ADVERTISEMENT

Harris/Walz interview

The problem is I won’t vote for Reagan bush Cheney McCain Romney etc and neither will many others who support trump. I’ll vote trump over all of them. I’ll vote centrist Dem over them. So we have a problem.
What do you think the major policy differences are which would prevent you from voting for them?

Oddly enough, Liz Cheney and Sin zinger totally agree with this.
When MIC and Boys needing tampons, form a political party. Alohacraticpublicans.
Ok, I’m in, but I need a flag and flag doctrine.
Aloha, GIVE US A FLAG!!! And rules to fly it of course. You are now the leader. What is our flag?
We fly the US flag - right side up.

So basically, the Republican Party can't win then.
The GOP will eventually fully embrace Bitcoin and win bigly. The era of big government will become a barbaric relic of the past. Put on your dancing shoes (Trump sneakers) and take Mrs. Reardon out on the town. The future is bright for the GOP.

We need a bridge builder! Someone who will take up the anti-deep state mantle and continue keep the war boners of the party in their pants

But also someone who will return some fiscal sanity to the GOP and can not alienate those with fragile sensibilities.

Someone who can appeal to the working class and be a cultural warrior. But doesn’t fill people’s heads with fairy tales of manufacturing returning and Unions being a universal good.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Remember 04 is the last time. Obama beat McCain and Romney. That part of the Republican Party can’t win.
Harris isn't even in Obama's stratosphere. You could have gotten a time machine and brought Reagan from 1982 forward to run and Obama still would have won. He's the most polished politician we've had in decades.

There's a reason that Harris's approval rating is garbage. Get a reasonable alternative up there and the election wins will follow.

Reactions: UncleMark
We fly the US flag - right side up.
No that can’t be. That flag stands for something totally diffferent than the intent of the Rinos and the left and the never trumpers no matter how bad it wreks things.
Your group can’t use the American flag. You all hate everything that built the strength of that flag.
Maybe one that has a pink hat on it?
A rainbow? How about a beaver? Or better yet, a white flag, embroidered on a rainbow flag.
That screams, we give up, all hale Czar Pelosi.

No that can’t be. That flag stands for something totally diffferent than the intent of the Rinos and the left and the never trumpers no matter how bad it wreks things.
Your group can’t use the American flag. You all hate everything that built the strength of that flag.
A rainbow? How about a beaver? Or better yet, a white flag, embroidered on a rainbow flag.
That’s some seriously stupid stuff there. I mean super stupid.

My flag is the US flag. It’s at the top of my flagpole every day. You pansy MAGAs disrespect it by flying it upside down and through your disrespect toward the military which protect the flag and all it stands for.

Also Joe, stick your flagless pole straight up your bunghole.

Reactions: baileyiu
giphy.webp

At the end of the day, we are all Americans, whether you like it or not. As long as you hold onto this attitude, you wont win elections. Adapt or fade away, the choice is yours.

So basically, the Republican Party can't win then.
Let’s wait until they debate before passing final judgement. Harris is still a relative unknown. The more we listen to her nonsensical speech pattern, punctuated by inappropriate fits of cackle, the better Republican chances. Trump is a gifted speaker with quirky phrasing. Harris is not, given her limited experience when questioned in front of a microphone underneath the bright lights of inherited stardom.

I drove through Btown today and the eye candy has returned and looks as sweet as I remember it. Lots of long legged coeds in spandex short-shorts. My peripheral vision has improved over the years with my wife riding shotgun. She throws a fit if she catches me crotch-watching. Sometimes I can’t help myself, it’s just that good!

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Let’s wait until they debate before passing final judgement. Harris is still a relative unknown. The more we listen to her nonsensical speech pattern, punctuated by inappropriate fits of cackle, the better Republican chances. Trump is a gifted speaker with quirky phrasing. Harris is not, given her limited experience when questioned in front of a microphone underneath the bright lights of inherited stardom.

I drove through Btown today and the eye candy has returned and looks as sweet as I remember it. Lots of long legged coeds in spandex short-shorts. My peripheral vision has improved over the years with my wife riding shotgun. She throws a fit if she catches me crotch-watching. Sometimes I can’t help myself, it’s just that good!

Trump is a gifted speaker? Maybe in 1995. Harris is a lightweight who can’t string three sentences together without sounding like a moron, but she still speaks better than Trump. The debate, if it happens, will demonstrate that.

And if by some chance he wins in November, the Republican party still loses by virtue of having this guy as their face.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I won't vote for Trump, and I didn't vote for him in '16 or '20. Of course I won't vote for Harris either.

But you want another piece of anecdotal evidence? My mother, who is 92 years old, has voted for the Republican candidate in every election in forever. Local, State, Federal...straight R. She's not voting for Trump this year. It will mark the first time she's not voted for the Republican nominee in what...70 years? If you guys have lost my mother, you've lost a lot more than her. You're just too stubborn to see it.

Just like Donald Trump.
I had a caddie at The Greenbrier whose family were hardcore union Dems for generations. He lost his gig in the coal business after 2020, and now caddies, at 40-something.

His family are all in on Trump/the right.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
That’s some seriously stupid stuff there. I mean super stupid.

My flag is the US flag. It’s at the top of my flagpole every day. You pansy MAGAs disrespect it by flying it upside down and through your disrespect toward the military which protect the flag and all it stands for.

Also Joe, stick your flagless pole straight up your bunghole.
Well at least you admit that my pole will reach my bunghole.

What you are doing politically, standing behind the American flag, while shitting on everything that built it is an insult to your profession and those who came before you. The wolf is at the door and your are providing it shelter. Whether you understand that or not, you are. Get on board, the dem overthrow has to be stopped at all cost. They already have a foot hold inside our great history of growth and accomplishments! They will tear it all down, if you keep helping them.

Trump is a gifted speaker? Maybe in 1995. Harris is a lightweight who can’t string three sentences together without sounding like a moron, but she still speaks better than Trump. The debate, if it happens, will demonstrate that.

And if by some chance he wins in November, the Republican party still loses by virtue of having this guy as their face.
Trump speaks off the cuff. I thought Harris was weak in her delivery, what little we were allowed to see, not edited out.

I’m sorry, I realize looks aren’t everything, but Walz comes across as a disheveled bozo. The second I first laid eyes on him, I knew he was good for the Republican ticket. He doesn’t pass the eye test.

Caricature artists love Donald Trump, not so much Harris. It’s what comes out of her mouth that makes her unique. If she happens to win, between the duties of being POTUS and menopause, look for her to age 20 years in four, if not more and her ass to fatten. I’m not sure women have the stamina for this job. Of course, neither did her predecessor, “Sleepy” Joe B.

Well at least you admit that my pole will reach my bunghole.

What you are doing politically, standing behind the American flag, while shitting on everything that built it is an insult to your profession and those who came before you. The wolf is at the door and your are providing it shelter. Whether you understand that or not, you are. Get on board, the dem overthrow has to be stopped at all cost. They already have a foot hold inside our great history of growth and accomplishments! They will tear it all down, if you keep helping them.
Well, I’m not doing that. Not at all. That’s just dumb. One of the many flaws of MAGA culture is the idea that our political opponents are enemies rather than fellow Americans with differing ideas about how to improve America. They’re not foreign invaders, they’re Americans. They’re friends. They’re family. Get a grip.

What makes you think you’re defending America? How is MAGA doing it?

Well, I’m not doing that. Not at all. That’s just dumb. One of the many flaws of MAGA culture is the idea that our political opponents are enemies rather than fellow Americans with differing ideas about how to improve America. They’re not foreign invaders, they’re Americans. They’re friends. They’re family. Get a grip.
Liberal Democrats in my area are some of the most hateful, close minded people I know and they all stick together like sh*t dried between two shingles. IU’s Bloomington still has more mask wearers per capita than anywhere else in the state.

Liberal Democrats in my area are some of the most hateful, close minded people I know and they all stick together like sh*t dried between two shingles. IU’s Bloomington still has more mask wearers per capita than anywhere else in the state.
I’m sure some are. We have a ton of hateful, close minded MAGAs too. Good example is this mask thing. I’m not wearing a mask but if someone wants to wear one because he/she doesn’t want to spread his or her cold or flu, good on them. If they wear them because they’re immuno-compromised why would we care? Hell, if they want to wear a mask to cut down on the pollen they breath because they have allergies, more power to them. Right? It would be assholish for us to be offended by someone else wearing a mask. It would be hateful and close minded. That’s not me. Is it you?

Reactions: baileyiu
I’m sure some are. We have a ton of hateful, close minded MAGAs too. Good example is this mask thing. I’m not wearing a mask but if someone wants to wear one because he/she doesn’t want to spread his or her cold or flu, good on them. If they wear them because they’re immuno-compromised why would we care? Hell, if they want to wear a mask to cut down on the pollen they breath because they have allergies, more power to them. Right? It would be assholish for us to be offended by someone else wearing a mask. It would be hateful and close minded. That’s not me. Is it you?
I have an experiment for you Aloha to find out who the biggest assholes are in Ohio. Wear a mask in MAGA country and report back. When you’re done wear a MAGA hat in liberal country. Report back with the findings.

Last edited:

What makes you think you’re defending America? How is MAGA doing it?
If Harris refuses to go before a group of diverse reporters and enunciate what her policies are before the election, you believe she’s fit to be President?

Word. Some things transcend politics.

I couldn’t care less whether someone wears a mask or anything else. Just don’t try to shame me into following.

If Harris refuses to go before a group of diverse reporters and enunciate what her policies are before the election, you believe she’s fit to be President?

If that's your measure of fitness, it's pretty lame. How does that stack up with fomenting a riotous assault on the Capitol?

If that's your measure of fitness, it's pretty lame. How does that stack up with fomenting a riotous assault on the Capitol?
Do we have a right to know what her policies are?

Have we reached the point that media chooses our President?

Edit: if she’s not competent to tell us her policies, she shouldn’t be President.

Do we have a right to know what her policies are?

Have we reached the point that media chooses our President?

I just find it interesting that you think her lack of campaigning the way you think she should is disqualifying, while her opponent's attempt to overturn the election is not.

I won't disagree, but in my daily travels across campus, they're few and far between. The ones I see wearing Spandex wear it well, and they know it.
My wife has great body. She thinks it’s indecent to wear spandex in public.

• Haha
Reactions: Circlejoe
I just find it interesting that you think her lack of campaigning the way you think she should is disqualifying, while her opponent's attempt to overturn the election is not.
I don’t care how she campaigns. I just think before we vote we should have a clear picture what her major policies will be and if they’re different than past policies, why the change.

Is that really asking too much?

I have an experiment for you Aloha to find out who the biggest assholes are in Ohio. Wear a mask in MAGA country and report back. When you’re done wear a MAGA hat in liberal country. Report back with the findings.
It's you're experiment. Go ahead.

I flew the "Appeal to Heaven" flag for a few days - nothing.

That doesn't make her unfit. However, none of that will be a mystery before election day. Most aren't a mystery now and she has at least one debate with Trump. I'm not voting for her; I'm not voting for Trump. Trump will almost certainly win Ohio.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT