type of person that had he known about the deployment before being officially retired, that he'd have stayed in and pushed back his retirement, for the sole reason of wanting to be with his unit... That's equally as plausible as him knowingly ducking out because he didn't want to get deployed. I would say probably more plausible for a man that had committed as many years of service as he already had. Nearly ALL people, that I know, that were in the National Guard actively for that long...they carry the "band of brothers" feelings and attitudes pretty strongly with them.

Having said all this...its not to say that knowing whether he ducked or dodged deployment wouldn't be important information. But then, if its important enough to turn someone off on him...what does that person do with the Trump "bone spur" information?
DANC “knows” things he doesn’t really know. His stated opinions are his “facts” and no hard evidence to the contrary will ever change his “facts.” It’s how he rolls. His conviction is fascinating and disturbing at the same time.

You know that’s all we needed. No fancy SKLZ Goals. Two traffic cones and a board on top. The perfect small sided goal
Exactly right. We played ditch football as kids. Two on two playing in ditch--one blocker one runner Touchdowns were the driveways on each end of the ditch. Tackle only within maybe a 6-8 foot area that included the ditch. Grass on the left, street on right. Greatest game ever. Also very likely the root cause for constant twitching, shrieking, burn scar from being tackled on the street and of course terrible knees. Dads thought it was the greatest game ever. Moms had antiseptic out on the counter for us when we got back home. Wouldn't change a thing.

DANC “knows” things he doesn’t really know. His stated opinions are his “facts” and no hard evidence to the contrary will ever change his “facts.” It’s how he rolls. His conviction is fascinating and disturbing at the same time.
I posted this in the wrong thread because I got confused. But I think this fact check kind of points out how ridiculous Vance (and his surrogates on this board's) false claims are...

I posted this in the wrong thread because I got confused. But I think this fact check kind of points out how ridiculous Vance (and his surrogates on this board's) false claims are...

It's really bad form for a vet to dishonor another vet. Then again, Vance is running with a person he once referred to as "America's Hitler" and "cultural heroin." His ambition overrides decency and integrity.

And he's socially awkward, and a really odd duck.

Reporter in Wisconsin: Why would someone want to have a beer with you?
Vance: Because I really like to drink beer.

Finally, what's with the eyeliner? Are he and the boss sharing make-up?

There is several people from his unit saying they didn't know. They were told that their was a possibility about a month or two after he already submitted his paperwork. Rumors as one guy put it. Walz was already headed out the door. Retired in May. Deployment orders in July. Deployment in September.

This and the Harris Indian/Black line of attack is going to lose Trump this election.
Read my post again. He was an Acting CSM - they are in on the planning well in advance of when the rest of the unit knows.

The more the public finds out about this phony, Trump's chances improve.

• Haha
Reactions: Bowlmania

And, as I pointed out in your same post on another thread, this piece does nothing to refute the charges. In fact, they say it's 'unclear' when Walz first decided to file for retirement.

As Acting CSM, he knew about the deployment well before he filed for retirement.

You can believe what you want to believe, but these unit movements are planned many months in advance. There's 100% chance, as Acting CSM, who interacts daily with Battalion commanders, that he knew about the deployment well before Feb.

I have no clue about the "when did he retire vs when he would know about a deployment" arguments, but the guy appears to be lying about his retirement rank. This isn't the first time he's been called out on his claim to have retired as a CSM. Why claim something that is so easily proven otherwise?

The Minnesota National Guard confirmed Wednesday that Gov. Tim Walz, Kamala Harris' vice presidential running mate, was demoted and did not retire as a command sergeant major like he has claimed for years, including on his official gubernatorial biography.

While Walz temporarily held the title of command sergeant major he "retired as a master sergeant in 2005 for benefit purposes because he did not complete additional coursework at the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy," Army Lt. Col. Kristen Augé, the Minnesota National Guard’s State Public Affairs Officer, told Just the News.

"He retired as a master sergeant in 2005 for benefit purposes because he did not complete additional coursework at the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy," she added.

According to Army Regulation 600-8-19, a solider who does not complete the requisite coursework results is automatically demoted.

You can believe what you want to believe, but these unit movements are planned many months in advance. There's 100% chance, as Acting CSM, who interacts daily with Battalion commanders, that he knew about the deployment well before Feb.
There’s 100% chance you don’t have a clue what leadership at that level knows or when they know it. Anyone here that takes your posts seriously on this is wrong to do it.

Reactions: UncleMark
Exactly right. We played ditch football as kids. Two on two playing in ditch--one blocker one runner Touchdowns were the driveways on each end of the ditch. Tackle only within maybe a 6-8 foot area that included the ditch. Grass on the left, street on right. Greatest game ever. Also very likely the root cause for constant twitching, shrieking, burn scar from being tackled on the street and of course terrible knees. Dads thought it was the greatest game ever. Moms had antiseptic out on the counter for us when we got back home. Wouldn't change a thing.

Street hockey was what was hot around our block when we were kids.

Reactions: Mark Milton
If Trump/Vance can keep to the script for the next 3 months, there's a very, very compelling argument to be made against the Harris/Walz ticket...for anyone that's not pretty entrenched as a very left progressive.

Hammer them for 3 months on their far left record. Use your nicknames if you want. Get nasty on immigration and economy stuff. Scratch your itches to be assholes with that kind of stuff. But in the end, Trump is, to his core, a narcissistic, equal opportunity asshole. So he'll continue to poke and prod at her race, her gender, all the things that satisfy his urges. And it could end up costing him the White House, again. Hopefully if that happens, enough GOP people will wake up and realize what a shit human he is, and move on from him.
An awful big “if”! Trump should win, but can he? He’s a terrible candidate, always has been.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT