ADVERTISEMENT

This is all that really needs to be said about anti-vaxxers....

I would rather see a vaccine mandate (i.e. a real mandate with no opting out for fake "religious" claims) rather than a mask mandate (permitting opting out for fake "religious" claims).

Interesting, not sure how the public would receive it.

Let’s start with the teachers, once they reach 100% we can mandate it for everyone else?

Were a lot of them under 12?

So lives only matter for 12 years or are there a certain number of kid deaths that are ok with you?

Even if they live, are we just supposed to ignore the other issue - long term health issues that is being caused by getting covid

So lives only matter for 12 years or are there a certain number of kid deaths that are ok with you?
Everyone over 12 can get vaxed, those under 12 are not really affected much by this thing, thankfully. From a public policy perspective this thing is a wrap.

That’s not to say kids and immunocompromised don’t sometimes die. That’s true from COVID, even more true from the flu.

But life goes on and you need to drop your fetish.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory
Everyone over 12 can get vaxed, those under 12 are not really affected much by this thing, thankfully. From a public policy perspective this thing is a wrap.

That’s not to say kids and immunocompromised don’t sometimes die. That’s true from COVID, even more true from the flu.

But life goes on and you need to drop your fetish.
You need to take this more seriously instead of acting like it is political.

D variant effects kids more than the other variants

You need to take this more seriously instead of acting like it is political.

D variant effects kids more than the other variants
Take it more seriously? How? I’m vaccinated, as far as I’m concerned my contributions end there.

I don’t go around shaming other people over their mask and vax decisions because I’m not an asshole.

All those deaths are a big part of it. We were told daily that if we don’t adhere to all those “emergency” orders the politicians are so fond of we die.
People really shouldn’t be citing death statistics pre-vaccine. It’s a cheap, lazy scare tatctic.

The limiting principle for these jokers seems to be zero COVID, which is scary…

Reactions: mcmurtry66 and DANC
What hasn't the FDA approved it for adults yet?
Reports that may happen for Phyzer this coming week...

Meanwhile, the non-crazies are making their voices heard. This guy reminds me of my own family in TN, who were appalled that people were threatening fellow parents after the school board meeting in Franklin last week...

What do you think winter is going to look like in Chicago and NYC this year? I guess you should make hay while the sun shines.
NYC seems to be having no issues whatsoever, with vaccination rates high and proof of vaccination needed to go anywhere or do anything, and high rate of mask wearing too. It's areas with antivaxxers/antimaskers that are a mess.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
NYC seems to be having no issues whatsoever, with vaccination rates high and proof of vaccination needed to go anywhere or do anything, and high rate of mask wearing too. It's areas with antivaxxers/antimaskers that are a mess.
Do you understand the concept of seasonality? I thought you fancied yourself an online virologist.

Reactions: DANC
People really shouldn’t be citing death statistics pre-vaccine. It’s a cheap, lazy scare tatctic.

The limiting principle for these jokers seems to be zero COVID, which is scary…
Be honest... During the height of last summer's surge if people told you that within a year we'd have a life-saving vaccine, would you believe there'd be people stupid enough to refuse to take it? Does any sane person excuse morons who refuse to take smallpox, polio, or other vaccines which were also once "new"?

Be honest... During the height of last summer's surge if people told you that within a year we'd have a life-saving vaccine, would you believe there'd be people stupid enough to refuse to take it? Does any sane person excuse morons who refuse to take smallpox, polio, or other vaccines which were also once "new"?
The vax offers enough protection that it’s not rational to be worried about an adverse reaction to COVID once you have it.

So get vaxed, and leave other people the hell alone.

Do you understand the concept of seasonality? I thought you fancied yourself an online virologist.
Isn't about time some of you guys drop this ridiculous hatred of shooter to the point that you stop belittling his credentials, which have actually been established as far back as the decade or more when I first joined the board? Some of the posters who question his intelligence are of the "quality" that they do nothing more than embarrassingly expose anyone who agrees with them as an absolute moron...

Lmao. I guess you don't understand there are seasons and the history of last year. It moves like wildfire. It'll be in ny and explode. History.

Isn't about time some of you guys drop this ridiculous hatred of shooter to the point that you stop belittling his credentials, which have actually been established as far back as the decade or more when I first joined the board? Some of the posters who question his intelligence are of the "quality" that they do nothing more than embarrassingly expose anyone who agrees with them as an absolute moron...
If he didn’t cite his credentials so often, he wouldn’t get belittled. He’s a big boy, and a fair weather patriots fan, hopped on the Bandwagon with Brady.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
The vax offers enough protection that it’s not rational to be worried about an adverse reaction to COVID once you have it.

So get vaxed, and leave other people the hell alone.
Yeah because the people too stupid to get the vax would never do anything to endanger others... Like send kids they know are infected to school, or refuse to isolate once their stupidity catches up with them...

Maybe these officials in GOP-controlled Mississippi have the right idea...

Lmao. I guess you don't understand there are seasons and the history of last year. It moves like wildfire. It'll be in ny and explode. History.
I look forward to his full throated condemnation of Pritzker and whoever the new NY governor is when the time comes.

Unless he’s just a political hack.

Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
Yeah because the people too stupid to get the vax would never do anything to endanger others... Like send kids they know are infected to school, or refuse to isolate once their stupidity catches up with them...

Maybe these officials in GOP-controlled Mississippi have the right idea...
Isolated events and the far reaches of the right wing internet. Cos’s time tested Motte to his nonsense Bailey arguments.

Grow up dude.

If he didn’t cite his credentials so often, he wouldn’t get belittled. He’s a big boy, and a fair weather patriots fan, hopped on the Bandwagon with Brady.
Well, I hopped on the bandwagon when Brady beat the Dolts in his first start as a heavy underdog back in 2001. Pretty sure shooter was a fan prior to that.

a fair weather patriots fan, hopped on the Bandwagon with Brady.
I don't discuss football on this forum,
normally, but... I was a fan before Brady was even BORN. My first favorite Patriots player was Sam Cunningham, early 70s. Randall's big brother

Last edited:
Reactions: cosmickid
Reports that may happen for Phyzer this coming week...

Meanwhile, the non-crazies are making their voices heard. This guy reminds me of my own family in TN, who were appalled that people were threatening fellow parents after the school board meeting in Franklin last week...

Why would anyone expect the vaccine to be approved for kids when the FDA hasn't approved it yet.

If you can't follow the logic, don't respond with your usual bullshit cut-and-pastes no one looks at.

I guess you don't care about the 70% of New York blacks who haven't had the vaccine.

I understand rates go up, seasonally. But what you are doing right, right now, will help later also. I don't "fancy myself" anything, other than a chemistry prof. and non-moron.
Good thing all you do is fancy yourself that. Because your on-line persona is that of an idiot blow-hard.

You have proved you can be suckered into anything. The fact you think Outside Shitter is anything other than a Google PhD is hilarious.

You have proved you can be suckered into anything. The fact you think Outside Shitter is anything other than a Google PhD is hilarious.
Shooter's bona fides have been made plain to me and to a lot of others who take the time to read his postings and follow what he's getting across. He does a good job of putting the more difficult concepts into terms that laymen like me can understand. I value his contributions here greatly. That he may not have been able to help you understand is not for lack of effort and no fault of his.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory and DANC
Shooter's bona fides have been made plain to me and to a lot of others who take to time to read his postings and follow what he's getting across. He does a good job of putting the more difficult concepts into terms that laymen like me can understand. I value his contributions here greatly. That he may not have been able to help you understand is not for lack of effort and no fault of his.
He's nothing but an internet 'expert' who is a political hack.

If you have to have things simplified so you can understand them, good for you.

Hey, I don't mean to talk down to anybody. I am a cow milking hay baling Hoosier farm boy who happened to go to college in 1980 and liked science.

41 years later I have learned a few things. In an age of scientific disinformation, I feel the need to step up, answer questions, and explain things as best as I can.

I don't expect to change a lot of minds, but one now and then will do.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and UncleMark
Hey, I don't mean to talk down to anybody. I am a cow milking hay baling Hoosier farm boy who happened to go to college in 1980 and liked science.

41 years later I have learned a few things. In an age of scientific disinformation, I feel the need to step up, answer questions, and explain things as best as I can.

You've helped me and I'm sure numerous others grasp some of the broad principles and concepts that have been involved in understanding the pandemic as it has progressed. Thanks.

Lol you filter your opinions through hyper partisan bullshit until garbage spits out. Scientists should never set policy. I believe u know chemistry. Little else. Add 41 years of academia to it and you are about as far removed from reality as a human can get. Anymore removed you'd be making up stories about MAGAs hunting you down

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT