ADVERTISEMENT

This is all that really needs to be said about anti-vaxxers....

Admittedly I don’t know what flu stats are like for cook county but I would have to think 1 death/ day wouldn’t even register in a county of 5 million under normal circumstances.

The only reason we react with mandates now is because people (like yourself) have had their brains broken and believe this now to be the new normal.

Well, again, God bless you for your courage and knowledge. That’s why I admire the deniers like you who may take your bullsh!t to their grave. You’re a true patriot.

Unfortunately, fools like me and my fellow libs don’t have the courage…and, since we were vaccinated, don’t have the steely determination and resolution to suffocate to death.

You have manned up to the max! Kudos!

Well, again, God bless you for your courage and knowledge. That’s why I admire the deniers like you who may take your bullsh!t to their grave. You’re a true patriot.

Unfortunately, fools like me and my fellow libs don’t have the courage…and, since we were vaccinated, don’t have the steely determination and resolution to suffocate to death.

You have manned up to the max! Kudos!
Who is the denier? I’m the one saying folks are vaccinated, normal life can resume. You’re the one sowing doubt in their effectiveness by embracing masking for the vaccinated.

"Growing up in Indiana, I knew there were racists, but had no idea of the conditions in the South back then. Being a kid in the 50s and 60s, I just didn't comprehend it because we didn't experience it here."

I grew up in Indy, went to a Marion Co school district, and was well aware of pretty blatant racism, so I'm curious what part of Indiana you grew up in? Are you sure you didn't just miss the obvious examples of racism because nothing was drastic for you personally? I mean some of the Black athletes who were vital parts of the 67 IU Rose Bowl squad have exposed the racism they personally experienced from some coaches and teammates...
I grew up around the Lafayette/Kokomo area.

I was 13 in 1967, so I wasn't that aware of all the social issues.

I'm not saying racism didn't exist in Indiana - of course it did. But it wasn't as blatant as places in the south. And I grew up in an area with few minorities. But it didn't affect my outlook on those of other races. And do you know why? Because I grew up in a Christian environment, where we really did believe "Red or yellow, black or white, all are precious in HIs sight". And we were taught that in school. It certainly wasn't a "blame whitey" message.

If you wouldn't stop trying to play 'gotcha' all the time, you'd have realized that was my point.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Who is the denier? I’m the one saying folks are vaccinated, normal life can resume. You’re the one sowing doubt in their effectiveness by embracing masking for the vaccinated.
What the hell are you talking about?

Folks have airbags in their car, so they can drive drunk without seatbelts and drive at any speed with headlights off . Don't sow doubt in their effectiveness of airbags by embracing seat bealts, speed limits, lights, and sobriety.

I got muh RIGHTS

Reactions: IU_Hickory
The unvaccinated are not asking for your mask mandates.
I think this woman who was unvaccinated on her doctor's recommendation, due to her weak immune system, would rather be living today.

Lake Shipp Elementary School teacher Kelly Peterson, 41, died of COVID-19 Monday morning.

Christy Peterson said Kelly had a weak immune system and her medical team advised her against getting vaccinated.

“This is why she was a virtual teacher last year,” Peterson said. “She even had students get perfect scores on (state testing). Which is pretty much unheard of. And being virtual was an even bigger accomplishment.”

Peterson said her sister and those like her should have been offered the option to do eLearning again this year.

"The school didn’t offer that,” Peterson said. “She did do everything she could to stay safe. She took all the precautions, always wore a mask, but, yes, in the end it wasn’t enough.”

Too many science denying germ rats for an unvaccinated but intelligent person to overcome.

• Haha
Reactions: jet812
I think this woman who was unvaccinated on her doctor's recommendation, due to her weak immune system, would rather be living today.

Lake Shipp Elementary School teacher Kelly Peterson, 41, died of COVID-19 Monday morning.

Christy Peterson said Kelly had a weak immune system and her medical team advised her against getting vaccinated.

“This is why she was a virtual teacher last year,” Peterson said. “She even had students get perfect scores on (state testing). Which is pretty much unheard of. And being virtual was an even bigger accomplishment.”

Peterson said her sister and those like her should have been offered the option to do eLearning again this year.

"The school didn’t offer that,” Peterson said. “She did do everything she could to stay safe. She took all the precautions, always wore a mask, but, yes, in the end it wasn’t enough.”

Too many science denying germ rats for an unvaccinated but intelligent person to overcome.
Ah yes the immunocompromised. I have it on good authority they did not exist before COVID.

Democratic playbook 101. When you’re losing, take the exception, make it the rule.

Pathetic but expected from you.

That is not your problem. Worry about yourself. The unvaccinated are not asking for your mask mandates.

Sorry ****tard but I care for my kids, who can't get vaccinated yet.

The vaccinated aren't asking for you dumbasses to keep the pandemic around.

Do you eat shit out of trump's ass?

we already know the answer is yes.
It’s not rational to be worried about your kids dying from COVID they catch at school. There are a million other things more likely to kill them, including but not limited to, the car ride to school and catching the flu at school.

But it is not my job to help you step back into sanity.

Reactions: jet812 and DANC
I’m not a Democrat, I'm just to a far greater extent not a Trumper cultist.

Do you eat shit out of trump's ass?

we already know the answer is yes.
I thought this was worth pointing out. I tried to engage with both Hickory and Shooter in this thread and ended up cornering both of them.

Does anyone notice a similarity in what they decided to retreat to?

Last edited:
I have voted for every single GOP candidate for president over the last 41 years, except one. So yes, my voting preferences are clearly influenced when a turd runs for office, as was the case in 2016 and 2020, and when turds that worship him run for office.

Elections provide voters a CHOICE, you know. You don't write a manifesto about it. When one is just pathetically bad, you choose the other and it doesn't make you a groupie.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
I have voted for every single GOP candidate for president over the last 41 years, except one. So yes, my voting preferences are clearly influenced when a turd runs for office, as was the case in 2016 and 2020, and when turds that worship him run for office.

Elections provide voters a CHOICE, you know. You don't write a manifesto about it. When one is just pathetically bad, you choose the other and it doesn't make you a groupie.
COVID, stay on topic.

You accused me of using the democrat playbook, whatever that is. I responded to what you said, like maybe you would if I said that you were using the Purdue playbook.
Whatever. You’re not left leaning in the slightest if that’s what makes you feel better. Don’t want this thread devolving into another discussion of where you land on the political spectrum, too many have gone that way because of your ego.

Reactions: DANC

Odd.

I am immuno-compromised and my docs advised “get the vaccine”

wear a mask
dont wear a mask

get a jab
dont get a jab

get a third jab
wait to get a third jab

there is no reason to be confused or scared
they’re just responding to data

Bumblebees can’t fly
a curve ball doesn’t curve
there is nothing smaller than an electron
shit happens

thank God for football

Folks have airbags in their car, so they can drive drunk without seatbelts and drive at any speed with headlights off . Don't sow doubt in their effectiveness of airbags by embracing seat bealts, speed limits, lights, and sobriety.

I got muh RIGHTS
When were masks or vaccines ever passed by legislatures as mandates, like airbags and drunk driving laws were?

You'd gladly give up your rights and everyone else's to tyrants who rule by degree.

• Haha
Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Sorry ****tard but I care for my kids, who can't get vaccinated yet.

The vaccinated aren't asking for you dumbasses to keep the pandemic around.
Your kids have a better chance of dying by the commone flu than covid, ****tard.

I thought this was worth pointing out. I tried to engage with both Hickory and Shooter in this thread and ended up cornering both of them.

Does anyone notice a similarity in what the decided to retreat to?
They've always been Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb (HIckory).

Both are mouthpieces for CNN and MSNBC.

When were masks or vaccines ever passed by legislatures as mandates, like airbags and drunk driving laws were?

You'd gladly give up your rights and everyone else's to tyrants who rule by degree.
I honestly don't get how temporarily requiring masks is a sign of tyranny. I honestly don't.

I think there is wide chasm between wearing a piece of cloth over your mouth and nose and living under the oppression of tyrannical rule.

Though I was good to go in terms of getting vaccinated and wasn't worried about it in the least bit, I kind of get how ill-informed people might be scared of getting vaccinated. The anti-mask thing just doesn't make sense to me.

Not cool calling kids science denying germ rats - they can’t help it…

Reactions: DANC
I honestly don't get how temporarily requiring masks is a sign of tyranny. I honestly don't.

I think there is wide chasm between wearing a piece of cloth over your mouth and nose and living under the oppression of tyrannical rule.

Though I was good to go in terms of getting vaccinated and wasn't worried about it in the least bit, I kind of get how ill-informed people might be scared of getting vaccinated. The anti-mask thing just doesn't make sense to me.
Laws are passed by legislatures - not by decree. I don't understand how this is controversial.

It's not what you want or don't want. It's not what some people consider 'the good of all'. In our country, laws are made by elected legislatures.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
vaccinate and see you chances of getting infected go down 5-fold and your chances of being hospitalized go down 30-fold.

-------
A new CDC study finds that while the Delta variant surged in Los Angeles, CA the COVID-19 vaccines continued to prevent COVID-19 related infections, hospitalizations, ICU stays, or deaths

Infection and hospitalization rates among unvaccinated persons were 4.9x and 29.2x, respectively, the rate of those seen in fully vaccinated persons.

Laws are passed by legislatures - not by decree. I don't understand how this is controversial.

It's not what you want or don't want. It's not what some people consider 'the good of all'. In our country, laws are made by elected legislatures.
You do know that mask mandates haven't been ruled unconstitutional right? This issue was long ago legislated:

Our Constitution principally entrusts “[t]he safety and the health of the people” to the politically accountable officials of the States “to guard and protect.” Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U. S. 11, 38, 25 S. Ct. 358, 49 L. Ed. 643 (1905). When those officials “undertake[ ] to act in areas fraught with medical and scientific uncertainties,” their latitude “must be especially broad.” Marshall v. United States, 414 U. S. 417, 427, 94 S. Ct. 700, 38 L. Ed. 2d 618 (1974). Where those broad limits are not exceeded, they should not be subject to second-guessing by an “unelected federal judiciary,” which lacks the background, competence, and expertise to assess public health and is not accountable to the people.

You can find the link where I pulled that snippet from here.

You do know that mask mandates haven't been ruled unconstitutional right? This issue was long ago legislated:

Our Constitution principally entrusts “[t]he safety and the health of the people” to the politically accountable officials of the States “to guard and protect.” Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U. S. 11, 38, 25 S. Ct. 358, 49 L. Ed. 643 (1905). When those officials “undertake[ ] to act in areas fraught with medical and scientific uncertainties,” their latitude “must be especially broad.” Marshall v. United States, 414 U. S. 417, 427, 94 S. Ct. 700, 38 L. Ed. 2d 618 (1974). Where those broad limits are not exceeded, they should not be subject to second-guessing by an “unelected federal judiciary,” which lacks the background, competence, and expertise to assess public health and is not accountable to the people.

You can find the link where I pulled that snippet from here.
Key words: "Where those broad limits are not exceeded"

Local potentates should not be making these decisions.

And how is this different from what I said: Our Constitution principally entrusts “[t]he safety and the health of the people” to the politically accountable officials of the States “to guard and protect.”

"politically accountable" -
isn't that legislators?

I'm not a lawyer, so I don't know what the rulings are or your (or your cut-and-paste) interpretations of it are. I just know if you want to be "for the good of the people", it ought to be voted on by our elected legislature and be made into law. Otherwise, it will continue to divide the nation.

Key words: "Where those broad limits are not exceeded"

Local potentates should not be making these decisions.

And how is this different from what I said: Our Constitution principally entrusts “[t]he safety and the health of the people” to the politically accountable officials of the States “to guard and protect.”

"politically accountable" -
isn't that legislators?

I'm not a lawyer, so I don't know what the rulings are or your (or your cut-and-paste) interpretations of it are. I just know if you want to be "for the good of the people", it ought to be voted on by our elected legislature and be made into law. Otherwise, it will continue to divide the nation.
I think you're missing the point. The laws already on the books allow for state and local officials to implement mask mandates.

I grew up around the Lafayette/Kokomo area.

I was 13 in 1967, so I wasn't that aware of all the social issues.

I'm not saying racism didn't exist in Indiana - of course it did. But it wasn't as blatant as places in the south. And I grew up in an area with few minorities. But it didn't affect my outlook on those of other races. And do you know why? Because I grew up in a Christian environment, where we really did believe "Red or yellow, black or white, all are precious in HIs sight". And we were taught that in school. It certainly wasn't a "blame whitey" message.

If you wouldn't stop trying to play 'gotcha' all the time, you'd have realized that was my point.
Learn:

Learn now, then:

Not your fault as a kid but Marion is only 30 miles from Kokomo.

Not your fault as a kid but Marion is only 30 miles from Kokomo.
Carl Erksine, the Dodgers pitcher, knew about this lynching because he has talked about it in public interviews. He grew up in Anderson, about the same distance to Marion as Kokomo is.

Your educators in Kokomo should have mentioned it.

Last edited:
I think you're missing the point. The laws already on the books allow for state and local officials to implement mask mandates.
I think you missed my point that they are overstepping their authority.

Learn:

1930? Really?

Which would beg the question, if the teachers are vaxed and effect on kids is negligible (even with the fetishized variant), why are we masking students?
Because many of their moronic parents and grandparents wont get vaccinated, so when a kid comes home asymptomatic, they can still spread it to their hillbilly parents who would rather take horse pills. Then they run to the hospital and take up all the ICU beds.

Why is this so difficult to understand?

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory and DANC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT