ADVERTISEMENT

This is all that really needs to be said about anti-vaxxers....

Because many of their moronic parents and grandparents wont get vaccinated, so when a kid comes home asymptomatic, they can still spread it to their hillbilly parents who would rather take horse pills. Then they run to the hospital and take up all the ICU beds.

Why is this so difficult to understand?
Putting aside that kids are much less infectious, those parents and grand parents are adults who making their own decisions as it relates to their health. It is not yours, mine or governments responsibility to make those decisions for them. You knew this at one point.

At this point, I don't care about those people. If they want to play politics with their own lives, that's their business. 99% of Covid hospitalizations now are people who didn't get vaxed. They're also the idiots who won't wear a mask. They're just going to ride this thing into their own graves.

At this point, I don't care. They've been given the information on the vaccines. They've been given the information on masks. None of my family and friends are unvaccinated at this point, so what happens to them happens. I reluctantly wish them luck.

There is currently no strain on Chicago ICU beds which pertains to our original Chicago mask mandate discussion that you were trying to obfuscate.

Reactions: DANC
Putting aside that kids are much less infectious, those parents and grand parents are adults who making their own decisions as it relates to their health. It is not yours, mine or governments responsibility to make those decisions for them. You knew this at one point.

There is currently no strain on Chicago ICU beds which pertains to our original Chicago mask mandate discussion that you were trying to obfuscate.

You are really not a smart person.

The idiots who won't get vaccinations are taking up every ICU bed in Mississippi (one example) which affects other people. It keeps people from getting non-necessary surgery or other procedures. Some people aren't able to get vaccines for health reasons. Why are you having so much trouble with this?

Children and adolescents can also transmit SARS-CoV-2 infection to others. Early during the COVID-19 pandemic, children were not commonly identified as index cases in household or other clusters9, 10 largely because schools and extracurricular activities around the world were closed or no longer held in-person. However, outbreaks among adolescents attending camps, sports events, and schools have demonstrated that adolescents can transmit SARS-CoV-2 to others.11, 14, 30 Furthermore, transmission studies that have examined secondary infection risk from children and adolescents to household contacts who are rapidly, frequently, and systematically tested demonstrate that transmission does occur.

You don't think lack of ICU beds doesn't affect the rest of the population? That's asinine.

When you don't have that capacity, that means people will die

"One person who suffered a heart attack was bounced from six hospitals before finding an emergency room in New Orleans that could take him in"

Last edited:

The idiots who won't get vaccinations are taking up every ICU bed in Mississippi (one example) which affects other people. It keeps people from getting non-necessary surgery or other procedures. Some people aren't able to get vaccines for health reasons. Why are you having so much trouble with this?

Children and adolescents can also transmit SARS-CoV-2 infection to others. Early during the COVID-19 pandemic, children were not commonly identified as index cases in household or other clusters9, 10 largely because schools and extracurricular activities around the world were closed or no longer held in-person. However, outbreaks among adolescents attending camps, sports events, and schools have demonstrated that adolescents can transmit SARS-CoV-2 to others.11, 14, 30 Furthermore, transmission studies that have examined secondary infection risk from children and adolescents to household contacts who are rapidly, frequently, and systematically tested demonstrate that transmission does occur.

You don't think lack of ICU beds doesn't affect the rest of the population? That's asinine.

"Almost 78% of beds in U.S. hospital intensive care units are in use, and roughly one-third of adult ICU patients (or 22,345) have the coronavirus, according to data from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services."

Typical ICU capacity is 70-80%. You're being played by a bunch of overly opinionated nurses.

You hit all of the Fox News talking points. Fact checkers add some nuance, though, with over 30 cited sources:

i think HDG brings up a great point, as do you. the hysteria of reporting ICU BEDS ARE FULL is a frustrating marker and imo evidences just more poor planning on the part of our gov and healthcare systems. as i've said before i truly believe we need to figure out a way to increase icu capacity and care, particularly in times of crisis. you can't have a community hospital already at 80 percent occupancy add 15 covid patients then shout THE HOSPITAL IS FULL and shut down a county of 800,000 with lockdowns and delayed non Covid care. we need to figure out how to be creative w/ care and capacity.

if you figure during normal times an icu operates at north of 2/3 capacity, with approximately 1/3 of that requiring mechanical vent, that doesn't account/plan for crisis periods/pandemics etc. moving forward, imo, icu care is one of those critical areas worthy of exploration as it's been the measure by which we've come to base decisions

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1
You hit all of the Fox News talking points. Fact checkers add some nuance, though, with over 30 cited sources:

Do you think when these doctors and nurses chose their profession they realized at some point they may have to deal with people who are sick?

"

Typical ICU capacity is 70-80%. You're being played by a bunch of overly opinionated nurses.
Played by whom?

In Texas, 92% of ICU beds are taken. In fact "Dallas-area hospitals warned Thursday that if their region runs out of intensive care beds, they may need to consider vaccination status when prioritizing who to treat."

Kentucky is using 90.7% of its ICU beds, and Gov. Andy Beshear said Wednesday every hospital bed in the state may be taken up in the next two weeks.

In Georgia, 94% of statewide ICU beds are currently in use following a 74% jump in daily coronavirus cases over the last two weeks, and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported some Atlanta hospitals needed to divert ambulances due to capacity issues.

ICU capacity sits at 93.2% in Florida and 93% in Mississippi, which have the nation’s third-highest and highest new Covid-19 infection rates, respectively.

ICU occupancy is above 80% in 10 other states: Louisiana (89.3%), Missouri (88.9%), Oklahoma (87.9%), Arkansas (87.4%), Nevada (85.4%), North Carolina (84.8%), South Carolina (83.8%), New Mexico (83.6%), Idaho (82.7%) and Maine (80.4%).

You're not seeing this as a problem? When someone who had a heart attack can't get into an ICU because it's filled up with idiots who won't get vaxed?

"In metro Atlanta, the four major hospital systems are all near or at intensive care unit bed capacity. They are now diverting emergency room patients because they simply don’t have the space to treat them."

“That means that if you have a car wreck, or if you have a heart attack, any of the normal things that hospitals are there to make sure they take care of, you’re going to have to wait longer,” Adams said. “You may have to go to a different facility that’s not as close by.”

"Houston, known for its massive network of hospitals, only has only 27 ICU beds left. Some health systems there have started setting up COVID-19 overflow tents. Two other emergency rooms in central Texas have shut down completely and transferred staff to help out at other locations."

"The situation is even more dire in Mississippi, where the state has completely run out of ICU beds."

"In neighboring Louisiana, the state is now relying on federal help to staff its hospitals."

You really want to argue this point? I don't think I'm the one being played, my friend. Wow.

Because many of their moronic parents and grandparents wont get vaccinated, so when a kid comes home asymptomatic, they can still spread it to their hillbilly parents who would rather take horse pills. Then they run to the hospital and take up all the ICU beds.

Why is this so difficult to understand?
Cool story, bro.

I guess you didn't get the memo that kids do not spread covid easily.

Cool story, bro.

Awesome, because I'm going to have to tell it again because you are a moron.

COVID-19 among children and adolescents​

Children and adolescents can be infected with SARS-CoV-2, can get sick with COVID-19, and can spread the virus to others.9-15 In the United States through March 2021, the estimated cumulative rates of SARS-CoV-2 infection and COVID-19 symptomatic illness in children ages 5-17 years were comparable to infection and symptomatic illness rates in adults ages 18-49 and higher than rates in adults ages 50 and older.16 Estimated cumulative rates of infection and symptomatic illness in children ages 0-4 years are roughly half of those in children ages 5-17 years, but are comparable to those in adults ages 65 years or older. These cumulative rates were estimated from CDC models that account for under-detection among reported cases.

II know reading is challenging for you, so maybe we'll fix you up with a podcast. ;)

"Almost 78% of beds in U.S. hospital intensive care units are in use, and roughly one-third of adult ICU patients (or 22,345) have the coronavirus, according to data from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services."

Georgia is now deploying the National Guard medical staff to support their hospitals.

Yeah...just normal stuff!

i think HDG brings up a great point, as do you. the hysteria of reporting ICU BEDS ARE FULL is a frustrating marker and imo evidences just more poor planning on the part of our gov and healthcare systems. as i've said before i truly believe we need to figure out a way to increase icu capacity and care, particularly in times of crisis. you can't have a community hospital already at 80 percent occupancy add 15 covid patients then shout THE HOSPITAL IS FULL and shut down a county of 800,000 with lockdowns and delayed non Covid care. we need to figure out how to be creative w/ care and capacity.

if you figure during normal times an icu operates at north of 2/3 capacity, with approximately 1/3 of that requiring mechanical vent, that doesn't account/plan for crisis periods/pandemics etc. moving forward, imo, icu care is one of those critical areas worthy of exploration as it's been the measure by which we've come to base decisions
How much extra capacity do you have built into the factories you own? Staffed and supplies at the ready, just in case you get a nice fat order?

How much extra capacity do you have built into the factories you own? Staffed and supplies at the ready, just in case you get a nice fat order?
i get it. what's more it's been a hundred years since our last pandemic so faulting these systems for not being prepared isn't fair. i get that too. but now we're in the third school year w/ variants emerging and i'm not hearing much in the way of new responses. here's an interesting study five plus years before the pandemic that talks about capacity and notes the fact that we're not capable of handling a pandemic/crisis of a certain scope.

from what i've read capacity can be relatively easily managed by way of all sorts of different facilities from warehouses to hotels. the issue is doctors/nurses. but that too needs to be addressed either by way of educational licensing modifications or revisions to the sop for this kind of care w/ informed consent waivers etc. anyway there's shit that can be done. if a hospital is already at 80 percent icu capacity before covid hits town it's an issue that needs to be addressed in this new world order we face.

I'm all for the vaccines, but who knows what their efficacy will be going forward. from what i've read this new lambda variant is demonstrating vaccine resistance. Pfizer's own ceo has said that's it likely a variant will emerge that evades our vaccines. we need to start looking at not only vaccines and treatments but care expansion imo as a contingency.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Awesome, because I'm going to have to tell it again because you are a moron.

COVID-19 among children and adolescents​

Children and adolescents can be infected with SARS-CoV-2, can get sick with COVID-19, and can spread the virus to others.9-15 In the United States through March 2021, the estimated cumulative rates of SARS-CoV-2 infection and COVID-19 symptomatic illness in children ages 5-17 years were comparable to infection and symptomatic illness rates in adults ages 18-49 and higher than rates in adults ages 50 and older.16 Estimated cumulative rates of infection and symptomatic illness in children ages 0-4 years are roughly half of those in children ages 5-17 years, but are comparable to those in adults ages 65 years or older. These cumulative rates were estimated from CDC models that account for under-detection among reported cases.

II know reading is challenging for you, so maybe we'll fix you up with a podcast. ;)
Of course, you can't follow a discussion. I wasn't talking about infection rate. I was talking about their ability to spread, which is less than adults.

But good job on the cut-and-paste. Very impressive interwebz skills.

Georgia is now deploying the National Guard medical staff to support their hospitals.

Gosh, 20 hospitals in the whole state of Georgia! What are there - like, 30 or 35 hospitals in the state?

Drama queen. You and Bowlmania should take better anxiety pills.

Cool story, bro.

Kids are a sore spot for him, careful….

Impressive tantrum…

You do know that mask mandates haven't been ruled unconstitutional right? This issue was long ago legislated:

Our Constitution principally entrusts “[t]he safety and the health of the people” to the politically accountable officials of the States “to guard and protect.” Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U. S. 11, 38, 25 S. Ct. 358, 49 L. Ed. 643 (1905). When those officials “undertake[ ] to act in areas fraught with medical and scientific uncertainties,” their latitude “must be especially broad.” Marshall v. United States, 414 U. S. 417, 427, 94 S. Ct. 700, 38 L. Ed. 2d 618 (1974). Where those broad limits are not exceeded, they should not be subject to second-guessing by an “unelected federal judiciary,” which lacks the background, competence, and expertise to assess public health and is not accountable to the people.

You can find the link where I pulled that snippet from here.

haven’t read all the cases, except the 110 page monstrosity the Kentucky Supreme Court issued rejecting the injunction against the Governor, and let his earliest executive orders stand, but …

the Legislature here then acted pretty quick in special session and passed new laws, which limited executive powers a bit. (Not a surprise really. Every President and seemingly every Governor finds ways to issue “executive orders” and avoid the legislative process, which makes vote whores feel angry and ignored.)

soo, as I say here half a dozen times a year, the government only works when there is crisis and consensus. If the evidence is clear, perhaps the name calling should stop and the necessary laws can be quickly and easily passed.

But … when the real battle isn’t over science, but is over Trump vs. anti-Trump - as it has been since January 2020 - the consensus never comes. Again, one unintended consequence of claiming Trump, not virus science, caused Covid to spread, has been that everything Covid related became just as partisan, just as contested and just as ugly as the elections. it’s gotten in the way, and has stayed in the way. Add in the survival rates, and the conflicting early advice on masks, and it is not a surprise that there is no consensus.

But if consensus can be had, “the system” allows for quick legislative action.

Gosh, 20 hospitals in the whole state of Georgia! What are there - like, 30 or 35 hospitals in the state?

Drama queen. You and Bowlmania should take better anxiety pills.
Why don't you ask the governor who just called out the National Guard, moron.

Of course, you can't follow a discussion. I wasn't talking about infection rate. I was talking about their ability to spread, which is less than adults.

But good job on the cut-and-paste. Very impressive interwebz skills.

You are incredibly lazy. Yes, I cut from the CDC web site and linked the web site for you to check, which, of course, you would never do. Here is the next paragraph, since you have reading comprehension problems:

Several studies conducted early during the COVID-19 pandemic suggested that the incidence rate among children and adolescents was lower than among adults.9, 10, 18-23 However, the lower incidence rates may have been due in part to children, when compared to adults, having fewer opportunities for exposure (due to school, daycare, and activity closures) and a lower probability of being tested.17 Studies that have systematically tested children and adolescents, irrespective of symptoms, for acute SARS-CoV-2 infection (using antigen or RT-PCR assays) or prior infection (through antibody testing) have found their rates of infection can be comparable, and in some settings higher, than in adults

Did you get hit on the head when you were a baby or something?

E9l_vbWWQAIOMVk.jpg

You are incredibly lazy. Yes, I cut from the CDC web site and linked the web site for you to check, which, of course, you would never do. Here is the next paragraph, since you have reading comprehension problems:

Several studies conducted early during the COVID-19 pandemic suggested that the incidence rate among children and adolescents was lower than among adults.9, 10, 18-23 However, the lower incidence rates may have been due in part to children, when compared to adults, having fewer opportunities for exposure (due to school, daycare, and activity closures) and a lower probability of being tested.17 Studies that have systematically tested children and adolescents, irrespective of symptoms, for acute SARS-CoV-2 infection (using antigen or RT-PCR assays) or prior infection (through antibody testing) have found their rates of infection can be comparable, and in some settings higher, than in adults

Did you get hit on the head when you were a baby or something?
If you want to continue to making yourself look like a fool, go right ahead.

"One person who suffered a heart attack was bounced from six hospitals before finding an emergency room in New Orleans that could take him in"
Defend the Chicago mask mandate. I don't care that three of Mississippi and Louisiana's four hospital bed are being used.

Cool story, bro.

Well someone is spreading covid among the kids who are catching it. You need to revise your talking points because 12,000 kids testing positive in 3 weeks of school in a single state is pretty staggering. Of course, if the overall vax rate in the state wasn't below 40%, it might not present as much of an issue...

I'm pretty sure the father whose little girl died within 3 days of catching covid at school would tell you what to do with your "memo"...

Well someone is spreading covid among the kids who are catching it. You need to revise your talking points because 12,000 kids testing positive in 3 weeks of school in a single state is pretty staggering. Of course, if the overall vax rate in the state wasn't below 40%, it might not present as much of an issue...

I'm pretty sure the father whose little girl died within 3 days of catching covid at school would tell you what to do with your "memo"...
I'm pretty sure I never said kids can't get covid, dumbass.

Stick to what I said instead of 'moving the goal posts' - isn't that the word-of-the-week for sheep-leftists?

I'm pretty sure I never said kids can't get covid, dumbass.

Stick to what I said instead of 'moving the goal posts' - isn't that the word-of-the-week for sheep-leftists?
So who is spreading it in the schools? The masked teachers? I know of two teachers/ school officials who have died of Covid in Jacksonville over the past two weeks. And kids are responsible for 25% of covid presently being diagnosed in Jacksonville...

So you enlighten us on who is spreading it in schools if it isn't kids?

No, you shouldn't compare these things to an illness made more likely by refusing to get vaccinated for Covid, if that's what you're asking.

It is sometimes very hard to lose weight, lower blood sugar and lower blood pressure, even if your medical condition allows you to exercise and your will power allows you to control diet.

Blood pressure naturally increases as a person ages -- exercise and diet won't change that. My own A1C test results vary substantially with no change in my eating habits -- obviously, diet is not guaranteed to result in lower test results. Everybody already knows how hard it is to lose weight -- losing weight is difficult for everybody.

But, seriously, how hard is it to sit there for five minutes and receive a vaccine? Getting vaccinated really bears no comparison to the difficulty of lowering weight, blood pressure and blood sugar.
In theory, I guess I agree with you but I still find it very concerning about what is NOT being said about the vaccines such as:
1) Where is the list of possible adverse reactions and health risks that are associated with these meds like we see and hear with every other medication that is advertised?
2) If someone has a debilitating reaction to these meds, who will be responsible for their life-long care?
3) Is BIG PHRMA protected from civil suits and from paying damages if these meds result in unintended consequences?
4) If so, is Big Pharma protected from civil suits if these doses are prepared, packaged, shipped, and distributed improperly?
5) Now that one of the vaccines has achieved FULL approval, are the Pharma companies protected from civil suits since the regular approval process has been completed?

I understand why initially Big Pharma needed some protection but if they have protection do they need to continue having it?

So who is spreading it in the schools? The masked teachers? I know of two teachers/ school officials who have died of Covid in Jacksonville over the past two weeks. And kids are responsible for 25% of covid presently being diagnosed in Jacksonville...

So you enlighten us on who is spreading it in schools if it isn't kids?

Show me where I said they couldn't spread it, dumbass.

And, of course, they couldn't get it from adults, could they?

Do you and Dr. Hoops enjoy looking like fools?

In theory, I guess I agree with you but I still find it very concerning about what is NOT being said about the vaccines such as:
1) Where is the list of possible adverse reactions and health risks that are associated with these meds like we see and hear with every other medication that is advertised?
2) If someone has a debilitating reaction to these meds, who will be responsible for their life-long care?
3) Is BIG PHRMA protected from civil suits and from paying damages if these meds result in unintended consequences?
4) If so, is Big Pharma protected from civil suits if these doses are prepared, packaged, shipped, and distributed improperly?
5) Now that one of the vaccines has achieved FULL approval, are the Pharma companies protected from civil suits since the regular approval process has been completed?

I understand why initially Big Pharma needed some protection but if they have protection do they need to continue having it?
You signed an informed consent re risks - you probably just don't remember. big pharma has limited protection for four years then can be sued for product liability. there are ways to toll the sols as well

Odd.

I am immuno-compromised and my docs advised “get the vaccine”

wear a mask
dont wear a mask

get a jab
dont get a jab

get a third jab
wait to get a third jab

there is no reason to be confused or scared
they’re just responding to data

Bumblebees can’t fly
a curve ball doesn’t curve
there is nothing smaller than an electron
shit happens

thank God for football
I'm just catching up on this thread, this caught me man!

You have now almost written, possibly the best country music song (2021 version). I think Hank JR could record this, maybe Arron Lewis even.

But I think you need to mention Climate change, voter suppression and Momma. :)

Obviously this guy is making these statements from an emotional place, but he's spot on (link has NSFW language).

If you're not going to get vaccinated because you think COVID is a hoax or not a big deal, then yeah, OK that's your right. If you get sick with COVID and start to realize that it really is a 'big deal' or 'no joke', people are losing patience with your comin' to Jesus moment in the hospital.

Can we add fat people to the losing patience comin’ to Jesus moment in the hospital?

How about:

Smokers?
Dopers?
Alcoholics?
Skateboarders?
Mountain climbers?
Smokers: Yes
Dopers: No. Pot is cool.
Alcoholics: No. Alcohol gives Purdue chicks a chance at mating.
Skateboarders: Yes. Skate parks suck.
Mountain climbers: I can go either way.

You might have a point if there was a free, immediately available shot you could get that would prevent diabetes, obesity, or hypertension in the vast majority of cases.
Luckily there is something free and immediately available. Eat less and go for walks outside.

Didn’t really know where to put this and I’m certainly not an anti vaxxer but this just happened to someone I work with. This is a woman in her 30’s, not overweight, with no health issues that I know of.

Just putting this out there for people thinking about getting vaccination or having symptoms weeks after being vaccinated: I got sick last Tuesday with sore throat, headache, fever, nausea and chest pain. I have not ever testesd positive for COVID so on Wednesday morning I went to get tested. I tested negative for COVID. I called my doctor to be seen Thursday and was immediately told to go to ER due to the chest pain. Omitted omitted Hospital found inflammation in my lungs and gave me antibiotics and steroids intravenously while running several tests there. The next morning I had a Echocardiogram. The test showed "moderate Pulmonary Hypertension". Scary thing if you google. Fast forward to today I saw my doctor and let him know chest pain had not subsided. He immediately sent me to the hospital for a CT scan of my heart/lungs for blood clots. They found several clots that are causing my heart issue (PH). I am now on blood thinners for the next 6 months. I have chest pain but overall feel much better. This is all due to the Moderna Vaccine according to both my specialist and my personal doctor. I got sick 2 weeks to the day after my second shot.

Is this a known issue with the Moderna vaccine or was this just a freak occurrence?

Didn’t really know where to put this and I’m certainly not an anti vaxxer but this just happened to someone I work with. This is a woman in her 30’s, not overweight, with no health issues that I know of.

Is this a known issue with the Moderna vaccine or was this just a freak occurrence?
Blood clots have been but reported but are exceedingly rare. Your coworker has super shitty luck.

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978

Tens of thousands of identical anecdotes out there....literally all censored by big pharma and their running dogs in broadcast and social media.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and Bowlmania
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT