ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Party

With the benefit of hindsight, it's really funny to go back and look at the VP debate thread.

Harris was as vapid in the debate as we've come to expect from her and the vast majority of board lefties were still all in on defending her.

Shows us how for many, especially the leftists, the knee jerk reaction is to retreat to their partisan corner. With the benefit of time they've been forced to admit Harris is any empty suit, but at the time, we were in the middle of an election, and such an admission would be unthinkable when the alternative is Trump/ Pence.

You are simply an irrational or dishonest person person if you think Harris outperformed Pence in that debate.

You truly have to be deaf, dumb, and blind to believe Trump has an altruistic bone in his body.
A lot of people have tagged this sort of stuff on to Trump ever since he started in with his birther theories and launched his political career.

It always struck me that Trump started his political career, essentially, with those whacked out claims about where Obama was born. Man, there are enough people in this country, a country I dearly love, that are that racist, phobic, whatever it is, to latch on to something like that?! Then he talked about Hispanic murderers and rapists, and he was off to the racist...I mean races.

Taking one for the team...its so ridiculous.

He sure has exposed a lot of peoples true colors though, that I will agree with.

Possibly. But I think many people underestimate how many Trump supporters there still are.

As I posted earlier, if Desants runs against Trump, it's political suicide for both. Desantis can't win without Trump supporter votes and I doubt Trump could win if beating Desantis in the primary pisses off Desantis' supporters.

Best to let Trump be Trump and come what may in '24. Desantis can be the savior in '28, no matter who wins in '24.
Why would Republicans want to give up on the 2024 election by nominating Trump and have him lose again? Primary voters can be dumb, but I hope they aren’t that dumb.

Reactions: twenty02
A thought just hit me...maybe its been discussed here already?

What are the logistical, political, hurdles for this potential course of events?...

-Trump announces for 2024...already happened
-DeSantis announces for 2024...some point here fairly soon
-Republican infighting/Civil War, ending with it very apparent DeSantis will carry the nomination
-Trump will never admit a loss, so instead, he backs out and forms his own Party and runs unaffiliated

I would think this would ensure the Democratic candidate would win in 2024...but what about the long term effect to our entire system? Could he form an actual party? How long could it survive? Would it die without Trump?

I think we're in for some very, very interesting times in the next couple years. And at the risk of sounding very dramatic, I think our entire current political system, as we've known it since our country's founding, is in very serious peril.

Extra credit question...if this is in any way a real possibility, what are the odds all the Republican decision makers get together, and decide again that clinging to Trump is the party's only chance for survival right now?
Who are Dems going to trot out?

Des will take the nomination and as long as he begins to talk issues and less culture war he wins the Independent vote that elected Biden.

Who does the Dem Party have? Seriously

Reactions: Crayfish57
There is a difference between playing the victim card and making it part of your political identity. Liberals don't complain that they are being constantly attacked and held down simply because they are liberals.
Huh???

Perpetually offended and being victims IS the very identity of liberals in general.

They are victims of every form of “ism” that exists and many that don’t.

I assume you were being TIC.

SO now Trump has had 2 yrs to build alliances and operatives to expose the swamp even more. DC has proven that $ and secure lifestyles cause people to suddenly remember things that they witnessed in the past. Does Trump have the goods, even if he gets beat, to shine the light to ALL of us, of our corrupt DC, and then 1) he goes down, 2) we all come together to control our "controllers" as it was intended to be.. He said initially that he would drain the swamp.

Nany Pelosi in an Urn is a pretty good start.

Yea I know that is deleat worthy, but a few will see it and I have it screen shotted.
What a ridiculous post.

Reactions: twenty02
Who are Dems going to trot out?

Des will take the nomination and as long as he begins to talk issues and less culture war he wins the Independent vote that elected Biden.

Who does the Dem Party have? Seriously
No clue. Whoever excites women and minorities the most.

Threatened you in what way? No one knows who you are.
One poster said I better watch my back.

Another posted a picture of a gun pointed towards the camera in response to my post.

Of course they have no clue who I am but those are still threats

• Haha
Reactions: DANC

Another posted a picture of a gun pointed towards the camera in response to my post.

I am fine with everyone’s real name attached to profile.

Of course you did.

She was awful in the Kavanaugh hearings, just awful. No depth . No gravitas. No content. Just ankle biting. But she was among her Democrat equals and her incompetence wasn’t so obvious. As VP she is on her own and is a miserable failure.
What exactly does she, or any VP for that matter do you become a miserable failure? Besides Spiro Agnew, I don’t exactly remember any VP being very significant whatsoever. For the record, she’s been given a lot of credit on the campaign trail going around to colleges encouraging young people to vote.

With the benefit of hindsight, it's really funny to go back and look at the VP debate thread.

Harris was as vapid in the debate as we've come to expect from her and the vast majority of board lefties were still all in on defending her.

Shows us how for many, especially the leftists, the knee jerk reaction is to retreat to their partisan corner. With the benefit of time they've been forced to admit Harris is any empty suit, but at the time, we were in the middle of an election, and such an admission would be unthinkable when the alternative is Trump/ Pence.

You are simply an irrational or dishonest person person if you think Harris outperformed Pence in that debate.
https://morningconsult.com/2020/10/08/vp-debate-polling-kamala-harris-mike-pence/. Oh really?

• Haha
What exactly does she, or any VP for that matter do you become a miserable failure? Besides Spiro Agnew, I don’t exactly remember any VP being very significant whatsoever. For the record, she’s been given a lot of credit on the campaign trail going around to colleges encouraging young people to vote.
That was hard to read but most of the time we at least know they are alive and living above ground

A lot of people have tagged this sort of stuff on to Trump ever since he started in with his birther theories and launched his political career.

It always struck me that Trump started his political career, essentially, with those whacked out claims about where Obama was born. Man, there are enough people in this country, a country I dearly love, that are that racist, phobic, whatever it is, to latch on to something like that?! Then he talked about Hispanic murderers and rapists, and he was off to the racist...I mean races.

Taking one for the team...its so ridiculous.

He sure has exposed a lot of peoples true colors though, that I will agree with.
Just finished reading Maggie Haberman’s book on Trump. According to her, he decided he wanted to run for President when he went to a political rally ( can’t remember who it was for.) That seems about right. He doesn’t actually like or care about governing, he just enjoys the accolades and the hoopla .

• Haha
Just finished reading Maggie Haberman’s book on Trump. According to her, he decided he wanted to run for President when he went to a political rally ( can’t remember who it was for.) That seems about right. He doesn’t actually like or care about governing, he just enjoys the accolades and the hoopla .
Wow what a revelation. Why do you think Joe Biden has been trying to be President for like 30 yrs besides making money?You actually paid money to find that out?

Reactions: DANC and stollcpa
Wow what a revelation. Why do you think Joe Biden has been trying to be President for like 30 yrs besides making money?You actually paid money to find that out?
Nonsensical reply. I don’t think Biden wanted to be President because of rallies. Also have you heard of this super cool thing called libraries? You can actually get books for free! You should try it sometime.

• Haha
Nonsensical reply. I don’t think Biden wanted to be President because of rallies. Also have you heard of this super cool thing called libraries? You can actually get books for free! You should try it sometime.
'' I don't think'' being the key to that post.

Actual rallies ? Whatever, but if you honestly don't think it was about a power trip and making money for Joe Biden you are crazy.

I know who you are.....

Nonsensical reply.

You are truly a national treasure. You post all kinds of crap in a huff and the first thing that comes to your mind in a flurry of passion.

But when someone disagrees with it, it is a ''nonsensical'' reply. GD you make me laugh

So you’re afraid your employer would terminate your employment if he or she knew the spouting off posts you make?
Nope. Not really. Just don't need the nutso conservatives knowing my name after already making threats towards me.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Nonsensical reply.

You are truly a national treasure. You post all kinds of crap in a huff and the first thing that comes to your mind in a flurry of passion.

But when someone disagrees with it, it is a ''nonsensical'' reply. GD you make me laugh
Remember RMK and his DAB comments?

I want to like her but I just haven't been impressed. I can't put my finger on it, but something is just missing with her. I'd love to be enthusiastic about a Harris candidacy -- it would make things a whole helluva lot simpler -- but it's just not there. Maybe that could change, but I'm not confident.
I’ll tell you exactly what it is. She communicates with a tinge of sadness, about the last thing Americans want in a president.

Such bullshit!
So . . . which is it? Is the bullshit Aloha's statement that being a victim is not a part of the conservative core identity? Or is the bullshit Aloha's statement that being a victim is not part of his identity?

Or is the bullshit his statement that victimhood seems to be a part of the Trump supporters' core identities?

Oh, and . . . https://www.businessinsider.com/lea...rump-after-2024-announcement-huffpost-2022-11. The article seems to imply that Pence brought the evangelicals with him in 2016, and that in 2024 evangelicals will abandon Trump because of who he is . . . .

Yeah, yeah, I know . . . Business Insider is quoting Huffpost. So what? What about what the article says? Deal with the quotes from Mike Evans, Robert Jeffress and Everett Piper. I'm actually curious about what you think about those quotes . . . .

Mike's running for President. Do you think he's not going to trash his rival?

Oh, and Mike - Republicans now control the House.

I'm sorry to see Pompeo even comment on Trump or 'losing' at this point. He needs to prove why HE'S the best candidate. He doesn't need to stoop to that level - he competent enough to run on his own merit.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT