ADVERTISEMENT

Harris/Walz interview

I’m sure some are. We have a ton of hateful, close minded MAGAs too. Good example is this mask thing. I’m not wearing a mask but if someone wants to wear one because he/she doesn’t want to spread his or her cold or flu, good on them. If they wear them because they’re immuno-compromised why would we care? Hell, if they want to wear a mask to cut down on the pollen they breath because they have allergies, more power to them. Right? It would be assholish for us to be offended by someone else wearing a mask. It would be hateful and close minded. That’s not me. Is it you?
If people are wearing them for those other reasons, as you suggest, I would think the mask wearers would be more evenly distributed in location. Maybe there’s a cold epidemic going around in Bloomington and not in Columbus. Maybe more people have allergies in Monroe Co because of huge ragweed fields to the southwest of Bloomington. Perhaps more people in Bloomington are immuno-compromised because they swam in PCB contaminated quarries while in school. Maybe they just wear masks because it’s the Democratic thing to do.

• Love
Reactions: ulrey and stollcpa
If people are wearing them for those other reasons, as you suggest, I would think the mask wearers would be more evenly distributed in location. Maybe there’s a cold epidemic going around in Bloomington and not in Columbus. Maybe more people have allergies in Monroe Co because of huge ragweed fields to the southwest of Bloomington. Perhaps more people in Bloomington are immuno-compromised because they swam in PCB contaminated quarries while in school. Maybe they just wear masks because it’s the Democratic thing to do.
So, you're going to be an asshole to them because they might be Democrats? Are you an asshole to all Democrats? Why don't you do like most Republicans and other civil people and let them do whatever the hell they want to do? They're not harming you, are they?

Anecdotally, for many who would otherwise vote Pub, J6 is the deal breaker.

I can grudgingly respect people who voted for him in 16 and 20, but dismissing J6 is beyond my ability to accept.
So Tulsi Gabbard is an insurrectionists now? Should her honorable discharge be rescinded? Should she be ostracized and hated?

Well, I’m not doing that. Not at all. That’s just dumb. One of the many flaws of MAGA culture is the idea that our political opponents are enemies rather than fellow Americans with differing ideas about how to improve America. They’re not foreign invaders, they’re Americans. They’re friends. They’re family. Get a grip.

What makes you think you’re defending America? How is MAGA doing it?
Sadly, with all that it seems that you have given for our country, you are blinded to the policies that they are bringing, and the trickery being used to bring them forward. You seem to be so focused on Donny that you can't see that you are standing on the train tracks, actually directing traffic.
None of the big picture issues, are our little ole democrat lady next door. You know it and you know that we know it. Your sympathizing of "opponents" is message board mischievousness, at best. For you to use that Progressive tactic is... unflattering to your reputation. Just look at the policy and strategy to slow roll those Marxist policies (pardon if Marxist isn't the proper category, I learned to weld young, not understand the history of peoples definitions of different types of Extreme democrats).

Sadly, with all that it seems that you have given for our country, you are blinded to the policies that they are bringing, and the trickery being used to bring them forward. You seem to be so focused on Donny that you can't see that you are standing on the train tracks, actually directing traffic.
None of the big picture issues, are our little ole democrat lady next door. You know it and you know that we know it. Your sympathizing of "opponents" is message board mischievousness, at best. For you to use that Progressive tactic is... unflattering to your reputation. Just look at the policy and strategy to slow roll those Marxist policies (pardon if Marxist isn't the proper category, I learned to weld young, not understand the history of peoples definitions of different types of Extreme democrats).
WTH are you going on about? These people aren’t our enemies. They can be wrong. They can be mistaken. They may need to deal with GOP policies they don’t like, but they are fellow Americans.

You’re a MAGA extremist.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Do we have a right to know what her policies are?

Have we reached the point that media chooses our President?

Edit: if she’s not competent to tell us her policies, she shouldn’t be President.
Trump isn’t competent - he is on changing his position on a daily basis. By the debate he won’t have a position. Harris has him so worried about losing to a woman (a black woman) that he is taking a new position on almost everything.

WTH are you going on abiut. These people aren’t our enemies. They can be wrong. They can be mistaken. They may need to deal with GOP policies they don’t like, but they are fellow Americans.

You’re a MAGA extremist.
In your words. That is a disingenuous post. As it relates to what I specifically said to the contrary, and I will not oblige your progressive tactics. Yes, Progressive Tactics.

So Tulsi Gabbard is an insurrectionists now? Should her honorable discharge be rescinded? Should she be ostracized and hated?
Tulsi wasn’t rioting and trying to interfere with the certification of the election. Why would she be an insurrectionist? Maybe I missed something.

Care to give some specifics? Seems a bit far fetched, sine only one dies for that, and she wasn't that old.
He asked me if I wanted to go to Washington when we were watching Indiana lose a Bowl game. I told him I wouldn't go because there was going to be trouble. It has evolved over the years. He says I am brain washed. you see I don't watch Fox news and read the Epoch times.

I'm fairly certain on the disc golf course.

You should check there.
Disc golf is apolitical. Except for the trans thing. Google Natalie Ryan.

I’m happy to report, liberals are assholes. Some guy named @larsIU popped out of the woods like a ninja, drinking a peach High Noon. He started beating me with a frisbee. It was horrible. He called me a MAGA FAGA and pissed on my hat. WHAT.A.DICK.
Well you shoulda let me play through mother****er. I ain’t got time for noobs.

You are a sick MFer. Brain washed. Explain Trump at Arlington.
I'd love to explain, you sick MF'er.
I am 1/2 way ( that means half Way) through Top gun (again; the original). That little cotten top blonde showed up.
Gotta focus my attention elsewhere. See ya later.

I watched it in real time, Game film. The transition of power after an election is our greatest strength. My respect for you is diminished. I lost my oldest friend over this issue. You guys support people who attacked the halls of Congress. Your excuses are lame. But, but they let them in. Bullshit
I respect your opinion but feel differently.

I don’t support anyone that rampaged through the halls of congress. I don’t believe two dumbass old women from Green County Indiana who couldn’t hurt a flee needed to go to prison and be reeducated.

I just don’t believe our government was in jeopardy of being overthrown that day.

Burning police stations and burning and looting businesses around the country during the “summer of love” was just as serious as the J6 protesters who turned to rioters. The current democrat who wants to be president supported a fund to free those anarchists.

So, you're going to be an asshole to them because they might be Democrats? Are you an asshole to all Democrats? Why don't you do like most Republicans and other civil people and let them do whatever the hell they want to do? They're not harming you, are they?
I do let them do whatever it is they want to do. I’m not accosting the mask wearers, ripping their masks off and running away. I don’t even give them a second look, let alone snicker in their presence like a real asshole might. I just stated a lot of Bloomingtonians are still wearing masks, unlike most other places. Why? We’ve already had that discussion.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Anecdotally, for many who would otherwise vote Pub, J6 is the deal breaker.

I can grudgingly respect people who voted for him in 16 and 20, but dismissing J6 is beyond my ability to accept.
After J6 he's lucky the Secret Service doesn't take that whole "enemies foreign and domestic" thing very seriously.

Tulsi wasn’t rioting and trying to interfere with the certification of the election. Why would she be an insurrectionist? Maybe I missed something.
She’s actively supporting Trump the unfit former prime president and insurrectionist.

Oddly enough, Liz Cheney and Sin zinger totally agree with this.
When MIC and Boys needing tampons, form a political party. Alohacraticpublicans.
Ok, I’m in, but I need a flag and flag doctrine.
Aloha, GIVE US A FLAG!!! And rules to fly it of course. You are now the leader. What is our flag?
This is more sad than funny...

Well at least you admit that my pole will reach my bunghole.

What you are doing politically, standing behind the American flag, while shitting on everything that built it is an insult to your profession and those who came before you. The wolf is at the door and your are providing it shelter. Whether you understand that or not, you are. Get on board, the dem overthrow has to be stopped at all cost. They already have a foot hold inside our great history of growth and accomplishments! They will tear it all down, if you keep helping them.
You wasted your time and effort on this.

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I respect your opinion but feel differently.

I don’t support anyone that rampaged through the halls of congress. I don’t believe two dumbass old women from Green County Indiana who couldn’t hurt a flee needed to go to prison and be reeducated.

I just don’t believe our government was in jeopardy of being overthrown that day.

Burning police stations and burning and looting businesses around the country during the “summer of love” was just as serious as the J6 protesters who turned to rioters. The current democrat who wants to be president supported a fund to free those anarchists.

I just ask for consistency in attitude and consistency in grievance.

What Trump has brought to light for me is the inconsistency of attitude and grievance.

Meaning I grew up hearing about how strongly a group was for law and order and accountability. Terms like 'do the crime and you'll do the time'.

Trump has taken that spoken and proud stance and tore it at the seams.

I guess I prefer to understand legitimate explanations for moving off of my experience with the right wing beliefs.

The only way I can half assed make sense is Trump is so adored that it's that emotion that motivated many on the right than the so called stance that I've lived through.

For libs and protesting we've always been supportive of protesting grievance as long as it's non violent. However in the violent protests we've understood why that is the case.

For Floyd it's from a community that was first basically seen as barn yard animals, then subjected to mass prison labor by an organization of what became the police force that you expect this community to respect and bow to, then it was multiple brutality that happens in average every 20 some years. From the 1919 swimming riot in Chicago, to the Watt's riot in the 60's, to the Rodney King riot in the 90's to yeah, the Floyd riots in 20.

Guess what, if we don't figure out an effective remedy between the black community and police relationship, odds are we'll likely have another bad riot when a cop is caught brutalizing another black dude.

As far as the Jan 6th, now if you had legit proof of it being stolen along with historically known of having your vote diminished from cheating....than at least you have a back story that aligns with the Jan 6 riot.

But you don't other than Trump has always claimed he was cheated when he loses, which is what he predictably did again in 20 and still does today. It was a riot based on a narcissist's defense mechanism and narrative.

We all watched it as it happened after witnessing some of the most vile and disgusting messaging by other right wing thought leaders that the Jan 6 riot was not a surprise to many, just like violence will not be a surprise if he is declared the loser again.

But my point is it seems many in Maga either believe in a code or they only believe in a code when judging others.

That's real bullshit IMO.

For Floyd it's from a community that was first basically seen as barn yard animals, then subjected to mass prison labor by an organization of what became the police force that you expect this community to respect and bow to, then it was multiple brutality that happens in average every 20 some years. From the 1919 swimming riot in Chicago, to the Watt's riot in the 60's, to the Rodney King riot in the 90's to yeah, the Floyd riots in 20.

Ridiculous. The idea of constables or a police force is at least as old as Augustus Caesar. There would be police forces with or without the North American slave trade. Are you saying black Americans can’t grasp that fact?

Whatever tenuous relationship there may be between southern slave patrols forming a couple of the first police forces in the south has no bearing on today. And assuredly no bearing on Rodney King in NYC, Watts riots in LA, Floyd in Minnesota,

When most major urban police forces are majority minority it gives the lie trying to trying to make this a racial phenomenon And people that actually think in the year 2024 there is any serious issue to be remedied between police forces and black Americans are not living in reality.

To the extent there is an issue it’s that blacks commit too much crime and have the misperception that they are somehow subject to discriminatory police practices.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Whatever tenuous relationship there may be between southern slave patrols forming a couple of the first police forces in the south has no bearing on today. And assuredly no bearing on Rodney King in NYC, Watts riots in LA, Floyd in Minnesota,

with a straight face you are really going to tell us that policing was the same for blacks and whites between the end of slavery and, if you want to be generous, the 1960s?

man, some of you guys really want to rewrite history to defend your current politics, though I admire your simplicity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT