ADVERTISEMENT

This is all that really needs to be said about anti-vaxxers....

Because in the Duke study, and others, as we have discussed, in-class viral transmission is reduced dramatically by kids wearing masks. Fewer kids get sick. Few that do get sick will die, but wearing a mask is not some incredible ordeal, so it's worth it.
Are you in school for 8 hours a day with a mask on?

It's a pretty f'n 'incredible ordeal' when you're 6, 7, 8 years old and expected to pay attention in class.

They can't all sneak out to smoke in the break room.

How excited are you for the return of the mask mandate?
You put that squarely on the anti-vaxers for that. As you surely know, 99% of current covid deaths are from people who haven't been vaccinated.

To answer your question, I'm pissed off at these morons who would rather take horse deworming medicine than walk into CVS and get a shot. My building...back to wearing masks...sigh.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
You put that squarely on the anti-vaxers for that. As you surely know, 99% of current covid deaths are from people who haven't been vaccinated.

To answer your question, I'm pissed off at these morons who would rather take horse deworming medicine than walk into CVS and get a shot. My building...back to wearing masks...sigh.
Show 'em your vaccine card and middle finger.

Just don't drop that thousand dollar bottle of wine when doing so

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory

This seems a rather odd place to aim your dissatisfaction. You’re not alone in this, many others would rather aim their derision at the unvaccinated than the state and local governments installing these nonsense mandates.

The unvaccinated aren’t intruding on your life, the people making you wear a mask are.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory
This seems a rather odd, place to aim your dissatisfaction. You’re not alone in this, many others would rather aim their derision at the unvaccinated than the state and local governments installing these nonsense mandates.

The unvaccinated aren’t intruding on your life, the people making you wear a mask are.

It is a mask. Boo freakin hoo cry baby

Reactions: DrHoops
77 years ago we asked young men to storm the Normandy beaches, though they knew there would be high casualties.

Now we have millions of people whining like little babies about requests to wear a cloth mask for a while in indoor spaces with close contact.

Grow the EFF up.
The Venn diagram between staunch mask proponents and those brave enough to partake in a beach landing, has no overlap.

I also prefer not to wear a mask. But doing so is a very minor inconvenience, and it's a really stupid hill to die on.
I'm coming to the realization that the effort to mitigate spread through masking is fruitless. Mandate vaccinations for as many people as possible and make it difficult for the unvaxxed to participate in civil society. Then let nature take its course.

Last edited:
I'm coming to the realization that the effort to mitigate spread through masking is fruitless. Mandate vaccinations for as many people as possible and make it difficult for the unvaxxed to participate in civil society. Then let nature take its course.
Now that we are in the process of getting full FDA approval, I agree. Mandate it all. Make the anti-vaxxers step up and live with the consequences.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
This seems a rather odd place to aim your dissatisfaction. You’re not alone in this, many others would rather aim their derision at the unvaccinated than the state and local governments installing these nonsense mandates.

Sure they are. They’re infecting people with COVID. Have you been vaccinated or are you taking horse worm pills?

The mandates are in place, once again, because Cletus and Jethro in Hillbilly Holler would rather take equine worm pills than get vaccinated.

Now, I’m ready for your apology, moron.

I’d actually prefer not to wear a mask. Weird I know.
Take it up with the hillbillies who think Jesus will protect them until they’re dying with a respirator down their throat.

Suddenly they have a different thing to say, or write down on a notepad, since they’re no longer able to talk.

If you’re not vaccinated, you’re a moron. Full stop.

Not unless you can give me a some non-arbitrary point at which masks go away. Then I’ll continue to die on that hill because I don’t abide by nonsense.
Encourage morons who won’t get vaccinated to get vaccinated. It’s pretty damned simple.

Honestly, you’re a joke. No way you live in Chicago.

Im
Sure they are. They’re infecting people with COVID. Have you been vaccinated or are you taking horse worm pills?

The mandates are in place, once again, because Cletus and Jethro in Hillbilly Holler would rather take equine worm pills than get vaccinated.

I'm guessing that Cletus and Jethro would benefit from both the vaccine and a good worming.

Is Chicago Hillbilly Holler? Or just over governed?

7 day average for Cook Country COVID deaths is about 1/ day.

Remember back in the day when everyone would get all up in arms about surging flu cases? Of course not, because no one gave a shit about cases until a bunch of losers and politicians decided to turn a virus in their identity.

Last edited:
Why would anyone expect the vaccine to be approved for kids when the FDA hasn't approved it yet.

If you can't follow the logic, don't respond with your usual bullshit cut-and-pastes no one looks at.
For someone that accuses others of "spreading misinformation" and being not very bright (to put it mildly) you sure do get confused by the most basic elements and procedures...At this point,I gotta believe it's deliberate and intentional...

I even highlighted the part of your initial post I was responding to, and yet you intentionally attempted to misstate my position and claim I said the approval FOR CHILDREN might be coming this week...

"What hasn't the FDA approved it for adults yet?
Reports that may happen for Phyzer this coming week..."

Btw, I'm pretty sure the FDA has just issued full approval. So I wonder what your new phony talking point will now be...

Reactions: TommyCracker

Remember back in the day when everyone would get all up in arms about surging flu cases? Of course not, because no one gave a shit about cases until a bunch of losers and politicians decided to turn a virus in their identity.
Since we're discussing people who "turn a virus into their identity..."

"Livestreaming on Facebook, a man known online as the "vaccine police" harassed pharmacists at a Walmart in Springfield — saying the workers would be "executed" for administering the COVID-19 vaccine.

Invited from Alabama to last week's Mercy hospital rally, Christopher Key is an entrepreneur who came to prominence after convincing Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis to use his "deer antler spray" to treat his injury."

Of course, he's just one of those poor persecuted anti-vaxxers who just wants to be left alone...

Was that Sam the Bam?
Yep, from USC . . .

. . . Jerry Claiborne, a former Bryant assistant, said, sometime after USC's beat down of an all-white Bama team in the 1973 Rose Bowl: "Sam Cunningham did more to integrate Alabama in 60 minutes than Martin Luther King did in 20 years."

Reactions: Spartans9312
I can remove the hat!

Can you remove spike enhanced experimental gene therapies from your body?
I'm not an epidemiologist or virologist, but from everything I've read your body essentially removes the vaccine in about 2 weeks or so, after it's essentially 'taught' your body how to fight off the virus.

Again, that's probably not the official scientific explanation, but it's likely a lot closer to that than what you've written.

For someone that accuses others of "spreading misinformation" and being not very bright (to put it mildly) you sure do get confused by the most basic elements and procedures...At this point,I gotta believe it's deliberate and intentional...

I even highlighted the part of your initial post I was responding to, and yet you intentionally attempted to misstate my position and claim I said the approval FOR CHILDREN might be coming this week...

Reports that may happen for Phyzer this coming week..."

Btw, I'm pretty sure the FDA has just issued full approval. So I wonder what your new phony talking point will now be...
Phyzer?

Congratulations - one vaccine has been approved. It wasn't at the time I posted.

But do spew on.

Reactions: Lucy01
Yep, from USC . . .

. . . Jerry Claiborne, a former Bryant assistant, said, sometime after USC's beat down of an all-white Bama team in the 1973 Rose Bowl: "Sam Cunningham did more to integrate Alabama in 60 minutes than Martin Luther King did in 20 years."
That wasn't the Rose Bowl, was it?

It's really hard to believe some SEC teams were not integrated into the 70s. Even Kentucky had capitulated by then.

Growing up in Indiana, I knew there were racists, but had no idea of the conditions in the South back then. Being a kid in the 50s and 60s, I just didn't comprehend it because we didn't experience it here.

Basic Training in 1972 was the first time I'd ever had much interaction with people of another race (not just blacks, but Hispanics and Native Americans) and it just wasn't a big deal for me. But the black guys from St. Louis were always wary of anyone's motives to be friendly with them until we got to know and work with each other.

The whole racial atmosphere in the US just makes me sad today. It's like no progress has been made in the last 50 years, even though I know it's not true.

I'm not an epidemiologist or virologist, but from everything I've read your body essentially removes the vaccine in about 2 weeks or so, after it's essentially 'taught' your body how to fight off the virus.

Again, that's probably not the official scientific explanation, but it's likely a lot closer to that than what you've written.
The mRNA's half-life is 7 hours after its protective coat (the lipid nanoparticle) is worn away. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7076378/

The lipid nanoparticles,, pH buffers, etc. were tinkered with to get ~24 hrs of stability. Add the two together and 1.5 days is a good high end estimate for a drug half life. 9 days would be 6 half-lives, and you'd have <2% of anything still there after 9 days and <0.2% after 2 weeks.

But what about other stuff? The rest is saline, sugar, acetate, and other stuff your body has anyway.

That wasn't the Rose Bowl, was it?

It's really hard to believe some SEC teams were not integrated into the 70s. Even Kentucky had capitulated by then.

Growing up in Indiana, I knew there were racists, but had no idea of the conditions in the South back then. Being a kid in the 50s and 60s, I just didn't comprehend it because we didn't experience it here.

Basic Training in 1972 was the first time I'd ever had much interaction with people of another race (not just blacks, but Hispanics and Native Americans) and it just wasn't a big deal for me. But the black guys from St. Louis were always wary of anyone's motives to be friendly with them until we got to know and work with each other.

The whole racial atmosphere in the US just makes me sad today. It's like no progress has been made in the last 50 years, even though I know it's not true.
"Growing up in Indiana, I knew there were racists, but had no idea of the conditions in the South back then. Being a kid in the 50s and 60s, I just didn't comprehend it because we didn't experience it here."

I grew up in Indy, went to a Marion Co school district, and was well aware of pretty blatant racism, so I'm curious what part of Indiana you grew up in? Are you sure you didn't just miss the obvious examples of racism because nothing was drastic for you personally? I mean some of the Black athletes who were vital parts of the 67 IU Rose Bowl squad have exposed the racism they personally experienced from some coaches and teammates...

77 years ago we asked young men to storm the Normandy beaches, though they knew there would be high casualties.

Now we have millions of people whining like little babies about requests to wear a cloth mask for a while in indoor spaces with close contact.

Grow the EFF up.
Meaningless tripe!

Reactions: DANC

Well at this point, if you don’t understand that this isn’t “the flu”, you’re beyond help.

Are you not grasping that this is a GLOBAL pandemic?

God, I admire your courage!
Admittedly I don’t know what flu stats are like for cook county but I would have to think 1 death/ day wouldn’t even register in a county of 5 million under normal circumstances.

The only reason we react with mandates now is because people (like yourself) have had their brains broken and believe this now to be the new normal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT